Thread: MOTU characters you're indifferent to?

MOTU characters you're indifferent to?

Any MOTU characters yall are indifferent to? Any continuity and why you feel that way. Don't love, don't hate just meh. I will need some more time to consider this myself.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think so.

I think with all the characters I'm either interested in or not really all that interested in.

With Classics Bow and Thunder Punch He-Man I warmed up to those figures. Bow because he wasn't on that Ken buck. Makes me wonder what he would have looked like in vintage form. And as for Thunder Punch just seemed more interesting when I had him in hand.

Didn't have Meckaneck as a kid but always found him interesting.

Hmmmm.... actually, that's a pretty long list, which includes pretty much all the characters from New Adventures of He-Man, and all of the Preeternia characters including He-Ro. They all just bore me. Maybe I'm just not very interested in the far past or the far future of Eternia but prefer to focus on the present... actually, that can't be it, I liked the King Grayskull episode of the MYP cartoon. Oh well.

But if I'm to list specific characters and character groups... mm...

• I don't particularly care about the Snake Men. I don't hate them or anything, I just... don't care about them. My reaction to seeing them is basically "oh, okay."
    • Scareglow and Faker, Couldn't care less about either of them. Maybe because I never cared about duplicares of main heroes or main villains, and... well, Faker is an evil He-Man lookalike and Scareglow's entire deal is that he resembles Skeletor. Not particularly interesting,
    • Stratos. I know, he's one of the original heroic warriors and has a big fan base, but... does he even have a personality? I mean, the only thing I can say about him is that he can fly and that he sounds like Sean Connery in the MYP series.
    • Ninjor. Who even is this guy?
    Don't think, that'll only confuse you.

I guess most of the She-Ra supporting cast. I have nothing against them, but since I didn't have any of their toys as a kid I have less emotional investment in them. Compared to "regular" MOTU, where I love pretty much everyone.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Dina M View Post
    Stratos. I know, he's one of the original heroic warriors and has a big fan base, but... does he even have a personality? I mean, the only thing I can say about him is that he can fly and that he sounds like Sean Connery in the MYP series.
    Stratos sprung to mind for me too. Even when episodes were about him - like Betrayal of Stratos, or Reign of the Monster, he just seemed really innocuously dull. His MYP action figure is pretty cool though, I'll give him that.

Otherwise, it's a lot of the characters from the end of the line for me - Blast-Attak, Rio Blast, Clamp Champ, Extendar, Dragstor, etc. I never had their figures and didn't even know they existed until recently. So I know nothing about them, hence indifference.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

I'm never indifferent about anything, I either love it all totally or I don't like it at all.

I love MOTU and POP.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    Stratos sprung to mind for me too. Even when episodes were about him - like Betrayal of Stratos, or Reign of the Monster, he just seemed really innocuously dull. His MYP action figure is pretty cool though, I'll give him that.

Otherwise, it's a lot of the characters from the end of the line for me - Blast-Attak, Rio Blast, Clamp Champ, Extendar, Dragstor, etc. I never had their figures and didn't even know they existed until recently. So I know nothing about them, hence indifference.
    The issue with Stratos is his overwhelmingly grey colour scheme. It's just not fun or dynamic looking for a toy. The Filmation figure is an improvement due to the red boots breaking up all that boring grey.

Fisto, Spikor, & Sy-Klone are some that immediately came to mind for me. At the very least, they look visually striking. Other than that, they're quite unmemorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    The issue with Stratos is his overwhelmingly grey colour scheme. It's just not fun or dynamic looking for a toy. The Filmation figure is an improvement due to the red boots breaking up all that boring grey.
    I don't mind his design, I just... have no idea what his personality is supposed to be. At least Buzz-Off got a personality in the MYP cartoon as a hotheaded. prideful warrior type who wasn't really a very nice guy but had a code of honour. Stratos was just... I don't know. I can't think of a single thing to say about him other than that he sounds vaguely like Sean Connery.
    Don't think, that'll only confuse you.

I'll add to the people that say stratos is underwhelming as a figure , I've had these characters going on different adventures in my head for so long though that it's hard to pick who I dislike because the characters the comics and cartoons gave me are just a " jumping off " point to me , and those I did find boring I've made more interesting in my own mind . For example I never liked faker , then during the classics era I had a story where he becomes more self aware , sees Duncan as an absent father , roboto as duncans" favourite son " , and teela as a sister who he always ends up protecting or seeking approval from ... Revelation came close to some of my head canon with the roboto/teela angle but anyway , I'm waffling ... 3 underwhelming characters from each series for me would be

Filmation/ ram man , stratos , randor
    Pop/ bow ,kowl , mermista
    NA/ flogg , mara , hydron
    200x /evil seed , Mekaneck , merman
    Netflix she ra / catra , razz, lighthope
    Revelation /Duncan ,trapjaw, and cringer

Sent from my AGS2-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by davelove81; July 25, 2021 at 03:09pm.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Mostly anything POP not related to The Horde (with the exception of She-Ra herself, Bow and Kowl).

I saw Multibot, Mara, Evilseed (200X) and Dragstor available for years at some online stores and frankly they're all easy pass for me.

Also Filmation Clawful, Chopper and trollans.

Honorable mention is Filmation Evilseed. As much as I wanted to like this figure (because I like the character) its execution looks just meh for me.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Zodak , He was the talking guy sitting in a flying chair in the toons . Dunno why Mattel made mr average an evil warrior toy .

Ram Man looks more scary, Snake Armor Teela could be the sorceress of snake mountain and Skeletors second girlfriend .

I probably have a lot... but most are probably near the end of the original line, original PoP (I didn't care for the cut & paste color swapped Barbies), from the movie (pretty much everything sucked except Saurod... and he looked like he was stolen from Star Wars), and from New Adventures (pretty much everything sucked except Mara).

The Meteorbs - They were just dumb/cheap attempts at Transformers. The Rock Men at least looked cool, had personality, and fit in with the other toys.
    Rotar and Twistoid - They were pretty much just spinning tops. Meh.
    Blade - Just a bald guy with some swords. Not visually interesting or creative.
    Clamp Champ and Ninjor - A football player looking dude and a basic ninja. Nothing creative, just taking cliched ideas from other media and throwing them here without much of a creative twist.
    Blast Attak, Dragstor, & Multi-bot - Just meh from top to bottom. And they all looked so similar.
    Extendar - I guess he was supposed to be the new Mekaneck? Just more uninteresting looking.
    Gwildor - The the less interesting Orko ripoff.
    Megator and Tytus - They both were big, but that seemed like their only gimmick. Both designs were uninteresting to me.
    Rio Blast - At least he was semi-creative in his action features. He's borderline between meh and s'right.
    Snake Face and Squeeze - As much as I love the Snake Men in general, somehow these didn't connect with me as much as the others
    Spikor - He should be cool as a human porcupine/man in the iron mask... but they didn't push his design enough for me.
    Stratos, Zodac, Mekaneck, and Whiplash - All just meh and would fade into the background... Zodac is the worst of them (although 200X Zodak is one of my favorite characters).
    Castle Grayskullman - I get the concept and all, but... SMH
    Count Marzo - Just a lame bland sorcerer guy (although he was awesome in 200X)
    Cy-Chop & Dylamug - What? Why?
    Fearless Photog, Sir Laser-Lot, and Mighty Spector - I like the real life fan creation backstory, but the characters themselves... meh
    Tweeterhead Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lasher, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Preternia for sure. Letís face it: Eterina play set was just weird.

New Adventures