Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccinations for all

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I'm happy to report our Max is well, is out of quarantine and restarts school tomorrow. Like all student at his school, he has to mask, but he won't get to take the two five-minute daily mask breaks for another week.

Still, we're happy with where we're at and that Kim and I didn't contract it from him.
    Two five minute daily mask breaks? Good Lord. These insane requirements are doing mental and physical harm to our children. All to protect them from something that is literally the equivalent of a minor cold for them. It pains me to see folks just casually talking about these totalitarian restrictions as if it's no big deal. We may as well start flying the Chinese flag at elementary schools. I came to the Other Topics forum to look for info on Formo Toys and thought I would check in on this thread. I wish I hadn't. Wake up folks. Seeing as how free speech is under attack, I wouldn't be surprised if this is my last post on the .org. If I can get one person to STOP WATCHING CNN it will be well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletron2021 View Post
    Two five minute daily mask breaks?
    Cvd needs break too bro.

It's kind of like when you sit down at a restaurant...

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Two five minute daily mask breaks? Good Lord. These insane requirements are doing mental and physical harm to our children. All to protect them from something that is literally the equivalent of a minor cold for them. It pains me to see folks just casually talking about these totalitarian restrictions as if it's no big deal. We may as well start flying the Chinese flag at elementary schools. I came to the Other Topics forum to look for info on Formo Toys and thought I would check in on this thread. I wish I hadn't. Wake up folks. Seeing as how free speech is under attack, I wouldn't be surprised if this is my last post on the .org. If I can get one person to STOP WATCHING CNN it will be well worth it.

All 3 of my kids tested positive yesterday. I’m guessing my daughter brought it home from daycare since a bunch of the staff is out with it. She had a slight fever, my one son is asymptomatic and my other son just had a stuffy nose. My wife and myself both tested negative. We are both fully vaccinated with boosters
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Two five minute daily mask breaks? Good Lord. These insane requirements are doing mental and physical harm to our children.
    Child dying of COVID: "At *GASP* least *GASP* my *GASP* mind *GASP* isn't *GASP* being *GASP* harmed *GASP* from *GASP* me *GASP* wearing *GASP* a *GASP* mask *GASP*."
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

Master of New Adventures!
    Believe me, I'm not "casually talking" about it.

Eternian Metal Head Skeletor-81's Avatar
    I agree with you.
    "I have great faith in fools, self-confidence my friends call it." -Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by KidTDragon View Post
    Child dying of COVID: "At *GASP* least *GASP* my *GASP* mind *GASP* isn't *GASP* being *GASP* harmed *GASP* from *GASP* me *GASP* wearing *GASP* a *GASP* mask *GASP*."

Maybe you should quit dancing on those few graves and waving your flag to justify and push your fear and ignorance. That's really what's causing this mess.

Longitudinal Trends in Body Mass Index Before and During the COVID-19 Pandemic Among Persons Aged 2–19 Years — United States, 2018–2020
    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7037a3.htm
    During the COVID-19 pandemic, children and adolescents spent more time than usual away from structured school settings, and families who were already disproportionally affected by obesity risk factors might have had additional disruptions in income, food, and other social determinants of health.† As a result, children and adolescents might have experienced circumstances that accelerated weight gain, including increased stress, irregular mealtimes, less access to nutritious foods, increased screen time, and fewer opportunities for physical activity (e.g., no recreational sports) (2,3).
    Additional Information on Children and Teens
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...%20COVID%2D19.
    Similar to adults, children with obesity, diabetes, asthma or chronic lung disease, sickle cell disease, or immunosuppression can also be at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
    Last edited by UsernameMDM; January 19, 2022 at 12:40pm.

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    Maybe you should quit dancing on those few graves and waving the your flag to justify and push your fear and ignorance. It's really what's causing this mess.
    I'll bet it feels awesome to be one of the few people in the world smart enough to see through the conspiracy.
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

Quote Originally Posted by KidTDragon View Post
    I'll bet it feels awesome to be one of the few people in the world smart enough to see through the conspiracy.
    I mean it does feel kind of weird being one of the few people that look at the CDC's data and see that children statistically have the absolutely lowest death rate, even if you add up all categories for 1-17 year olds (0.08 per 100k), making your snark post garbage.
    Last edited by UsernameMDM; January 18, 2022 at 04:50pm.

I get that. As a senior citizen, the concern for me is that they could possibly transmit omicron to me and I am at risk because of my age and a prior hearty attack and stroke.

That said, even if I contract it, with my physical condition the risk of hospitalization seems to be small so I'm not going to obsess about it. But I think many other seniors may be concerned. I recognize this is a difficult issue for many on he-man.org to get their hands around since most of you are all much younger. But for seniors -- especially those with underlying conditions -- it is a major concern. I don't think one can fully understand how it feels to be truly at risk until they are, or have loved ones who are.

I mean it does feel kind of weird being one of the few people that look at the CDC's data and see that children statistically have the absolutely lowest death rate, even if you add up all categories for 1-17 year olds (0.08 per 100k), making your snark post garbage.

I get that. As a senior citizen, the concern for me is that they could possibly transmit omicron to me and I am at risk because of my age and a prior hearty attack and stroke.

That said, even if I contract it, with my physical condition the risk of hospitalization seems to be small so I'm not going to obsess about it. But I think many other seniors may be concerned. I recognize this is a difficult issue for many on he-man.org to get their hands around since most of you are all much younger. But for seniors -- especially those with underlying conditions -- it is a major concern. I don't think one can fully understand how it feels to be truly at risk until they are, or have loved ones who are.
    No man, I get that and your situation 100%.

I was responding to the other poster making the comment about kids dying because they didn't wear masks. Like most of the hoopla and hysterics surrounding cvd, it has no basis in reality.

Got it. Thank you.

For the record, I have an amazing team of four top physicians, and their universal consensus is that even with my somewhat advanced age and history of a prior minor heart attack and a mini-stroke that with my rigorous physical conditioning, meds, proper weight and low sodium diet that if I contract COVID-19 or any variant the worst I'm looking at is one of two days of flu-like symptoms. Having endarterectomy surgery to remove an eighty percent blockage from my left carotid artery -- the blockage having been a huge contributing factor in my earlier mini-stroke -- has been a major benefit.

I confess that their assessment of where I'm at in the event that -- even with us doing everything right -- I happen contract the beast helps me to sleep well at night...

No man, I get that and your situation 100%.

I was responding to the other poster making the comment about kids dying because they didn't wear masks. Like most of the hoopla and hysterics surrounding cvd, it has no basis in reality.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; January 18, 2022 at 06:24pm.

Just to play Devil's Advocate, my wife's grandmother died a few months ago from Covid complications. She was 90-something, fully-vaccinated, and caught it from a family member who was also fully-vaccinated, but that's neither here nor there. I won't make that a thing, it's just factual data. She didn't blame the person she caught it from, so I won't either, not that I would anyway.

For all of 2020 and into 2021, she took all the regular and reasonable precautions one should take, but was never outwardly concerned about it. She came over here almost every alternate weekend for Sunday dinner as she always had, and we still had all the holiday gatherings at her house, same as always. She just didn't hug anyone. I remember there was some concern about Christmas 2020, with the "only X number of people allowed" thing, but Gram was like "Whatever, let 'em call the cops." I don't think they were over the limit anyway - I had a cold that time, so I stayed home - but she was like "I'll be damned if they're gonna cancel Christmas, I only have a few left."

At her age, she was definitely among the most high-risk. So obviously we were all reasonably concerned about this or that. "Should she really be coming over here for dinner every two weeks? Why does she want a bunch of people over her house for Thanksgiving?" and so on. The idea being, at that age a stiff breeze can put someone out, so why take chances?

Her logic: "I've been around and seen it all already. Nobody lives forever, anyway, and I only have a little time left. I'm not gonna spend it sitting at home being scared of my own shadow. I had a good run, if it's over then it's over, and it's not gonna be anyone's fault. I want to be with my family. If I get sick, then Oh Well. Just make sure they spell my name right in the obituary."

Now, she was a person of faith, and I am not, but I still think that's a rather admirable position for someone in her position to have. Or at the very least, incredibly pragmatic and realistic. We all miss her, but she lived life her own way and that's the way she wanted it, right to the very end. Unfortunately, she was living with her son and his wife a few months ago and when they both caught Covid they inevitably passed it to her, and she didn't make it. They got over theirs very fast but at her age it triggered a ton of other things all at once and it was too much on her.

Apparently, it was not a good time at all and she was pretty much telling the doctors "If I start to go, just let me go," but she was adamant - incredibly - that none of this was anyone's fault. She wasn't fit to live alone as she could barely walk, she and her family took every possible precaution they could including getting the shots as they were instructed to do, and in the end, all of their numbers came up. They got lucky, she did not. Still, "Don't be mad at them, it wasn't their fault." To the end.

I can only hope that when it's my turn and my time to check out, whenever that may be, that I can manage such grace. I kinda doubt it, but still. She was never afraid, and I admire that.

Just for the sake of perspective, and once more to play Devil's Advocate. Nobody WANTS to die, not even the very old. But like it or not, Life is the number one leading cause of Death, and everyone gets there eventually. I'm in no rush myself. But life has a way of taking it out of your hands no matter WHAT you do or don't do.

Most important thing is to make the most of the time you have. You're never promised tomorrow, whether you're 9 or 90.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Speaking of "snark post garbage," there are 73,000,000 people under the of 18 in the United States. So even if we use your numbers, that means 5,840,000 dead children is an acceptable number to you.

But how do you really feel, my friend?

Aw come on. Give us a smile. Remember when we met at Power-con and after thirty seconds we forgot our differences and were laughing together?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Speaking of "snark post garbage," there are 73,000,000 people under the of 18 in the United States. So even if we use your numbers, that means 5,840,000 dead children is an acceptable number to you.

Heroic Warrior
    you know, last time i checked is that kids would come home from school where theyd catch lice or chicken pox from other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    All 3 of my kids tested positive yesterday. Iím guessing my daughter brought it home from daycare since a bunch of the staff is out with it. She had a slight fever, my one son is asymptomatic and my other son just had a stuffy nose. My wife and myself both tested negative. We are both fully vaccinated with boosters

Ok sunshine. I'm so glad I quoted this post.

BTW - those are the CDC's numbers.

Bring back Classics! The All American's Avatar
    Your math is way off!

0.08 per 100,000 out of 73,000,000 is 58.4.

In other words, it's about 0.8 deaths per 1,000,000.

Using other data, it's still incredibly low....

2 deaths per 1,000,000 in this UK study (99.9998% survival rate) https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57766717

And CDC best estimate (scenario 5) from March 2021 would be 20 per 1,000,000 (99.998% survival rate) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...scenarios.html

Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; January 19, 2022 at 12:58am.

It's heading that way brother! Just hold tight and see!

And THAT is good news!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Your math is way off!

Using other data, it's still incredibly low....

2 deaths per 1,000,000 in this UK study (99.9998% survival rate) https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57766717

And CDC best estimate (scenario 5) from March 2021 would be 20 per 1,000,000 (99.998% survival rate) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...scenarios.html
    And I bet the numbers are going to get even lower when with Covid/from Covid gets factored in along with unreported cases.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Your math is way off!

Well, as long as it is only 59 unnecessarily dead children, then it is totally acceptable! That is, unless one or more is a child you care about, then it is a tragedy, am I right?

Well, as long as it is only 59 unnecessarily dead children, then it is totally acceptable! That is, unless one or more is a child you care about, then it is a tragedy, am I right?
    Do you allow kids in cars?

Motor Vehicle Crashes: A Leading Cause of Death for Children
    https://www.cdc.gov/transportationsa...factsheet.html
    In 2019, 608 child passengers age 12 and younger died in motor vehicle crashes...

Bring back Classics! The All American's Avatar
    You were off by 5,839,941.6, you've lost the data argument. That you even thought that over 5 million children in the U.S. would die due to COVID-19 says a lot. I'm not sure we can convince anyone willing to believe that number out of a fantasy that all deaths are preventable.

Do you allow kids in cars?

Motor Vehicle Crashes: A Leading Cause of Death for Children
    https://www.cdc.gov/transportationsa...factsheet.html
    Yes, there are a lot of things much deadlier than COVID-19 for children.

The #10 lowest on here is Chronic lower respiratory disease at 274.
    https://www.advisory.com/daily-brief...21/child-death

The flu is over three times more deadly than COVID-19 for children using this data:
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/spotlights/2...flu-deaths.htm
    August 21, 2020 ¬– CDC today reported one new seasonal flu-related death in a child that occurred during the 2019-2020 season, bringing the total number of flu deaths in children reported to CDC for last season to 188. This matches the highest recorded number for pediatric flu deaths reported during a regular flu season, which occurred during the 2017-2018 flu season.

If you are looking COVID tests in the United States and haven't already come across the this link -- https://special.usps.com/testkits -- I hope it's helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I remember there was some concern about Christmas 2020, with the "only X number of people allowed" thing, but Gram was like "Whatever, let 'em call the cops." I don't think they were over the limit anyway - I had a cold that time, so I stayed home - but she was like "I'll be damned if they're gonna cancel Christmas, I only have a few left."
    Grandma Roxx sounds like an amazing lady. I'm sorry for your loss.