Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 418

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Episode 5 Talkback Thread *SPOILERS*

  1. #51
    Heroic Warrior Dina M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    The comics didn't touch on it that much, and before they could flesh it out, the show stopped and so did they, let's just say she didn't like a lot of the attention Adam was giving a 'wounded' Evil-Lyn

    They also had a really touching conversation about their childhoods that I fleshed out in a fanfic
    Ooooh, the "wounded Evil-Lyn" storyline. I... kinda stopped reading the comic at that point, to be honest. It was starting to feel too much like a fanfiction, and not the kind of fanfiction I'm interested in reading.
    Don't think, that'll only confuse you.

  2. #52
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    7,079
    I love how they have put in lines from the 87 movie!
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

  3. #53
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,585
    Really loved seeing Preternia and the previous champions of Grayskull. Hopefully we'll see them again in the 2nd half of episodes. Adam getting stabbed by Skeletor was typical Skeletor and well done. I don't think Adam is dead, just hurt badly. Loved callbacks to the 80's movie. Great cliffhanger with Skeletor as the master of the universe, going to be hard to wait for the 2nd half!

  4. #54
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    836
    Quote Originally Posted by Dina M View Post
    Ooooh, the "wounded Evil-Lyn" storyline. I... kinda stopped reading the comic at that point, to be honest. It was starting to feel too much like a fanfiction, and not the kind of fanfiction I'm interested in reading.
    Tee hee, well there wasn't much more to go after that, I don't think it had a conclusion

  5. #55
    Heroic Warrior Dina M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Tee hee, well there wasn't much more to go after that, I don't think it had a conclusion
    I did read the last issue because it was an Orko issue. And that issue was probably the best of the MYP comics too... not just cause it starred Orko, but it was better paced and had more of an emotional punch than most of the other issues. So at least they went out on a high note.
    Don't think, that'll only confuse you.

  6. #56
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    264
    You know, with how much Orko was treated like he had some sort of terminal illness, I really was expecting him to die from using too much magic. I figured he'd deal with Scareglow just fine and then while everyone's like "Yay, you did it Orko! Woo!" he just collapses and dies because he overdid it. That's what it appeared to be setting up. But instead, he just sends both himself and Scareglow to superhell a la basically what the climax of Kung Fu Panda 3 was. I figured that "dies in generic magical explosion while taking them both out" was a valid option but with how it was being set up in the show itself I really thought it was going to be my other theory.

    Also, I completely neglected to mention Roboto. Poor sap got overshadowed between Orko being vaporized and Adam being skewered. Still thought it was a better scene in that Roboto was just in general a better character to kill off permanently. I do feel like everyone was a bit too sad, but that's more like, an issue in that we should have gotten more casual interactions between them.

  7. #57
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    836
    Overall, I think this episode dealt with Teela and Adam's issues in a relatively healthy way, to the point where we won't get the same kind of interactions with them going forward into volume two.

    The clue was definitely in King Grayskull's speech, there's a part of Teela that wants Adam to come with them, but the King's comments make her doubt Adam would ever want to give it up, and makes her dread that he could.

    She's angry at Adam's secret, we see that in the forest earlier in the day and right after he explains the wild hunt to her, it's all sweetness and teamwork...the scene in the evening is her trying to bring it up as a defensive measure, but Adam suspects it's a lot more than that. Teela is torn between wanting him to leave Preternia with her and wanting to keep him where he is so he doesn't have to bear witness to the catastrophe on Eternia.

    As Cringer puts it in episode two, Teela knows Adam's heart, and he would do everything to try and mend others', that's what she was afraid of having to deal with, she was'nt angry at him by that point, she was angry at the situation. When Adam does agree to return, she is ecstatic, she feels she finally got her way and there's a clear path to a happy ending, she opens up more again, to the point she embraces Duncan when they reunite at Grayskull

    And even when Adam is gravely wounded by Skeletor, Teela's fortitude finally melts and she fully embraces being that faithful friend again, perhaps more.

    Her arc here does her more justice than the preceding first four episodes ever do, they are closer in tone to the Filmation Teela, and it gives me hope we'll see more familiarity with Teela going forward.

  8. #58
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Overall, I think this episode dealt with Teela and Adam's issues in a relatively healthy way, to the point where we won't get the same kind of interactions with them going forward into volume two.

    The clue was definitely in King Grayskull's speech, there's a part of Teela that wants Adam to come with them, but the King's comments make her doubt Adam would ever want to give it up, and makes her dread that he could.

