Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: MOTUR Part 2 Speculation (Part 1 Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    Yeah, the line was less telling her about "the legend of Grayskull", more her Grandfather "told her stories" of that place, as Grandfathers do. But if her Grandfather was actually King Grayskull, wouldn't it be more than "stories" and more... "hey, Castle Grayskull was named after my Grandfather!"

Also, I think you'd have to go a lot further back than her Grandfather to reach the time of King Grayskull
    Err yeah, I didnít say her grandfather was King GS, maybe he was a more distant relative but it could be seen as creating a link between her and GS as people are speculating.

I mean, if after only a few years castle GS has been ďforgottenĒ by the general population somehow, why would only her grandfather be telling her stories about it and they not just be folk stories or even taught in History lessons?

Does the general population not know about Eternias greatest heroís of the past that saved them from the Snake Men and Hordak?

Itís just ridiculously terrible story crafting when you think about it.

Heroic Warrior
    Shot in the dark, but maybe her grandfather is Dekker?

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Does the general population not know about Eternias greatest hero’s of the past that saved them from the Snake Men and Hordak?

It’s just ridiculously terrible story crafting when you think about it.
    Agree with you on this completely. It reminds me of how only 17-18 years have passed from Revenge of the Sith to the beginning of A New Hope and the Jedi have already been forgotten.

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scareglow Rev33 View Post
    My opinion is that the Sorceress and Teela heal Adam. During this healing is when Teela gets the Revelation that she is the Sorceress' daughter. Adam vows a quest to get back the Power Sword. Skelegod easily conquers Eternia, finding the Techno Cult along the way. They pledge their allegiance to Skeletor. The He-Men, inspired by Adam, vow to help him along his quest. During this time they all realized that Adam is the Greatest of all He-Men. Orko returns from Subternia as Oracle, the great Trollan Mage, and along with the help of Scare Glow, they create a way for Adam to be He-Man, whether they create a new sword or use the battle axe, IDK. He-Man and Skelegod battle. He-Man has the likes of Teela, MAA, Andra, and a host of Heroic Warriors along side him, while Skeletor has the Techno Cult, Beast Man, Evil Lyn, and other henchmen. Evil Lyn will betray Skeletor, which ultimately gives the Masters the upper hand to defeat him. The show ends on two cliff hangers, one with Evil Lyn trying to take the power for herself and also Hordac and the Evil Horde being introduced near the end...Just in case it gets a second season.
    I do not see the technology cult joining forces with Skelegod, that would be antithetical to their newfound beliefs. I think it is more likely that they will defect, and help the Defenders of Eternia, perhaps in building a technological sword that can tap into the Power of Grayskull.

And I think Orko will return as Oracle, and share some secret knowledge he obtained from Scare Glow with Evil-Lyn, to help defeat Skelegod. I do not see a heel turn for Evil-Lyn, that would be rote and predictable. If anything, I see a face turn, in which she becomes completely heroic.

While I do not think it is likely, I would like a season two in which certain characters travel to Etheria to help with the fallout from Revelation. Remember, the only thing that prevented the Horde from conquering Etheria was the magic of the Princesses of Power. With no magic, any gains the Rebellion had won would quickly be lost. In the way that Revelation brings the story of Masters of the Universe to fruition, it would be neat to finally see the same for Princess of Power; to see the Horde finally defeated and driven from Etheria.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    That is what some of us have been suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post

Agree with you on this completely. It reminds me of how only 17-18 years have passed from Revenge of the Sith to the beginning of A New Hope and the Jedi have already been forgotten.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the Sorceress almost always have to explain things from the past to He-Man and/or the Heroic Warriors because nobody ever knew the past of Eternia? Weren't the Snake Men introduced into the Filmation cartoon as a long forgotten past?

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Err yeah, I didn’t say her grandfather was King GS, maybe he was a more distant relative but it could be seen as creating a link between her and GS as people are speculating.

I mean, if after only a few years castle GS has been “forgotten” by the general population somehow, why would only her grandfather be telling her stories about it and they not just be folk stories or even taught in History lessons?

Does the general population not know about Eternias greatest hero’s of the past that saved them from the Snake Men and Hordak?

It’s just ridiculously terrible story crafting when you think about it.
    History lessons? Like at a school?

You watched the Filmation Series right? So many people are simple people. Farmers. Villagers. Living off the lands on an entire planet. Passing stories to one another is certainly how many would get information. And families teach the younglings. Sure the kingdom has technology but this is a planet without internet. Without phones. Practically no one has actually been to Castle Grayskull to actually witness it, let alone witness the battles for it or the palace.

I think you're trying too hard to find faults here so you can point to a fantasy sword & sorcery cartoon and say look, bad writing.
    Last edited by Voodoo Magic; August 25, 2021 at 06:41pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    I do not see the technology cult joining forces with Skelegod, that would be antithetical to their newfound beliefs. I think it is more likely that they will defect, and help the Defenders of Eternia, perhaps in building a technological sword that can tap into the Power of Grayskull.

And I think Orko will return as Oracle, and share some secret knowledge he obtained from Scare Glow with Evil-Lyn, to help defeat Skelegod. I do not see a heel turn for Evil-Lyn, that would be rote and predictable. If anything, I see a face turn, in which she becomes completely heroic.

While I do not think it is likely, I would like a season two in which certain characters travel to Etheria to help with the fallout from Revelation. Remember, the only thing that prevented the Horde from conquering Etheria was the magic of the Princesses of Power. With no magic, any gains the Rebellion had won would quickly be lost. In the way that Revelation brings the story of Masters of the Universe to fruition, it would be neat to finally see the same for Princess of Power; to see the Horde finally defeated and driven from Etheria.

- - - Updated - - -

That is what some of us have been suggesting.
    I'm on the same page as you with all of this

Sent from my AGS2-L09 using Tapatalk

History lessons? Like at a school?

You watched the Filmation Series right? So many people are simple people. Farmers. Villagers. Living off the lands on an entire planet. Passing stories to one another is certainly how many would get information. And families teach the younglings. Sure the kingdom has technology but this is a planet without internet. Without phones. Practically no one has actually been to Castle Grayskull to actually witness it, let alone witness the battles for it or the palace.

I think you're trying too hard to find faults here so you can point to a fantasy sword & sorcery cartoon and say look, bad writing.
    You know even a lot of third world countries on earth have schools right?

Also wouldnít tales of invaders from another world be pretty high on the list of tales handed down even if an education system didnít exist?

It just makes no sense that seemingly educated people, Andra is effectively an engineer (did she learn that on a farm?), would only have heard of such a catastrophic event as a tale from her grandfather and the rest of the population have seemingly never heard of it.

Itís alright if you like a terrible movie or show, hell I love the movie Bloodsport even if everything except the fight scenes is trash (and even they arenít great, just nice to watch technically), itís a guilty pleasure. I realise itís terrible but like it anyway.

If someone said the acting was bad, Iíd agree, the dialogue terrible, yep the story contrived, again, yes but I enjoy it anyway for some reason.

You shouldnít have to try and convince other people itís something itís not to justify liking it.

You know even a lot of third world countries on earth have schools right?

Also wouldn’t tales of invaders from another world be pretty high on the list of tales handed down even if an education system didn’t exist?

It just makes no sense that seemingly educated people, Andra is effectively an engineer (did she learn that on a farm?), would only have heard of such a catastrophic event as a tale from her grandfather and the rest of the population have seemingly never heard of it.
    You're comparing a cartoon with the likes of Skeletor, Beast Man and Mer-Man to a third world country? Okay, fine, I'll bite. Yes, even third world countries have areas with electricity, phones and the sort. But the one thing third world countries really struggle heavily with is Healthcare, Information and Education. But I digress.

This is fictional Middle Earth type stuff. Living off the land in their own little villages, with monsters and demons and sorcery in a show that is beholden to Filmation's Masters of the Universe, not She-Ra. There are no newspapers. No late night news programs.

And I expect Andra to have been taught by someone in her family, passed on, and passed on, generation to generation, like sorcery, gardening or anything else. She doesn't have a college degree in engineering. Not even if she's raised in a palace.

Court Magician
    Hopefully, we get the Sorceress teaching Teela with an 80s training montage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnYDrs2ykcI

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    I guess I just don't get the whole "poor writing" thing? My son and I both really enjoy it. But then again, I am not one of those nit picky guys that purposely breaks down every little detail of a show just to justify the spite and vitriol that I have seen spread about this show just to follow the crowd.
    I don't get it either. By no means is it Shakespeare, but who cares? At its worst I would say its above average. And you know what? Filmation, MYP, NA, POP... none of them had any great, exceptional writing either.

But that's not to say that it is "BAD" writing. Sure, I might have written some things differently, but I was not a creator. If one can just look at what the writers were going for, see the deeper aspects of characterization and see the many connections to tales of old, I don't see how anyone can just write it off as bad. Cheesy... a little bit at times--but certainly no more than previous incarnations of MOTU. To each their own, I suppose, but I don't get it.

As to speculation of part 2... I try not to do any speculation. What's the point. All people do is set themselves up with expectations and then get disappointed when what it actually is turns out to be different. I just like to wait and see what the writers have in store.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayskullPrime View Post
    Hopefully, we get the Sorceress teaching Teela with an 80s training montage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnYDrs2ykcI
    Is it wrong that I would love that?

Heroic Warrior
    Is it wrong that I would love that?
    Only if they set it to the 1981 hit "every little thing she does is magic."

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crash109 View Post
    Only if they set it to the 1981 hit "every little thing she does is magic."

Heroic Warrior
    I guess I just don't get the whole "poor writing" thing? My son and I both really enjoy it. But then again, I am not one of those nit picky guys that purposely breaks down every little detail of a show just to justify the spite and vitriol that I have seen spread about this show just to follow the crowd..
    You could do a hell of a lot better just saying you and 'your son' enjoyed it instead of presuming people that dislike this show are mindless vitriolic cattle. You do your side no favours with that. Be the better person and admit not everyone will enjoy what you will.

I also watched the trailer for the new CGI cartoon reboot last night, we agreed that it looks good for modern kids.
    Modern kids don't watch cartoons.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; August 26, 2021 at 04:32pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    By the definition of the word I'd agree but isn't that kinda what anime is? I know modern kids watch that.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Disney XD, and the Disney Channel might argue with you.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

What planet do you live on? Every kid watches cartoons
    Anime is a cartoon . My youngest is 9 and likes CGI cartoons my oldest is 16 and guess what she likes cartoon s too hell my middle child Loves Netflix SATPOP my cousins kids,. yup cartoon s rule there too

Heroic Warrior
    I just want these guys to have a group hug or something, it really seems like they need one

Heroic Warrior
    This thread is pretty far removed at this point from speculating about Part 2.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk