Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Episode 5 Talkback Thread *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by tnktrk View Post
    For letting her best friend/potential suitor to die, keeping Adam's secret from her, keeping Teela's true heritage a secret, feeling he failed her as a father.
    Yes, I can buy that.
    Me too. Disappointing your children is a painful thing.
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Co-Creator of the NV
    I think that the men came off extremely well

The biggest ass kicker in the show is Man At Arms

He-Man sacrificed himself in a completely selfless and brave attempt to save his world

Orko, for once in his life, was not a totally incompetent **** up and sacrificed himself in an amazing attempt to save his friends

Roboto, also had an amazing and selfless sacrifice

If anything, the male heroes in this show are exceptionally strong and competent, but perhaps a touch suicidal..

On the villain side, Skeletor has been made out to be a smart and dangerous adversary (admittedly that's out of character for a show that's a sequel to Filmation motu wherein Skeletor was an incompetent bumbling oaf), and Beastman might very well be the first best single fighter behind He-Man and MAA.

So all in all, the men aren't emasculated in the slightest. If anything, I think that women should complain for turning Evil Lyn into a lovesick loser (although everything before the end of Ep 5 with her was amazing).

Edit- saw that earlier I wrote "male men" instead of "male heroes".. derp
    Last edited by Darth Latveria; July 24, 2021 at 10:23pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Need some help. Or reassurance. - just finished episode 5 and Prince Adam “dies” by skeletors sword. Now. If the next 5 episodes are not going to include Prince Adam. I think me and my son are going to be pretty freaking disappointed.

I have no clue how anyone thinks they can sell He-Man toys if they kill off Prince Adam.

So:
    1. Will the Sorcererses will save Prince Adam from dying?

2. Wil they try to get Prince Adam back from death in another way?

I mean. Do I even watch the rest of this series if there is no more He-Man??

I’m Fuking depressed

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Zukny View Post
    Need some help. Or reassurance. - just finished episode 5 and Prince Adam “dies” by skeletors sword. Now. If the next 5 episodes are not going to include Prince Adam. I think me and my son are going to be pretty freaking disappointed.

I have no clue how anyone thinks they can sell He-Man toys if they kill off Prince Adam.

So:

I don't think that anyone can tell you with certainty what will happen.

But I also think that Adam is probably not dead and that he'll probably be healed somehow.. perhaps his injury is what reunites Teela and MAA with the King and Queen, etc.

So chin up, before you know it He-Man will be back to using that big sword as a tennis racket

Heroic Warrior

So:

IÂ’m Fuking depressed
    They'll do a Back to the Future shtick and everybody will be okay.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    So does everyone think Netflix paid money to bomb a series and lose money?

I mean seriously, does anyone really believe Adam/ He-man is done?
    We know he-man comes back. But he wont get much screentime.
    We have seen 50% of the show. There are only 10 episodes. To suddenly switch to he-man makes no sense from a narritive POV. This is 'teelas' series. For the narrative to work she has to beat the final challenge.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post

If anything, the male men in this show are exceptionally strong and competent, but perhaps a touch suicidal..
    Something in the air...
    The food maybe...
    Maybe the absence of magic start affecting people.
    When your soaked in magic all your life, not having it might turn them...off?

Magic junkies...

Court Magician Skeletor's Lackey's Avatar
    I'm a little confused as to why Adam was still Adam when he went for the "I have the power" line. He usually changed after "By the power of Grayskull" bit, from what I remember.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor's Lackey View Post
    I'm a little confused as to why Adam was still Adam when he went for the "I have the power" line. He usually changed after "By the power of Grayskull" bit, from what I remember.
    Performance anxiety because he'd never done it in front of Teela. Plus he was rusty and out of practice

So:

I’m Fuking depressed

They could always pop over to Third Earth and borrow Mumm-Ra's sarcophagus again.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    They could always pop over to Third Earth and borrow Mumm-Ra's sarcophagus again.
    I would absolutely die for a Thunder Cats being tied into the show!

As someone else said this is “teela’s” series. I don’t think it needs to remain “her” series. That’s kind of like saying you don’t have faith in your own main character and sidelined him on purpose. So for me I was truly hoping the rest of this series he came back and they all split time together more.

I am def hoping for a stratos & Ram Man episode!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Despite that, he also got sidelined and was begging Teela on his knees for forgiveness.

- - - Updated - - -

Every male member of Teela's party gets self-sacrificed (Orko and Roboto) or sidelined (Man-At-Arms), except for Beast Man. And Beast Man is only there to protect Evil-Lyn. Nothing happens to Teela, Andra or Evil-Lyn though.
    This is really disappointing to read.

I am glad that James Cameron's Aliens came out long before social media ruined so much of the entertainment industry... because guess what? Every single macho marine man was killed, sacrificed, or really hurt. Oh, but nothing happened to Ripley or Newt.

And, really? Duncan isn't allowed to be remorseful and ask for forgiveness from his adopted daughter... after everything she has experienced?

Is being an actual human being and showing feelings not tough enough?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by oansun View Post
    Also the hoverboards from the 87 movie making appearance kinda ruled.
    The scanners Teela and Andra were using in the second episode were straight out of the movie...except the fins didn't rotate.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This is really disappointing to read.

I am glad that James Cameron's Aliens came out long before social media ruined so much of the entertainment industry... because guess what? Every single macho marine man was killed, sacrificed, or really hurt. Oh, but nothing happened to Ripley or Newt.

And, really? Duncan isn't allowed to be remorseful and ask for forgiveness from his adopted daughter... after everything she has experienced?

Is being an actual human being and showing feelings not tough enough?
    Vasquez was one of those marines killed. So was the woman dropship pilot. Cameron didn't discriminate. Hicks and Bishop also survived along with Ripley and Newt.

And does Duncan have to get on his knees to reconcile with his daughter?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 25, 2021 at 10:20am.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Vasquez was one of those marines killed.

And does Duncan have to get on his knees to reconcile with his daughter?
    Does he? I dunno - it's not like he bumped into Teela after years of not seeing her, asked her for forgiveness and was rebuffed.

He chose to get on his knees to show how remorseful he was. Might not have been necessary, but that's the route he chose. It wasn't forced on him by Teela.

Maybe they will use the cosmic key to go back in time before all this happened? 😁

Heroic Warrior
    I would like to know if Kevin Smith knew that Netflix would divide the show into two parts. Noelle Stevenson said she didn't know that Netflix would split season 2 of SPOP because if she did, she would have written it a bit differently for narrative purposes. Hopefully Power-Con can get Kevin and some of the other Revelation crew to attend and perhaps answer these questions. And also tease a bit of part 2.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    I would like to know if Kevin Smith knew that Netflix would divide the show into two parts. Noelle Stevenson said she didn't know that Netflix would split season 2 of SPOP because if she did, she would have written it a bit differently for narrative purposes. Hopefully Power-Con can get Kevin and some of the other Revelation crew to attend and perhaps answer these questions. And also tease a bit of part 2.
    It's written as a cliffhanger, so I'd guess yes.
    NFShe-ra season 2 on the other hand ended on a weird episode and didn't tell a cohesive season arc, so you can easily tell it wasn't intended and season 2 & 3 are really one 13 episode season.

Quote Originally Posted by Baba1983 View Post
    I kinda like that scene. Don't you think good riddance to that particular Adam in the multiverse? The strong DC comics Adam, he was funny with the girls on his side. Maybe they will recall a different Adam in the multiverse. This Adam is lazy, It's not that hard to do a few push ups .
    Yes, it is. Pushups SUUUUUUUUCK.
    Don't think, that'll only confuse you.

Adam is probably not dead. But with the power sword in Skeletor´s hands He-Man won´t come back soon.
    Notice how Ep 1 and Ep 5 comes in full circle. He-Man stabs Skeletor and Skeletor dies. Then Skeletor stabs Adam and He-Man dies. Skeletor comes back in Ep5, so I guess Adam is not dead but He-Man for sure without his sword of power.

Widget
    I don't need He-Man coming back soon as long as Adam is around getting his character arc and interacting with the other characters. I didn't like him being killed in ep 1 because it wasted all the potential of him dealing with losing his powers and everyone knowing. The quest to get the sword back would have been better if Teela and Adam had to work together despite their now rocky relationship. Is there some MOTU comic with a plot like this?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayal92 View Post
    The quest to get the sword back would have been better if Teela and Adam had to work together despite their now rocky relationship
    Agreed. The original pitch seemed to suggest that direction. As it stands, Teela and Adam had a whole episode dealing with how 'rocky' they are and things appeared to settle a bit towards the end. I'm hoping the next five sees Teela pick Adam up when he's feeling at his lowest mentally and gets him into shape

And yes, there's some comics I think where Teela ends up knowing Adam's He-Man but there's still some tension

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    God forbid we expect a MOTU show to feature strong male characters, instead of sidelining them just for the sake of making a female character feel more important.
    This nonsense about "sidelining male characters" is ridiculous.

I care about good characters... I have no interest what gender they are at all. If the character is good then I am pulled into the story... it's not a competition between the sexes, and if people feel threatened because a girl got more line sin a cartoon then I feel sorry for them.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    if people feel threatened because a girl got more line sin a cartoon then I feel sorry for them.
    That isn't the issue, and we can't go into why because it's meant more for the tar swamp, but it's obvious those who do not see the problem are doomed to be part of it, and will never be willing to listen

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    This nonsense about "sidelining male characters" is ridiculous.

I care about good characters... I have no interest what gender they are at all. If the character is good then I am pulled into the story... it's not a competition between the sexes, and if people feel threatened because a girl got more line sin a cartoon then I feel sorry for them.
    The only ones feeling threatened are the people who seem to be okay with taking away the strong male characters from this property. Asking for strong male characters in a Masters of the Universe show is not the same as saying "get rid of the female characters." If that's how you are interpreting this, then that's on you.

And yes, the male characters were sidelined. If it was the other way around with female characters getting sidelined, we wouldn't here the end of it, and you know it.