    She's angry at Adam's secret, we see that in the forest earlier in the day and right after he explains the wild hunt to her, it's all sweetness and teamwork...the scene in the evening is her trying to bring it up as a defensive measure, but Adam suspects it's a lot more than that. Teela is torn between wanting him to leave Preternia with her and wanting to keep him where he is so he doesn't have to bear witness to the catastrophe on Eternia.

    As Cringer puts it in episode two, Teela knows Adam's heart, and he would do everything to try and mend others', that's what she was afraid of having to deal with, she was'nt angry at him by that point, she was angry at the situation. When Adam does agree to return, she is ecstatic, she feels she finally got her way and there's a clear path to a happy ending, she opens up more again, to the point she embraces Duncan when they reunite at Grayskull

    And even when Adam is gravely wounded by Skeletor, Teela's fortitude finally melts and she fully embraces being that faithful friend again, perhaps more.

    Her arc here does her more justice than the preceding first four episodes ever do, they are closer in tone to the Filmation Teela, and it gives me hope we'll see more familiarity with Teela going forward.
    What you wrote is extremely insightful, and I'm seeing stuff on twitter like "The 80's series had more character development" and I have to just, sigh...

  9. #59
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    836
    Quote Originally Posted by benvoliothefirst View Post
    What you wrote is extremely insightful, and I'm seeing stuff on twitter like "The 80's series had more character development" and I have to just, sigh...
    Without what character development there was in the old show, you definitely would not have so many cribs for this one.

    But thanks for the compliment, it's my own little interpretation of scenes, being a writer and a fan it's nice to flex my creative analysis muscle. Someone else might disagree and have their own idea

  10. #60
    Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    7,718
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootRULES View Post
    I think he got sent back to king grayskull's timeline. and became The Oracle.
    When the Oracle was introduced in "The Power of Grayskull," I theorized that he was a time-displaced Orko, who is aging in reverse like Merlin, because everything on Eternia is backwards for Trollans.

  11. #61
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    When the Oracle was introduced in "The Power of Grayskull," I theorized that he was a time-displaced Orko, who is aging in reverse like Merlin, because everything on Eternia is backwards for Trollans.
    I heard that was going happen if MYP continued.

    I could imagine them trying to find the Oracle to find out how to stop Skelegod and it turns out, it's an older Orko.

  12. #62
    Mer-Man Repaint Stinkor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    746
    At this point, I hope Kevin Smith has the courage to completely subvert our expectations and have Skelegod win at the end of the series.

  13. #63
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    264
    Wait, so is no one going to tell Duncan what happened to Orko and Roboto? This feels like something that should be addressed ON-SCREEN and I don't think it would be very nice of Teela and co to just force him to assume the worst. Like dude, he basically kept Orko alive this entire time and was the one who CREATED Roboto so why are they just pretending it's not important enough to discuss?

  14. #64
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    10,265
    I felt way more saddened at Roboto's death than Mossman or (supposedly) Orko's...

    That one hit me in the feelings.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  15. #65
    Heroic Warrior Reviews2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Fright zone
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I felt way more saddened at Roboto's death than Mossman or (supposedly) Orko's...

    That one hit me in the feelings.
    I felt the same way along that might be due to preparation for Revelations. I have been watching Flimation episodes every once in awhile for this show and the last one I watched was Happy Birthday Roboto.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

  16. #66
    Heroic Warrior King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    6,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor's Lackey View Post
    Nice cliffhanger of an ending. I think all of the "dead" characters aren't so dead, but I guess we will have to wait for Part 2, whenever that comes along.
    Yeah. I assume all the dead characters will be back.

    Orko just really disappeared w scare glow
    Moss man is a plant and can regrow aka groot.
    Roboto can be rebuilt.
    cogito ergo doleo

  17. #67
    Mistress of the Whip! Divia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    20,318
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Yeah. I assume all the dead characters will be back.

    Orko just really disappeared w scare glow
    Moss man is a plant and can regrow aka groot.
    Roboto can be rebuilt.
    People getting their knickers in a knot of these "deaths" need to chill. When have we ever seen someone in Motu truly die?
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

    Smile like you mean it.

  18. #68
    Heroic Warrior Reviews2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Fright zone
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    People getting their knickers in a knot of these "deaths" need to chill. When have we ever seen someone in Motu truly die?
    Didn't the Mighty Spector die? I think a better question will be when has a major character died in MOTU?
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

  19. #69
    Mistress of the Whip! Divia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    20,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    Didn't the Mighty Spector die? I think a better question will be when has a major character died in MOTU?
    I don't even remember who the Might Spector is

    I don't think a major character will die. If one does it should be A. Sorceress B. Duncan.
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

    Smile like you mean it.

  20. #70
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Yeah. I assume all the dead characters will be back.

    Orko just really disappeared w scare glow
    Moss man is a plant and can regrow aka groot.
    Roboto can be rebuilt.
    Mossman is in he-man heaven. If he comes back to life he lost his spot there.

  21. #71
    Co-Creator of the NV
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,209
    Didn't they also leave Roboto's remaining parts in Preternia?

    I love how Kevin Smith starts the after show by mentioning that they killed He-Man twice, haha

    Although I don't think that Adam died again. But I do think that he might have lost a kidney and maybe his appendix.

  22. #72
    Heroic Warrior Asher Tye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,670
    Yeah, didn't think Skeletor was gone for good. If anyone can survive getting atomized, it's him. Was kinda disappointed with Evil-Lyn just going back to what she has admitted was a bad relationship, but it either feels like something similar to Zuko betraying Iroh in Ba-Sing-Se, or she's going to betray him for her own gain. One thing for sure, Tri-Klops, Trapjaw, and Whiplash better have some good explanations ready when Skelly comes back home.


    Preternia is interesting. Grayskull essentially gave Adam the same speech Charlie got from Angela in All Dogs Go To Heaven. It makes sense though. You're only supposed to get a reward once.

    Hopefully part two will see Randor get involved again. Still reserving overall judgement, but I am curious enough to see part two when it comes out.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Battledog View Post
    Mossman is in he-man heaven. If he comes back to life he lost his spot there.
    Seems kinda weird to me. You'd think a plant elemental like Moss Man would have been able to survive simply being set on fire.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

  23. #73
    Heroic Warrior Reviews2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Fright zone
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Yeah, didn't think Skeletor was gone for good. If anyone can survive getting atomized, it's him. Was kinda disappointed with Evil-Lyn just going back to what she has admitted was a bad relationship, but it either feels like something similar to Zuko betraying Iroh in Ba-Sing-Se, or she's going to betray him for her own gain. One thing for sure, Tri-Klops, Trapjaw, and Whiplash better have some good explanations ready when Skelly comes back home.


    Preternia is interesting. Grayskull essentially gave Adam the same speech Charlie got from Angela in All Dogs Go To Heaven. It makes sense though. You're only supposed to get a reward once.

    Hopefully part two will see Randor get involved again. Still reserving overall judgement, but I am curious enough to see part two when it comes out.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Seems kinda weird to me. You'd think a plant elemental like Moss Man would have been able to survive simply being set on fire.
    I guess the real question is why no just tried lilting him sooner.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

  24. #74
    Heroic Warrior Feezle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    143
    Who even goes to Subternia? Bad people? Non-Champions and non-Mossmen?

  25. #75
    Court Magician 80slady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Dina M View Post
    Well, keep in mind that I was introduced to Teela by the MYP cartoon. To me, this is EXACTLY what Teela would do. She holds grudges, she blames everyone but herself, and she can be a bit of a hypocrite. She's got a heart; she doesn't REALLY wish harm on anyone... but the moment anyone causes her the least bit of harm or worry, even accidental, or even just that she THINKS they've caused her harm or worry... she's going to be miffed about it for AGES; even when not confrontational she's passive-aggressive as all get-out. So when I watched this show I was all "yep, Teela's perfectly in character here!"


    That'd be awesome. And funny. And I agree with you, I don't think he's dead.
    God, finally someone who isn't remembering Teela with rose colored glasses. MYP Teela was awful, and had I been Adam, I would have been plotting to have her thrown in the dungeon as soon as I became King.

    This version is a nice mix of the unreasonable temper of MYP Teela (that nobody minded, because they liked the eyecandy lol) and the Filmation Teela that actually cared about her friends (but still had a temper.) She was miles better than the 2012-2013 comics with blonde Teela, who was less likable than any character in the MOTU has ever been, but nobody complained because she was falling out of her clothes all the time.

    Anyway, I can't take the "this isn't like Teela at all!!!" seriously because

    1. LOL, yes it is! She is exactly like this.
    2. It's called stages of grief. She's grieving her friend, who lied to her, and she is furious. Being furious and unable to let go of that is a perfectly normal thing.
    3. Especially when you are as prone to anger as the character of Teela has literally always been.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •