Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 70

Thread: Transformers Kingdom WFC Trilogy

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior Reviews2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Fright zone
    Posts
    627

    Transformers Kingdom WFC Trilogy

    This I made this thread is for the toyline and the series. I think the toyline has been pretty good, as for...the...show...it...wasn't...great. To be brief on both, the toyline has qc issues but the engineering of on average figure gives me exactly what I want out of a Transformer. For the show I appreciate alot of the ideas and darker tone but overall execution was it's biggest fault.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,328
    It has a great looking Dinobot figure (in robot mode at least).

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,168
    I like the designs of the Transformers and they made some good toys in the War For Cybertron line...but the shows are pretty awful overall.
    The voice acting is terrible and the writing of the series even worse.
    Although it's still better the Combiner Wars, Titans Return and Power of the Primes series.

  4. #4
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    This I made this thread is for the toyline and the series. I think the toyline has been pretty good, as for...the...show...it...wasn't...great. To be brief on both, the toyline has qc issues but the engineering of on average figure gives me exactly what I want out of a Transformer. For the show I appreciate alot of the ideas and darker tone but overall execution was it's biggest fault.
    Here are the threads I started for the Netflix show:

    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...-Siege-Netflix

    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...ise-on-Netflix

    I didn't create one for Kingdom because, well.... I wasn't enthused at all. I think that it's the worst of the three.

    Here is the trailer:



    It seemed to me that the overall quality took a huge dip, and the story progression was awful. This third arc could have been done in two episodes... three max.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior Reviews2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Fright zone
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Here are the threads I started for the Netflix show:

    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...-Siege-Netflix

    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...ise-on-Netflix

    I didn't create one for Kingdom because, well.... I wasn't enthused at all. I think that it's the worst of the three.

    Here is the trailer:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNSI65vInMo

    It seemed to me that the overall quality took a huge dip, and the story progression was awful. This third arc could have been done in two episodes... three max.
    I thought Kingdom was really just ok. I don't remember the previous series very well but I guess they set my expectations low enough to were the problems with Kingdom didn't bother me as much. I also haven't seen too much of Beast Wars
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,168
    The only really nice thing about Kingdom was that it gave fans something a lot of have wanted to see for decades, the G1 crew fighting alongside the Beast Wars crew.

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    6,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    The only really nice thing about Kingdom was that it gave fans something a lot of have wanted to see for decades, the G1 crew fighting alongside the Beast Wars crew.
    It's too bad that they butchered the BW characters. The character assassination done on this show was worst than what Skir did in Beast Machines...and on par with another NETFLIX show that recently came out. If you are a BW fan I suggest you pass on this and save yourself. I wish I could wipe it's existence from mind.

  8. #8
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    The only really nice thing about Kingdom was that it gave fans something a lot of have wanted to see for decades, the G1 crew fighting alongside the Beast Wars crew.
    I thought that this was an incredible premise... but, horrendous execution.

    And, by the end of the series, nothing was resolved... but, a lot of people were dead.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior Reviews2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Fright zone
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I thought that this was an incredible premise... but, horrendous execution.

    And, by the end of the series, nothing was resolved... but, a lot of people were dead.
    The ending was odd and find it odd that this "trilogy" will keep going. Heard the crew wanted more episodes however Netflix denied, although I will need to fact check this. I guess they got me asking a few questions like, what could Unicron turn Galvatron and Nemesis Prime into, will Megatron change his name, and where was Waspinator during all of this?
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    The ending was odd and find it odd that this "trilogy" will keep going. Heard the crew wanted more episodes however Netflix denied, although I will need to fact check this. I guess they got me asking a few questions like, what could Unicron turn Galvatron and Nemesis Prime into, will Megatron change his name, and where was Waspinator during all of this?
    And Cyclonus?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I thought that this was an incredible premise... but, horrendous execution.

    And, by the end of the series, nothing was resolved... but, a lot of people were dead.
    I completely agree. Such a boring pointless story.
    Siege: Prime blasts the Allspark off Cybertron.
    Earthrise: They look for the Allspark.
    Kingdom: They bring the Allspark back to Cybertron.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    It's too bad that they butchered the BW characters. The character assassination done on this show was worst than what Skir did in Beast Machines...and on par with another NETFLIX show that recently came out. If you are a BW fan I suggest you pass on this and save yourself. I wish I could wipe it's existence from mind.
    Beast Machines is a masterpiece compared ot WFC.

    These so called "writers" basically made 18 episodes with pretty much nothing but talking and little action and barely any story.
    And the oly reason each episode was 20+ minutes long was because of the awful delivery of the the voice acting.

    These writers think they are really skilled enough to tell an over aching story, yet the story they are telling is completely boring and pointless.

    Competent writers can write great one off story episodes and even one off memorable episodes and still include an over arching storyline.

    BTW I have no idea what other Netflix show you could be refering to...

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    It's too bad that they butchered the BW characters. The character assassination done on this show was worst than what Skir did in Beast Machines...and on par with another NETFLIX show that recently came out. If you are a BW fan I suggest you pass on this and save yourself. I wish I could wipe it's existence from mind.
    I don't think the Beast Machine's comparison really applies. Since that was a direct continuation of Beast Wars IE they were actually meant to be the versions of the characters from that show, while Kingdom's version are not.

    Don't get me wrong Kingdom aint looking to hot to me and I likely won't check it out (especially when I have the IDW comic to get Beast Wars stuff from), but I don't really the complaint you are making is necessarily a valid one.
    Last edited by A Dalek; August 1, 2021 at 07:08am.

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior Drakken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Coral Gables, Florida
    Posts
    987
    I finished watching this last night. It was rather "meh" as a series. Of course, now the trilogy is going to become a quadrilogy? The ending was left open.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior Reviews2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Fright zone
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    And Cyclonus?
    I would lol if Nemesis was reformatted into Cyclonus and I guess Galvatron would just have his colors be changed into his toy colors. Also the Cyclonus put for Kingdom was great toy, don't have Galvatron since I'm looking for one with proper shoulders.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    I would lol if Nemesis was reformatted into Cyclonus and I guess Galvatron would just have his colors be changed into his toy colors. Also the Cyclonus put for Kingdom was great toy, don't have Galvatron since I'm looking for one with proper shoulders.
    I have heard a lot of people mention an issue with Galvatron's shoulder's but I have no idea what the problem actually is with the shoulders.

    Cyclonus looks great, I might have to get him...and multiple others.

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior Reviews2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Fright zone
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I have heard a lot of people mention an issue with Galvatron's shoulder's but I have no idea what the problem actually is with the shoulders.

    Cyclonus looks great, I might have to get him...and multiple others.
    The issue is shoulders were misassembled. They sit lower than they should although it doesn't effect functionally much, mostly the aesthetics. There are penalty of tutorials out there on how to fix them but I rather just find one that has them properly assembled.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I have heard a lot of people mention an issue with Galvatron's shoulder's but I have no idea what the problem actually is with the shoulders.

    Cyclonus looks great, I might have to get him...and multiple others.
    I have the Cyclonus figure, it is great.

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    6,202
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    I don't think the Beast Machine's comparison really applies. Since that was a direct continuation of Beast Wars IE they were actually meant to be the versions of the characters from that show, while Kingdom's version are not.
    That point is completely moot and irreleant. They're still the same characters. Would you be fine if G1 Megatron was a sniveling coward that did whatever Starscream told him to do? Of course not. You expect established characters to act a certain way. The BW characters did not here.


    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    ...especially when I have the IDW comic to get Beast Wars stuff from
    YIKES! Let's not even go there. The less said the better about that rabble.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I have heard a lot of people mention an issue with Galvatron's shoulder's but I have no idea what the problem actually is with the shoulders.

    Cyclonus looks great, I might have to get him...and multiple others.
    They're on backwards. You have to remove the arm from the shoulder peg and rotate the shoulder peg 180 degrees so the rounder part ifs facing up and then put the arm back on. The top of the shoulder joint should be rounded like the 2 halves of the shoulder itself. It's a minor error IMO. I was more worried about removing the battle damage from him which was pretty easy compared to some of the other figures.

    Cyclonus is outstanding. Best TF released in years IMO.
    Last edited by Bonehead; August 1, 2021 at 07:05pm.

