Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Episode 5 Talkback Thread *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I think there's gonna be more to that story in Part 2. A lot more.

But as far as the Here and Now, one thing that's consistent about Evil-Lyn in every iteration is that she goes for the side that's most advantageous to her. She sees Adam bleeding out, figures it's pointless to even try and go against Skeletor, and hops back on the "Dark Side" of the fence because that's where her bread is buttered.

...But that may yet change.

I really liked her actions there in that scene because it's consistent, even if it was abrupt. Evil-Lyn only ever takes one side: Evil-Lyn's side. Maybe she did at one point sincerely feel some sort of kinship with the others after their adventure, but once she sees that Skeletor is about to become a god she's not going to suddenly see it as a golden opportunity to nurture her budding altruistic streak. She's far too pragmatic for that.

And if she later on betrays Skeletor at a moment of opportunity, well... that's pretty consistent, too.

We'll see. I think they said Evil-Lyn gets most of an episode in Part II so obviously there's more to this chapter.
    I have to admit I was pretty disappointed when Evil-Lyn turned evil again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    But were you SHOCKED, though?

Not me! Like yeah, you're obviously supposed to drop a heavy sigh because we were all hoping Orko had gotten through to her. And maybe some of it did. Either way, Lyn's no fool.

Whether she's genuinely back on Skeletor's side or just biding her time for another "turn", she's gonna cover her own butt first and foremost. Her only loyalty - as of Now - is to herself. It's been like that in every single version, the cartoons, the comics, the 1987 movie... everything. Evil-Lyn's "loyalty" is to Evil-Lyn.

BUT... maybe she's learned a thing about genuine altruism, or maybe she will. So far, though... that was totally in-character for her. "These kids are all gonna die, I'm not riding that horse anymore. Back to the Winning Team!"

We'll see if she's "4-Life" or just "4-Now" as far as Skeletor is concerned.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    But were you SHOCKED, though?

Not me! Like yeah, you're obviously supposed to drop a heavy sigh because we were all hoping Orko had gotten through to her. And maybe some of it did. Either way, Lyn's no fool.

Whether she's genuinely back on Skeletor's side or just biding her time for another "turn", she's gonna cover her own butt first and foremost. Her only loyalty - as of Now - is to herself. It's been like that in every single version, the cartoons, the comics, the 1987 movie... everything. Evil-Lyn's "loyalty" is to Evil-Lyn.

BUT... maybe she's learned a thing about genuine altruism, or maybe she will. So far, though... that was totally in-character for her. "These kids are all gonna die, I'm not riding that horse anymore. Back to the Winning Team!"

We'll see if she's "4-Life" or just "4-Now" as far as Skeletor is concerned.
    Not shocked just disappointed. I was really gettign used to her on the hero side.

I kind of wish their quest for the swords had gone on longer then t would have actually went something.

I guess much like in the Clerks sequel Smith didn't want to do a LOTR and focuss too much on the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrskeletor View Post
    That's not a fan, that's a blind consumer.
    The content creator needs to create and shape content that people will enjoy. It's not the viewer's role to simply like something just because it has a brand name on it.
    A fan who tries hard to find good in something is the exact opposite of a blind consumer. Trying hard does not mean you will always succeed.

A blind consumer just accepts everything as it is.

A real critic may watch the show and actually dislike it. A blind critic will spout a general complaint and give no real critique.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

I've seen a few theorizing on something that I think it makes total sense:

Skeletor being in Evil-Lyn's wand also meant he was somewhat controlling her magic. The fact that it always kept faltering at the exact points she was trying to help on important moments points to so much after the reveal, and I honestly think it could help for any second betrayal of Skeletor eventually.

The way I saw it , she doesn't throw her head back ,cackle , and say " heroic fools , now you'll die " , she weighs it up , thinks about it , even says " shame , I was starting to like you people " before rejoining skeletor , I think she's playing the long game , and shell betray skeletor in the end . Don't forget all the things she said to teela about resenting all the years she spent serving skeletors needs instead of her own , shes up to something now I think

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    The way I saw it , she doesn't throw her head back ,cackle , and say " heroic fools , now you'll die " , she weighs it up , thinks about it , even says " shame , I was starting to like you people " before rejoining skeletor , I think she's playing the long game , and shell betray skeletor in the end . Don't forget all the things she said to teela about resenting all the years she spent serving skeletors needs instead of her own , shes up to something now I think

Yeah I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if she turns again but I think she is just going to do what's best for herself if that means helping the heroes or betraying Skeletor.

Yeah I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if she turns again but I think she is just going to do what's best for herself if that means helping the heroes or betraying Skeletor.
    Ooh , could go .... Evil Lynne as sorceress .... Teela as power weilder .... Andra as man at arm's.... Adam as king if randor dies .... I'm staying off the forums for part 2 if that's the case

Evil-Lyn cares about one person above all others: Evil-Lyn.

She has always got an ace in her sleeve...

I'm more interested in what Scareglow meant when he said he knew the name Skeletor...?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Ooh , could go .... Evil Lynne as sorceress .... Teela as power weilder .... Andra as man at arm's.... Adam as king if randor dies .... I'm staying off the forums for part 2 if that's the case

I don't think that would be at all popular...also I would really hope Mattel would not be on for those ideas.

I don't think that would be at all popular...also I would really hope Mattel would not be on for those ideas.
    The dark horse comic made a huuuuuge point of randor saying to Adam That a king can't be a warrior and a warrior can't rule eternia , I really don't think" king he man" is on the cards . And if the changes that the new cgi cartoon is making is any indication , don't believe that anything you knew is sacred

I was actually saying to my bro today , if revelation had been released AFTER the cgi show , it might have been a lot better received , fans would have raged against the cgi redesigns and changes , eventually placated themselves with the " it's just for kids anyway " line of thinking , then seen revelation as MORE faithful to what they wanted ? Maybe not , just a thought

Sent from my AGS2-L09 using Tapatalk

The dark horse comic made a huuuuuge point of randor saying to Adam That a king can't be a warrior and a warrior can't rule eternia , I really don't think" king he man" is on the cards . And if the changes that the new cgi cartoon is making is any indication , don't believe that anything you knew is sacred

I was actually saying to my bro today , if revelation had been released AFTER the cgi show , it might have been a lot better received , fans would have raged against the cgi redesigns and changes , eventually placated themselves with the " it's just for kids anyway " line of thinking , then seen revelation as MORE faithful to what they wanted ? Maybe not , just a thought

I am quite excited about the CGI show. It will be interesting to see a new take on the characters and story.

I am quite excited about the CGI show. It will be interesting to see a new take on the characters and story.
    I'm happy there's something new for my 6 year old that isn't " dads Motu " , but anyone offended by teelas haircut is gonna have a LOT to say about the new show by the sounds of it .

Heroic Warrior

Why would fans rage on a show that's been very clear to be a different take?

Maybe that's why they released it in two parts. People will bash the cgi show and then gush over Part 2 when it comes out
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Battledog View Post
    There was quite a bit of fan rage about She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, and that WAS very clear about being a different take...
    Don't think, that'll only confuse you.

You tell me , I don't get why anyone would get so wound up about anything they're not into . I'm not a 2pac fan so I don't talk about 2pac . I don't love every Beatles album so I just play the album's I love .

It depends on what Youtube tells them it is. Doesn't it?
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Becasue some fans just want the same thing over and over and over again.

Much like all the hate for Rise of the TMNT.

For another example I would say the Transformers community has a long history of not liking changes that have occurred Season 2 of G1 beyond.

Edit: Actually since we are talking about "new takes" Beast Wars beyond. RID 2001 at the latest
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dina M View Post
    There was quite a bit of fan rage about She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, and that WAS very clear about being a different take...
    Not liking something is not fan rage.

Not liking something is not hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    For another example I would say the Transformers community has a long history of not liking changes that have occurred Season 2 of G1 beyond.
    Season 1 was 16 episodes. This is the first time ever I'm hearing people only like the first 16 episodes only.
    Last edited by Battledog; July 29, 2021 at 06:17pm.

I'll admit, Rise took a little while to find it's footing, but I really ended up enjoying it.

- - - Updated - - -

You obviously haven't read (or watched) some of the reactions to SPOP... if you think the unnecessary attacks on Kevin Smith and Revelation as a whole are bad, whew, SPOP social media reactions will make you sick.

I am seeing a similar pattern develop here with Revelation, unfortunately.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Haven't read the new DH comic, will just wait for the trade. That's what I do nowadays, wait for the trade.

But if Adam becomes King, he can change that rule. He'd be king & wariior just like King Grayskull was both King & Warrior. There is precedence.
    The 2002 Greyskull had a thing with his era's sorceress so this new King Warrior Adam will have one with Sorceress Teela.

True. But SPOP got fan rage. Lots and lots of it.
    Don't think, that'll only confuse you.

Heroic Warrior
    Not liking something is one thing.
    Not liking the people involved for not only the choices they made in the show but their personal choices in life is another.