Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Episode 5 Talkback Thread *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by 80slady View Post
    God, finally someone who isn't remembering Teela with rose colored glasses. MYP Teela was awful, and had I been Adam, I would have been plotting to have her thrown in the dungeon as soon as I became King.

This version is a nice mix of the unreasonable temper of MYP Teela (that nobody minded, because they liked the eyecandy lol) and the Filmation Teela that actually cared about her friends (but still had a temper.) She was miles better than the 2012-2013 comics with blonde Teela, who was less likable than any character in the MOTU has ever been, but nobody complained because she was falling out of her clothes all the time.

Anyway, I can't take the "this isn't like Teela at all!!!" seriously because

1. LOL, yes it is! She is exactly like this.
    2. It's called stages of grief. She's grieving her friend, who lied to her, and she is furious. Being furious and unable to let go of that is a perfectly normal thing.
    3. Especially when you are as prone to anger as the character of Teela has literally always been.
    When legitimate, enjoyment-breaking critiques cannot be found, people will start grasping at straws...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Yeah. I assume all the dead characters will be back.

Orko just really disappeared w scare glow
    Moss man is a plant and can regrow aka groot.
    Roboto can be rebuilt.
    Agreed. So far, all of the "deaths" can be reversed or are fake outs.

Moss Man might actually be dead since he's in Preternia. Maybe he left behind a "new" Moss Man like Groot. The original guy is dead, but there is a new Moss Man growing in his place.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    When legitimate, enjoyment-breaking critiques cannot be found, people will start grasping at straws...
    I wouldn't say this critique is necessarily grasping at straws. Especially since the people review bombing it rather saw "Kevin Smith lied it's the Teela show" at least the out of character seem to be coming from people who actually watched the show.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

I actually liked this episode more than I thought I would. Loved seeing Wundar and especially He-Ro! I literally gasped when I saw how beautiful He-Ro's armor looked. The colors in this series were on point! It was weird seeing race swapped King Grayskull, but he looked great and had a decent presence. I laughed because they are all just chilling in a retirement community for ex He-Men....Fantasy Island for dead He-Men!

I really enjoyed Orko's "sacrifice" and he was kind of a beast toward the end. He and Scareglow are definitely just teleported somewhere. I refuse to believe Orko is dead just like that.

Skeletor saying He-Man's signature phrase is believable if he is indeed King Randor's brother. Maybe the power is only in their familial line? Would have loved to see some more stuff about Skeletor and the Gar race. There is so much story and character arcs to explore with MOTU, I wish they had more time. I just needed more, and I feel like we didn't get enough character development for 90% the male characters.

BTW, I cannot stand this version of Teela. She used to be one of my favorite characters, so I will just remember her as she was and not this ugly, ***** up, Point Dread version.

Why did Adam choose to remain as Adam in Preternia? Was it due to his resentment of having to keep his identity a secret?

Was a nice touch having Adam being in his Adam form in Preternia. And weird that they referred to it as his lesser form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feezle View Post
    Why did Adam choose to remain as Adam in Preternia? Was it due to his resentment of having to keep his identity a secret?
    I think it has to do with how he sometimes saw himself and his own self worth. Adam not feeling worthy of the power and not really seeing himself as "the hero" probably fits in with how Randor was disappointed in him (though the original series did have an episode dedicated to why this wasn't actually so).
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Was a nice touch having Adam being in his Adam form in Preternia. And weird that they referred to it as his lesser form.
    Funny name but the others seemed to chose their powered up forms instead
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Feezle View Post
    This was the whole point of the relationship between Teela and Adam... she always knew the REAL Adam. He considered himself to be Adam first, and He-Man second.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Co-Creator of the NV
    Overall I really enjoyed the show. Some general thoughts:

It's interesting that Adam chose his smaller body for Preternia. I think we'll hear more about that later on.

Would have preferred to have kept King Grayskull in his original form, but with He-Ro getting the race swap instead.

I'm glad that the great hunt was just a case. The idea of them killing an animal for sport bothered me. Pleased to see the respect that KG had for the animal.

I want to see Panthor in the later episodes. I'd also like to find out that the Sorceress laid the Teela egg in her human form and that the news greatly shocked her gynecologist.

Not sure why Preternia isn't getting screwed by the loss of magic. I figure that eventually it should reach there.

Roboto was quite comical - had a nice Data vibe.

Cringer talking and also licking Adam's face is.. a bit weird

Kind of a burn for Evil Lyn when Skeletor said that his face made it so no woman would want him as a man.

Heroic Warrior
    God, finally someone who isn't remembering Teela with rose colored glasses. MYP Teela was awful, and had I been Adam, I would have been plotting to have her thrown in the dungeon as soon as I became King.

This version is a nice mix of the unreasonable temper of MYP Teela (that nobody minded, because they liked the eyecandy lol) and the Filmation Teela that actually cared about her friends (but still had a temper.) She was miles better than the 2012-2013 comics with blonde Teela, who was less likable than any character in the MOTU has ever been, but nobody complained because she was falling out of her clothes all the time.

Anyway, I can't take the "this isn't like Teela at all!!!" seriously because

1. LOL, yes it is! She is exactly like this.
    2. It's called stages of grief. She's grieving her friend, who lied to her, and she is furious. Being furious and unable to let go of that is a perfectly normal thing.
    3. Especially when you are as prone to anger as the character of Teela has literally always been.
    Pretty much everyone hated the 2012-13 comic teela.
    Teela is a character who is easy to get wrong. MYP teela wasn't the greatest either.
    But this teela was awful, especially the episode 2 one. There is nothing her character had in the past which would turn her into a cash for jobs heartless cow imho.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This was the whole point of the relationship between Teela and Adam... she always knew the REAL Adam. He considered himself to be Adam first, and He-Man second.
    It also illustrates that the Power of Grayskull is a cypher that reveals how each weilder views himself. Skeletor sees himself as a god, but He-Man sees himself as Adam. That makes him unique among them, because he does not see his original form as lesser. He understands, just as Teela learned from Scareglow, that in order to weild true power, you have to be willing to relinquish it. It is likely the one thing the other weilders were not willing to do, including Skeletor, and I think it is what will eventually lead to his downfall.

Kevin Smith said there was going to be something reminiscent of superman to? What was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    It also illustrates that the Power of Grayskull is a cypher that reveals how each weilder views himself. Skeletor sees himself as a god, but He-Man sees himself as Adam. That makes him unique among them, because he does not see his original form as lesser. He understands, just as Teela learned from Scareglow, that in order to weild true power, you have to be willing to relinquish it. It is likely the one thing the other weilders were not willing to do, including Skeletor, and I think it is what will eventually lead to his downfall.
    It's pretty much built into his character, even the versions who are convinced Adam being chosen to wield the power is a slight against them. Skeletor doesn't see himself as anything without the power, so he's unwilling to use it properly.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

I watched it again, and I will just say this.

It sure is weird how Teela's justified anger, mixed with her hurt, is making people go off, even though anger has always been part of her characterization. And even though she pauses in her anger plenty of times to show empathy, love and compassion. She is literally the same character she's always been, with the same range of emotions.

Meanwhile, King Randor is a full on giant failure of a petty man, who lashes out in anger, threatens to EXCECUTE his long-time best friend, sends ORKO AWAY WHILE HE IS DYING, and in general, doesn't care about anyone.

But nobody is complaining about that.

Duncan also gets completely absorbed in his anger/grief/self pity. Buuuut that's okay I guess.

But Teela, no. she can't be angry, even though it's literally always been part of her characterization.

Last edited by 80slady; July 24, 2021 at 12:05am.

Loving the show so far, was shocked finally seeing blood on a MOTU show... oh, and Adam is clearly not dead. You stab people in the heart in cartoons when they are dead, not the kidney.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I think we're just supposed to accept that in this "continuation of the classic series", She-Ra and everything along with her never happened or existed. For legal reasons.
    Revelation is a mess like that. It's "a continuation of the classic cartoon", except She-Ra can't exist? So is it a continuation of the 200X cartoon? No, because it uses a slight variation on the Filmation Sorceress design and that universe had a white King Grayskull.

Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    Revelation is a mess like that. It's "a continuation of the classic cartoon", except She-Ra can't exist? So is it a continuation of the 200X cartoon? No, because it uses a slight variation on the Filmation Sorceress design and that universe had a white King Grayskull.
    I don't think this show in any way means She-Ra doesn't exist of the Filmation POP show. You can simply imagine this is set after the last POP episode.

200X was a reboot so not in this continuity at all.

What Revelation does do though, is replace New Adventures in continuity. That show was in canon right after Filmation for the most part... but even there we saw huge character redesigns (Teela for example)

Also I have no issue with King Grayskull being black in this "spiritual continuation" I think it helped set him apart from the other past heroes there.,, and if it really bothers people, then Grayskull says in the episode that they can choose their form in Pre-Ternia... so maybe he just wanted to be black in that form.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    This version is a nice mix of the unreasonable temper of MYP Teela (that nobody minded, because they liked the eyecandy lol)
    wasn't MYP Teela like fourteen?

I'm Chris Han-Sor with Dateline Eternia. Why don't you take a seat over there.

