Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx Havoc Staff

Mega Construx Havoc Staff

So, was just browsing a Mega Construx Facebook page, and spotted a link someone had posted to this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VCG8XPK...eDGCPDEEg1t9QI

Interesting direction to take, hopefully we'll see other new products popping up soon!
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Heroic Warrior
    Why do they not announce this stuff? It just goes up for stealth sale? Probably bought up by scalpers.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

There's no way you could hold stuff built with mega like that. It would fall apart. I love the stuff, but the stuff just isn't play worthy. I'm constantly putting my kids stuff back together.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    It may not have been open for preorders yet. It shows a release date of November 1.

On another note, though, I wish the regular mega construx bulk sets came with that color purple. There's lots of lavender, but nothing this dark.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    There's no way you could hold stuff built with mega like that. It would fall apart. I love the stuff, but the stuff just isn't play worthy. I'm constantly putting my kids stuff back together.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Their Halo Energy Sword could actually be wielded around. I assume not swinging it full strength, but easily held.
    Here's a video example of that with it being lightly swung (JangBRICKS review of the Energy Sword): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U31u...nel=JANGBRiCKS

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash109 View Post
    Why do they not announce this stuff? It just goes up for stealth sale? Probably bought up by scalpers.
    The Mega Construx team doesn't seem to mind that much.
    If this was already up for sale on Amazon, I am deeply disappointed. A roleplay Havoc Staff isn't something I'd want to keep around, but I'd build it to appreciate the build techniques, then take it apart with a brick separator and use the bricks for Snake Mountain or something.

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    It may not have been open for preorders yet. It shows a release date of November 1.
    I was able to get a pre-order in before it sold out. Still prefer more mini-figures, but this type of release is better than the Battle Cat model for me.

Heroic Warrior
    How did you even know it was going up for sale to get an order in?

How did you even know it was going up for sale to get an order in?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/megaconstruxmotu

Heroic Warrior
    Oooo... that's nice... Might get two or three depending on the price

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    Oooo... that's nice... Might get two or three depending on the price

It was $59.99

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    I agree, I wish I knew this before I built my CG and I would have glued it as I went.

Or it was put up early on accident and it was never on sale yet. No sense to think scalpers bought everything or you'd see them all over ebay.

They were prob waiting for powercon to announce it and amazon got a bit ahead of things.
    cogito ergo doleo

Heroic Warrior
    This is pretty annoying. I need lots of purple pieces for a few builds, and purple is extremely hard to come by so I would like to have at least one of these just for parts. I'm annoyed by the price and the sell out. Just annoying. Why does it seem that every move is a mistake these days?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    This is pretty annoying. I need lots of purple pieces for a few builds, and purple is extremely hard to come by so I would like to have at least one of these just for parts. I'm annoyed by the price and the sell out. Just annoying. Why does it seem that every move is a mistake these days?
    It doesn't seem like it was ever actually up for sale.
    cogito ergo doleo

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    It was $59.99
    Ouch... but... depending on the piece count, maybe that isn't so bad...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    It doesn't seem like it was ever actually up for sale.
    ??? Didn't someone here say they ordered it successfully? It was just a false start I guess?

Still disappointed at the price.

To Kevin and the guys at Mattel, we can build our own vehicles and playsets, if the line fails, but we can't make our own figures.

Heroic Warrior
    ??? Didn't someone here say they ordered it successfully? It was just a false start I guess?
    Yeah, some people are saying they ordered it successfully. The rest of us are out of luck indefinitely.
    Just like I'm one of the lucky few people who placed an Amazon pre-order for MotU Heroes Wave 3 in time, and now they're for sale nowhere for the foreseeable future.

Well, well. Work a 12 hour day and miss all the excitement. This is pretty cool. So a Power Sword is in our future? Would love to order this if they make any more. I sure hope this isnít how the line is going to be from now on- no announcements and instant sell outs.

On the plus side, my wave 3 figures have a date of September 12 now. I sure hope thatís for real and not just a date that I get a set of Halo figures.

Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    Yeah, some people are saying they ordered it successfully. The rest of us are out of luck indefinitely.
    Just like I'm one of the lucky few people who placed an Amazon pre-order for MotU Heroes Wave 3 in time, and now they're for sale nowhere for the foreseeable future.
    Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen anyone, anywhere, say they actually were able to order it, have confirmation, and a ship date?

It seems like a bit of hyperbole that people are out of luck indefinitely. You really think that this would just be thrown up, for less than a day, and then never released anymore?

The wave 3 was up for order for at least a month.
    cogito ergo doleo

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen anyone, anywhere, say they actually were able to order it, have confirmation, and a ship date?
    rexerm said he got one in comment #7. Not sure about the confirmation and shipping date though.

It seems like a bit of hyperbole that people are out of luck indefinitely. You really think that this would just be thrown up, for less than a day, and then never released anymore?
    The doom-and-gloom faction here do love their hyperbole. I think it's pretty obvious it will come back for sale. Likely, as others have suggested, Amazon jumped the gun and posted it earlier than they should've.

rexerm said he got one in comment #7. Not sure about the confirmation and shipping date though.
    Still not cancelled and Amazon says: "Arriving Wed, Nov 3"

Heroic Warrior
    I try not to get doom and gloom but I keep missing out on mega construx, haha.

I really want that wave 3 set. That's the big one that I have no idea how I ever missed it.

I remember the same thing happened when the Battle Cat set was put on Amazon. It was unavailable for quite some time and then it was available to order. It is still in stock on Amazon too.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl View Post
    I remember the same thing happened when the Battle Cat set was put on Amazon. It was unavailable for quite some time and then it was available to order. It is still in stock on Amazon too.
    That's reassuring. Really just hoping to get this stuff by Christmas. My oldest son is into it pretty hardcore as of about 3 months. I finally scored a Grayskull a couple weeks back for MSRP. So I'm really just looking to beef up his collection with some figures. Managed to snag all the skulls. Can't find wave 1 figures anywhere though. Got my hands on wave 2.

I've accepted he'll never get battle bones or some of the wave 1 guys like stratos or prince Adam. I refuse to pay scalpers at all.