Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New “origins movie masters” found in target system.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Costumes cannot be copyrighted, but the illustrations from which they are produced can be. That is why Warner Bros. which holds the rights the film cannot license those designs, only William Stout who designed them can.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    BAH! Do 'em all. Kevin. Julie. Charlie The Record Store Guy. DON'T BE COWARDS, Mattel!
    LUBIC or we RIOT!
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    LUBIC or we RIOT!
    Amen, brother.

And I was joking before but now I really, really want Charlie the Record Store Guy with Keyboard and Synthesizer accessories.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    LUBIC or we RIOT!
    I always wanted a Lubic figure like the Kenner Quick Change Suit Bruce Wayne figure that could turn into Batman, so we could get something resembling both his civilian and Eternia looks in the same figure (I do not think there is enough interest in Lubic as a character to warrant two figures).

Anybody who doesn't love Lubic, loves Black Licorice.

And we all know anyone who eats Black Licorice eats monster truck tires. Those people shouldn't get a say in anything!
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    Whatever they are, just praying they aren’t Target exclusives

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by cappinfro View Post
    Whatever they are, just praying they aren’t Target exclusives
    It looks like they're individual from the link, but maybe I'm wrong?

Movie versions would be cool. My brother and I have a soft spot for the film so I'd be game... if that's how they re-release the LoP Skeletor then by all means; I'm hoping to get that version regardless.

I wonder if they're considering Laser Light He-Man; that one kind of looked like Dolph Lundgren.

Quote Originally Posted by oansun View Post
    In a recent Pixel Dan interview with Super7's Brian Flynn he was talking about a line they did that he "didn't want to say." He said looking at the numbers it was a line that they could build their company around but to Mattel it was described as a "rounding error." So yea, Classics was basically nothing.
    Which means, love him or hate him, Toy Guru should be thanked collectively by fandom for the fact that a behemoth company like Mattel allotted him tooling and development dollars for Classics year over year. Of course past a certain point it became a glorified (not in name yet in deed) Kickstarter/Haslab/Indiegogo to get the line funded each year and all Mattel had to provide was the product manufacturing and delivery pipeline, but that's still something. Scott talked (perhaps too much?) constantly about how he was the one guy keeping the line going because Mattel collectively couldn't care less, but he's not wrong and I for one thank him. I adore Classics... a true labor of love.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar

And we all know anyone who eats Black Licorice eats monster truck tires. Those people shouldn't get a say in anything!
    I like both Lubic and black licorice.

Nobody takes potshots at black licorice!

A Lubic figure would be awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

James Tolkan would be awesome for that movie project we talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    A Lubic figure would be awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

James Tolkan would be awesome for that movie project we talked about.
    Ohhhhh maaaaaahhhh gaaaaaaahhhhd. 100%, brother.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I like both Lubic and black licorice.

Nobody takes potshots at black licorice!
    Madness. Just madness.

Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar
    Madness. Just madness.
    Time for you to eat Crow.

128008-01_crows-black-licorice-drops-candy-65-ounce-packs-12-piece-box.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    I'll take a Blade action figure for this line!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd be all over an Origins Saurod. But I wonder how they'd get around the sparking gimmick? There is no way today's parents would let their kids own something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Creature22 View Post
    I'd be all over an Origins Saurod. But I wonder how they'd get around the sparking gimmick? There is no way today's parents would let their kids own something like that.
    I don't think they would bother since he didn't really use that ability in the film. Although they could always just include a flame effect.

Tried to get the upc for these today so I could do more searching but apparently, the little device that Target employees use wont show the upc for items and there is no converter available. The search continues, at least until pixelatoy or some site leaks it on their website.

- - - Updated - - -

Just realized(it took a minute) that the dpci for these is the same dpci as the regular figure assortment. I thought it looked familiar.

I still contend that these are possibly the vintage head He-Man and Skeletor. Things are often misnamed in the system prior to getting in store. I hope I’m wrong, though. I want the movie ones more.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Creature22 View Post
    Apparently sparking toys still exist from mainline toy manufacturers. Hasbro made a sparking BB-8 for the Rise of Skywalker kids line.

But I imagine it's probably more likely they'll just do a light up feature.

Really hoping for this to be Movie "inspired" toys on the Origins buck and that we can get Detective Lubic, Skeletor's "Crack Troops" Pigboy and maybe that pink car that Gwildor stole and modified. The car comes with Kevin and Julie.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 8/29/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    Really hoping for this to be Movie "inspired" toys on the Origins buck and that we can get Detective Lubic, Skeletor's "Crack Troops" Pigboy and maybe that pink car that Gwildor stole and modified. The car comes with Kevin and Julie.
    I might be remembering this incorrectly , but I was sure that pink car exists as a Mattel toy anyway , wasn't it a " Barbie"toy they put in the movie as an Easter egg , or have I just made that up completely

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    I might be remembering this incorrectly , but I was sure that pink car exists as a Mattel toy anyway , wasn't it a " Barbie"toy they put in the movie as an Easter egg , or have I just made that up completely

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    I want to say it was a Cadillac so I'm sure in her over 60 years Ms. Robberts has had at least one Cadillac.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 8/29/2021

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    I want to say it was a Cadillac so I'm sure in her over 60 years Ms. Robberts has had at least one Cadillac.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Yep, a 1959 Cadillac Series 62.

I don't know if Barbie ever had one, but this dealer in Grand Rapids sold a pink one as "Barbie's Dream Car": https://www.grautogallery.com/vehicl...llac-series-62

Currently, Fisher Price/Power Wheels sells a Barbie-branded Cadillac Escalade.

Hopefully they release a Saurod. From what I have seen it seem the vintage toy had a case of gold plastic syndrome.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Heroic Warrior
    These are the Revelation He-Man and Skeletor getting a dedicated peg for each, kinda like Origins where they are shipping them 4 to a case. Why it says movie I don't know but I had it scanned over the weekend to see and it turned up the same as the Revelation figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    I was under the impression that the only way Super7 got away with doing '87 movie designs was to go directly to the Production Designer, William Stout, and do designs based on his illustrations for the film. Thereby calling it a "designer series" rather than Masters of the Universe the movie action figures. As far as I know the rights to the Goddard film aren't available to create direct interpretations of those designs into figures. I could be and probably am wrong, and I guess we'll see once images start to show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    That’s what ToyGuru would have us believe. Guess we’ll see if that’s the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    Actually Brian Flynn confirmed that the only reason he was able to produce the movie figures was because Super7 is not Mattel. The rights owners have beef with Mattel and would never let them make any figures beyond what was released in the vintage line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Hmm, I have doubts. The movie studio of the '87 film and Mattel were said to have such a poor relationship for years that it was impossible to get the rights to make figures based on the movie (Super7 got around that by going straight to the production designer and also for not being...Mattel). Relations would have to have improved dramatically in the just the last 2 years for this to be possible...
    Movie Skeletor in all black is my favorite MOTU character. The one toy I wished they made when I was a kid and they never did. I bought that Super7 one as soon as I could. I recall an interview with Brian Flynn of Super7 when those came out and he said it was extremely complicated to make figures from the movie. Like others posted above, he said something like there were several parties that needed to sign off on the figures. One of those parties had a SERIOUS problem with Mattel and REFUSED to work with Mattel and would never agree to figures if Mattel was involved. This party apparently signed off on the figures because it was Super7 and not Mattel. I never heard anything about money being a problem. It was just that someone or some group or some company refused to work with Mattel and that is why we never got movie versions of some figures.

So my guess would be that with Mattel making figures again we won't get movie figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
    These are the Revelation He-Man and Skeletor getting a dedicated peg for each, kinda like Origins where they are shipping them 4 to a case. Why it says movie I don't know but I had it scanned over the weekend to see and it turned up the same as the Revelation figures.
    But, these say they are Origins and $14.99. Are Masterverse figures going to a lower price point?

When I had it scanned it wasn’t Masterverse but, things can change. Are you implying that they are releasing Revelation figures in the Origins line?