Heroic Warrior

It sure is weird how Teela's justified anger, mixed with her hurt, is making people go off, even though anger has always been part of her characterization. And even though she pauses in her anger plenty of times to show empathy, love and compassion. She is literally the same character she's always been, with the same range of emotions.

Meanwhile, King Randor is a full on giant failure of a petty man, who lashes out in anger, threatens to EXCECUTE his long-time best friend, sends ORKO AWAY WHILE HE IS DYING, and in general, doesn't care about anyone.

Duncan also gets completely absorbed in his anger/grief/self pity. Buuuut that's okay I guess.

But Teela, no. she can't be angry, even though it's literally always been part of her characterization.

I could imagine one of the characters telling off Randor, provided he hasn't let go of his grudge. Hell how about a fight scene between him and Duncan?

Heroic Warrior

Have you actually read the threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrskeletor View Post
    Have you actually read the threads?
    I have. Lots of complaints going about. in any case I agree. I commented on Teela being unreasonable and jerkish in my thoughts on the show, but I never said I thought this was bad writing or bad handling of tbe character. Like I said, felt perfectly in character for her... and YES, this Teela is ten times better than the unlikable harpy who called herself Teela from those DC comics.
    Don't think, that'll only confuse you.

I just finished episode 5.

This show is amazing in my eyes, I love it. I thought the art and animation style were fantastic, the story line I really enjoyed, the designs of the characters were great and I actually really like Teelas new look.

It was great to see so many Easter Eggs in this show including the Enternia play set in animation, The characters we had never seen in animation before, the start of the show with original artwork from back in the day, I just really loved how everything came together from all different MOTU lines.

I don't think Adam will die again after being stabbed by Skeletor, but whoa what a shock that was and very unexpected.

Also in episode one with Randor getting very angry, I actually can understand his actions because he just was told his son is He-Man and he is dead. What a shock to his system and usually anger is one of the first parts or grieving. Also to find out that Marlena and Duncan kept such a big secret from him would have been another reason he was so angry and in shock and acted the way he did.

Just like Teela I can understand her being angry, her best friend just died and when he died she found out about this huge secret he kept from her for many years as well as others keeping it from her. It would have hurt and it would have made her question everything but on top of that she was grieving her best friend and was angry and in shock.

How did Marlena find out tho? I know it was always hinted at but I would have liked to know more of that story.

Also now that all the bad guys know Adam is He-Man, I'm sure that is going to cause some trouble. I would prefer they somehow forget his is He-Man later on as I like the secret identity part.

Still wish and hope She-Ra will be included in this sometime soon. How can she be left out of this awesome show? She needs to be included and if there are issues with the rights well Mattel should hurry up and sort it out soon. It sucked She-Ra missed out on being introduced in He-Man 200X and it would really suck if she was left out of this amazing show. I'd also love for Hordak to appear to, this show could just get better and better.
    Xena Warrior Princess & She-Ra Fan from Down Under

Do we know when part 2 will be out? Surely it is finished. Other than ratings, I can't see why we couldn't have had all parts released at once.

Please remind me why Moss Man got to be in Preternia? I can't recall if it was because he was a God or something? It just seemed out of place to have him there considering the rules of who got to go there.

And I agree now that I think on it, who goes to Subternia? Bad He-Mans ? cause everyone else apparently just dies.

So it's been awhile since I have watched the classic 80s stuff, but couldn't the Sorceress send someone back in time and just get another power sword. Maybe that will happen still.

Orko could have been all like.. lets try to contact some other Trollans about this situation since they made the original sword. You think the Trollans would have had a contingency plan in place for something like this happening.

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattlor View Post
    Do we know when part 2 will be out? Surely it is finished. Other than ratings, I can't see why we couldn't have had all parts released at once.
    All 10 episodes were finished before the first one even aired on Netflix.

Seemingly based on one article, "Part two" of the season 1 latter five episodes
    will come around January/February of 2022.

Please remind me why Moss Man got to be in Preternia? I can't recall if it was because he was a God or something?
    The idea of Moss Man existing in ancient Eternian times stems from "Classics" 2008-2019 story.
    The modern DC Comics (2012-2016) also picked it up as a story element that he's been around for long time.

Moss Man was not an ancient being in MYP show, or Filmation.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

6 month wait is gonna be absolute MURDER.

I think Moss Man telling Adam "You MIGHT not ever be able to return (to Preternia)" - versus Grayskull telling him flat-out "You WILL never be able to return" - will end up being significant somehow. Especially with Moss Man's little "But what do I know?" bit. He's way older than Grayskull, he'd ostensibly know things Grayskull wouldn't know. There very well might be a way for Adam to return to "paradise" one day after all.

I'unno just one of the things that jumped out at me, who knows if it'll mean anything but it might.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA