Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Vaccinations for all

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    I love my beer like I love NASCAR.
    Warm, loud and full of dust?

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    According to Garfield it does.

Asked some of me fat mates; two of em said yes fat is actually more buoyant and they have little issue floating in deep water.

One also noted that despite his weight, when he and a skinny person let out their breath at the same time the skinny person sank faster, leading him to think fat likely adds some degree of buoyancy.

I should change my profile avatar; I'm getting confused between MDM's n my posts.
    Last edited by binkibonsai; June 22, 2022 at 03:22pm.

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Perhaps if more adults had done so in your formative years, I would not have to now.

This is rich, on so many levels

You did not post any data about compliance, and how it specifically correlates to viral spread, or other outcomes. I eagerly await you substantiating your claim.
    Um, yes, yes I have.

The previous page I quoted a previous post about shot rates. Pretty sure I've also posted about areas with high compliance having little to no effect on cvd. If you spent just a few minutes doing simple searches, you could find all of the information you wanted, but I have a feeling...

Last edited by Uki; June 29, 2022 at 09:42am.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    In addition, anti-vaccine sentiment has directly caused previously eradicated diseases to return. And generations of people who were not innoculated for those diseases, because they had been eradicated, are vulnerable. A contemporary example of this is Monkey Pox, which is a variation of Small Pox. Small Pox was considered eradicated in the U.S., so no one born after 1970 has been vaccinated for it. And the U.S. only maintains a small stockpile of the Small Pox vaccine for the military. Not only for readiness, but because they are more likely to be exposed to Small Pox and its relatives outside the U.S. That is, until now. We cannot have nice things as a society, because people no longer feel a civic responsibility to others.
    Now that has to be the most scientifically illiterate paragraph I have read in a long time. By definition, if a disease is eradicated, its permanent global infection rate must be zero, so eradicated diseases can't "return" naturally.

So far, mankind has only eradicated two infectious diseases. Smallpox was not only eliminated in the United States (a single country can't eradicate a disease) -- it was declared eradicated worldwide during the end of the Carter administration. Smallpox doesn't exist in the wild. The only way someone could be exposed is a bioterrorist attack or a leak from one of the two labs in the world that still house the virus. Thankfully, neither of the labs are located in Wuhan.

Monkeypox is not a variation, variant or strain of smallpox. Smallpox and monkeypox are viruses in the same genus. They are distinct and share the same common ancestor, along with other viruses like skunkpox and cowpox. While smallpox was only transmitted between humans, monkeypox is transmitted between different species. Monkeypox will likely never be eradicated due to its non-human reservoir. It has been endemic to Western and Central Africa for decades. This generation of monkeypox is also far less dangerous than the flu, whereas smallpox was one of the more deadly diseases mankind has encountered. To confuse the two is

"Anti-vaccine sentiment" has nothing to do with smallpox inoculation rates. The World Health Organization recommended routine smallpox vaccinations cease globally in 1979 with an exception for some specialized infectious disease researchers. The United States stopped smallpox vaccinations for the general public in 1972. There is no country in the world that continued routine smallpox vaccinations after 1986. If you disagree with the WHO's position on this matter, you can contact them here: http://www.who.int/about/contact-us

I'm sure they'd love to hear from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    Now that has to be the most scientifically illiterate paragraph I have read in a long time. By definition, if a disease is eradicated, its permanent global infection rate must be zero, so eradicated diseases can't "return" naturally.

So far, mankind has only eradicated two infectious diseases. Smallpox was not only eliminated in the United States (a single country can't eradicate a disease) -- it was declared eradicated worldwide during the end of the Carter administration. Smallpox doesn't exist in the wild. The only way someone could be exposed is a bioterrorist attack or a leak from one of the two labs in the world that still house the virus. Thankfully, neither of the labs are located in Wuhan.

Monkeypox is not a variation, variant or strain of smallpox. Smallpox and monkeypox are viruses in the same genus. They are distinct and share the same common ancestor, along with other viruses like skunkpox and cowpox. While smallpox was only transmitted between humans, monkeypox is transmitted between different species. Monkeypox will likely never be eradicated due to its non-human reservoir. It has been endemic to Western and Central Africa for decades. This generation of monkeypox is also far less dangerous than the flu, whereas smallpox was one of the more deadly diseases mankind has encountered. To confuse the two is

"Anti-vaccine sentiment" has nothing to do with smallpox inoculation rates. The World Health Organization recommended routine smallpox vaccinations cease globally in 1979 with an exception for some specialized infectious disease researchers. The United States stopped smallpox vaccinations for the general public in 1972. There is no country in the world that continued routine smallpox vaccinations after 1986. If you disagree with the WHO's position on this matter, you can contact them here: http://www.who.int/about/contact-us

I'm sure they'd love to hear from you.
    Glorious. A little information goes a long way in making rational decisions. Who knew?