Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PROTECTED: Netflix He-Man & the MOTU cartoon series (2021) Positivity Thread

PROTECTED: Netflix He-Man & the MOTU cartoon series (2021) Positivity Thread

Protected thread!

Here is the link for the debate-friendly general discussion thread for the show:
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...ing-to-Netflix

Forum Members can use this thread as a place to discuss and celebrate in a positive manner the new He-Man and the Masters of the Universe animated series coming to Netflix.

Rules:

No arguments. Protected threads are not open for debate or argument. These threads are for people to discuss a belief without fear of being attacked and/or challenged. If you want to continue to argue or discuss an opposing opinion, please visit the link at the top of the thread to participate in the previous debate-friendly discussion.

No "call outs." If you disagree with something that has been said in a Protected Thread, you can't call that person out into another thread to discuss/argue about it. Nor can you use that user's post against them in another thread. Protected threads are just that: protected, and so are the comments inside. If you disagree with the general topic and want to start your own thread to the contrary, then that's one thing. But Protected threads are not about fighting with individual users.

Even if the show is not great at least there will be some fun toys
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Quite on board with this one, just from what I've seen the animation studio do with Trollhunters and it's spin-offs.
    I'm anticipating this being a wild ride with all sorts of changes to character designs and such. Basically, this is what I've wanted to see done with MOTU since the first season of Trollhunters aired and I can't wait to dig into the world they're going to create... also, first time He-Man's not going to be done in 2D animation, so that's pretty exciting, too. Oh the possibilities!
    Looking for any loose Classics figures? Let me know via PM what you might be looking for and I'll look through some boxes and see if we can help each other out!

I will definitely give this show a chance. I know from the start to expect it to be quite different from what we've seen regarding MOTU in the past. If it ends up being a lot like Rise of the TMNT, then I know it won't be for me, but hopefully it will still catch on with kids. It would be great seeing the masses of young ones out there knowing who He-Man and company are again.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

I’m so curious about this one! We have barely any visuals from the actual show yet, except I remember He-Man riding Battle Cat (with a hyper detailed armor) and He-Man had pants.
    I can’t wait to see what the other characters will look like!

There are many different interpretations of MOTU and I’m always trying to see them separate from each other. Some I like more than others, but if I look at them one at a time, I get a kick out of all of them.

I hope they use various kinds of MOTU as inspiration, not just the most recent / well-known versions. There are so many great versions to mine ideas from. Would love to see something from the Alcala times pop up here (a personal favorite) or from a Golden Book, etc

I imagine this series will be a bit more tech-y, from the look of the toys, but if they live in Grayskull, i imagine there will be some mystery and sorcery, too!

I'm really glad this kid-targeted show is on the way. Given the more "adult" orientation of Revelation, I'm not sure it'll be appropriate for my little 4 year-old niece, especially with character deaths and all that. No such worries with this show, and I'm really looking forward to watching it with her.

I posted this earlier, but this new show (albeit, we know precious little about it) seems to lean more toward the sci-fi angle.

As a New Adventures fan, I'm perfectly fine with this!

I also like the "We have the Power" mentality mentioned earlier...

In some ways, I'm looking forward to this version of MotU more than Revelation.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

With all the leaks and listings, of Origins and Masterverse, we haven’t seen anything from this one in a while, right?

Perhaps this will be more timely around Power Con...
    I just think we don’t have enough toy announcements lately
    Bring it, Mattel!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    With all the leaks and listings, of Origins and Masterverse, we haven’t seen anything from this one in a while, right?

Bring it, Mattel!
    I think Mattel is trying to space things out so that they don't trip over themselves...

There's a lot going on over there... but, I'm excited to see a better shot of that CGI Skeletor figure for sure!

Bring it, Mattel!
    It wouldn't surprise me if this show followed the same build up as Revelation. We'll probably see a teaser released after Revelation premieres and the property is buzzing and then follow it up with a full trailer for Power Con. That'd make sense, right?

Totally, it would be smart to use the momentum of Revelation, without distracting from it. So right after that air date, we might see more!
    Definitely something at Power Con, it’s the perfect, leading into the fall, towards the show.

