Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Masters of the Universe: Revelation enters the Netflix Top 10! | Chart Run Thread

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by tnktrk View Post
    So kids took a shine to this new He-Man? That's pretty cool.
    Does anyone know how OG He-Man and She-Ra did when they were on Netflix?
    They were on Netflix? I don't think I ever noticed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    They were on Netflix? I don't think I ever noticed them.
    They were a few years ago.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

I'm relatively confident it'll get a second season. It charted very well in dozens of countries for an animated show, and generated a ton of online buzz for the brand (no such thing as bad publicity!). Also, with Mattel investing heavily into MOTU, they'll want to keep momentum going rather than have a flash in the pan on their hands.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I'm relatively confident it'll get a second season. It charted very well in dozens of countries for an animated show, and generated a ton of online buzz for the brand (no such thing as bad publicity!). Also, with Mattel investing heavily into MOTU, they'll want to keep momentum going rather than have a flash in the pan on their hands.
    I'm hopeful but not entirely, I think Netflix really dropped the ball by not releasing all 10 episodes in one go, I think they will wait to see what the reaction of part 2 will be before they greenlight any new seasons.

We still have the HM & T MOTU kids show coming later so we still have some form of MOTU coming.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

I'd love to see more. It sounds like Smith and Co. have some ideas planned if they get the go-ahead, and I want to spend as much time in this version of MOTU as possible!

I'm also looking forward even more to the fresh take this younger-skewed He-Man show will bring. The scuttlebutt I've read about it being similar in some respects to Trollhunters has me and my kiddo intrigued!
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube (GIVEAWAY in Progress!): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

We, as humans, were never designed or intended to take in as much social information as we do today. Up until the invention of the "horseless carriage", the social circle of one individual was incredibly small compared to today.

Even the telephone didn't expand it much more, but boy did the Internet. Now, in your very pocket, you carry the ills and worries of the world. Go Fund Me tragedies, FB updates from 500+ "friends", up-to-the second verbal vomit from Twitter, Change.org petitions, 24 hrs news cycles for every country in the world, endless polarized politics... The list goes on and on.

We simply weren't design to take on that much social angst. It's ridiculous and I totally blame social media for a lot of our social ills.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    As someone who grew up during the beginning of smartphone adoption, it definitely got worse as time went on. I was part of the last generation in which pretty much nobody had smart phones in elementary school, but once I hit middle school and people started getting phones, things went to ****. And when my friend's brother was in elementary school, it was pretty bad there too.

Sometimes I wonder if the mass adoption of smartphones was a mistake. I mean, it's not a black and white issue, but idk, sometimes I feel the good outweighs the bad.
    I have a really bad feeling about the whole metaverse concept catching on. Like, I'm a big VR Chat junkie (I've put around six hundred hours into it and have been using it everyday since I got my bf a headset so we can spend time together), and even though that's a really niche thing, there are already warning signs. I mean, I've seen people drink until they pass out, people contemplating suicide, and people saying the most vile **** to each other on VR Chat, and I can only imagine things will be worse once metaverse services become the next big thing.

Heroic Warrior
    I still believe Netflix are waiting to announce a season 2 once Part 2 is finished because of the cliffhanger ending of Part 1. Announcing another season now would be tantamount to them saying, "Don't worry, Adam is fine, Skeletor loses and everything is perfect". I think (and hope!) that we'll get at least one more season. I could be wrong, but hasn't Revelation performed better than a lot of animated shows that got multiple seasons?
    Last edited by Krueger; August 1, 2021 at 11:43am.

Just to show how difficult is for animated shows break into top 10s from Netflix ,the new Transformers WFC Kingdom series ,released on 29th ,couldn't get it in any of them.

By the way Revelation is in the top ten from the Most Popular Titles in Movie Databases.
    https://flixpatrol.com/popular/tv-sh...db/2021-08-01/
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; August 1, 2021 at 05:43pm.

I want more too.... BUT how long would it take to roll out a series of cartoons? It took like 18 months for these 10 episodes. If/ when Mattel looses rights to MOTU in2023 in another year and a half. That doesn't leave alot of time to capitalize on this . Unless universal is just chomping at the bit to get their hands on this MOTU money.

Looking on Netflix right now, for the Top 10 Kids list in the US for today: Transformers: WFC Kingdom is #3, Trollhunters: Rise of the Titans # 5, and MOTU Revelation has fallen out. For comparable shows/movies, I'd say it has done better than Transformers' 3rd Netflix installment, but worse than Trollhunters: Rise of the Titans.

Kevin Smith has already gone out of his way to spoil stuff, so I don't think plot lines will cause any delay in season 2 announcements. Technically, they don't need He-Man or Skeletor to do a season 2, although it would be kind of crazy to do it without the former.

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    I want more too.... BUT how long would it take to roll out a series of cartoons? It took like 18 months for these 10 episodes. If/ when Mattel looses rights to MOTU in2023 in another year and a half. That doesn't leave alot of time to capitalize on this . Unless universal is just chomping at the bit to get their hands on this MOTU money.
    Mattel isn't going to lose rights in 2023. This idea has been disproven although KS already has plans for a another season and there is probably more going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'd say it has done better than Transformers' 3rd Netflix installment, but worse than Trollhunters: Rise of the Titans.
    Granted but Trollhunters ROTT is a movie ,a cgi one, I like to compare it with animated shows .

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I still believe Netflix are waiting to announce a season 2 once Part 2 is finished because of the cliffhanger ending of Part 1. Announcing another season now would be tantamount to them saying, "Don't worry, Adam is fine, Skeletor loses and everything is perfect". I think (and hope!) that we'll get at least one more season. I could be wrong, but hasn't Revelation performed better than a lot of animated shows that got multiple seasons?
    That's just it. Look at SPOP - it didn't come close to Revelations numbers yet got 4 seasons in the end. WFC is what, on its 3rd season?

That's just it. Look at SPOP - it didn't come close to Revelations numbers yet got 4 seasons in the end. WFC is what, on its 3rd season?
    SPOP was a series order so it would have got it's 4/5 seasons anyway. Kingdom is the 3rd chapter of WFC and it was always meant to be a trilogy to correspond with the toy line(Also Hasbro has done this before with the Prime Wars trilogy), although this time the ending is teasing more.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    By the way Revelation is in the top ten from the Most Popular Titles in Movie Databases.
    https://flixpatrol.com/popular/tv-sh...db/2021-08-01/
    Internet Movie Database updated their popularity chart just a couple of hours ago. MOTUR powers to #1 (+14 spots)!

motur1internetmoviedatabase.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

--------------------

MOTU:R is #8 on Parrot Analytics' "Digital originals only" chart for the week of July 24 - 30, 2021. Parrot Analytics is a content demand analytics company that provides insights using their own specialized weighted metrics.

"The most startling movement this week came from a rather unexpected source, a new Netflix show. Masters of the Universe: Revelation premiered on July 23 and since then the show moved from its position (at number 71) all the way up to be the eighth most in-demand digital original show this week. The He-Man series now has 27.4 times the demand of the average series, which is an impressive 165% increase in demand. The show sees the beloved character return to the screen years after the last He-man cartoon which ran in the early 2000’s. Given the demand the show has exhibited since its launch, it’s clear that the franchise still has many fans. It will be interesting to see if the show is here to stay in the Top 10s or if it’s a temporary occurrence given the hot debates surrounding the show."

https://www.parrotanalytics.com/insi...-30-july-2021/

Video explaining how PA measure demand.

https://www.parrotanalytics.com/measurement/

moturparrotana1.jpg
    Last edited by Tallstar; August 3, 2021 at 09:14am.

Masters of the Universe: Revelation enters the Netflix Top 10! | Chart Run Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I grew up in a house full of people screaming and hitting each other. "Arguing". He-Man and MOTU was one of the things that gave me sanctuary from all of that.
    Same. That’s why this one hurt so much. He-Man/MOTU has always been my refuge. I'll just focus on Origins, I guess.
    Last edited by Hamato Yoshi; August 3, 2021 at 10:39am.

Heroic Warrior
    Got ejected out of the Top 10 in the US by Hunter X Hunter.

This supports my theory that if animation hits the top 10, it’s Japanese 9 times out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Internet Movie Database updated their popularity chart just a couple of hours ago. MOTUR powers to #1 (+14 spots)!

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...4&d=1627896176

- - - Updated - - -

--------------------

MOTU:R is #8 on Parrot Analytics' "Digital originals only" chart for the week of July 24 - 30, 2021. Parrot Analytics is a content demand analytics company that provides insights using their own specialized weighted metrics.

"The most startling movement this week came from a rather unexpected source, a new Netflix show. Masters of the Universe: Revelation premiered on July 23 and since then the show moved from its position (at number 71) all the way up to be the eighth most in-demand digital original show this week. The He-Man series now has 27.4 times the demand of the average series, which is an impressive 165% increase in demand. The show sees the beloved character return to the screen years after the last He-man cartoon which ran in the early 2000ís. Given the demand the show has exhibited since its launch, itís clear that the franchise still has many fans. It will be interesting to see if the show is here to stay in the Top 10s or if itís a temporary occurrence given the hot debates surrounding the show."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZMs-H0MrEg

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...9&d=1627990165

moturparrotana1.jpg
    Thanks for posting this!!

So much data to pore over!

We've come a long way since the days of the Nielsen TV ratings...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...4&d=1627896176

- - - Updated - - -

--------------------

"The most startling movement this week came from a rather unexpected source, a new Netflix show. Masters of the Universe: Revelation premiered on July 23 and since then the show moved from its position (at number 71) all the way up to be the eighth most in-demand digital original show this week. The He-Man series now has 27.4 times the demand of the average series, which is an impressive 165% increase in demand. The show sees the beloved character return to the screen years after the last He-man cartoon which ran in the early 2000ís. Given the demand the show has exhibited since its launch, itís clear that the franchise still has many fans. It will be interesting to see if the show is here to stay in the Top 10s or if itís a temporary occurrence given the hot debates surrounding the show."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZMs-H0MrEg

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...9&d=1627990165

moturparrotana1.jpg
    Oh ****, I forgot about Titans

The next update to the IMDb popularity chart is coming soon. (Usually late Sunday evening or early Monday morning ET) I'm hoping the series will be in the Top 10 or Top 20 when that happens. Being #1 this past week has given MOTU:R some nice visibility. It's important because there are people out there who will give a series, movie, etc. a chance based solely on its ranking on these types of charts.

Heroic Warrior
    Considering Cobra Kai got renewed and had a lesser overall score I think it means MOTU can very realistically get at least one more season. Right now it is no. 27 which isn't too bad considering all the heat saying it tanked so bad.
    Last edited by Parzival; August 10, 2021 at 01:34am.

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
    Considering Cobra Kai got renewed and had a lesser overall score I think it means MOTU can very realistically get at least one more season. Right now it is no. 27 which isn't too bad considering all the heat saying it tanked so bad.
    27? Actually is great , how do you know that? I can't find any source with that info .

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    27? Actually is great , how do you know that? I can't find any source with that info .
    The same site. https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?t...s&ref_=adv_prv

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
    Cobra Kai had crazy good word-of-mouth going for it. So many people hit me up about it, knowing my love for Karate Kid. MOTU not so much. And people know I love MOTU. Haven’t received one text about it.

But I’m sure cartoons have a little less pressure to perform.