Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccinations for all

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    By all means, show the numbers from the CDC that the vaccines are not effective. We will wait. This will be great.
    Ah, the old reading comprehension...

Never said once in this thread did I say that the shots are ineffective for preventing serious illness or hospitalization. Graphs I have posted confirm this (they also confirm that natural immunity alone is better than shot(s) alone).

However, people with the shot(s) can still catch, transmit, and die of cvd (people in this thread confirm this through personal experience). There are also possible complications with getting the shot(s) as I mentioned beforehand.

It helps to read.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    Ah, the old reading comprehension...
    Reading comprehension indeed:

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post

Soon we will find out the therapeutics and preventatives were actually a viable option...
    Wouldn't "the shots" qualify as a preventative?

Reading comprehension indeed:
    Oh wow, you sure got me there!

Really, reach harder.

Wouldn't "the shots" qualify as a preventative?
    For yourself, but not for others. If you don't wind up with blood clots, heart problems, neurological issues, etc.
    The shot(s) were approved for emergency use because supposedly that was the only thing that works. It's not the only thing that works, and it definitely doesn't work at stopping the spread.

Because if you don't get the protection to protect the protected who previously got the protection, you're an inconsiderate and awful person.

"mUh EmPaThY iS SOOO BIG!!!"

Oh wow, you sure got me there!

Really, reach harder.

The shot(s) were approved for emergency use because supposedly that was the only thing that works. It's not the only thing that works, and it definitely doesn't work at stopping the spread.

Because if you don't get the protection to protect the protected who previously got the protection, you're an inconsiderate and awful person.

"mUh EmPaThY iS SOOO BIG!!!"

Somebody is reaching, and it is not me. Where is the CDC data that states that vaccines are not effective, which you said here:

Reality, backed up by numbers from the CDC, says otherwise.

It's time to deal with facts and drop the self righteous scoffing, finger wagging, and pearl clutching.
    We are still waiting for it.

Somebody is reaching, and it is not me. Where is the CDC data that states that vaccines are not effective, which you said here:
    That reading comprehension again! That or you're stuck on a narrative you don't want to get off of. It seems like you add or subtract context to fit your view. Go back and re-read. Read what's there and leave out what's not there.

We are still waiting for it.
    I'm still waiting for you to point out where I said what you're implying.

Master of New Adventures!
    Twenty-four hours after my second Shingrix vaccination and I feel like I've been run over by a freaking truck...

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Twenty-four hours after my second Shingrix vaccination and I feel like I've been run over by a freaking truck...
    Brrrrooooo...how many shots are you getting???

But you're not the first person I've heard getting the shingles shot after getting the cvd shot(s). Did you get a flu shot too?

That reading comprehension again! That or you're stuck on a narrative you don't want to get off of. It seems like you add or subtract context to fit your view. Go back and re-read. Read what's there and leave out what's not there.

I'm still waiting for you to point out where I said what you're implying.

Yeah, your poor reading comprehension strikes again. I posted the entire chain of conversation, and you are avoiding posting the data that you claimed supported your argument. I do not know why it is so difficult for you to post the data you claim to already have, because it is how you arrived at that position. Where is it? We are all still waiting.

Sorry to hear about that. Most times I feel cruddy myself right after a vaccinatiom too, but it usually fades after a good night's sleep. A sign your body is getting to work with in the information being provided.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Thank you for your concern, UsernameMDM. That means a great deal to me. I truly feel the concern and support orgers show for each other is one of the best things about he-man.org.

That said, I'm blessed to have an amazing team of physicians who closely monitor my health, meds and all vaccinations, also providing me with post-heart attack and post-stroke follow-up appointments and advice on diet and exercise, which I strongly follow. My medical team includes the Head of Vascular Surgery for Northwestern Hospital, a top tier Neurologist and Cardiologist and my primary care physician. They are all in continuing contact with each other to ensure I'm getting the right medical care and that nothing I take contradicts anything else. Everything is cleared by the medical team before I take it -- i.e., shots.

For the record, I had the pneumonia vaccination last year, the flu shot, two Pfizer COVID vaccinations, a Pfizer booster and the series of two Shingrix vaccinations for shingles, two months apart. Although I've had a tough twenty-four hours for the COVID vaccinations, the booster and the Shingrix vaccinations, it hasn't been anything major and I've tolerated all vaccinations well, getting back into the saddle between twenty-four and thirty-six hours. I think a couple of days of discomfort is a small price to pay in return for the protection this seventy-two year old who has had a heart attack and a stroke receives, significantly lessening my risk of being hospitalized and death, as well as reducing the possibility that I will contract COVID and spread it to others.

Again, my sincere appreciation for your concern.

Brrrrooooo...how many shots are you getting???

But you're not the first person I've heard getting the shingles shot after getting the cvd shot(s). Did you get a flu shot too?
    - - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Asher Tye. As I said, IMO it's a small price to pay...

Sorry to hear about that. Most times I feel cruddy myself right after a vaccinatiom too, but it usually fades after a good night's sleep. A sign your body is getting to work with in the information being provided.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; February 9, 2022 at 07:46pm.

Again, my sincere appreciation for your concern.
    NP man! Hope you get to feeling better soon! What kind of exercise regime do they have you on for heart attack/stroke?

Following my heart attack I immediately went through Franciscan Hospital's amazing six-week Cardiac Rehabilitation Program. It was half an hour, three days a week of moderate aerobic exercises -- treadmill, etc. -- and lots of data. Data from Mayo Clinic indicates that going through a post-heart attack Cardiac Rehabilitation Program decreases the chance of suffering another heart attack by 30%, so why anyone would not do that is beyond my understanding.

After completing the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program and with my medical team's full approval, I returned to my pre-heart attack exercise regimen, although beginning at a lower level of intensity and gradually working my way up. This means I initially did three days a week of two hundred push-ups and two hundred stair declines each day and three days a week of thirty minutes on my treadmill. Over a period of six months I worked my way up to where I currently am at with three days a week of four hundred push-ups and four hundred stair declines each day and three day of thirty minutes on my treadmill. On Sundays I rest.

After multiple follow-up examinations, my Vascular Surgeon told me I'm the poster child for post-heart attack recovery and that I'm "good for another hundred thousand miles." Kim told me she's not sure she can handle another hundred thousand miles with me. I'm thinking she was joking because, trust me, she's got a pretty good deal with this aging warrior. Drop dead gorgeous Irish girl's sense of humor, I suppose...

On the shingles matter, it was just like the first shot -- a tough 24 hours and then I woke up the second day (this morning) feeling like nothing ever happened. Not bad in return for 90% protection from shingles.

NP man! Hope you get to feeling better soon! What kind of exercise regime do they have you on for heart attack/stroke?
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; February 10, 2022 at 03:08pm.

My sister and I just had our booster shots today.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Good for you, Mikey!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    My sister and I just had our booster shots today.

Study: Vitamin D Deficiency Linked to Severe COVID
    https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2022...o-severe-covid
    People with a vitamin D deficiency are more likely to have a severe or critical case of COVID-19, according to a new study published in the journal PLOS ONE.

We (people w/o their fingers jammed in their ears) have known this for a good while now.

More narrative crumbling away...

**NEWS FLASH**

Underlying condition linked to more severe COVID cases.

We'll have more on this story 18 months ago...

It's one of the reasons why I take a vitamin D supplement every day. Here in The Heartland, we have a lot of winter days without sunshine.

We (people w/o their fingers jammed in their ears) have known this for a good while now.

I believe it still carries benefits for older people, certainly for me.

And for there record, I will quickly add that I understand, respect, support and will vigorously defend everyone's right to make a personal decision with regard to vaccinations and boosters.
    The government just announce that whoever took booster vaccine, their quarantine days will be reduced.

That's a good news, I can't wait for this whole quarantine and the pandemic to be over, I'm okay being leashed for sake of everyone but not my long term project and my employment.

Everything is just crazy that even the kindergarten and pre school nursery is damn expensive, as my friend said: it's like taking a university's scholarship. everything changed in 2 years and 1 virus.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    The government just announce that whoever took booster vaccine, their quarantine days will be reduced.

That's a good news, I can't wait for this whole quarantine and the pandemic to be over, I'm okay being leashed for sake of everyone but not my long term project and my employment.
    As long as you're OK with it, they're OK with it.

In my case being Vit D deficient (on weekly medication as my level is under 20ng/mL) when I had it last month, I started feeling unwell on a Wednesday night (tested positive), slept almost all day Thursday and by Friday evening I had zero symptoms. Fever was gone, body ache and cough were gone. Never lost taste or smell. Neither my wife or daughter contracted it. I am sure of it I have X-Men potential.
    Instagram: dadhausen

As long as you're OK with it, they're OK with it.
    What's wrong with that? or you just want something to fight about?

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    What's wrong with that? or you just want something to fight about?
    If you want the State to have control of your life, I guess nothing is wrong with that. Well, there is, but if I have to explain it to you, well...

Just in case you're still not paying attention...

https://twitter.com/TyCardon/status/1526686757315432448

Covid-19 Cases Rise in Parts of U.S. With High Vaccination Rates
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-1...co-11652094004
    Some of the places that have avoided the worst of the Covid-19 pandemic, including Puerto Rico and Northern New England states, are coping with elevated cases and hospitalizations as the latest highly contagious iterations of the virus circulate.
    Pfizer’s Covid Vaccine Protection Against Omicron Fades Just Weeks After Second And Third Doses, Study Finds
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberth...h=53ce436632af
    Immunity against the omicron coronavirus variant fades rapidly after a second and third dose of Pfizer and BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine, according to peer reviewed research published in JAMA Network Open on Friday, a finding that could support rolling out additional booster shots to vulnerable people as the variant drives an uptick in new cases across the country.
    Exercise
    Supplement vitamin and nutritional defeciencies
    Eat right
    Go outside and enjoy the summer sun

You don't have to explain it to him. Easier to suggest he watches the film 1984.

If you want the State to have control of your life, I guess nothing is wrong with that. Well, there is, but if I have to explain it to you, well...

You don't have to explain it to him. Easier to suggest he watches the film 1984.
    Or read the book (which I am assuming is better...or worse depending how you look at it. ).

Hope you're well Jack!