I'm hoping that this show prompts a studio to make a game for the Switch, PS5 and XBS...

I think that the CGI show will stand a better chance of being turned into a video game than Revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I'm hoping that this show prompts a studio to make a game for the Switch, PS5 and XBS...

I think that the CGI show will stand a better chance of being turned into a video game than Revelation.
    Oh yeah, it already lives in the 3D generated world. Even though I am not a gamer at all, I would be very excited for a MOTU game– such a good way to reach new people, expand interest in the property– and for the MOTU gamers it would be terrific fun!

Oh yeah, it already lives in the 3D generated world. Even though I am not a gamer at all, I would be very excited for a MOTU game– such a good way to reach new people, expand interest in the property– and for the MOTU gamers it would be terrific fun!
    Fingers crossed that Mattel puts some real money into it...

The last thing I would want to see is another mobile game/app... ugh.

Give MOTU some digital respect! There are books, movies, shows, toys, magazines and costumes that have fed fans for decades... it's time for a good video game!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Fingers crossed that Mattel puts some real money into it...

The last thing I would want to see is another mobile game/app... ugh.

Give MOTU some digital respect! There are books, movies, shows, toys, magazines and costumes that have fed fans for decades... it's time for a good video game!
    Definitely a big investment, if they would pursue it seriously… but it could be awesome! Building that whole world… wow!

I am so excited and looking forward to MOTU Revelation this week and I will enjoy this magical new series at home and not in Hospital.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I am so excited and looking forward to MOTU Revelation this week and I will enjoy this magical new series at home and not in Hospital.
    Glad you are writing us from your home and not from the hospital <3

Definitely a big investment, if they would pursue it seriously… but it could be awesome! Building that whole world… wow!
    They have the kids who like action figures taken care of... now, Mattel needs to invest in the demographic who likes digital "toys" and hire a good studio to produce some video games!

A worthy endeavor if ever there was one...

Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    I am SUPER excited for this show now! Yes, there are a lot of differences to get used to. But this succeeds in concept and design where New Adventures failed (IMHO). Yes, it's more sci-fi than fantasy. Yes, He-Man has pants. Why isn't Keldor blue in humanoid form and what's up with that one hand as Skeletor? But putting aside the changes and questions, most of the core characters are there with their general looks and personalities. I'm super excited to watch this once it drops!

After watching this trailer like six times, I have a few slight concerns... but I might have to bring those up in the regular discussion thread.
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: Zodak (200X style), King Grayskull (Revelation style), He-Man 2.0 (or 200X King Grayskull), Tung Lashor, Rattlor, She-Ra 2.0

If all I did was lament about all of the things that are different from traditional MOTU, it would be hard to like this show.

But looking at it as its own distinct interpretation, based on the trailer, it looks like it's going to be a really good show. And if kids get into it, that will be all the better.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Co-Creator of the NV
    So.. I don't line the art style or designs, but I think that it looks like it'll be a lot of fun to watch.

Perhaps quizzically I also have absolutely no idea who any of the heroes are outside of Adam, Cringer and Orko.. like.. maybe the one teen is MAA.. but who's the white haired lady? Is the other woman Teela?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    So.. I don't line the art style or designs, but I think that it looks like it'll be a lot of fun to watch.

Perhaps quizzically I also have absolutely no idea who any of the heroes are outside of Adam, Cringer and Orko.. like.. maybe the one teen is MAA.. but who's the white haired lady? Is the other woman Teela?
    The white hair lady is Teela the other girl on the team is Ram Ma'am

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post

The teens names are, I take it the following

Adam - Turns into He-Man
    Duncan - Man-at-Arms
    Teela - Sorceress
    Krass - Ram-Ma'am
    Cringer - Battle Cat

It's like Power Rangers or Gatchaman were they turn into, or possessed by the spirit of Heroes.
    Like Billy Batson turning into Shazam.

And same goes for the bad guys.
    Last edited by tnktrk; August 19, 2021 at 07:53pm.

So I really hope this show reaches its target audience and is a hit with the kids . I can see myself liking the show but time will tell .

I love all the vile internet rage starting it's PATHETIC and I love that it is only 1 day old and alread gaining massive internet traction Free publicity....