Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Episode 5 Talkback Thread *SPOILERS*

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Regarding the time scale and ages and Teela’s reaction…doesn’t that make it worse? If it’s been decades and He-Man and Teela are in their 30s, isn’t that more of a betrayal? Decades of secrets and lies and the daily choice to not trust her, to me, would make the wound deeper and harder to heal. Combine this with everything else that happened in the moment, her entire reality fell to pieces around her. That wasn’t her being impulsive, that was her receiving so much information and consequence that her f-it meter filled all the way past the top in one fell swoop. If you ever read TVTropes, it’s like the Herioc BSoD or Despair Event Horizon.

Regarding Randor…yeah, now that was impulsive. This version of Randor makes me worry for Marlena. Do we know that this version of Randor and Duncan are lifelong friends though?
    I think Teela is completely justified in her reaction. She feels like she doesn't know Adam at all and it's perceived she wasn't worthy to know the secret. And she can't rage at the person most responsible because he is dead.

Randor's reaction was a bit extreme but I bought it. I guess to me I figure he is really mad at himself for humiliating his son, but also Duncan, who was responsible for Adam, didn't seem to let him think otherwise. He doesn't like being humiliated, especially being king, so he is making an example of Duncan. Impulsive and rash, sure, but IMHO, understandable.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post

Randor's reaction was a bit extreme but I bought it. I guess to me I figure he is really mad at himself for humiliating his son, but also Duncan, who was responsible for Adam, didn't seem to let him think otherwise. He doesn't like being humiliated, especially being king, so he is making an example of Duncan. Impulsive and rash, sure, but IMHO, understandable.
    do you think Randor will get angry if someone mentions Duncan or Orko's name?

"never say that name again."

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNSC7 View Post
    I can’t find the aftershowbon Netflix? What do I search this under?
    If you go to the Revelation page it is under “More Like”. Or you can just search Masters of the Universe.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootRULES View Post
    do you think Randor will get angry if someone mentions Duncan or Orko's name?

"never say that name again."
    Good question. Duncan was banished immediately and Orko at some point later. It's clear that Randor was angry for a while at least. I wish we knew how long was the time jump. I would like to believe Randor regrets his words but doesn't want to display that publicly by rescinding his orders. I am pretty sure we'll get an idea of what happened to Eternos during this time in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Randor threatening to have ANYONE executed was some serious "Dubya-Tee-Eff" for me. I've never even heard him speak a word about wanted to see SKELETOR dead for any reason, and now he's threatening to have one of his closest friends and trusted advisors killed over a misunderstanding.

As you said, the fact that some serious time has obviously passed and Duncan's still like "I can't even build a better mousetrap or the King's gonna cut my head off" was ludicrous. I can accept Randor exploding in the heat of the moment but the idea that maybe a couple years have gone by and he's STILL that mad is just... I don't think so.

They needed to get all of the characters to a very specific place on the board to start Episode 2 and begin "the real story" of the show. I get that. But in order to get there within a limited timeframe, they had to twist Randor into some heretofore unseen version which is pretty irreconcilable with the guy we know. Some of the other characters were "tweaked" but he was flat-out bent into someone else in service of the plot.

My wife also called complete Shenanigans on this. She's a lot less likely to nitpick or even notice flaws compared to the way I am but she was like "That's ridiculous."
    He literally just found out in a matter of a minute that, He-Man, their protector is dead, and that he was in fact his son, and that Duncan, his MOST trusted advisor, and even his wife knew and lied to him. He is going through a ton at that moment. I thought it was def in character for how distraught he must be in that moment.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    He literally just found out in a matter of a minute that, He-Man, their protector is dead, and that he was in fact his son, and that Duncan, his MOST trusted advisor, and even his wife knew and lied to him. He is going through a ton at that moment. I thought it was def in character for how distraught he must be in that moment.
    Yup, completely agree.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    We don't wanna empower those females huh?
    God forbid we expect a MOTU show to feature strong male characters, instead of sidelining them just for the sake of making a female character feel more important.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Good question. Duncan was banished immediately and Orko at some point later. It's clear that Randor was angry for a while at least. I wish we knew how long was the time jump. I would like to believe Randor regrets his words but doesn't want to display that publicly by rescinding his orders. I am pretty sure we'll get an idea of what happened to Eternos during this time in the 2nd half.
    ok but worse case scenario he becomes a tyrant after Adam's death.

Masters of the Universe Revelation Episode 5 Talkback Thread *SPOILERS*

Oops, inadvertent post.
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    We don't wanna empower those females huh?
    Just stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    Mega spoiler: Don't click it. You have been warned.

I kinda like that scene. Don't you think good riddance to that particular Adam in the multiverse? The strong DC comics Adam, he was funny with the girls on his side. Maybe they will recall a different Adam in the multiverse. This Adam is lazy, It's not that hard to do a few push ups .
    Last edited by Baba1983; July 24, 2021 at 06:59pm.

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    God forbid we expect a MOTU show to feature strong male characters, instead of sidelining them just for the sake of making a female character feel more important.
    Did you miss how [email protected] Duncan is in this show?

He was quite possibly the most powerful character in all of part one...

In fact, he is referred to as "The Most Dangerous Person in the Universe."
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by 80slady View Post
    God, finally someone who isn't remembering Teela with rose colored glasses. MYP Teela was awful, and had I been Adam, I would have been plotting to have her thrown in the dungeon as soon as I became King.

This version is a nice mix of the unreasonable temper of MYP Teela (that nobody minded, because they liked the eyecandy lol) and the Filmation Teela that actually cared about her friends (but still had a temper.) She was miles better than the 2012-2013 comics with blonde Teela, who was less likable than any character in the MOTU has ever been, but nobody complained because she was falling out of her clothes all the time.

Anyway, I can't take the "this isn't like Teela at all!!!" seriously because

1. LOL, yes it is! She is exactly like this.
    2. It's called stages of grief. She's grieving her friend, who lied to her, and she is furious. Being furious and unable to let go of that is a perfectly normal thing.
    3. Especially when you are as prone to anger as the character of Teela has literally always been.
    If she's in the stages of grief, she tends to revert to anger a lot. Not to mention she takes the fact that Adam basically died to save everyone, had no choice but to keep his identity secret until then, and makes it sound like she's the victim.

And yes, 2002 Teela was a massive jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

He-Man is not in the show much but when he is, he lives up to the title of the strongest man in the universe. For the group we follow in the show Beastman is just there, Orkko got some development and has a heroic sacrifice, same with Robotto to a lesser extent.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootRULES View Post
    ok but worse case scenario he becomes a tyrant after Adam's death.
    I do co concede that's possible. Hopefully we find out more in the last 5 episodes.

Court Magician Skeletor's Lackey's Avatar
    Why does everyone assume Adam is dead? He will recover. All we saw was him get stabbed and his sword taken away. When the show ended, he was wounded pretty badly, but he wasn't dead.

Co-Creator of the NV
    A couple weeks ago I was talking to a friend of mine and asked of he'd watch the show. He's a bit younger than I am, but says he remembers watching the original, even though he remembers very little, and might check this out

Cut to yesterday where I tell him that they killed He-Man in the pilot, and then possibly again right after they bring him back in episode 5.

His reaction is, "what? That makes no sense. Isn't He-Man supposed to he the main guy?"

That gave me a laugh. I'm not sure that he even believed me

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    A couple weeks ago I was talking to a friend of mine and asked of he'd watch the show. He's a bit younger than I am, but says he remembers watching the original, even though he remembers very little, and might check this out

Cut to yesterday where I tell him that they killed He-Man in the pilot, and then possibly again right after they bring him back in episode 5.

His reaction is, "what? That makes no sense. Isn't He-Man supposed to he the main guy?"

That gave me a laugh. I'm not sure that he even believed me
    Honestly surprised Mattel didn't prevent this
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor's Lackey View Post
    Why does everyone assume Adam is dead? He will recover. All we saw was him get stabbed and his sword taken away. When the show ended, he was wounded pretty badly, but he wasn't dead.
    Because the rage has to sustain itself somehow.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    Honestly surprised Mattel didn't prevent this
    I don't see why they would. Kevin Smith has created a great story, and Mattel is sure to know how it all ends, which is almost certainly going to be with Adam back as He-Man.

If the show does end with Adam dead or not He-Man, then I'd be surprised that Mattel allowed it.

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel may have less say then we think.
    Yes, it's their property. But netflix are the bigger partner, and mattel need them more than netflix needs mattel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrskeletor View Post
    Mattel may have less say then we think.
    Yes, it's their property. But netflix are the bigger partner, and mattel need them more than netflix needs mattel.
    So does everyone think Netflix paid money to bomb a series and lose money?

I mean seriously, does anyone really believe Adam/ He-man is done?
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

Master of New Adventures!
    If Bobby Ewing could come out of the shower after a whole season of Dallas in which wife Pam dreamt he was dead, then surely He-man can come back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    So does everyone think Netflix paid money to bomb a series and lose money?

I mean seriously, does anyone really believe Adam/ He-man is done?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

Despite that, he also got sidelined and was begging Teela on his knees for forgiveness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    Every male member of Teela's party gets self-sacrificed (Orko and Roboto) or sidelined (Man-At-Arms), except for Beast Man. And Beast Man is only there to protect Evil-Lyn. Nothing happens to Teela, Andra or Evil-Lyn though.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Despite that, he also got sidelined and was begging Teela on his knees for forgiveness.
    For letting her best friend/potential suitor to die, keeping Adam's secret from her, keeping Teela's true heritage a secret, feeling he failed her as a father.
    Yes, I can buy that.