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    That point is completely moot and irreleant. They're still the same characters. Would you be fine if G1 Megatron was a sniveling coward that did whatever Starscream told him to do? Of course not. You expect established characters to act a certain way. The BW characters did not here.




    YIKES! Let's not even go there. The less said the better about that rabble.
    They really aren't the same. And it's not like wildly different versions of characters are anything new to Transformers or any form of media for that matter. After all Armada's version Starscream was an honourable warrior who was actuary loyal to Megatron. IDW's original version of Megatron was a revolutionary with a sympathetic backstory as oppose to the war lord a lot of other Megatron's are portrayed as. TF Animated (you know considered one of the best TF series) had Optimus Prime as a rookie captain of a mining vessel and not the leader of the Autobots ironically having more in common with Primal than G1 Prime). TF animated Ratchet was a grumpy old man as oppose to his friendly and cheerful G1 counterpart. And that's without going into all the characters who were totally different between the different versions of G1 media back in the day.

    Or to go outside of Transformers, the character you use as your avatar, was completely different to his original comics version.

    As for IDW's Beast Wars comic the only thing I don't like so far is Dinobot, and it's not because he's different to the original in of itself, it's because he's different in a way that is less interesting than the original.

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior Iluvart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    819
    Toys are pretty good, series leaves much to be desired.

    Optimus Prime can't lead, can't fight. Not sure what he's good for.

    Overall, it felt to me like the characters were just pieces / pawns in a game of chess, I didn't get a sense where they had their shining moments (Jetfire was okay I guess).

    It's better than Combiner Wars, but I think that's not saying much.

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    It's better than Combiner Wars, but I think that's not saying much.
    That's not really setting the bar very high. In terms of the voice acting and animation and overall plot it's just slightly better.

  21. #21
    Slave Girl for MOTUC! Jean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,667
    Decided to binge watch the trilogy yesterday, overall I give it a 6. I'm just thankful this wasn't Prime Wars trilogy levels of awfulness. I would like to see a new series set in the future with a crazy conspiracy theory Starscream trying to warn everyone about Unicron's impending arrival though.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

    Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

    No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

    A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,168
    I would really like them to give up on G1 homages and do something new and original like Prime, Armada, Energon, Cybertron and Animated etc.

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I would really like them to give up on G1 homages and do something new and original like Prime, Armada, Energon, Cybertron and Animated etc.
    I don't really see why they can't do both and have the G1 homage stuff and the new takes on the concept, be separate concurrently running lines. Since that's how they had done it for years until fairly recently.

    I'd say the real problem is less stuff like WFC being G1 homages and more stuff like Cyberverse now also being G1 homages. Because that latter is the kind of thing that really should be new and original.

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    282
    Well, love the toys...but the series is such a snooze fest, it's not even funny. From poor pacing to unengaging voice acting, what happened... They clearly had the budget, and the bots look amazing on screen. But I am just about to give up after S3 episode 2. Barely made it through season 1 and 2 but I am going to throw in the towel now. Goes to show that technology does not trump good writing and acting

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    I don't really see why they can't do both and have the G1 homage stuff and the new takes on the concept, be separate concurrently running lines. Since that's how they had done it for years until fairly recently.

    I'd say the real problem is less stuff like WFC being G1 homages and more stuff like Cyberverse now also being G1 homages. Because that latter is the kind of thing that really should be new and original.
    Instead of full on G1 homages with faux parts etc they should focus on new altmodes and robot modes and give more characters realistic vehicle modes. The whole point of the altmodes is to be a disguise.
    As cool a giant Cybertronian jets and cars and robotic dinosaur and apes are they really need to go back to more everyday vehicles etc.
    I would love come Transformers that could change into standard cars, motorbikes, tractors, boats trains, jets, tanks etc.

    As for the cartoons though they need to get some better writers and voice actors because the Combiner Wars Trilogy and the WFC trilogy have both been pretty crap. Although at least those shows did actually have the main characters in it....
    Please Hasbro don't hire Kevin Smith to do a Transformers show.

    BTW for anyone in the UK Smuths currently have a lot of the WFC Kingdom, Earthrise and Netflix Transformers on sale.
    Last edited by Mark M; August 3, 2021 at 07:15am.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •