Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Episode 5 Talkback Thread *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I concur with this.

My sister and I are one year apart in age... and when we were young, every day after school I settled in for some MOTU... and, my sister was right there. But, she was watching the Teela and Battle Cat show... she loved those characters so much!

Naturally, I was in it for He-Man, Duncan and Orko... so this led to some heated quarrels at that age.

Looking back on this as an adult, I totally see why my sister loved Teela so much. She was a positive, strong role model who was on-screen just as much as He-Man... if not more.
    So we should do a 360 degree turn because if what again??

I'm sorry the name(s) of the show were:

Tell me why he shouldn't be the focal point he's been that for ONLY 40 years....
    Last edited by Megalodon; July 26, 2021 at 06:24pm.

I never got that argument. Just because one character's name is in the title doesn't mean they have to be in every single scene and be the crux of their universe. I mean... Buffy the Vampire Slayer wasn't always about Buffy; there were tons of eps that focused on the other characters while she played a secondary role or even barely appeared. Pretty much all the Arrowverse shows -- The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Superman & Lois -- all of them give just as much screen time and development to the supporting cast, sometimes more. If anyone remembers the comic strip Pogo... Pogo himself was the titular character but since he was the "straight man" of the comic he was seldom the focus of the storylines and several weeks could pass without him appearing in a single strip. Even Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 2, one of the most celebrated superheroes of all times, was arguably more about Doctor Octopus than it was about Spider-Man.

For that matter, there has been plenty of He-Man stories that focused on other characters than He-Man. The MYP show was essentially an ensemble cast, with lots of characters taking turns in the spotlight.

If you think that a character's name in the title is a guarantee that said character is always going to be the focus all the time, you really haven't been paying attention to a lot of media.

Personally, I always preferred ensemble casts, so I took it as a good sign that the show was called "Masters of the Universe Revelation," and not "He-Man Revelation."
    Don't think, that'll only confuse you.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, it's been that for 40 years.

And he hasn't been able to defeat Skeletor in those 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    So we should do a 360 degree turn because if what again??

I'm sorry the name(s) of the show were:
    Very good.

But, I believe the thread in which you are posting is for:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dina M View Post
    I never got that argument. Just because one character's name is in the title doesn't mean they have to be in every single scene and be the crux of their universe. I mean... Buffy the Vampire Slayer wasn't always about Buffy; there were tons of eps that focused on the other characters while she played a secondary role or even barely appeared. Pretty much all the Arrowverse shows -- The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Superman & Lois -- all of them give just as much screen time and development to the supporting cast, sometimes more. If anyone remembers the comic strip Pogo... Pogo himself was the titular character but since he was the "straight man" of the comic he was seldom the focus of the storylines and several weeks could pass without him appearing in a single strip. Even Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 2, one of the most celebrated superheroes of all times, was arguably more about Doctor Octopus than it was about Spider-Man.

For that matter, there has been plenty of He-Man stories that focused on other characters than He-Man. The MYP show was essentially an ensemble cast, with lots of characters taking turns in the spotlight.

If you think that a character's name in the title is a guarantee that said character is always going to be the focus all the time, you really haven't been paying attention to a lot of media.

Personally, I always preferred ensemble casts, so I took it as a good sign that the show was called "Masters of the Universe Revelation," and not "He-Man Revelation."
    I agree.

Of course people associate He-Man with MOTU... he is the face of MOTU!

But, to make an argument that a cast as strong as the one in MOTU (any iteration) cannot function without He-Man on-screen the whole time - is ludicrous.

Even more so when you realize that the reason Adam/He-Man isn't there is A.) He did the most heroic thing ever, and sacrificed himself to save the literal universe, B.) Magic on Eternia is disappearing C.) Eternia has more than one hero.

Think of Revelation like Justice League... you don't read JL just to be upset that Superman isn't featured on every page.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Very good.

But, I believe the thread in which you are posting is for:

https://cdn.murphysmultiverse.com/wp...iverse_720.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I agree.

Of course people associate He-Man with MOTU... he is the face of MOTU!

But, to make an argument that a cast as strong as the one in MOTU (any iteration) cannot function without He-Man on-screen the whole time - is ludicrous.

Even more so when you realize that the reason Adam/He-Man isn't there is A.) He did the most heroic thing ever, and sacrificed himself to save the literal universe, B.) Magic on Eternia is disappearing C.) Eternia has more than one hero.

Think of Revelation like Justice League... you don't read JL just to be upset that Superman isn't featured on every page.
    Yea that's what they do change the title first,then everything along with it.....

- - - Updated - - -

But Buffy was the MAIN character get it now?

Angel didn't steal the headlines from Buffy he got his OWN show.....Right?

Heroic Warrior
    It's so odd to see people this attached to a main character. ALL of my favourite characters have always been either non main members of an ensemble, side characters, or characters that got barely any screentime at all.

Heroic Warrior

Why are comparing shows that had several seasons versus a show that's on its first season? Your argument only works if Green Arrow dies in the first episode of season 1. Imagine that?

Sorry He-Man was a BOYS brand and She-Ra was a GIRLS brand so they should change either brand to suit a small minorities complaining instead of the Target audience?

You really haven't been paying attention to other media (Star Wars,Star Trek,Marvel,DC etc.) and how changing something to suit 1-5% and **** of the 95%....No sorry that's not how it works

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"

We need to get back to that....
    You are assuming your view point is the majority viewpoint and not the 1-5% you want them to not listen to.
    cogito ergo doleo

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    It's so odd to see people this attached to a main character. ALL of my favourite characters have always been either non main members of an ensemble, side characters, or characters that got barely any screentime at all.
    Whether the toyline was called "Masters of the Universe" or the cartoons were called "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe", He-Man has always been the star of the franchise, so it's strange to see him take a backseat. This is the first time alot of people have watched a MOTU show in 40 years. He-Man was expected for this series. People would say we've seen plenty of He-Man in Filmation and 200X, but we haven't seen much of him in the Kevin Smith's series.

The only time when He-Man's absence isn't strange is when He-Man shows up in a series of stories so regularly, he can afford to not be present once in a while. Like "Clash of Arms" when Fisto was the main character. He-Man was the main character in most of the other comics.

We'll see if part 2 balances the scales somewhat and makes up for his lack of screen time.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    You are assuming your view point is the majority viewpoint and not the 1-5% you want them to not listen to.
    Trust me outside of this website there is a real world...

Trust me outside of this website there is a real world...
    A real world? Ok, now you are just making things up lol.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    Gasp. I thought I was the only one.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Gasp. I thought I was the only one.
    Yeah. I've just never been able to really relate to them that much, even if I know I should. It's so strange since I don't even know why I do this. The closest I ever get to liking "Main" characters if there's multiple viewpoints and even then, I'm more likely to love a side character even in those.

Nothing against those that adore main characters. If anything, I almost envy you.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Whether the toyline was called "Masters of the Universe" or the cartoons were called "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe", He-Man has always been the star of the franchise, so it's strange to see him take a backseat. This is the first time alot of people have watched a MOTU show in 40 years. He-Man was expected for this series. People would say we've seen plenty of He-Man in Filmation and 200X, but we haven't seen much of him in the Kevin Smith's series.

The only time when He-Man's absence isn't strange is when He-Man shows up in a series of stories so regularly, he can afford to not be present once in a while. Like "Clash of Arms" when Fisto was the main character. He-Man was the main character in most of the other comics.

We'll see if part 2 balances the scales somewhat and makes up for his lack of screen time.
    He-Man and Skeletor are pretty much household names. A lot of people I know that had MOTU figures as kids even refer to the toyline as "He-Man figures". The non-diehards i know have a hard time remembering anyone else by exact name outside of some mentioning Battle Cat.

Is anyone else pretending there is no part 2, and Skeleton finally won, the end?
    I'm basically the dad in the old commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Don't get what he means but the 1-5%, is it the percentage of females? I thought the percentage for MOTU are higher than the average other boy toy lines
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

άber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    Don't get what he means but the 1-5%, is it the percentage of females? I thought the percentage for MOTU are higher than the average other boy toy lines
    I am not sure to what he is referring, but the percentage of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe audience that was girls was almost half (45-percent).

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Oops! Dangerously close to Tar Swamp territory. Blame Divs for having her amazing and much-loved avatar.
    Right? I legit can't stop staring at it every time it pops up.

Anyways. As someone on another forum said, it's completely unbelievable that some of these people whining about "Not Enough He-Man, This Show Is Trash" are part of the generation that grew up with such critically-acclaimed stories as "The Death & Return of Superman", "Batman: Knightfall" (and KnightQuest... and KnightsEnd...), "X-Men: Age of Apocalypse", and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and........

It's like they've NEVER seen a story where the "main character(s)" are temporarily sidelined before making a Big Huge Comeback in Act III. When the truth is that happens ALL THE TIME and oftentimes end up being some of the best stories ever TOLD with those characters.

All the excessive use of emojis in the galaxy aren't enough to support an argument that has nothing of substance holding it up.

HUNDREDS of hours of MOTU content where He-Man is the center of attention, and some people get a canker sore because he's not the main focus for TWO measly hours. Un. Real.

The really sad part is, unless Adam jumps up at the beginning of Episode 6, immediately takes the sword back from Skeletor, turns into He-Man, tells Teela "I'LL take it from here, thanks!" and sends her back to the kitchen where she belongs, then spends the next 5 episodes bale-tossing bad guys and flexing his abs for 24 minutes at a pop... these people are STILL going to stomp their feet and moan. It's very clear now that is the ONLY thing that'll satisfy a lot of them, and it's gross.

I honestly had no idea that so many people were so selfish and entitled that they'd only accept EXACTLY what THEY wanted, with no deviation, or else everything is "trash". As many others have said, from fans of THIS franchise, I expected a lot better.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post

HUNDREDS of hours of MOTU content where He-Man is the center of attention, and some people get a canker sore because he's not the main focus for TWO measly hours. Un. Real.

The really sad part is, unless Adam jumps up at the beginning of Episode 6, immediately takes the sword back from Skeletor, turns into He-Man, tells Teela "I'LL take it from here, thanks!" and sends her back to the kitchen where she belongs, then spends the next 5 episodes bale-tossing bad guys and flexing his abs for 24 minutes at a pop... these people are STILL going to stomp their feet and moan. It's very clear now that is the ONLY thing that'll satisfy a lot of them, and it's gross.

I honestly had no idea that so many people were so selfish and entitled that they'd only accept EXACTLY what THEY wanted, with no deviation, or else everything is "trash". As many others have said, from fans of THIS franchise, I expected a lot better.
    Don't forget He-Mans top two moves - punching the screen (gotta love that feeling of He-Man trying to kill you), and using the sword of power as a tennis racket.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Don't forget He-Mans top two moves - punching the screen (gotta love that feeling of He-Man trying to kill you), and using the sword of power as a tennis racket.
    I do love both of those things unconditionally.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    It's like they've NEVER seen a story where the "main character(s)" are temporarily sidelined before making a Big Huge Comeback in Act III. When the truth is that happens ALL THE TIME and oftentimes end up being some of the best stories ever TOLD with those characters.
    How common are stories where the main character dies, gets completely ignored in the story, and when they finally get to him he gets dumped on for the sacrifice made?

Yeah, who cares about new content, right? Surely not the companies that thought that they could mine more money from this franchise.

This post was made from a computer with windows 98 because who cares about upgrading to something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Battledog View Post
    How common are stories where the main character dies, gets completely ignored in the story, and when they finally get to him he gets dumped on for the sacrifice made? [/I]
    Remember, this is only your interpretation of these events... which is fine, everyone is entitled to see it how they like, but don't state it as fact.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

I fail to see how he was "ignored" when the other characters keep talking about him the whole time even when he's not around. And when they've already revealed that the second half of the series revolves around why Adam was the one most worthy of the Power of Grayskull to begin with.

"Whoops".

But sure, a character is only "important" if they're constantly center-stage, with a spotlight on them and no one else. There's thousands of stories of Heroic Fiction that completely contradict that theory, but hey, they're all crap I guess.

I forget... it's been a while since I've played "Sons of Liberty"... I know Raiden was the one who got the most screen time in that game, but refresh my memory... when the game was over, WHO exactly came out of the story looking like the Super Bad-Ass Tough Guy Hero, him or Solid Snake?

It's almost like by seeing the "icon" character through other characters' eyes, you can build them up to be an even bigger deal. How odd.
    Last edited by Rikki Roxx; July 27, 2021 at 12:59am.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by tnktrk View Post
    I don't think I would have like having a 10 episode show where Skeletor tries to capture Grayskull and fails, and He-Man stopping him and letting him go/Skeletor escaping just to try again in the next episode...10 times. People today, including any new viewers both young and old would find both Skeletor AND He-Man incompetent. Wouldn't they?

I can just watch the original or the 2k versions for that.

That's just me.
    Why is it such a an either/or choice? Is there really no way to have a 10 episode show that focuses on both He-Man and Skeletor but that also has an ovearching plot and character progressing?

Stop being so binary people!

- - - Updated - - -

Just on the subject of the appropriateness of make-up :

"News Flash! Anime-Inspired Characters Mostly Facially-Androgynous, Film At 11."

One of my nitpicks about a lot of those types of shows in general is that you could swap the hair around and then just based on the faces you'd have a hard time telling who was a guy and who was a girl. Like you could Photoshop Korra into a boy without too much effort.

((Shrug))