Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUR Part 2 Speculation (Part 1 Spoilers)

Heroic Warrior
    I think Tri-Klops' days are numbered, unless he swears allegiance to Skeletor.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I'm totally with you. I'd say it's probably the ugliest sword design of any character in MOTU history. I think it was even a big factor stopping me from collecting 200x figures when they came out. Has it ever been determined why Mattel so drastically redesigned He-Man's iconic sword when they launched that toyline? I'm curious to know the reasoning behind that.
    I found this a while ago... and I think it was mentioned in one of the .org threads too:

"According to designers the Four Horsemen, this was due to their original re-sculpts being intended for a continuation of the original storyline in which Skeletor had obtained both halves of the Power Sword (hence the new Skeletor figure's dual blades with clear "good" and "evil" hilt designs), necessitating a new sword to be built by Man-At-Arms and endowed with the properties of the original by the Sorceress. However, Mattel decreed that they wished to reboot the continuity for a new generation of children, and thus the "new" Power Sword design became the "original" version for the new continuity."

So, basically, the 4H created something that was supposed to be temporary until He-Man reacquired the power sword, but instead, it became the default.

I just think that Duncan should have "forged" a sword... not "built" one. It's silly-looking; like He-Man is holding an alien spaceship in his hand.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I found this a while ago... and I think it was mentioned in one of the .org threads too:

"According to designers the Four Horsemen, this was due to their original re-sculpts being intended for a continuation of the original storyline in which Skeletor had obtained both halves of the Power Sword (hence the new Skeletor figure's dual blades with clear "good" and "evil" hilt designs), necessitating a new sword to be built by Man-At-Arms and endowed with the properties of the original by the Sorceress. However, Mattel decreed that they wished to reboot the continuity for a new generation of children, and thus the "new" Power Sword design became the "original" version for the new continuity."

So, basically, the 4H created something that was supposed to be temporary until He-Man reacquired the power sword, but instead, it became the default.

I just think that Duncan should have "forged" a sword... not "built" one. It's silly-looking; like He-Man is holding an alien spaceship in his hand.
    The only thing I liked about it is that it transformed too. So Adam did not look like he was running around with the Sword of Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    The only thing I liked about it is that it transformed too. So Adam did not look like he was running around with the Sword of Power.
    Yeah I liked that idea as well so it wasn't "Hey you have the exact same unique sword as He-man, crazy"

And I also liked the original idea that the sword was a replacement since skeletor had the real one.
    cogito ergo doleo

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Yeah I liked that idea as well so it wasn't "Hey you have the exact same unique sword as He-man, crazy"

And I also liked the original idea that the sword was a replacement since skeletor had the real one.
    The only thing I did not care for was the design. I did not care for the design of his symbol either. I did not mind that He-Man had shorter hair or a kilt-length loin cloth or belt with pouches. But the symbol and the sword were kind of a mess.

I got what they were going for with the 200X sword but I didn't like it. The "real" design is just so clean, and that one... wasn't.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    The only thing I did not care for was the design. I did not care for the design of his symbol either. I did not mind that He-Man had shorter hair or a kilt-length loin cloth or belt with pouches. But the symbol and the sword were kind of a mess.
    Now that you mention it, I hated the long loin cloths on those figures too.

Member of the Royal Family

Andra's fate spoiler?

Hi all. This is my first post here in probably more than a decade. That's some serious deep lurking! Hope you're all doing well during our time of pandemic.

Anyhow through the wonders of Google and android recommending interesting stories on my cell phone I read an interesting one earlier. It was an interview with Tiffany Smith on Newsweek's web site. It definitely gets into potential spoiler territory when she describes the auditioning process.

https://www.newsweek.com/im-first-bl...iverse-1613901

Specifically this portion.

Not long after, an audition for Masters Of The Universe: Revelation came up. I did the audition, but I didn't want to reach out to Kevin or anything, I really wanted my work to speak for itself. I remember, at the end of the audition I had to say the iconic, "I have the power" line, so I pulled my lightsaber off the wall—because, yes, I have two—and raised it up over my head as I said the line. I realized they'd think it was super cool or go: "Eesh!" Thankfully, a couple of weeks later I got a call saying I had booked the role of Andra.

That's pretty clear to me what that suggests might happen in the second half of the season. Just figured I'd pass it along since I haven't seen anyone else mention it here yet unless I missed it.

If that's where they do indeed go with it, it will probably be terrible and will unfortunately redeem a lot of peoples' criticisms about the show. But, we'll see if that actually happens or not.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Andra picking up the power sword and transforming into a Champion would be such a blatant troll move from Smith. On one hand the fallout would be hilarious, but the on the other... Does the Internet really need any more drama?

I'm so tired of it, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach5 View Post
    Andra picking up the power sword and transforming into a Champion would be such a blatant troll move from Smith. On one hand the fallout would be hilarious, but the on the other... Does the Internet really need any more drama?

