Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 418

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Episode 5 Talkback Thread *SPOILERS*

  1. #326
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    1,352
    I merely asked a question.

    And no, I haven't heard of them before recently. But people here keep saying, "Yeah, well, Clownfish decided to badmouth the show from the start", and that's the information I'm going by because that's all the information I have.

    If they were "famous" and prescient before all of this, it is quite simply news to me. Which is why I asked the question I asked.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  2. #327
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrskeletor View Post
    So you never heard of them before two weeks ago yet you knew they were going to hate the show 2 years ago?
    Please.

    They were excited for the show. Got an inside tip which they tweeted saying "if this is true this won't play well", kevin smith went crazy denying everything in a series of tweets.
    A year later the tip proved accurate, it didn't play well as they predicted and kevin smith admitted he threw them under the bus.

    Their "crime" was to report an insider tip that was accurate. Which is basically what their channel does. So why keep badmouthing them? They aren't responsible to the reaction to the show, the writers are.
    Kevin Smith really hasn't done a great PR job for the show. When Clownfish made the tweet he really should have just shut his mouth and said nothing and neither confirmed or denied the leak.

    Also it was a pretty stupid move by Mattel releasing the Skelegod figure in the first wave of figures.

  3. #328
    Papi Loco Hamato Yoshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Northeast U.S.
    Posts
    1,983
    The thing about Clownfish TV is they're actual, legitimate fans of MOTU/POP. Just like us. But because they don't like this new agitprop that was designed to agitate a certain demographic, they're worse than Hitler.

    It was just a couple weeks ago that the argument was,"Why would they sideline He-Man on a show about He-Man??? That's obviously fake newz." Now it's, "Yeah, so they sidelined He-Man, what's the big deal??? Wait for part 2 to cast your judgement!"

    Keep moving those goal posts.

  4. #329
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    1,352
    Master Splinter would encourage patience and understanding. I demand to know who you REALLY are!
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  5. #330
    Papi Loco Hamato Yoshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Northeast U.S.
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Master Splinter would encourage patience and understanding.
    I have the patience of a saint. I've been waiting for some new MOTU for almost 20 years. I WANT to like this show. I used to be a Kevin Smith fan (well, back in the day at least, and I watched every episode of Comic Book Men). MOTU was the last unspoiled throwback geek property, and I was surprised when I saw they were bringing it back with a blond-haired, blue-eyed muscle man in current year. *Cut to scene of Teela and her not-girlfriend making fun of how corny He-Man was and laughing about it*

    It's all so tiresome.

  6. #331
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    1,352
    Master Splinter would advise us to be at peace with the things we cannot change, rather than rage at them.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  7. #332
    Papi Loco Hamato Yoshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Northeast U.S.
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Master Splinter would advise us to be at peace with the things we cannot change, rather than rage at them.
    Who's raging? I'm speaking objectively. I'm glad they're destroying this stuff; it allows me to focus on things other than constant consoomerism. But I'm glad you like it.

  8. #333
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
    The thing about Clownfish TV is they're actual, legitimate fans of MOTU/POP. Just like us. But because they don't like this new agitprop that was designed to agitate a certain demographic, they're worse than Hitler.
    You can be a fan of the show and still be less than capable of giving an opinion that's worthwhile.


    And, IMO, a true fan would try harder to find the good in a show trying to revitalize a franchise they love rather than talk it down. But then again that's not what gets the clicks is it?
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

  9. #334
    Papi Loco Hamato Yoshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Northeast U.S.
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    You can be a fan of the show and still be less than capable of giving an opinion that's worthwhile. And, IMO, a true fan would try harder to find the good in a show trying to revitalize a franchise they love rather than talk it down. But then again that's not what gets the clicks is it?
    That's fair. My point is, they WANT to like these shows. They even give credit where its due if they like something about it. But you'd have to listen to the whole show and not just react to their thumbnail or whatever (which is obviously designed to get clicks, yes, like literally every other YouTube channel).

    I'm glad some people are enjoying the show. I found it to be a bit of a chore to get through, and I'm always thirsty for new MOTU media. My opinion apparently doesn't matter though, since I was born the "wrong" gender/race.

  10. #335
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
    That's fair. My point is, they WANT to like these shows. They even give credit where its due if they like something about it. But you'd have to listen to the whole show and not just react to their thumbnail or whatever (which is obviously designed to get clicks, yes, like literally every other YouTube channel).

