Thread: Races in MOTU Relations

Heroic Warrior

Races in MOTU Relations

I just spotted a Pelleezean. So like, if you can identify any of the races, feel free to post them here.

Co-Creator of the NV
    I saw a bunch of Humans

"MOTU Relations"

Sounds like a How-To Manual for Randor and Marlena's wedding night.

No, but seriously, there is a typo in your thread title.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I saw a bunch of Humans
    This is wrong. There is only one human, one half human half eternian, and a bunch of eternians.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Battledog View Post
    This is wrong. There is only one human, one half human half eternian, and a bunch of eternians.
    Excellent point- I stand corrected

And on Mobius, they're called "Overlanders".

Useless "Sonic The Hedgehog Trivia Fact" #546
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

good point, the ridiculous construct of race is an Earth thing and wouldn't really apply in the fantasy world of Eternia. They just have a bunch of different species. This is the part where everyone says why are they all speaking English because you can never win in these discussions lol

Quote Originally Posted by Original Man View Post
    good point, the ridiculous construct of race is an Earth thing and wouldn't really apply in the fantasy world of Eternia. They just have a bunch of different species. This is the part where everyone says why are they all speaking English because you can never win in these discussions lol
    They are not really speaking English, it's just been translated for us to understand. I bet in other countries than may hear their own tongue.

Wait... we're still humans but, also Earthlings...

Wouldn't these characters be "human" or, at least humanoid and still be Eternians?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

There's a little pink dude in the first episode that's actually from one of the annuals , give me 2 minutes to dig it out and I'll update this post with more details

Edit , his name's amberis
    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    Last edited by davelove81; July 23, 2021 at 05:06pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    There's a little pink dude in the first episode that's actually from one of the annuals , give me 2 minutes to dig it out and I'll update this post with more details

Edit , his name's amberis
    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...5c21b5fbfc.jpg
    I spotted these guys in the episode too. Knew exactly where they were from. One of my favourite annual stories as a kid

Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    I spotted these guys in the episode too. Knew exactly where they were from. One of my favourite annual stories as a kid
    I'll admit I struggled a bit at first , I kept thinking they were villagers from Netflix she ra then it hit me

Sent from my AGS2-L09 using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Wait... we're still humans but, also Earthlings...

Wouldn't these characters be "human" or, at least humanoid and still be Eternians?
    They are definitely humanoid because they look human but we don't know how close they are to humans. Humans and eternians can have kids so there are some things that are similar enough but we need more info to make an exact definition.

They are definitely humanoid because they look human but we don't know how close they are to humans. Humans and eternians can have kids so there are some things that are similar enough but we need more info to make an exact definition.
    And the offspring of hybrids can have kids, which is not generally true of hybrids on earth. So I think we’re all “close enough”.
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    I just spotted a Pelleezean. So like, if you can identify any of the races, feel free to post them here.
    As far as I know, some of them are completely new, like the dog people.
    It looked like Kittrina's or Carnivus's people have all moved into Eternos city.
    There was also a 200X Kulatak in the palace.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    there were Dinoreps with the red eyes.
    Dinoreps
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Since Marlena and Randor were able to interbreed naturally, and their offspring are fertile, that means they are of one and the same species. So what you call “eternians” are actually “humans on Eternia”, rather than some different, alien species.

There are many potential alternatives to explain how humans arrived on Eternia that I can think of. And at least one of them is official canon in one version of the multi-motuverse. (Plus I also have my own take on this in my fanon Motu5040 version.)

The alternative revealing that (the ancestors of) Eternian humans (and not just Marlena) were NASA astronauts from Earth, was actually going to feature in the ʼ87 movie (it appears in its draft version). And even though the final version discarded explicitly showing this, one still needs to account for the fact that the Eternians are able to communicate just fine with the American earthlings using one same language (English), which implicitly reveals that Eternia was colonized from Earth by an expedition composed of, or at least lead by, Americans. Plus the comic book adaptation (published Nov. 1987 by Star Comics) did explicitly include this planned plot twist (therefore making it officially-published movie canon), when after He-Man and Skeletorʼs final battle Man-At-Arms emerges from the depths of Castle Grayskull carrying a US flag and a NASA flag reading “Starfinder 5 – July 10, 2221”. The plot holes of tricky spacetimeline interconnections twisted by time travel, and of the unaccounted effects of natural language evolution (have a look at Justin B. Ryeʼs Futurese for a taste of what might become of American English several centuries into the future), are left open, though; but thatʼll be another story for another day.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

*deleted because I missed a part of the poster's argument*
    Last edited by Nikolaidas; August 13, 2021 at 02:16am.

Heroic Warrior
    That's one thing I did really like, actually. In the Royal Palace scene at the start, there was a whole array of races. I particularly liked the bigger looking Odiphus guy.