Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Vaccinations for all

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Well, as long as it is only 59 unnecessarily dead children, then it is totally acceptable! That is, unless one or more is a child you care about, then it is a tragedy, am I right?
    You know what, your right. We should shut down the entire country and destroy the economy in order to prevent ANYONE from dying of Covid. Cuz that worked for Australia right? While we are at it. lets go ahead and shut everything down for the seasonal flu since it is actually more deadly than Covid. Hell, lets stop driving. Like The All American pointed out, kids die in car accidents. No going to work. No going to the store. No socializing. Just sitting at home watching the BS "deathometer" on CNN. The news is fake folks. You may love or hate Trump, but he was 100% right about the mainstream media.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    You were off by 5,839,941.6, you've lost the data argument. That you even thought that over 5 million children in the U.S. would die due to COVID-19 says a lot. I'm not sure we can convince anyone willing to believe that number out of a fantasy that all deaths are preventable.
    It just goes to prove the point (much like the gallop poll I posted earlier in the thread) that people in general grossly overestimate the severity of cvd. It's simply not true and the hysterics are uncalled for.

Yes, there are a lot of things much deadlier than COVID-19 for children.

The #10 lowest on here is Chronic lower respiratory disease at 274.
    https://www.advisory.com/daily-brief...21/child-death

The flu is over three times more deadly than COVID-19 for children using this data:
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/spotlights/2...flu-deaths.htm
    Yep, and it's all about weighing the risks, and reality says the risk of cvd for children is literally 0.

covidtests.gov: Residential households in the U.S. can order one set of 4 free at-home tests from USPS.com:

-Limit of one order per residential address
    -One order includes 4 individual rapid antigen COVID-19 tests
    -Orders will ship free starting in late January

Master of New Adventures!
    Well, I agree with hysterics are not called for. But over five million people dying worldwide from this beast is something to think about. I'm not big on the blame game, but 'we' obviously did something wrong. Think about the collateral damage to families, orphans, widow and widowers that were left, businesses that people worked their whole lives to build snuffed out... I can't help but think that one of those lives that was lost could have been a young person who might have grown up to become an oncologist that found the cure for the breast cancer that brought my mother down.

Hysterics, no. But I think it's prudent to talk about being better prepared the next time around.

Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    It just goes to prove the point (much like the gallop poll I posted earlier in the thread) that people in general grossly overestimate the severity of cvd. It's simply not true and the hysterics are uncalled for.

Yep, and it's all about weighing the risks, and reality says the risk of cvd for children is literally 0.
    - - - Updated - - -

On the other hand, maybe it is time to get hysterical...

THIS JUST IN:

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...f2d4d2391c14be

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Well, I agree with hysterics are not called for. But over five million people dying worldwide from this beast is something to think about. I'm not big on the blame game, but 'we' obviously did something wrong. Think about the collateral damage to families, orphans, widow and widowers that were left, businesses that people worked their whole lives to build snuffed out... I can't help but think that one of those lives that was lost could have been a young person who might have grown up to become an oncologist and found the cure for the breast cancer that brought my mother down.

Hysterics, no. But I think it's prudent to talk about being better prepared the next time around.
    And that's what I've done this entire thread, over and over and over again. Taking care of yourself is the #1 way to survive ANYTHING. The lockdowns, mandates, fearmongering and demagoguery did more damage to society than the virus ever did or ever will.

And death happens, or do you think Colin Powell didn't do enough? Do you know how many oncologist, etc were killed by...?

Doing all that I can do. But it's awfully disconcerting to hear different statistics and projections days after day after day. As I said, I take all precautions, but I'm not going to live like a prisoner.

And that's what I've done this entire thread, over and over and over again. Taking care of yourself is the #1 way to survive ANYTHING. The lockdowns, mandates, fearmongering and demagoguery did more damage to society than the virus ever did or ever will.

And death happens, or do you think Colin Powell didn't do enough? Do you know how many oncologist, etc were killed by...?

Heroic Warrior
    Doing all that I can do.
    And that's the best you can do.

But it's awfully disconcerting to hear different statistics and projections days after day after day. As I said, I take all precautions, but I'm not going to live like a prisoner.
    Turn it off, all of it. Keep taking care of yourself and keep living life.

That's almost verbatim what my doctors tell me, reminding me that I'm in such good shape and take such good care of myself that my risks are minimal.

Shame on the news media for making this a 24/7 event for all this time. I mean, I know it's important to hear the latest updates, but they just constantly spew out one thing after another. I want back all the combined months I've spent taking about this thing, listening to pundits, researching. I'm done with it. Not even going to post in the org's COVID sites anymore. No offense meant, but it's just taken up too much of the little time I have left.

Living...

And that's the best you can do.

Turn it off, all of it. Keep taking care of yourself and keep living life.

You were off by 5,839,941.6, you've lost the data argument. That you even thought that over 5 million children in the U.S. would die due to COVID-19 says a lot. I'm not sure we can convince anyone willing to believe that number out of a fantasy that all deaths are preventable.
    I'm not going to lie...that was funny.

Carry on people.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Do you allow kids in cars?

Motor Vehicle Crashes: A Leading Cause of Death for Children
    https://www.cdc.gov/transportationsa...factsheet.html
    Children are legally required to use vehicle safety devices when in a motor vehicle. I am glad you agree that children should likewise be legally required to be vaccinated, wear masks, and to socially distance.

- - - Updated - - -

It is not my argument, it is the argument of UsernameMDM. I was trying to be as charitable to his argument as possible, by using the mortality rate he provided. I missed that it was per capita, so ultimately the calculation was incorrect. But it has nothing to do with what I believe or do not believe. It is simply a matter of, if we take your figure at face value, this is the consequence. Is that an acceptable number to your or not? And it is revealing that 59 dead children is an acceptable number to both of you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletron2021 View Post
    You know what, your right. We should shut down the entire country and destroy the economy in order to prevent ANYONE from dying of Covid. Cuz that worked for Australia right? While we are at it. lets go ahead and shut everything down for the seasonal flu since it is actually more deadly than Covid. Hell, lets stop driving. Like The All American pointed out, kids die in car accidents. No going to work. No going to the store. No socializing. Just sitting at home watching the BS "deathometer" on CNN. The news is fake folks. You may love or hate Trump, but he was 100% right about the mainstream media.
    The economoy does not matter to dead people. Moreover, the rolling average of new COVID deaths per capita in Australia is .21. In the United States, it is .469. The U.S. could take a lesson from Australia, because it is doing 123.33% worse. Furthermore, influenza kills 34,000 people a year in the United States. Over the same period, coronoavirus has killed 858,000 people in the United States. In the U.S., COVID-19 is 2,423.53% more deadly than the flu. But tell us more about how "Trump was right" and "CNN is fake news," even though the only person who raised either in this thread, and unnecessarily politicized the topic, is you.

- - - Updated - - -

It is literally not zero. If it was zero, we would not have a mortality rate, or any dead children. You, and too many others in this thread, are callously flippant about the quantitative data, while ignoring the qualitative data. These are not merely numbers, they are people. They represent human lives. You and others are willing to sacrifice children, persons with disabilities, persons with underlying medical conditions, and the eldery for your convenience. But would you feel the same if it was your child, or your grandparent? Is Heeeere's Olesker! an acceptable loss for you, so you do not have to be vaccinated, wear a mask, or socially distance?

Geez, I hope I'm not an acceptable loss to anyone.

And so much for me not posting on a COVID thread. I just love you all too much and would miss the interaction. Hopefully that makes me not an acceptable loss...

Children are legally required to use vehicle safety devices when in a motor vehicle. I am glad you agree that children should likewise be legally required to be vaccinated, wear masks, and to socially distance.

- - - Updated - - -

It is not my argument, it is the argument of UsernameMDM. I was trying to be as charitable to his argument as possible, by using the mortality rate he provided. I missed that it was per capita, so ultimately the calculation was incorrect. But it has nothing to do with what I believe or do not believe. It is simply a matter of, if we take your figure at face value, this is the consequence. Is that an acceptable number to your or not? And it is revealing that 59 dead children is an acceptable number to both of you.

- - - Updated - - -

The economoy does not matter to dead people. Moreover, the rolling average of new COVID deaths per capita in Australia is .21. In the United States, it is .469. The U.S. could take a lesson from Australia, because it is doing 123.33% worse. Furthermore, influenza kills 34,000 people a year in the United States. Over the same period, coronoavirus has killed 858,000 people in the United States. In the U.S., COVID-19 is 2,423.53% more deadly than the flu. But tell us more about how "Trump was right" and "CNN is fake news," even though the only person who raised either in this thread, and unnecessarily politicized the topic, is you.

- - - Updated - - -

It is literally not zero. If it was zero, we would not have a mortality rate, or any dead children. You, and too many others in this thread, are callously flippant about the quantitative data, while ignoring the qualitative data. These are not merely numbers, they are people. They represent human lives. You and others are willing to sacrifice children, persons with disabilities, persons with underlying medical conditions, and the eldery for your convenience. But would you feel the same if it was your child, or your grandparent? Is Heeeere's Olesker! an acceptable loss for you, so you do not have to be vaccinated, wear a mask, or socially distance?

Heroic Warrior
    Random personal covid thing, my bf and his family all got Covid again (second for him, third for stepdad, third for sister, second for mom) and tested positive recently.

He and his mom are vaccinated while the sister and stepdad are not vaccinated (the stepdad is part of an extremist religious group that shall remain unnamed because it's very much tied to their location and I don't wanna doxx anyone, and the sister has some less than savory views on doctors and Jewish people and that's somehow not the worst thing about her).

The sister is not doing well at all. Like she's been bedridden for several days and apparently can't taste anything (I'm not a spiritual person, but low key that's karma for stealing other people's food, especially when said food is expensive and a gift). Although, she may be playing it up for attention, as she's the kind of person who would do that. The father has a heavy cough but is still going to work (which is concerning), so idk what that means when it comes to how he's handing it. My bf has a mild cough but can still taste things. The mom seems to be fine, my bf said he hasn't noticed anything off about her.

Idk, those are my completely non scientific thoughts and observations/me throwing shade at someone who steals another person's Christmas gifts.

Heroic Warrior

Man, you are really bad at this:

Child Passenger Safety: Get the Facts
    https://www.cdc.gov/transportationsa...factsheet.html
    Of the children 12 and younger who died in a crash (for whom restraint use was known), 38% were not buckled up.
    I know math's not your thing, but that means 62% (almost 2/3 if you want to use fractions) were wearing their masks...I mean seatbelts. So in 2019, 608 kids 12 & under died in car accidents. Of those, about 380 "were in compliance". They did everything "right" and still died. Again, I know you're not good at math, but that's almost 6.5x or 650% more the number of kids that have died from/with cvd overall.

Death happens. It stinks, but you can't nanny it away.

And if you haven't figured it out yet, those mandates don't work and are falling apart at the seams.

Yes, we should make policy out of data, not feelings. No one is stopping you from wearing a mask or socially distancing. You can practice all the "precautions" you want. Death is acceptable because it is inevitable, and every single "precaution" you take won't stop it.

I know it's hard to switch your narrative that you are desperately clinging to, but cvd is not a big enough threat against children to warrant mandates for them or anyone else. As pointed out before in this thread, cvd isn't smallpox. If you're scared, you do what you want to do to protect yourself. Did I mention not being fat helps (a lot)?

The economoy does not matter to dead people
    It matters to living people, a lot. And so does open schools/society, or are you ignoring the numbers about suicides, domestic abuse, substance abuse, depression, anxiety, etc because of the lockdowns and mandates? By the way - depression and anxiety have been proven to...you guessed it!...make you more susceptible to cvd and other illnesses. Locking down society, creating a police state to enforce mandates, shuttering businesses, etc doesn't help with this. You can't live a life freaking out like Beaker and think it's healthly.

So if you're really concerned about kids, especially those considered "at risk", you may want to rethink your strategy of locking everyone up in their homes and shutting them off from the rest of society.

No, but the conditions of the few shouldn't hamper the abilities of the VAST majority. No one is stopping kids, the elderly, and those with underlying conditions from taking whatever precautions they deem necessary.

Eternian Metal Head Skeletor-81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Random personal covid thing, my bf and his family all got Covid again (second for him, third for stepdad, third for sister, second for mom) and tested positive recently.

He and his mom are vaccinated while the sister and stepdad are not vaccinated (the stepdad is part of an extremist religious group that shall remain unnamed because it's very much tied to their location and I don't wanna doxx anyone, and the sister has some less than savory views on doctors and Jewish people and that's somehow not the worst thing about her).

The sister is not doing well at all. Like she's been bedridden for several days and apparently can't taste anything (I'm not a spiritual person, but low key that's karma for stealing other people's food, especially when said food is expensive and a gift). Although, she may be playing it up for attention, as she's the kind of person who would do that. The father has a heavy cough but is still going to work (which is concerning), so idk what that means when it comes to how he's handing it. My bf has a mild cough but can still taste things. The mom seems to be fine, my bf said he hasn't noticed anything off about her.

Idk, those are my completely non scientific thoughts and observations/me throwing shade at someone who steals another person's Christmas gifts.
    I too would like to share my personal experience. My Mom and younger brother are both triple vaccinated and are currently experiencing their third round of Covid while my wife and I (and our kids) are unvaxed and have only suffered from the initial Alpha wave. That being said I have been in direct contact with people with Delta and Omnicron variants and have never once retested positive. One person that I know of was in great health, 38 years old and fit (he did vape). He died of a heart attack 2 days after getting the booster. I know many others with similar experiences which is making my decision to stay unvaxed seem like the smarter choice for family with each passing day. I am not anti vaccination, I am anti mandate and I believe we should have the freedom to make our own choices. This vaccine was pushed out in months compared to the years of testing that most have to undergo. At this stage it is experimental and I don't need "facts" sponsored by Pfizer to rely on to make my decisions. In the last two years I have known 1 person who has died and it was from the shot, not the virus.

- - - Updated - - -

Geez, I hope I'm not an acceptable loss to anyone.
    No, not at all Jack! I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that I truly appreciate you and all you have done for MOTU!
    "I have great faith in fools, self-confidence my friends call it." -Edgar Allen Poe

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Meanwhile, in an America run by adults instead of selfish children:

Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

Quote Originally Posted by KidTDragon View Post
    Meanwhile, in an America run by adults instead of selfish children:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJkQfNAWYAEAc99.jpg
    And this closes the thread for me
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Awwwwwwwww...

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor-81 View Post
    I too would like to share my personal experience. My Mom and younger brother are both triple vaccinated and are currently experiencing their third round of Covid while my wife and I (and our kids) are unvaxed and have only suffered from the initial Alpha wave. That being said I have been in direct contact with people with Delta and Omnicron variants and have never once retested positive. One person that I know of was in great health, 38 years old and fit (he did vape). He died of a heart attack 2 days after getting the booster. I know many others with similar experiences which is making my decision to stay unvaxed seem like the smarter choice for family with each passing day. I am not anti vaccination, I am anti mandate and I believe we should have the freedom to make our own choices. This vaccine was pushed out in months compared to the years of testing that most have to undergo. At this stage it is experimental and I don't need "facts" sponsored by Pfizer to rely on to make my decisions. In the last two years I have known 1 person who has died and it was from the shot, not the virus.

- - - Updated - - -

No, not at all Jack! I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that I truly appreciate you and all you have done for MOTU!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    And this closes the thread for me
    Me too.

Today's NYT:

On Thursday night, the C.D.C. published additional data showing that in December, unvaccinated Americans 50 years and older were about 45 times more likely to be hospitalized than those who were vaccinated and got a third shot.

Yet less than 40 percent of fully vaccinated Americans who are eligible for a booster shot have received one.

I can tell you that this senior citizen and his wife have gotten both vaccinations and boosters.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Today's NYT:

On Thursday night, the C.D.C. published additional data showing that in December, unvaccinated Americans 50 years and older were about 45 times more likely to be hospitalized than those who were vaccinated and got a third shot.

Yet less than 40 percent of fully vaccinated Americans who are eligible for a booster shot have received one.

I don't know anything about numbers or statistics, but I do hope everyone stays well, healthy and safe from this virus.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Eternian Metal Head Skeletor-81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I don't know anything about numbers or statistics, but I do hope everyone stays well, healthy and safe from this virus.
    Yes!!! We really just need to stay supportive of each other regardless of their position on the vaccine and remember that we are all human beings! There are several reasons for people to get the shot and to not get it and all of those reasons should be respected. This virus has been used to do nothing more than to terrify and further divide people. I too hope and pray that you all stay safe and healthy! Thank you Mikey!
    "I have great faith in fools, self-confidence my friends call it." -Edgar Allen Poe