Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Episode 5 Talkback Thread *SPOILERS*

I came in expecting to hate this, but I enjoyed it for the most part. Maybe it was because I set such a low bar. I'm still processing, but I love what they did with Adam, Cringer and Orko. They have way more character. Roboto is one of my favorites, so I wasn't too happy about his demise. Am I the only one who has hope that Orko and Roboto may not be finished.?

I think my opinion will all depend on how they wrap this up. I still think He-man/Adam need to rise up. I'm hoping the second half has waaaay more Skeletor and He-man. If this just becomes a Teela replacing He-man epic, I'll be sorely disappointed.

Heroic Warrior
    Jack's gonna love this Skeletor, he has far more in common with the New Adventures version than anyone else.

And...god, they did it, that line callback to the Lungren movie was perfect.

Nice to see Teela so concerned over Adam even after all the years of hurt. He doesn't look like he's perished, so she'll probably tend to him over the next few episodes and they'll bond that way.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    That cliffhanger is gonna kill me, though. I need a release date for part two, because I need to know what happens next.
    Right? I haven't even watched it yet, but I know most of what happens and in my head I'm like, "That gap is gonna be murder."

I know it's probably impossible, but it would be great if Part 2 could be moved up a little bit due to fan demand. Like even December would be acceptable.

"Adam's Dead, see ya next year kids!" is just, like, ridiculous.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Right? I haven't even watched it yet, but I know most of what happens and in my head I'm like, "That gap is gonna be murder."

I know it's probably impossible, but it would be great if Part 2 could be moved up a little bit due to fan demand. Like even December would be acceptable.

"Adam's Dead, see ya next year kids!" is just, like, ridiculous.
    Totally agree. It is going to seem like forever waiting for the second part to come.

So that was Wun Dar in preternia right? or someone else?

Great show! I don't think Adam is dead I think he is seriously wounded though. The Sorcerous was getting her powers back and could heal him and it looks like magic will be returning to Eternia.

I do think there will be a way to restore Orko and any other fallen characters somehow. I also think that in the second part more main characters will die for shock factor like Man-at-Arms only to be brought back somehow.

I think it is possible that the other He-Mans in Preternia may cross back to help battle God Skeletor.

Liked the show, but again felt it was more of a continuation of the 200x show rather than the 80s show.

I am still lost on a few things though with how things were handled. In the first episode more "Masters" like Stratos, Ram Man, and such should have been present at the battle to save Grayskull and also should have been at the Castle. It would have hit harder more to see them mourn He-Man.

Oh and Beastman looked like he had been hanging out with some Uruk Hai from LotR or was that just me?

Umm where is Zodac while all this is happening?? He is a cosmic enforcer after all and could intervene somehow, considering magic was disappearing and the universe was in danger.

Great show though looking forward to part 2. I would like to see the Horde fight He-Ro and Grayskull in another season.

Happy with Teelas story arc, though at first had concerns.

Fav characters, Evil Lyn, Roboto, and Teela.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlor View Post
    So that was Wun Dar in preternia right? or someone else?

Great show! I don't think Adam is dead I think he is seriously wounded though. The Sorcerous was getting her powers back and could heal him and it looks like magic will be returning to Eternia.

I do think there will be a way to restore Orko and any other fallen characters somehow. I also think that in the second part more main characters will die for shock factor like Man-at-Arms only to be brought back somehow.

I think it is possible that the other He-Mans in Preternia may cross back to help battle God Skeletor.

Liked the show, but again felt it was more of a continuation of the 200x show rather than the 80s show.

I am still lost on a few things though with how things were handled. In the first episode more "Masters" like Stratos, Ram Man, and such should have been present at the battle to save Grayskull and also should have been at the Castle. It would have hit harder more to see them mourn He-Man.

Oh and Beastman looked like he had been hanging out with some Uruk Hai from LotR or was that just me?

Umm where is Zodac while all this is happening?? He is a cosmic enforcer after all and could intervene somehow, considering magic was disappearing and the universe was in danger.

Great show though looking forward to part 2. I would like to see the Horde fight He-Ro and Grayskull in another season.

Happy with Teelas story arc, though at first had concerns.

Fav characters, Evil Lyn, Roboto, and Teela.
    That was him, yea. That was cute.
    Also the hoverboards from the 87 movie making appearance kinda ruled. Wild to just see He-Ro and Eternia playset animated, kind of distracted me from anything actually happening.

I think mostly that it was fine, very much miss seeing all the cool characters I love dearly but maybe it's the best as I don't need to see another dummy Ram Man or him dying and such.
    I also wondered where Zodac would be for all this, doesn't seem like much Cosmic balance

Oh and something else that just struck me odd, are we suppose to assume that She-Ra doesn't exist in this continuity. When Adam split the sword of power and they mentioned that the entire Universe would lose magic... what happened to She-Ra on Etheria? Would she not have felt her twin brother die?

She-Ra also had a power sword, and it also was magical.

Strange to leave her out now that I think on it.

It almost should have been Teela and Adora as the two trying to unite the swords back.

I think we're just supposed to accept that in this "continuation of the classic series", She-Ra and everything along with her never happened or existed. For legal reasons.

It's disappointing, but I honestly expected as much. It is what it is; to me (and a ton of people) she's super-important to the mythos, but if they legally can't include her in this series there's not much anyone can do.

Just one more thing that will - regrettably - keep me from being completely in love with this storyline no matter how well-executed it is. But hey, you can't have everything. That's life.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I think we're just supposed to accept that in this "continuation of the classic series", She-Ra and everything along with her never happened or existed. For legal reasons.

It's disappointing, but I honestly expected as much. It is what it is; to me (and a ton of people) she's super-important to the mythos, but if they legally can't include her in this series there's not much anyone can do.

Just one more thing that will - regrettably - keep me from being completely in love with this storyline no matter how well-executed it is. But hey, you can't have everything. That's life.
    I see it as a continuation of 200X or an alternate universe where the big battle happened before Adam found Adora.

I'm ok with an Optimus Prime type death for He-Man where he comes back. I love Transformers: The Movie, but if Optimus never came back in season 3, I think that would take away from my enjoyment of it some. I'm also a big Orko fan, so I'd like to see him back as well. He should at least with the He-Men and Moss Man in "heaven".

It seems like the Horde history is following more 200X than Filmation.

Overall, I would have changed some things, but I like the series so far.

Heroic Warrior
    Another great episode. Looking back the last 2 episodes really saved this series for me.
    Loved this concept of preternia. I was expecting a time travel element so this heaven thing instead was a welcome surprise - much prefer this angle to time travel.
    Thank god we got another minute of mossman.
    What a fantastic characterisation of Adam. And what a brilliant idea to 'resurrect' him - they basically made him the greatest of the sword wielders because he was the only one willing to give up eternal paradise. If only teela was written half as good.
    Robot's death was touching but felt unneeded. Too soon after Orkos.
    I thought the sorceress was going to turn out to be Skeletor (which is why Evil Lynn was working with her.) May have been a cooler concept than what actually happened. But then again the fakeouts are already a bit much in this show.
    Glad the EL and beastman went back to being baddies.

Mixed feelings overall. Show definitely picked up in the later half.

I did not see that ending coming. Even though I should have.

But I loved it to pieces. The only real problem for me was, that it felt for me too short! I guess that's the problem with a limited series.

Now I have to wait!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I wasn't crazy about Skeletor being able to use the Power Sword to power himself up. I thought he would bypass the sword and use the Orb of Power or something.

He-Ro was...disappointing. I was hoping that the most powerful Wizard in the universe would be able to help forge the Power Sword with his considerable magic might. But we got nothing.

Hey...for all the fuss over Andra and King Grayskull, we still got a new brand character. See, it wasn't that hard.

Evil-Lyn and Beast Man decided to jump onto the winning team. I wish we got some insight as to why Beast Man became Evil-Lyn's protector. Beast Man never turned good, he was merely protecting Lyn.

I don't think Adam is dead, just hurt really bad.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) Azdar Belzar Chazdar 200X Evil-Lyn 200X Teenage Prince Adam 200X Teenage Teela 200X Sorceress General Rattlor (MYP) 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena Ice Armor He-Man WMD Roboto

Fifth and final episode... for now! My thoughts:

- So Adam and Moss Man have been hanging out in Preternia-slash-Heaven? Okay, I may have to revise some earlier theories. Still, not quite buying that Orko's gone, even with the memorial they're giving him here.
    - Roboto calling Teela "sister" was kind of sweet.
    - Ah, goody, it's He-Ro. Well, this series turned me around on Tri-Klops and didn't make me detest Scareglow, so maybe He-Ro won't bore me to sleep either.
    - So Preternia is kind of like Valhalla, except with hunting instead of fighting. Got it.
    . Okay. King Grayskull riding a green dinosaur is pretty awesome.
    - Bit of a shame to re-forge the Sword of Power... I still think the two halves look much cooler than the original sword. Still, needs must and all that. Could we upgrade the looks a little when it's reforged, maybe?
    - Teela's back to being unreasonable and jerkish, I see. "How dare you DIE and not let me be angry with you!" That's Teela, all right.
    - Well, at least Moss Man gets a little more screentime here. I knew we hadn't seen the last of him, that death was much too quick. I just didn't think we'd see him chilling in the afterlife with Adam.
    - Epic forging sceeeeeeene!!
    - Noooooo! What a tragedy! The Sword of Power looks exactly the same as before! ...oh, and Roboto died. Unlike Orko, though. I think this death is going to stick. There is a body, for one thing.
    - As death scenes go, this wasn't bad. He accomplised something great and gave his life, and reached the conclusion of a small character arc while doing it. I know others have probably made this joke, but... Domo arigato, Mister Roboto.
    - And we are back in Eternia, with Adam! ...the tech-cult's vehichles are the first truly BAD examples of CGI in this show so far. Well, the catapult from ep 1 wasn't great either, but here it's just jarring.
    - Cringer and Adam reunite! You know cats don't actually make slurping sounds when licking people, right? Eh, never mind.
    - Something's going to go wrong. We've only got a few minutes left of the episode, and this is only the half-season finale.
    - Oh, was Cult Leader Tri-Klops there? I didn't see him.
    - Yep, something went wrong. Though I wasn't expecting THAT. Honestly, it would have been a bit of an anticlimax if it hadn't been so perfectly SKELETOR. Of course he had planned for this.
    - Seriously. Skeletor is back for one minute and he's totally stealing the show. This is all I wanted. It's SKELETOR in his Disney villain glory. Boasting and dramatic and snarky and arrogant and SO DARN FUN... but still a major threat.

And that's the end of the fifth episode, and the end of the first half-season. I LIKE IT!!! That was an EPIC cliffhanger, and it was SKELETOR exactly as I always wanted him! Bit of a buffoon on the surface, and then he turns around and it turns out he was playing you the whole time! Even though he spent most of these eps off-screen, Skeletor made the most of his screentime! It's nice to remember once in a while why I was drawn to this franchise to begin with... because it was Skeletor who drew me in, and what do you know, now Skeletor has me hyped for the next five eps!
    Don't think, that'll only confuse you.

I like Teela's story so far, but I still hate her hair. I just wish someone would blurt it out already and tell her she's the daughter o the Sorceress. Its like..ugh, how many times are we gonna try this?

I'm fine with Okro's death. I never liked him as a kid, or even now. That being said I am sure he won't stay dead.

One issue I did have was that it felt like this was a super long commercial to see how many of our toys we could jam-pack into 5 episodes.

I loved the voice actress for Evil-Lyn. I'm not sure who did it, but damn, it was good. Her delivery was awesome.

Do we know when the next episodes are coming?
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

I can now understand why Adam was killed twice, and it's a set up for what happens in part 2.

I really enjoyed the conversation between Orko and Evil-Lyn. I am hoping in a future episode Evil-Lyn remembers that and it causes her to change. Orko was a hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I like Teela's story so far, but I still hate her hair. I just wish someone would blurt it out already and tell her she's the daughter o the Sorceress. Its like..ugh, how many times are we gonna try this?

I'm fine with Okro's death. I never liked him as a kid, or even now. That being said I am sure he won't stay dead.

One issue I did have was that it felt like this was a super long commercial to see how many of our toys we could jam-pack into 5 episodes.

I loved the voice actress for Evil-Lyn. I'm not sure who did it, but damn, it was good. Her delivery was awesome.

Do we know when the next episodes are coming?
    Lena Headey played her. She was born to be an evil queen for sure lol

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dina M View Post
    - Teela's back to being unreasonable and jerkish, I see. "How dare you DIE and not let me be angry with you!" That's Teela, all right!
    That was pretty sad, but we saw it foreshadowed when she mentioned he was 'no different' than the 'pack of liars' (which somehow included a King who didn't know anything), but at least in the end (both prior to and after the stabbing) we got this trope:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...oLoveEachOther

Heroic Warrior
    Is Adam even dead? We never actually saw him die lmao. Pretty gnarly wound, but I feel like the tension will be whether or not he recovers from his injuries since you know, he can't go back.

And again, they're treating Orko like he's super dead for real, but it's too early of a death for such an important character. Especially since they now brought in the trollan lore about them making the sword and the proposed theory that Orko may very well be the last one left, if that happens to be true. Just leaving that entire subsection of lore just hanging there would be a huge waste of potential, and I don't really see how they could do it WELL without somehow bringing Orko back.

Kinda want him to just show up sipping a baja blast like "hey guys, sorry it took so long, it took almost a week to make sure Scareglow couldn't escape super-mega-hell. What'd I miss?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    That was pretty sad, but we saw it foreshadowed when she mentioned he was 'no different' than the 'pack of liars' (which somehow included a King who didn't know anything), but at least in the end (both prior to and after the stabbing) we got this trope:

I've waited FOREVER to see a Sorceress Teela and King He-Man. Make it happen! I actually thought the 200X cartoon was going to go in this direction but it never got there...if it was going there...
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

Well, keep in mind that I was introduced to Teela by the MYP cartoon. To me, this is EXACTLY what Teela would do. She holds grudges, she blames everyone but herself, and she can be a bit of a hypocrite. She's got a heart; she doesn't REALLY wish harm on anyone... but the moment anyone causes her the least bit of harm or worry, even accidental, or even just that she THINKS they've caused her harm or worry... she's going to be miffed about it for AGES; even when not confrontational she's passive-aggressive as all get-out. So when I watched this show I was all "yep, Teela's perfectly in character here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    And again, they're treating Orko like he's super dead for real, but it's too early of a death for such an important character. Especially since they now brought in the trollan lore about them making the sword and the proposed theory that Orko may very well be the last one left, if that happens to be true. Just leaving that entire subsection of lore just hanging there would be a huge waste of potential, and I don't really see how they could do it WELL without somehow bringing Orko back.

Kinda want him to just show up sipping a baja blast like "hey guys, sorry it took so long, it took almost a week to make sure Scareglow couldn't escape super-mega-hell. What'd I miss?"
    That'd be awesome. And funny. And I agree with you, I don't think he's dead.

Heroic Warrior
    Well, keep in mind that I was introduced to Teela by the MYP cartoon
    Funny, I saw all of MYP and I never got that from Teela...mind you, I did read the MYP comics, which treated her with a bit more empathy and brought her crush on Adam to the forefront

Heroic Warrior
    Well, keep in mind that I was introduced to Teela by the MYP cartoon. To me, this is EXACTLY what Teela would do. She holds grudges, she blames everyone but herself, and she can be a bit of a hypocrite. She's got a heart; she doesn't REALLY wish harm on anyone... but the moment anyone causes her the least bit of harm or worry, even accidental, or even just that she THINKS they've caused her harm or worry... she's going to be miffed about it for AGES; even when not confrontational she's passive-aggressive as all get-out. So when I watched this show I was all "yep, Teela's perfectly in character here!"

That'd be awesome. And funny. And I agree with you, I don't think he's dead.
    I think he got sent back to king grayskull's timeline. and became The Oracle.

Funny, I saw all of MYP and I never got that from Teela...mind you, I did read the MYP comics, which treated her with a bit more empathy and brought her crush on Adam to the forefront
    ...oh? When did they do that? I can't remember that at all from the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootRULES View Post
    I think he got sent back to king grayskull's timeline. and became The Oracle.
    You know, that could be it. Or at least he might in some form come back as "Oracle." That would have made his and Evil-Lyn's conversation very foreshadowy.

Heroic Warrior
    ...oh? When did they do that? I can't remember that at all from the comics.
    The comics didn't touch on it that much, and before they could flesh it out, the show stopped and so did they, let's just say she didn't like a lot of the attention Adam was giving a 'wounded' Evil-Lyn

They also had a really touching conversation about their childhoods that I fleshed out in a fanfic