Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Old Teela vs. Revelation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Sarah Michelle Gellar is probably the most miscast voice in the show. It doesn't quite fit.
    She will always be Buffy.

Sarah Michelle Gellar is probably the most miscast voice in the show. It doesn't quite fit.
    Yeah, and it doesn't seem like she really tried to do anything different with her voice.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    She will always be Buffy.
    That's always the trouble with casting pop-culture icons for voice acting gigs...

Many of us have a hard time turning off the Buffy and Joker vibes.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

It's pretty cool that they got Sarah Michelle Gellar for Teela but I think someone like Tara Strong would have been better for Teela.

Yes, she was horribly miscast in this. She has such a tiny voice, it was hard to imagine it coming out of the hulking new design for Revelations Teela. Also, SMG sounds like a valley girl, which would be the opposite of a battle honed warrior Goddess.

Everything about this horrible version of Teela was just wrong and ugly. I wouldn't mind if they killed this version off in the next five episodes, or just turn her into Green Goddess with a neutral personality.

Why on earth didn’t they base the new look Teela on a contest ready Gina Corano? Obviously one of the best female fighters on the planet, strong yet still feminine….oh that’s probably why.

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    It kind of crosses his mind in the episode " robotos gambit " , not the comic you're referring to though . In that it's evil Lynn who's plotting to overthrow skeletor , trapjaws onside , and she THINKS triklops is her ally but he's actually feeding skeletor all the info about her plans .

Bloody hell , look at us , sidelining teela in her own thread

Sent from my AGS2-L09 using Tapatalk
    In the comic didn't Tri-Klops say about "his time will come" and evil-Lyn say something about not waiting but actually doing something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Why on earth didn’t they base the new look Teela on a contest ready Gina Corano? Obviously one of the best female fighters on the planet, strong yet still feminine….oh that’s probably why.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...abf594dfe8.jpg
    Allegedly Teela's look is inspired by Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman and Korra....

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Yes, she was horribly miscast in this. She has such a tiny voice, it was hard to imagine it coming out of the hulking new design for Revelations Teela. Also, SMG sounds like a valley girl, which would be the opposite of a battle honed warrior Goddess.
    Yeah, I never even watched Buffy, so I don't think about that show when watching. The voice just seems like a mismatch with animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    In the comic didn't Tri-Klops say about "his time will come" and evil-Lyn say something about not waiting but actually doing something.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is nonsense. Neither of them are muscular. Good try spin machine. Try again.(not you Mark, I know these aren't your words) and Gadot has long, feminine hair. Come to think of it, Gadot is a very attractive woman, yet it didn't help WW84. People still mostly hated it. So I guess we don't base our opinions on women in media solely on their looks.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I never even watched Buffy, so I don't think about that show when watching. The voice just seems like a mismatch with animation.
    Same here. My displeasure with SMG's performance is all about how bad a job she did.

Also, she could have changed her voice some. I just can't hear any evidence that she even tried to do a good job with this role.
    Last edited by jibernish; August 4, 2021 at 07:29am.

I heard smith say that “Supergirls gay sister” from the CW show was the basis of their character design for her.

Which I can totally see

I heard smith say that “Supergirls gay sister” from the CW show was the basis of their character design for her.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...0bde446aba.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...1ef5f43a6f.jpg

Which I can totally see
    That is definitely a lot more believable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Which is nonsense. Neither of them are muscular. Good try spin machine. Try again.(not you Mark, I know these aren't your words) and Gadot has long, feminine hair. Come to think of it, Gadot is a very attractive woman, yet it didn't help WW84. People still mostly hated it. So I guess we don't base our opinions on women in media solely on their looks.
    I really have no idea where the media spin machine came up with that. Especially since a lot of people criticized Gadot physique for not being muscular enough for Wonder Woman.

I really have no idea where the media spin machine came up with that. Especially since a lot of people criticized Gadot physique for not being muscular enough for Wonder Woman.
    Yeah, I don't know why Netflix put out such a blatantly, verifiably false statement.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Yeah, I don't know why Netflix put out such a blatantly, verifiably false statement.
    I think it was an attempt to address the criticism of Teela's character model as too "masculine", however I think they are being disingenuous. They obviously modeled her after Cara Dune (Gina Carano), but to stay PC, they couldn't have a controversial figure like Gina be the basis for the main hero of the series.

I can buy Evil Lyn being modeled after the Korra designs, but Teela is clearly not modeled after Gal Gadot, or any version of Wonder Woman that exists.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...abf594dfe8.jpg
    What do you mean she quit after losing a fight
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    But she has a win loss record of 7-1.

But she has a win loss record of 7-1.
    Correct but she lost her last fight.

Technically she'd gone 12-1-1 as a Muay Thai fighter before she got into mixed martial arts. She ended her mixed martial arts career (7-1) basically at the exact time her acting career began.

- - - Updated - - -

So did Mike Tyson.
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Technically she'd gone 12-1-1 as a Muay Thai fighter before she got into mixed martial arts. She ended her mixed martial arts career (7-1) basically at the exact time her acting career began.

- - - Updated - - -

So did Mike Tyson.
    Fair enough

Losing one fight though doesn't really matter when you have an imoressive win loss record.
    As Dice said though her acting career was starting there.
    There was talk of another fight though that ended up no happening.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I think it was an attempt to address the criticism of Teela's character model as too "masculine", however I think they are being disingenuous. They obviously modeled her after Cara Dune (Gina Carano), but to stay PC, they couldn't have a controversial figure like Gina be the basis for the main hero of the series.

I can buy Evil Lyn being modeled after the Korra designs, but Teela is clearly not modeled after Gal Gadot, or any version of Wonder Woman that exists.
    I think you are right in that they are addressing the criticisms. I guess they still think lying is the way to go. They clearly haven't been paying attention to how that worked out for Kevin Smith.

Also, I think they are maybe doing a smoke and mirrors thing. Like how Smith admitted he took on Clownfish's report that Teela was the main character in order to distract audiences from the other leak that happened on the same day, that He-Man was killed in the first episode. So maybe Netflix is trying to distract us here, again. Maybe Andra will become the next He-Man-At-Arms. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    I think a lot of the " bad " voices might be symptomatic of the same actors being used for multiple roles , they probably tried to go to as many different extremes as they could . And even though I'm here waving my 200x flag , I think the music in filmation was , at times , epic, and I still don't think ANY series has bettered the filmation transformation sequence

Edit , just saw " justwannalooks" reply, I must have been typing as you posted

Sent from my AGS2-L09 using Tapatalk
    Here they all are, the 200X one got better in season 2:
    (The 200X one is a mix of Season 1 and 2)

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    and one young, hot, scary, tattooed, breast implanted woman who really liked my new hair way too much. (Had to run)
    Did everyone clap?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
    Did everyone clap?
    A young attractive girl coming on to an older married man? Yeah right, like that could ever happened.

"To a great mind, nothing is little."

Co-Creator of the NV
    A young attractive girl coming on to an older married man? Yeah right, like that could ever happened.

Do I need to get married to get young attractive girls to be interested in me? That might complicate things.. probably best to assume that they don't be interested irrespective of marital status

"Then I said, 'Yeah right, like that could ever happened.'"