    I'm glad some people are enjoying the show. I found it to be a bit of a chore to get through, and I'm always thirsty for new MOTU media. My opinion apparently doesn't matter though, since I was born the "wrong" gender/race.
    I only got through a portion of a clownfish review. It's the one where Geeky Sparkles talked about a symbol on the wall in the throne room looks likes a "wiener". That was as much low brow thinking and opinion as I could stand.

    Listen, there's lots about this show that is NOT my cup of tea. But by gosh I want it to be a hit! I want them to make more! I want new fans as excited about the line as I am.

    I'm glad you at least watched the series. I hear people complaining a lot that haven't even bothered to see it that call it trash.


    Wanted to add: I think the second part is going to be much more of what a lot of us have been wanting. Enough so that if they'd all been released together, you'd lose a lot of the current complaints.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

  11. #336
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    22,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I never even heard of these Clownfish people until like two weeks ago and now they're ALL I ever hear about. So weird.

    Did people ever pay attention to them before this? I'm genuinely asking, I don't know. I know literally nothing of them aside from the fact they said from Day One that they'd hate this series and apparently have stuck to that. But before they came out swinging with "This show's gonna suck!" and everyone started using them as "proof" that it would, indeed, suck... I legit never heard of them before.

    I guess I'm asking who they are, what are their previous "accomplishments" of note, that kind of thing.

    Seriously, my only YouTube-watching stuff is like, Wrestling Bios and Sega Lord X and that sort of thing. I'm not in the loop. I just always think it's weird when I go from never hearing of someone to hearing about them constantly, like "How did this happen all of a sudden?"
    They came on the scene three years ago after noticing "the good guys are acting like the bad guys".

    ClownfishTV are a husband and wife team that mostly cover Disney theme parks (they used to work for Disney),
    However, they really got big when Netflix She-Ra came out and they disliked the direction. Once some of the voice actors, marketing and media started attacking the old She-Ra material to promote the new She-Ra stuff, it set them off. Lots of similar minded fans who didn't like the new direction subscribed and blew them up. The same thing is happening with Revelations. But they do like Filmation and 200X.

    The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

    Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

  12. #337
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I merely asked a question.

    And no, I haven't heard of them before recently. But people here keep saying, "Yeah, well, Clownfish decided to badmouth the show from the start", and that's the information I'm going by because that's all the information I have.

    If they were "famous" and prescient before all of this, it is quite simply news to me. Which is why I asked the question I asked.
    People go there, drink the Coo-Coo-Cola and then start spreading the fallacies like the gospel. Ugh.

    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  13. #338
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,113
    One of my favourite Rescue Rangers episodes.

  14. #339
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    You can be a fan of the show and still be less than capable of giving an opinion that's worthwhile.


    And, IMO, a true fan would try harder to find the good in a show trying to revitalize a franchise they love rather than talk it down. But then again that's not what gets the clicks is it?

    That's not a fan, that's a blind consumer.
    The content creator needs to create and shape content that people will enjoy. It's not the viewer's role to simply like something just because it has a brand name on it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    People go there, drink the Coo-Coo-Cola and then start spreading the fallacies like the gospel. Ugh.
    A way to combat that would be to come up with compelling points or discussions yourself to drag the conversation elsewhere, rather than simply act like a gatekeeper.

  15. #340
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrskeletor View Post
    That's not a fan, that's a blind consumer.
    There's definitely a few steps between "trying to find the good in what's there" and "being a blind consumer". Pretty wide ones, in fact.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  16. #341
    Heroic Dad, Teacher, Nerd Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    13,164
    I rewatched it with my wife and daughter between last night and this afternoon. I’m not sure what everyone else is seeing that I’m not, but I love it. It might be my favorite on-screen depiction of MOTU. My wife liked it quite a bit, though she’s only a casual fan. I’ll need to pick her brain a bit more.

    My daughter, she reeeeeeally likes it. She can’t get over some of the things that happened in it. The fifth was her favorite episode. She wants to talk about it in her next Youtube video. It’ll be interesting to see hire that goes; we only mentioned it in her last video and it’s the only one that received an “unlike.” (So far!)
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

  17. #342
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I rewatched it with my wife and daughter between last night and this afternoon. I’m not sure what everyone else is seeing that I’m not, but I love it. It might be my favorite on-screen depiction of MOTU. My wife liked it quite a bit, though she’s only a casual fan. I’ll need to pick her brain a bit more.

    My daughter, she reeeeeeally likes it. She can’t get over some of the things that happened in it. The fifth was her favorite episode. She wants to talk about it in her next Youtube video. It’ll be interesting to see hire that goes; we only mentioned it in her last video and it’s the only one that received an “unlike.” (So far!)
    That's encouraging, and I look forward to the video.

    I saw that downvote and I'm like "This is what we've come to, huh?" Someone takes the time to downvote a little kid's toy review video for whatever reason. I'm sure they're a class act, whoever they are.

    Part of me wishes me could see things the way we did as kids, when we were more inclined to be excited about things rather than go over them with a fine-tooth comb just to rip them apart.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  18. #343
    Widget
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    2
    IMO, the show was fine. Revelation felt like it was a season 1 cliffhanger that went into the start of season 2, which would probably have been better received.

  19. #344
    Co-Creator of the NV
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    My daughter, she reeeeeeally likes it. She can’t get over some of the things that happened in it. The fifth was her favorite episode. She wants to talk about it in her next Youtube video. It’ll be interesting to see hire that goes; we only mentioned it in her last video and it’s the only one that received an “unlike.” (So far!)
    Pls disable comments for that. Just the thought of what some people may post turns my stomach and I hate the idea of a little girl being subjected to that.

  20. #345
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Pls disable comments for that. Just the thought of what some people may post turns my stomach and I hate the idea of a little girl being subjected to that.
    Truth.

    Sadly, it's not a matter of if or when, but how vulgar the attacks will be.

    Worse, the comments aren't censored and can be incredibly offensive.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  21. #346
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    1,352
    Yeah but so far mine is the only comment and it'd get lost into the ether.

    I have someone who "stalks" my channel and downvotes everything I put up... for years now... but they never comment. It's so weird! I wanna know what their problem is but they insist on being passive aggressive. I'm only assuming it's the same person, I have no proof, but most people don't bother looking at my videos anyway, and when they do, I only really get one downvote. So I assume it's just some guy I worked with messing around, but I can't prove it.

    I'm all for freedom of expression, but the not knowing part kinda bothers me. What don't they like? The hair? Am I not tan enough? Do I look fat? Just TELL ME what the problem is at least!
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  22. #347
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I have someone who "stalks" my channel and downvotes everything I put up... for years now... but they never comment. It's so weird!
    Happened with me a few times too...but then, I earn it, I'm the absolute worst Youtube and I always get into fights over there, I like playing the heel too much. This is the company I keep

  23. #348
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Happened with me a few times too...but then, I earn it, I'm the absolute worst Youtube and I always get into fights over there, I like playing the heel too much. This is the company I keep
    Am I even on your channel? You've got so many names I don't even know anymore. You're not Top Hat Gaming Man, are you?

    No seriously I either didn't know or forgot you had a channel. I'm sorry. I'll do better.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  24. #349
    No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,238
    Just watched it. I loved seeing the previous He-Men. It was great. Then it all went downhill, fast.
    Evil-Lyn just turns her back on all of them in the blink of an eye? Gimme a break.
    And the ending sucks. Thanks for a cliffhanger after a whopping 5 episodes. Of which I enjoyed about 2 1/2 of them. lol
    Looking forward to TF Kingdom to purge my mind of this.

    This is just not good. Such magnificent voice acting and beautiful animation, squandered on nonsense.

  25. #350
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Evil-Lyn just turns her back on all of them in the blink of an eye? Gimme a break.
    I think there's gonna be more to that story in Part 2. A lot more.

    But as far as the Here and Now, one thing that's consistent about Evil-Lyn in every iteration is that she goes for the side that's most advantageous to her. She sees Adam bleeding out, figures it's pointless to even try and go against Skeletor, and hops back on the "Dark Side" of the fence because that's where her bread is buttered.

    ...But that may yet change.

    I really liked her actions there in that scene because it's consistent, even if it was abrupt. Evil-Lyn only ever takes one side: Evil-Lyn's side. Maybe she did at one point sincerely feel some sort of kinship with the others after their adventure, but once she sees that Skeletor is about to become a god she's not going to suddenly see it as a golden opportunity to nurture her budding altruistic streak. She's far too pragmatic for that.

    And if she later on betrays Skeletor at a moment of opportunity, well... that's pretty consistent, too.

    We'll see. I think they said Evil-Lyn gets most of an episode in Part II so obviously there's more to this chapter.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •