View Poll Results: Should Skeletor get some new female Evil Warriors?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - They should make some new characters to add to the ranks

15 42.86%
  • Yes - They don't need to make new characters, just make someone like Shokoti an Evil Warrior

5 14.29%
  • Yes - Genderbend someone. Female Stinkor anyone?

4 11.43%
  • No - I'm totally fine with Evil-Lyn being the only woman on Skeletor's payroll

16 45.71%
  • I have no strong opinion one way or the other

1 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Do the Evil Warriors need more female membership?

Heroic Warrior

Do the Evil Warriors need more female membership?

Not sure if this is the best forum for this, but with new shows and new toylines in the works, and the 40th anniversary coming up, let's talk new characters!

The Evil Warriors have always had Evil-Lyn as the only game in town. But compare that to the Heroic Warriors and the Evil Horde. One group has had Teela, Sorceress, Marlena, Hawke, Kittrina, etc over the years, and the Horde has had Shadow Weaver, Catra, Scorpia, Octavia, etc.

Do you think Mattel should change that? And if so (and to generate some discussion) what would be the best way to facilitate that? New characters? Pigeonholing existing independant female villains into serving Skeletor? Or the tried-and-true "just genderbend a male character and call it a day" method?

Or are you perfectly fine with things staying exactly as they are right now?
    Origins Dylamug confirmed via Powercon 2021 Horde boxart! Time to celebrate!
    Most wanted Origins: Dylamug, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Wrap Trap, Octavia, Dragstor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor

Because I'm a huge fan of Shokoti, I would love nothing more than to see her show up in future stories (or the Origins toyline, for that matter) aligned (perhaps uneasily, a la King Hiss in the mini-comics) with Skeletor. I would love to see the dynamic between her and Evil-Lyn and how that relationship (or lack thereof) would play out.
    Other than her though, I don't really need that many bad ladies in Skeletor's ranks... I feel like The Evil Horde has that cornered (and it kind of makes that faction stand out a bit more, as well).
    Not entirely opposed to the gender bend thing (I thought they handled this sort of thing cleverly in She-Ra & The Princesses Of Power), but creatively, if it were up to me, I'd rather just see a new character or someone from Filmation worked in somehow. That said, if you use your imagination, a female Trap-Jaw would probably look pretty bad-ass and definitely quite evil.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

I voted no. Why? I think Evil-Lyn is enough for the Evil Warriors as the only female in the faction rather than having more than one just like the Evil Horde.
    Last edited by Neophron; March 6, 2021 at 05:24pm.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

I voted no strong opinion....

On the one hand, Im a purist of sorts when it comes to MOTU toys. Some of the Classics choices I get, but...naaahhhh.

However, if there was a chance that the brand/toy line could flourish and expand with the introduction of a few characters of any sex, Id definitely be keen!

I voted for keeping things as-is, but I also voted for gender-bending because how cool would an alternate-universe version of the Evil Warriors with reversed gender characters be?

I blame the fact that we've been watching lots of adventure Time lately. I'd dig getting female version of characters like Tri-Klops, Trap Jaw, or Mer-Man.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

I voted yes. Shocker, I know

The thing is, I want female evil warriors that are beastly or monstrous. They don't all have to be sexy like Evil-Lyn.
    A Want List
    Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I voted yes. Shocker, I know

The thing is, I want female evil warriors that are beastly or monstrous. They don't all have to be sexy like Evil-Lyn.
    This exactly my stance (and what got me making this thread in the first place)
    And preferably not a magic user either. Someone with a weird gimmick or action feature.
    Origins Dylamug confirmed via Powercon 2021 Horde boxart! Time to celebrate!
    Most wanted Origins: Dylamug, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Wrap Trap, Octavia, Dragstor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I voted for keeping things as-is, but I also voted for gender-bending because how cool would an alternate-universe version of the Evil Warriors with reversed gender characters be?

I blame the fact that we've been watching lots of adventure Time lately. I'd dig getting female version of characters like Tri-Klops, Trap Jaw, or Mer-Man.
    A female Mer-Man if done right would be awesome. Like, give her a mermaid tail (which can be reused down the road for Mermista if they do her), but keep the Mer-Man style armor and head. That would be pretty cool and unique. She could be called Mer-Maid.

I'd love to see more evil ladies added to the roster.

Shokoti was mentioned and I'd like to learn more about her. Being a Gar could add more dimension and dynamic to interactions with Skeletor.

Lady Slither is a good possibility for some possible infighting and treachery.

I dig the design of the bat-like Speleans, so maybe a new female evil warrior from that species. Maybe a woman of Buzz-Off's species.
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Court Magician
    I'm always up for adding to the roster. MOTU's creativity was one of the things that kept me coming back to it. What other wacky and creative characters are going to pop up?

And with my kind of no holds barred mindset, I don't see why we can't have more evil ladies added to Skeletor's roster of baddies.

Just don't make them female versions of the ones we know. I don't want a Beast Woman or Trap Jaw Lady or something like. Create all new characters and get creative with the process.

Wouldn't Evil-Lyn disapprove of any other woman who joined Skeletor's ranks?

I'm all for more female members of the Evil Warriors, but I doubt Evil-Lyn would be!
    All I want now is the Attak Trak in MOTUC

Oh and the Twiggets would be nice too!