Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx Havoc Staff

Iím sorta guessing this was supposed to be announced at PowerCon and Amazon let the page go live on accident

Master of Mega Construx
    Hypothetically, the Havoc Staff may or may not be a 2022 set that may or may not be previewed at Power-Con...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_MCX View Post
    Hypothetically, the Havoc Staff may or may not be a 2022 set that may or may not be previewed at Power-Con...

Thank you for always coming in here and sharing your insights even though we can be a salty bunch sometimes. Really looking forward to what may come!

Heroic Warrior

You released two retail construction sets for 2021: Battle Ram with two figures at the beginning of the year and an out-of-scale Battle Cat this summer with no figures, as well as some sort of online/convention exclusive "Battle Labbit" with no figures.
    Hypothetically, is this the size and type of construction sets we can expect for 2022? The Havoc Staff and one vehicle that includes figures?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    rexerm said he got one in comment #7. Not sure about the confirmation and shipping date though.
    thanks, missed that one.

- - - Updated - - -

and there we go. Amazon jumped the gun, ruining the reveal.
    cogito ergo doleo

Pre-order is currently available for this Amazon exclusive. I just ordered one, ships November 1.
    --- HERB HAZELTON passed away on 12-24-02 after a long illness. Since 1964 he worked as head model designer & layout artist for Cathedral Films, Filmation, Ruby-Spears, Hanna-Barbera, New World, Universal, Adelaide & DreamWorks. His credits included The Batman/Superman Hour, Star Trek: TAS, He-Man, and She-Ra. Rest in peace and God bless, Uncle Herb. (See his self portrait drawing in my avatar)---

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelton View Post
    Pre-order is currently available for this Amazon exclusive. I just ordered one, ships November 1.
    Iím really looking forward to this one! It was really impressive in person at PowerCon.

Was it actually confirmed that the Havoc Staff was Amazon exclusive? I don't recall hearing that.

Edit: Oh, it says that on Amazon.com. Was looking at Amazon.ca, with no mention of it. https://www.amazon.ca/Mega-Construx-...&s=toys&sr=1-1
    $90CAD is a fair bit.

A bit more expensive than I expected, but still cheaper than a LEGO equivalent would be. Way too awesome not to pre-order, in any case! I'll have to cancel a couple of other pre-orders that are due to hit around that time to make room for it in my budget, but it's worth it. I don't think I'll be using that little name plate, though.

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    I can't decide if I want this or not. If I do, its not to make the staff, but just the head. I'm thinking it might look good and made into some kind of throne. Anyone know how many pieces it is supposed to have?

Quote Originally Posted by King Daddy Bo-Hog View Post
    I can't decide if I want this or not. If I do, its not to make the staff, but just the head. I'm thinking it might look good and made into some kind of throne. Anyone know how many pieces it is supposed to have?
    740 (739 minus that printed tile). They also mentioned that the head is detachable, so that should suit your needs conveniently.

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agranymere View Post
    740 (739 minus that printed tile). They also mentioned that the head is detachable, so that should suit your needs conveniently.
    Awesome, thanks! For so many pieces that's not really a bad price at all. Might have to get one!

Quote Originally Posted by King Daddy Bo-Hog View Post
    Awesome, thanks! For so many pieces that's not really a bad price at all. Might have to get one!
    It is! Good rule of thumb is Lego charges $0.10 per piece, so their staff would be $74ish.

Quote Originally Posted by rexerm View Post
    It is! Good rule of thumb is Lego charges $0.10 per piece, so their staff would be $74ish.
    yup, anything lego that has a piece count of less than .10 a brick is a good buy.
    cogito ergo doleo

So when will they make a full size model of He-Man's sword? They could also include pieces to add the jewel to make She-Ra's sword instead.

I almost want to get this just to have plenty of purple bricks that I expect to need for expansioni of a future Snake Mountain set.

Amazon had me approve a delay on my order of the Havoc Staff, which is what I was expecting.

During the Power-Con MC panel, it was stated these products would be available in Spring of 2022. Yet, Amazon and BBTS are listing them coming in November.

I doubt these will be available before 2021 ends.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl View Post
    Amazon had me approve a delay on my order of the Havoc Staff, which is what I was expecting.

During the Power-Con MC panel, it was stated these products would be available in Spring of 2022. Yet, Amazon and BBTS are listing them coming in November.

I doubt these will be available before 2021 ends.
    I have not been asked to approve a delay yet, but it was supposed to arrive today and hasn't moved. Probably will get delayed soon.

In the toy world, "Spring 2022" doesn't actually mean Spring 2022. They also said Wave 7 of Origins was Spring 2022 and those are showing up at stores in some parts of the U.S..

Last year, the Mega Battle Ram was "Spring 2021," and I was able to pick up two of them in December 2020.

My Havoc Staff was delayed today as well

Maybe it's been this way for a while, but I just noticed that Amazon's Havoc Staff page no longer says "Amazon Exclusive." Maybe other places will get this after all.

Heroic Warrior
    Mine says it's now set to deliver on February 15-16.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

My order of 2 says its arriving January 24th. Nice to see these finally coming!

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    Iím really curious what you need 2 of these for? Opening one and keeping one boxed?

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Iím really curious what you need 2 of these for? Opening one and keeping one boxed?
    One for me to build and one for the kids. They are way more into construction sets than MOTU, so the Mega line is a big win for everyone.

One for me to build and one for the kids. They are way more into construction sets than MOTU, so the Mega line is a big win for everyone.
    Oh thatís cool. My little boy is still a bit too young for these Ö. And despite a lot of prompting from me, he still has virtually no interest in MotU

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Did they email you that update, or is it on your order page? I also have 2 (one for me, one for my 21 year old Lego obsessed nephew) on order from October 4th but still says "temporarily out of stock, We are working hard to be back in stock as soon as possible."
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!