I'm so tired of it, tbh.
    Agreed.

That would definitely be something done for the sole purpose of "breaking the internet"... and the fanbase.

Hopefully that's not what ends up happening. The "WE TOLD YOU SO!" screeching from certain people would be unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Agreed.

That would definitely be something done for the sole purpose of "breaking the internet"... and the fanbase.

Hopefully that's not what ends up happening. The "WE TOLD YOU SO!" screeching from certain people would be unbearable.
    What is more unbearable is there would be people who would defend that and say: they were "huge fans" and Andra becoming He-Man is what they always wanted. How can anyone be a huge fan and their greatest desire was to see He-Man killed off and replaced by someone else.

Heroic Warrior
    I highly doubt that's going to be a thing. Back during that interview with KS and Griffin (i think) he mentioned he didn't get any REAL lines until after he got the part. The auditions are all likely just a collection of a variety of generic dialogue that wouldn't contrain such a massive spoiler.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Huh! I never once considered the 200X sword coming into play in this series, but man- that would actually be pretty great to see a nod like that to the MYP series. And help give Man-At-Arms a "moment".
    i could imagine Randor finding out Duncan is defying the royal decree to to weld anything, he does this.

Randor: SO WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?

Duncan: What am I doing?

Randor: WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?

Duncan: Nothing Much.

Randor: WELDING A SWORD!?

Duncan: Welding a sword?

Randor: ARE YOU??!!

Duncan: ......Yes.

Randor:........I'M GOING TO ********ING KILL YOU!
    Last edited by bigfootRULES; August 1, 2021 at 11:56am.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    What is more unbearable is there would be people who would defend that and say: they were "huge fans" and Andra becoming He-Man is what they always wanted. How can anyone be a huge fan and their greatest desire was to see He-Man killed off and replaced by someone else.
    I've defended revelation so far, and I've genuinely enjoyed what's been shown and where it could go , but yeah , if that's the story they go with , I'm out completely . I did say the dark horse prequel comic is priming us for something though with randors elaborate " a king can't be a warrior and a warrior can't be king " speech ...

Ultimately though , whatever they go with , it's already set in stone now , just gotta wait and see

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootRULES View Post
    i could imagine Randor finding out Duncan is defying the royal decree to to weld anything, he does this.

Randor:WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?

Duncan: What am I doing?

Randor:WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?

Duncan: Nothing Much.

Randor: WELDING A SWORD!?

Duncan: Welding a sword?

Randor: ARE YOU??!!

Duncan: ......Yes.

Randor:........I'M GOING TO ********ING KILL YOU!
    LoL, Team 4 star. We need something like that to parody He-Man episodes. Especially Revelations, this series demands parody.

I laughed harder than I probably should've at that.

MOTUR Part 2 Speculation (Part 1 Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Mach5 View Post
    Andra picking up the power sword and transforming into a Champion would be such a blatant troll move from Smith. On one hand the fallout would be hilarious
    Oh please let this be true!!

The drama has died down way too quickly.

Anyone else think Castle Grayskullman might make an appearance to tip the final battle against Skelegod in the heroes' favour?

I would have thought the whole Castle Grayskullman idea died when we found out the castle is just an illusion.

I'm thinking we might see Oo-Larr at some point...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftWindX View Post
    Hi all. This is my first post here in probably more than a decade. That's some serious deep lurking! Hope you're all doing well during our time of pandemic.

Anyhow through the wonders of Google and android recommending interesting stories on my cell phone I read an interesting one earlier. It was an interview with Tiffany Smith on Newsweek's web site. It definitely gets into potential spoiler territory when she describes the auditioning process.

That's pretty clear to me what that suggests might happen in the second half of the season. Just figured I'd pass it along since I haven't seen anyone else mention it here yet unless I missed it.

If that happens, that would be two comic book tropes Kevin's pulled off in one series

If series one is basically "death of Superman" and "Knightfall", then series two, if it's made will be "Knightsend", where they show Andra is totally in over her head and Adam ultimately reclaims the sword
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; August 1, 2021 at 05:56am.

Heroic Warrior
    Wasn't there something a while ago that said they were gonna share the power or something? I wonder if this might play into that.

I'm calling it now, everyone's gonna do the I have the power thing at once and they'll take down Skelegod.

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftWindX View Post

Wow! That's some internet spelunking indeed - kudos!

My guess is it's just a fun line they had all or a number of the VAs do, just to hear their takes on the most famous saying in the series and how into it they could get. If so, I'd love to hear Lena Headey's just so I can imagine Cersei Lannister belting it out at the top of her lungs.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SirTeek View Post
    Wow! That's some internet spelunking indeed - kudos!

My thoughts exactly-- I'd LOVE to hear all the audition takes of everyone belting out that line. It'd make my day for sure.