Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 422

Thread: Vaccinations for all

  1. #51
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    12,047
    Thank you for that. I have often said that, especially during my and my family's challenges with my medical events over the last year and a half, that we have drawn strength from the support and compassion of orgers. For that I am eternally grateful and I'm thankful to Val for all that he has done for he-man.org.

    Regarding your comments on vaccinations, we are exactly on the same page. While I believe there is a place for the government to mandate certain things -- e.g., security checkpoints in airports -- I think this is a different situation. I'm a Vietnam era Air Force veteran and I served as an Aerospace Medic, highly trained in medicine and being lowered out of helicopters to assist wounded servicemen and service women. I never cared about anyone's politics, skin color, religion, lack of religion or gender identification. As a military man my job was to protect and aid all that I can in contact with and, by extension, protect and aid the citizens of the United States. Part of that job was -- said still is -- defending the rights of citizens to make their own choices and that's why, despite my being strongly in favor of vaccinations and boosters, I will always defend citizens' rights to make their own decisions.

    As an aside, I thrilled by the data you supplied. I'm not an epidemiologist but it seems to me that, aside from the possibilities of virulent mutations, unlike so-far-mild Omicron, bursting on the scene, that we are in the endgame when it comes to beating this beast. Thank you for posting that information.

    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    And you too sir!

    Not directed at you (at all), but I am 100% against people being bullied and mandated against their will and conscience to get a vaccine, especially if they don't need it. I am 100% for making a decision out of logic, reason, and individual circumstances, not bullying, fear, and paranoia. If someone wants to get the shot(s), fine, do so with a clear conscience, but also take into account the reality that the shots are a fractional part of overall health, not just only against cvd.

    Here's some data to help with that decision:

    CVD Data Tracker
    https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...aphicsovertime

    https://i.imgur.com/D73DTK6.png
    https://i.imgur.com/9b8kpJL.png

    https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/covidnet/COVID19_5.html

    https://i.imgur.com/oxXrKku.png
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; December 9, 2021 at 02:44pm.

  2. #52
    Heroic Warrior UsernameMDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Regarding your comments on vaccinations, we are exactly on the same page. While I believe there is a place for the government to mandate certain things -- e.g., security checkpoints in airports -- I think this is a different situation. I'm an Air Force veteran and I served as an Aerospace Medic highly trained in medicine and being lowered out of helicopters to assist wounded servicemen and service women. I never cared about anyone's politics, skin color, religion, lack of religion and gender identification. As a military man my job was to protect and aid all that I can in contact with and, by extension, protect and aid the citizens of the United States. Part of that job is defending the rights of citizens to make their own choices and that's why -- despite my being strongly in favor of vaccinations and boosters -- I will always defend citizens' rights to make their own decisions.
    Thank you for your service sir!

    And if I were in your situation too (age, medical history, etc), I would, at the very least, talk with my Dr and family about getting the shots as part of an overall approach to health. Glad you were able to make that decision and get the help you wanted/needed.

  3. #53
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    12,047
    Thannk you for that. I have to say that 'thanks' was not something I was ever looking for in return for my service. I always felt it was my duty and was an honor to serve. But it's nice to hear it all the same. I'm glad I've lived long enough that people finally thank me for my service. As you can imagine, things were very different back then...

    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    Thank you for your service sir!

    And if I were in your situation too (age, medical history, etc), I would, at the very least, talk with my Dr and family about getting the shots as part of an overall approach to health. Glad you were able to make that decision and get the help you wanted/needed.

  4. #54
    Heroic Warrior UsernameMDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I'm glad I've lived long enough that people finally thank me for my service. As you can imagine, things were very different back then...
    That's an absolute shame. What happened then was atrociously idiotic. Hold your head up high.

  5. #55
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    12,047
    Thank you.

    Not to diverge too much, but we who enlisted during the Vietnam Era did so out of the naivete of believing it supported John F. Kennedy's words when he said in his inaugural speech, "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." We felt we were defending a friend and also our country. As history has proved, we were taken in by the military-industrial complex that President Eisenhower, himself a military man, warned about.

    But enough of this. That was all a long time ago, in a galaxy far away. Back to the topic of the thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    That's an absolute shame. What happened then was atrociously idiotic. Hold your head up high.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; December 9, 2021 at 03:42pm.

  6. #56
    Heroic Warrior King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    6,676
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    If you're relatively healthy (not obese, no underlying conditions, etc), there really is no reason for the shot, especially now that we know you can still catch and transmit cvd after receiving the shots. Get some exercise, get some sun, eat decently, supplement nutritional deficiencies, drink water, and get some good sleep. If you do get sick, stay home, take flu meds and up the vitamins.

    EDIT - if you are obese, lose weight. Your mind, body, and heart will thank you for it.
    I have weekly meetings at work with the CDC and can tell you that you are dangerously wrong in your thinking.

    Also, My coworker got covid in november 18th of 2020. He was only 50 and in great shape. By december 20th of 2020, He ended up needed a double lung transplant and miraculously, since we live near the best hospital in the country had a doctor and luckily a donor to do that.

    Please get vaccinated.
    cogito ergo doleo

  7. #57
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    9,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Well when a part of that "community" refuses to get vaccinated themselves that raises a red flag. Doctors, nurses, and so forth...should be the ones touting the vaccine yet a large portion are not and when they talk about the dangers of getting it, they get censored and even fired from their job. The media refuses to cover hardly any of this which creates a state of fear about the vaccine. If people believe that they aren't being told the truth or that they aren't getting the whole story, doubt creeps in and trust is lost. Whether the information is true or not, censoring these people only helps vindicate the stance of not getting the vaccine. It also doesn't help when someone like Dr. Fauchi keeps flip-flopping on stuff and gets caught lying. This all adds fuel to the fear.


    For the record, I have been vaccinated and am getting my booster in 2 weeks when I'm eligible.
    Absolutely. The medical community and the anti-vaxxers/refusers aren't mutually exclusive groups...

    Plenty of highly educated people have refused to get vaccinated; doctors, nurses, lawyers, teachers, etc., which makes it all the more confounding.



    Maybe if we had Roadblock and Scarlett, or Teela and Duncan, or even Blue Grass and the Copper Kid urging people to get the vaccine - like the old after-show PSAs, more adults would see that this is not a political issue - it's a medical one, and protecting yourself and others is just the right thing to do... common sense.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  8. #58
    Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Berkeley, Ca
    Posts
    1,921
    Sadly, these are kind of the real facts about Covid and politics at the moment:

    Vaccinated

    Trump and every living U.S. President
    All 50 state governors (Republicans and Democrats)
    All members of Congress
    Every Fox news host and guest
    96% of physicians
    78% of the U.S. military
    72% of the eligible U.S. population

    Unvaccinated

    Over 99% of everyone currently dying from Covid

    And sadder still, if (and when) Republicans come back into political power, a good 70% of their supporters who have denied the vaccine this whole time will finally get it after the Republicans take control of all promotion for it. Quite simply, there are a lot of simple minds who won't take anything if it's given to them from the wrong hand - whether it is good or bad for them. Even in the San Francisco/Bay Area, there were plenty of people on the left who weren't going to take any concoction that Trump was going to come up with if his "Operation Warp Speed" idea actually produced a vaccine of some sort while he was president. And it's the same with Biden and the right with the current vaccines available now.

    It is what it is, and anyone that wants to find examples of why/how the current vaccination is no good, they'll only ever be able to find the exception and never the majority. So, again, be safe, be fair, and mostly, be respectful to each other is all that anyone can ask.

  9. #59
    Heroic Warrior UsernameMDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I have weekly meetings at work with the CDC and can tell you that you are dangerously wrong in your thinking.

    Also, My coworker got covid in november 18th of 2020. He was only 50 and in great shape. By december 20th of 2020, He ended up needed a double lung transplant and miraculously, since we live near the best hospital in the country had a doctor and luckily a donor to do that.

    Please get vaccinated.
    I got all my information, especially about obesity, from the CDC. I'm 100% NOT wrong in saying you should take care of yourself in order to have a better chance at being healthy overall, against cvd, and all other diseases.

    To say that's not true is a lie. To say it's dangerous thinking to take care of yourself is ludicrous. To say exercise, fresh air, sun light, vitamins & nutritional supplementation, water, and sleep is a bad idea...wow. But shots and Krispy Kreme, right?

    The vast majority of deaths are from people who are obese or have underlying conditions or are advanced in age. That's a fact. If that's you, you should talk to your doctor and consider getting the shots.

    If you want anecdotal evidence, someone close to me who was in decent, but not great shape, went to the hospital with cvd after being sick at home for a week. They were sent home with vitamins and flu meds and got better. Everyone else that I am close with that had cvd recovered, even an elderly person who suffers from pulmonary fibrosis and lupus. He even goes dancing every weekend before and after being sick!

    See - anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. I'm not making the decision based on anecdotal evidence and neither should anyone else.

    Also the CDC admits there can be complications with getting the vaccine. Why should I risk blood clots, heart problems, and whatever else may show up, for a fractionally insignificant benefit? Why should I get any shot when I can still spread the virus to others?

    Again, no thanks. If you disagree and want to get the shots, that's your decision.

    - - - Updated - - -

    More reading about cvd transmissions after shots:

    Severe breakthrough COVID-19 cases in the SARS-CoV-2 delta (B.1.617.2) variant era
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...306-2/fulltext
    Despite compelling evidence that SARS-CoV-2 vaccines are highly effective in preventing COVID-19 infections, breakthrough cases have been emerging at an increasing rate.1 A retrospective cohort study by Tartof and colleagues2 found that vaccine effectiveness against COVID-19 decreased over time; however, its effectiveness against hospitalisation associated with COVID-19 remained robust, with no apparent reduction in vaccine effectiveness between 1 month (87%) and 5 months (88%) after vaccination with the BNT162b2 vaccine. Although most breakthrough COVID-19 cases are mild or moderate in severity,3 severe cases and deaths have been reported. In this Comment, we describe the shift in the landscape of severe COVID-19 requiring hospitalisation in a health system with high regional vaccination rates, whereby 90·9% of individuals aged 65–74 years and 85·6% of those aged 75 years and older are fully vaccinated as of Oct 17, 2021.4
    Last edited by UsernameMDM; December 10, 2021 at 09:10am.

  10. #60
    Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post

    Also the CDC admits there can be complications with getting the vaccine. Why should I risk blood clots, heart problems, and whatever else may show up, for a fractionally insignificant benefit? Why should I get any shot when I can still spread the virus to others?
    Why? Because you're basing your entire argument on the notion that you know exactly how you would react to the virus if you contracted it. No one person knows how they would handle the virus and it's various forms. So the reason you get the vaccine is to prevent the thing you do not know because the vaccine and it's proven benefits are evident and factual.

    Young people are contracting the virus and getting extremely ill with long lasting (perhaps permanent) after effects. Young people with no health issues whatsoever are getting the disease and either dying or becoming very sick. Yet, if they were vaccinated, their cases could have been lesser in severity and perhaps could have survived it.

    And the reason you get the vaccine even if you can still spread it to others is because if everyone would get vaccinated, then even if they contract the virus they can mitigate their symptoms and prevent death. It's really just like the flu shot. You can still get the flu virus and the whole point of the vaccine for the flu is to mitigate severity. But you can still give it to others. But there seems to be no argument about the flu shot and tons of people get it every year.

    mRNA vaccines stay in your body for less time than a flu shot does. I have no idea why people, based on scientific fact, want to not acknowledge that. But yet here we are.

    In the context of all of this, there are FEW medical people who refute the vaccine, and nearly ALL disease specialist agree that the vaccine is beneficiary. Indeed it is because of the few that refute it that people question the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine.

    To each their own. It's all a politicized mess unfortunately.

    -Johnny C

  11. #61
    Heroic Warrior UsernameMDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Why? Because you're basing your entire argument on the notion that you know exactly how you would react to the virus if you contracted it. No one person knows how they would handle the virus and it's various forms. So the reason you get the vaccine is to prevent the thing you do not know because the vaccine and it's proven benefits are evident and factual.
    No, I am basing it on the numbers provided by the CDC. My age range + current health = 99%+ survivability.

    Young people are contracting the virus and getting extremely ill with long lasting (perhaps permanent) after effects. Young people with no health issues whatsoever are getting the disease and either dying or becoming very sick. Yet, if they were vaccinated, their cases could have been lesser in severity and perhaps could have survived it.
    And much more are not. I would say that most 'young people' weather cvd just fine. See the charts I provided on the previous page from the CDC.

    And the reason you get the vaccine even if you can still spread it to others is because if everyone would get vaccinated, then even if they contract the virus they can mitigate their symptoms and prevent death.
    This argument never, ever made sense to me. If you are scared of getting sick/hospitalized/death, get the shots. Don't worry about everyone else.

    It's really just like the flu shot. You can still get the flu virus and the whole point of the vaccine for the flu is to mitigate severity. But you can still give it to others. But there seems to be no argument about the flu shot and tons of people get it every year.
    Are we really doing this argument?

    mRNA vaccines stay in your body for less time than a flu shot does. I have no idea why people, based on scientific fact, want to not acknowledge that. But yet here we are.
    I need to look up how J&J shots are doing vs the mRNA ones. Also, I wonder if the cvd will turn into seasonal shots.

    In the context of all of this, there are FEW medical people who refute the vaccine, and nearly ALL disease specialist agree that the vaccine is beneficiary. Indeed it is because of the few that refute it that people question the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine.
    I'm not refuting the shots. It's proven time and time again to help against cvd, but not stop/prevent it the contraction and transmission of it. In my eyes, there is just not a high enough benefit for me to take the shots.

    To each their own. It's all a politicized mess unfortunately.

    -Johnny C
    If someone is basing their decision on whether or not to get the shots on a politician or talking head, they should reconsider that strategy.

  12. #62
    Heroic Warrior King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    6,676
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    I got all my information, especially about obesity, from the CDC. I'm 100% NOT wrong in saying you should take care of yourself in order to have a better chance at being healthy overall, against cvd, and all other diseases.

    To say that's not true is a lie. To say it's dangerous thinking to take care of yourself is ludicrous. To say exercise, fresh air, sun light, vitamins & nutritional supplementation, water, and sleep is a bad idea...wow. But shots and Krispy Kreme, right?

    The vast majority of deaths are from people who are obese or have underlying conditions or are advanced in age. That's a fact. If that's you, you should talk to your doctor and consider getting the shots.

    If you want anecdotal evidence, someone close to me who was in decent, but not great shape, went to the hospital with cvd after being sick at home for a week. They were sent home with vitamins and flu meds and got better. Everyone else that I am close with that had cvd recovered, even an elderly person who suffers from pulmonary fibrosis and lupus. He even goes dancing every weekend before and after being sick!

    See - anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. I'm not making the decision based on anecdotal evidence and neither should anyone else.

    Also the CDC admits there can be complications with getting the vaccine. Why should I risk blood clots, heart problems, and whatever else may show up, for a fractionally insignificant benefit? Why should I get any shot when I can still spread the virus to others?

    Again, no thanks. If you disagree and want to get the shots, that's your decision.

    - - - Updated - - -

    More reading about cvd transmissions after shots:

    Severe breakthrough COVID-19 cases in the SARS-CoV-2 delta (B.1.617.2) variant era
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...306-2/fulltext
    No. You were inferring all you have to do is exercise and eat healthy and you won’t die of Covid. Which is dangerously false.
    cogito ergo doleo

  13. #63
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    12,047
    Spot on.

    To which I would add that "talking" to people is not the same as pressuring them, guilting them or going off on them. I agree that it's important to have civil and respectful discussions with others. But it is equally important to remember that getting vaccinated is a personal choice and that people have every right to make their own decisions and that we need to defend that right.

    I personally believe in vaccinations, but I also believe the government does not have a right to mandate vaccinations and that Ronald Reagan was correct when he said "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"


    UPDATE:

    This beast just will not go away. Dear Lord, what are we to do...

    https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/09/us/ho...gan/index.html

    https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/10/us/la...rge/index.html



    Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    Sadly, these are kind of the real facts about Covid and politics at the moment:

    Vaccinated

    Trump and every living U.S. President
    All 50 state governors (Republicans and Democrats)
    All members of Congress
    Every Fox news host and guest
    96% of physicians
    78% of the U.S. military
    72% of the eligible U.S. population

    Unvaccinated

    Over 99% of everyone currently dying from Covid

    And sadder still, if (and when) Republicans come back into political power, a good 70% of their supporters who have denied the vaccine this whole time will finally get it after the Republicans take control of all promotion for it. Quite simply, there are a lot of simple minds who won't take anything if it's given to them from the wrong hand - whether it is good or bad for them. Even in the San Francisco/Bay Area, there were plenty of people on the left who weren't going to take any concoction that Trump was going to come up with if his "Operation Warp Speed" idea actually produced a vaccine of some sort while he was president. And it's the same with Biden and the right with the current vaccines available now.

    It is what it is, and anyone that wants to find examples of why/how the current vaccination is no good, they'll only ever be able to find the exception and never the majority. So, again, be safe, be fair, and mostly, be respectful to each other is all that anyone can ask.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; December 10, 2021 at 02:53pm.

  14. #64
    Heroic Warrior UsernameMDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    No. You were inferring all you have to do is exercise and eat healthy and you won’t die of Covid. Which is dangerously false.
    Not true, especially since we know that the shots do not prevent death (C. Powell & more). My whole angle, in all of this, is to gauge the margin of benefits one gets from taking the shots and being realistic about the effect of those benefits. Neither the shots nor nutrition and exercise are a magic talisman, nor is Ivermectin nor HCQ nor Facebook profile pic frames. For me, and everyone else on the planet, being healthy and developing and maintaining healthy habits is FAR better against cvd (and everything else) than being obese.

    Statistically speaking, being healthy to begin with gives you a better benefit OVERALL than getting the shots and being unhealthy, especially if you were previously infected.

    In fact, infection/recovery & infection/recovery/shots is more effective than no infection/shots.

    Comparison of waning COVID-19 immunity between vaccinated and infected individuals
    https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...dividuals.aspx

    The results corroborate an earlier Israeli study showing the superiority of hybrid or natural immunity to uninfected vaccine-induced immunity after two doses. Interestingly, though the number of severe infections was relatively low, it does not seem that protection following double vaccination is higher than natural immunity following infection, at 3-6 months.
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I personally believe in vaccinations, but I also believe the government does not have a right to mandate vaccinations and that Ronald Reagan was correct when he said "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"
    I used to have a shirt that said that with a pic of federal agents on the roof of the Branch Davidian compound.
    Last edited by UsernameMDM; December 10, 2021 at 02:58pm.

  15. #65
    Outlaw Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Monroe, LA
    Posts
    6,403
    Ah, well. I availed myself of the available vaccines. I do not feel bad for having done so. Not sure why anyone should.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

    "Where the sun comes up about 10 in the morning
    And the sun goes down about 3 in day
    Where you fill your cup with whatever bitter brew you're drinking
    And you spend your life thinking about how to get away."
    - Darrell Scott, "You'll never leave Harlan alive"

  16. #66
    Heroic Warrior UsernameMDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    Ah, well. I availed myself of the available vaccines. I do not feel bad for having done so. Not sure why anyone should.
    And you shouldn't.

    And that's the point: no one should feel bad for getting the shots or not. No one should be pressured, shamed, or bullied either way.
    Last edited by UsernameMDM; December 10, 2021 at 03:12pm.

  17. #67
    Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    7,542
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    And you shouldn't.

    And that's the point: no one should feel bad for getting the shots or not. No one should be pressured, shamed, or bullied either way.
    No, stupidity should be marginalized.

  18. #68
    Heroic Warrior UsernameMDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    No, stupidity should be marginalized.
    Exactly. That's why I speak up with facts and data.

  19. #69
    Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    7,542
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    Exactly. That's why I speak up with facts and data.
    That would be funny if it was not so spectacularly stupid.

  20. #70
    Heroic Warrior UsernameMDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    That would be funny if it was not so spectacularly stupid.

  21. #71
    Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    No, I am basing it on the numbers provided by the CDC. My age range + current health = 99%+ survivability.
    That's irrelevant and has nothing to do with what I stated. You still don't know how you'd react to it if you got it. Why take the risk, is what I'm inferring. If you're going to go by what the CDC says, great. Because they are saying the same thing I am. Seems that you're picking and choosing which facts from the CDC you'll listen to.



    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    And much more are not. I would say that most 'young people' weather cvd just fine. See the charts I provided on the previous page from the CDC.
    And so what? So the people who ARE getting sick and dying don't matter?



    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    This argument never, ever made sense to me. If you are scared of getting sick/hospitalized/death, get the shots. Don't worry about everyone else.
    Don't worry about everyone else? That's exactly how the thing spreads. A large portion of people don't care about others so they do whatever they want without regard to CDC recommendation. What a selfish approach.



    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    Are we really doing this argument?
    No. Because there is nothing to argue. I didn't say it was "like the flu" as you bolded and underlined. Did you not see the word "shot" inserted? It is currently generally understood that the Covid vaccine will most likely become a yearly vaccine just like the flu SHOT. Did you see the word that time? Next time use the entire phrase instead of the part you picked and chose, champ. You seem to do that a lot.



    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    Also, I wonder if the cvd will turn into seasonal shots.
    And here you seem to get it....hmmmm....



    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    I'm not refuting the shots. It's proven time and time again to help against cvd, but not stop/prevent it the contraction and transmission of it. In my eyes, there is just not a high enough benefit for me to take the shots.
    And getting the shots is entirely up to you. With this mentality, however, more mutations will occur and we'll have to keep creating new solutions.



    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    If someone is basing their decision on whether or not to get the shots on a politician or talking head, they should reconsider that strategy.
    And that's the most accurate thing you've said about the topic, lol. So true.

    -Johnny C

  22. #72
    Heroic Warrior UsernameMDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    That's irrelevant and has nothing to do with what I stated. You still don't know how you'd react to it if you got it. Why take the risk, is what I'm inferring. If you're going to go by what the CDC says, great. Because they are saying the same thing I am. Seems that you're picking and choosing which facts from the CDC you'll listen to.
    Data, irrelevant? Why take the risk? Because there's virtually NOT ONE for me. Seriously, I feel like a broken record. For my individual situation, according the the data, getting the shots will have a POSSIBLE fractional benefit. The shots also carry a risk of blood clots, heart problems, and now neurological syndromes:

    Neurological complications after first dose of COVID-19 vaccines and SARS-CoV-2 infection
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01556-7

    And so what? So the people who ARE getting sick and dying don't matter?
    Keep waving that bloody shirt. The point is that people, Left, Right, and Center HIGHLY overestimate the dangers of cvd to unvaccinated individuals. I wonder why...

    U.S. Adults' Estimates of COVID-19 Hospitalization Risk
    https://news.gallup.com/opinion/gall...tion-risk.aspx

    In August, Gallup surveyed over 3,000 U.S. adults on their understanding of the likelihood of hospitalization after contracting COVID-19 among those who have versus have not been vaccinated. The results show that most Americans overstate the risk of hospitalization for both groups: 92% overstate the risk that unvaccinated people will be hospitalized, and 62% overstate the risk for vaccinated people. At the same time, U.S. adults are fairly accurate at estimating the effectiveness of vaccines at preventing hospitalization, with the median respondent putting it at 80%.
    Don't worry about everyone else? That's exactly how the thing spreads. A large portion of people don't care about others so they do whatever they want without regard to CDC recommendation. What a selfish approach.
    That's all I can say about that. I need to get the shots to protect the people that already got the shots. If that doesn't tell you something...

    No. Because there is nothing to argue. I didn't say it was "like the flu" as you bolded and underlined. Did you not see the word "shot" inserted? It is currently generally understood that the Covid vaccine will most likely become a yearly vaccine just like the flu SHOT. Did you see the word that time? Next time use the entire phrase instead of the part you picked and chose, champ. You seem to do that a lot.
    Point being that not too long ago, if someone compared cvd to the flu, in anyway, shape, or form, they would have been shouted down quickly, and yet, here we are...

    And here you seem to get it....hmmmm....
    That's where I've always been. Welcome to reality.

    And getting the shots is entirely up to you. With this mentality, however, more mutations will occur and we'll have to keep creating new solutions.
    Thanks for the permission and good luck with your boosters.

    And that's the most accurate thing you've said about the topic, lol. So true.

    -Johnny C
    Because it's true, with just about everything in life.

  23. #73
    Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    Data, irrelevant? Why take the risk? Because there's virtually NOT ONE for me. Seriously, I feel like a broken record. For my individual situation, according the the data, getting the shots will have a POSSIBLE fractional benefit. The shots also carry a risk of blood clots, heart problems, and now neurological syndromes:

    Neurological complications after first dose of COVID-19 vaccines and SARS-CoV-2 infection
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01556-7



    Keep waving that bloody shirt. The point is that people, Left, Right, and Center HIGHLY overestimate the dangers of cvd to unvaccinated individuals. I wonder why...

    U.S. Adults' Estimates of COVID-19 Hospitalization Risk
    https://news.gallup.com/opinion/gall...tion-risk.aspx





    That's all I can say about that. I need to get the shots to protect the people that already got the shots. If that doesn't tell you something...



    Point being that not too long ago, if someone compared cvd to the flu, in anyway, shape, or form, they would have been shouted down quickly, and yet, here we are...



    That's where I've always been. Welcome to reality.



    Thanks for the permission and good luck with your boosters.



    Because it's true, with just about everything in life.
    Whoa, bud.... You really didn't comprehend much of what I said. I don't see what the point of replying to you here if you're going to keep bending my words. Let me just give one example: When I stated that the Covid vaccine was going to be a yearly shot just like the flu shot, you said I was comparing the flu with Covid, which was vastly false. I then explained it to you again and you said something about comparing the flu to Covid. What part is not coming through clearly? I'm taking about a vaccine. Not a virus. Man.

    So that's where I bow out with ya. Your way of thinking seems quite dangerous. Tell all the hospital workers working with full beds your philosophy. To quote another forum member: "stupidity should be marginalized."

    Ciao!

    -Johnny C
    Last edited by JohnnyC; December 13, 2021 at 07:03pm.

  24. #74
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    7,985
    It's a testament to my desire to do the right thing in getting the vaccines as I generally HATE needles and would ordinarily avoid them at all costs!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  25. #75
    Heroic Warrior King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    6,676
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    Exactly. That's why I speak up with facts and data.
    I have never seen someone use so much "data and facts" and yet come to such incorrect conclusions.
    cogito ergo doleo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •