Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 110

Thread: Old Teela vs. Revelation Teela

  1. #76
    Widget BB Shockwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    1 you don't need to tear down something a lot of people enjoy to defend something you enjoy .

    2. The impetuous , immature teela of 200x could EASILY become the character we see in revelation

    3 . She's a 16 year old girl here , and the only person I've EVER seen describe her as sexy is you . Twice now in fact

    4. You're watching " the island " . Try watching " the ties that bind " .

    5. There are far less " butt shots " of teela in 200x than filmation , so if this is some kind of hyper feminist sexualisation of characters type issue , you're supporting the wrong show .

    6. Calm down ,Stop being so angry in every post , just enjoy revelation and filmation , it's not a competition .

    Sent from my AGS2-L09 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, my reaction to the first post completely, too.
    Teela is young, brash and has a chip on her shoulders... but each episode she LEARNS.
    Like in Roboto's Gambit where she keeps dismissing the poor robot who tries to help her in defending the castle against Tri-Klops' self-replicating skeleton beast army, and at the end cries over Roboto's body realizing she was too quick to jump to conclusions and judge him (of course, though, Duncan rebuilt him, so she apologizes for reals).
    In many episodes Teela likes to tease and push Adam around, but it is a friendly thing - friends do that a lot too. No hard feelings. Sometimes she goes too far and then Adam does make her know this. However, she mostly does this when Adam seems to always run away or be a coward, and he cannot really tell her he is He-Man...
    I am fairly sure 2002 Teela (why do people call it 200X? It was released in 2002 no?) would not have thrown accusations in the face of her king while he is mourning his son. In fact, we even had an episode where Sorceress gave her a blood transfusion and she demanded to learn more about her after it gave her mind reading powers and she felt something more was kept from her... but she did not push further when Sorceress made it clear she cannot tell her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    If you dislike it so much, why try it again? You know your tastes - you won't suddenly enjoy it now.

    Trust me, I've tried it with Filmation and it just doesn't work.
    Same here, I try to watch Babylon 5 every few years because I hear so much good about it, and I am a Trekkie, I even watched similar shows like Space 1999 or Andromeda... but I cannot stand the characters all being so unlikeable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
    I totally agree with your sentiments.

    Instead of watching The Island, give The Price of Deceit or Out of the Past another crack. I really don’t understand why you want to slam the 200x cartoon. Almost twenty years later the 200x series along with the action figures IMO are still holding its own. As other posters have pointed out, Teela was a 16 year old girl in the series.
    I am actually rewatching the 2002 show too, after Revelation I needed something good to forget it... and I planned to do it anyway after I was done with the 2003 TMNT. I am halfway into the first season and it is just as good as I remembered.

    Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    Agreed. Filmation Teela is a tough act to follow. Count me in for a Filmation accurate Teela show any time.

    I do enjoy the 200X Series very much but Teela and Triklops were the two big spots where there was room for improvement.
    How??? I get Teela, the Filmation one is a mature woman and far more level-headed while 2002 Teela is hotheaded and impulsive, and prone to teasing. To each their own, I liked both.
    But Tri-Klops??? In Filmation he was like every generic dumb henchman. You could give his lines to any other evil warrior and we could not know the difference.
    In the 2002 show he actually had something only he could do on the team, he was their tech guy, inventing new stuff, spying on the Masters, and usually bearing the brunt of Skeletor's anger when his inventions failed. I loved his really dour personality too, I think of him as the guy stuck at a bad job knowing he cannot hope for anything better in life, but that there is also no chance for promotion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Several fans had issues with him being the tech guy and not Trap Jaw.

    That was the only complaint I ever heard.

    Common complaints regarding 200X were:

    1. Tri-Klops is the tech guy not Trap Jaw.
    But... Trap-Jaw was not the tech guy in the Filmation show, either. In fact he was incredibly dumb there, not someone you'd expect to invent weapons.

    3. Orko's voice actor is painful to listen to.
    Pardon my french, but isn't that kinda what we expect from Orko? That when he talks, we feel like Man-at-Arms, that we wish he would be somewhere else? In that regard I think all three versions - even Revelation - Orkos qualify.

    4. Cringer/Battle Cat not talking.
    That is a double-edged sword... frankly I disliked it for some characters, but boy it did wonders for Snarf in the 2011 Thundercats. And if there is a reboot of Real Ghostbusters, I think most people would not mind Slimer not talking - not after a whole second show where he was the star.... With Cringer I frankly did not mind, because he was a lot like old Snarf, always complaining and being scared, and contributing little. At least in the episodes I saw - and I do admit I saw far more New Adventures than original MOTU so he might have had redeeming qualities. All I know is, I tried watching original Thundercats and the reason I gave up after 13 episodes was mostly Snarf.

    5. Most of the Evil Warriors being reduced to idiots.
    Well... they ARE idiots. The original show was not any kinder to them. In fact, the 2002 show made Tri-Klops a lot smarter than the original was. Mer-Man seems to have his own kingdom in both shows and isn't a complete idiot. The one guy I do admit got the short end of the stick was Whiplash - granted he is not as much dumber in the new show, but gets very little characterization. I did enjoy seeing him suck-up to Skeletor and think he is his new favourite in Two Bad's introduction episode. And Kobra Khan remained a pretty smart villain in both shows, though he did not serve Skeletor for long this time.
    I'd also not count Clawful among those dumbed down, because while he was smart in one Filmation episode... he was then portrayed as dumb in the next, or so I have heard (then again, I know the show often just changed characters in the scripts without rhyme or reason so could be he got a role meant for someone else). I for one found the whole "hillbilly crab people" portrayal of the 2002 show hilarious (plus he looked far better and more crab-like, he was also quite big) - again, shame he never got a toy. Really there should be some kickstarter or petition to Mattel to finish releasing the 2002 characters as toys. It's been 20 years ago almost, surely there would be demand as kids who grew up with it start to feel the nostalgia.

    6. The Sorceress' redesign.
    I loved that egyptian look far more than the more cartoonish "bird mascot" costume, but I understand each has its fans. It's a damn shame the 2002 Sorceress did not get a toy.
    Last edited by BB Shockwave; August 4, 2021 at 04:17pm.

  2. #77
    In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    13,607
    Quote Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
    (why do people call it 200X? It was released in 2002 no?)
    It's because it ran until very early 2004, so they refer to the entire series collectively as 200X.
    ____________________________________________

  3. #78
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,356


    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  4. #79
    Widget BB Shockwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    25
    While I understand people were angry Skeletor got sidelined in season 2... I did not mind because I absolutely love the snake-men. As someone who reads a lot of D&D, they just captured the way Yuan-Ti think perfectly. Stuff like how when Evil-Lyn asks for her reward and King Hiss offers to devour her - as a SINCERE form of reward, with the other snake-men all agreeing it is a great honor (and Kobra Khan breathing a sigh of relief King Hiss did not reward him...) It shows how alien their mindset is compared to most other Eternians. :P
    Had Season 3 happened, Skeletor would have returned in a big way... would have been nice to see. Sigh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    It's because it ran until very early 2004, so they refer to the entire series collectively as 200X.
    I know it ran until then, sure, but I find it odd since many people refer to the Filmation show as "the 1983 show" and not the "198x show" despite that also running for several years.

  5. #80
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,356
    Quote Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
    I know it ran until then, sure, but I find it odd since many people refer to the Filmation show as "the 1983 show" and not the "198x show" despite that also running for several years.
    200X is also referenced as MYP...

    Just like New Adventures is called NA, or sometimes, Jetlag.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  6. #81
    Heroic Warrior Reviews2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Fright zone
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post

    I know it ran until then, sure, but I find it odd since many people refer to the Filmation show as "the 1983 show" and not the "198x show" despite that also running for several years.
    Interesting point although anyone know whether 200X was a fan or official term first?
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

  7. #82
    Widget BB Shockwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    25
    I do agree that they should have chosen someone who can do a better "tough warrior voice" for this version of Teela. Sarah's voice just sounds odd coming from this body, indeed sounds like a cheerleader.
    I do feel Evil-Lyn was worse. Lena Heady sounded like she sounds in Game of Thrones. It was the worst in episode 2 where she is supposed to be masquerading as an old lady, yet did not even try to alter her voice, so the second I heard her speak I was like "Okay, that's Evil-Lyn"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    200X is also referenced as MYP...
    Yeah I had to look that up myself, until I learned it refers to the company who made it (which frankly, I never heard of before).

  8. #83
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,356
    Quote Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
    Yeah I had to look that up myself, until I learned it refers to the company who made it (which frankly, I never heard of before).
    They have done a lot of stuff... but, my favorite is the Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes back when MYP was under the MoonScoop moniker.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  9. #84
    Heroic Warrior ProteinNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    What do you mean she quit after losing a fight
    Are you actually trying to imply a professional fighter who has an incredible win vs lose record in both MMA and Muay Thai isn’t one of the best female fighters on the plant because she lost 1 fight?

  10. #85
    Co-Creator of the NV
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,201
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Are you actually trying to imply a professional fighter who has an incredible win vs lose record in both MMA and Muay Thai isn’t one of the best female fighters on the plant because she lost 1 fight?
    I think it's more along the lines of her stopping after the single loss.

    One of those it's not how often you get knocked down, it's how often you get back up, sorta things.

  11. #86
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I think it's more along the lines of her stopping after the single loss.

    One of those it's not how often you get knocked down, it's how often you get back up, sorta things.
    CM Punk should have stopped after his first loss. Losing is one thing, being humiliated is worse.

  12. #87
    Heroic Warrior ProteinNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I think it's more along the lines of her stopping after the single loss.

    One of those it's not how often you get knocked down, it's how often you get back up, sorta things.
    I don’t get this line of thinking, she lost once and she realised she could make a stupid amount of money acting rather than getting repeatedly hit in the face by other professional fighters….I know which option I’d choose.

    It doesn’t take away that she won WAY more fights than she lost…I’m not even necessarily a GC fan but she is one of the best female fighters we have seen.

  13. #88
    Co-Creator of the NV
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,201
    I think some view it as a matter pertaining to strength of character and determination, while others just look at the decision pragmatically

    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    I don’t get this line of thinking, she lost once and she realised she could make a stupid amount of money acting rather than getting repeatedly hit in the face by other professional fighters….I know which option I’d choose.

    It doesn’t take away that she won WAY more fights than she lost…I’m not even necessarily a GC fan but she is one of the best female fighters we have seen.

  14. #89
    Court Magician Jeremiah2849's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by 80slady View Post
    Trying to give 200x He-Man a second try, and oh, lord, it's a chore.


    So far the plot: Some dude just happened to be Clawful's cousin, and just happened to overhear the fact that Man at Arms was coming to visit. Okkay. And people make fun of Filmation's plots for being ridiculous.


    And then there's Teela. The supposedly kind and empathetic and always nice Teela, who is soooooooooooo different from Revelations Teela, who hurt poor widdle everyone's feelings.


    So far in this episode Teela has:


    1. Directly ignored Duncan's order to let him pilot since she clearly doesn't know what she's doing.
    2. Directly ignored the actual prince's order to do the same.
    3. "No, Teela doesn't know everything, just significantly more than YOU" - to Prince Adam.
    4. Almost crashes and then refuses to take responsibility, stating instead that it was because she was distracted. So she's a petulant brat AND she is incapable of taking responsibility.
    5. Ignores Duncan's calls when they are in dangerous territory, just because she "knows better."
    6. Tells him to "relax, father. There's nothing here."




    Anyway, she's definitely a petulant brat, displays zero consideration for anyone else, and is far worse than Revelation was even at her worse. So the rose colored glasses people have are cute, but not reflective of the actual show.

    But hey, she still has a ~sexy hair cut~ so I'm sure that's what really matters.

    As always, if I were Prince Adam, I certainly wouldn't marry this evil witch. I'd be plotting to throw her in the dungeon as soon as I became king.
    please....

  15. #90
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    These were the common complaints/criticisms.

    I have my own, I agree with some of the above to various degrees, others I don't.

    It's all good. MYP wasn't perfect but I did love it.
    Reason why Skeletor took s back seat to the Snake Men was fine if they were going to Bring Hordak back for season 3 I can see Skeletor coming back

    After all didn't he destroy both of the them in other media after MYP?

    Funny this is the OP has never come back...

  16. #91
    Court Magician Jeremiah2849's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    What do you mean she quit after losing a fight
    She didn’t quit, she retired because she was making more money in Hollywood than she was getting punched in the face for a living. Dana White did everything he could to get her into the UFC, he just couldn’t afford her by that stage in her career.

    It’s funny how all the “strong wahmen” folks are the first ones to dump all over a strong woman.

  17. #92
    Always Hawthorn Viceroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,240
    The sad thing is had the 200x MYP continued for season 3 it was going to be about the Horde. From my understanding the Horde was to take over Castle Grayskull while He-man and the Masters were on the run. It’s a real shame it never received the green light.

  18. #93
    Heroic Warrior davelove81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    a champagne supernova in the sky
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
    The sad thing is had the 200x MYP continued for season 3 it was going to be about the Horde. From my understanding the Horde was to take over Castle Grayskull while He-man and the Masters were on the run. It’s a real shame it never received the green light.
    If there's enough demand , there's no reason why they couldn't continue 200x . Look at the " batman 66 " and " batman 89" comics that dc have recently released ( although , granted , batman is huuuuuge compared to Motu " . )

    I do think one of motus major problems though , is that it's a toyline first , and all other media is just there to sell the toyline , when there's no reason at all why it couldn't exist as an animated universe , a comic series , a video game franchise and everything else at different points in time , even when there's no toyline to sell .so much potential, Hundreds of unique characters with thousands of epic stories waiting to be told .

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

  19. #94
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
    The sad thing is had the 200x MYP continued for season 3 it was going to be about the Horde. From my understanding the Horde was to take over Castle Grayskull while He-man and the Masters were on the run. It’s a real shame it never received the green light.
    Yep that's what I Heard it would have been awesome!

  20. #95
    Co-Creator of the NV
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
    The sad thing is had the 200x MYP continued for season 3 it was going to be about the Horde. From my understanding the Horde was to take over Castle Grayskull while He-man and the Masters were on the run. It’s a real shame it never received the green light.
    I'd like Kevin Smith to get a second season and make this story

  21. #96
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,741
    Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    If there's enough demand , there's no reason why they couldn't continue 200x . Look at the " batman 66 " and " batman 89" comics that dc have recently released ( although , granted , batman is huuuuuge compared to Motu " . )

    I do think one of motus major problems though , is that it's a toyline first , and all other media is just there to sell the toyline , when there's no reason at all why it couldn't exist as an animated universe , a comic series , a video game franchise and everything else at different points in time , even when there's no toyline to sell .so much potential, Hundreds of unique characters with thousands of epic stories waiting to be told .

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    See that's the problem the toy line tanked so they got rid of EVERYTHING along with it...sad

  22. #97
    Always Hawthorn Viceroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,240
    Furthermore had season 2 continued Man at Arms was to permanently become a member of the Snakemen. Man at Arms began creating all these weird and wonderful machines for King Hsss. Then we have the introduction to MYP of Clamp Champ who takes over the role of Man at Arms. The kicker is the Sorceress was slowly dying from her fight with King Hsss and this created the opening for Teela to take over the role from the Sorceress…….. if only we received this outcome….

  23. #98
    Heroic Warrior MJOLNIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,587
    Quote Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post

    How??? I get Teela, the Filmation one is a mature woman and far more level-headed while 2002 Teela is hotheaded and impulsive, and prone to teasing. To each their own, I liked both.
    But Tri-Klops??? In Filmation he was like every generic dumb henchman. You could give his lines to any other evil warrior and we could not know the difference.
    In the 2002 show he actually had something only he could do on the team, he was their tech guy, inventing new stuff, spying on the Masters, and usually bearing the brunt of Skeletor's anger when his inventions failed. I loved his really dour personality too, I think of him as the guy stuck at a bad job knowing he cannot hope for anything better in life, but that there is also no chance for promotion.
    Sorry, bad segue on my part mentioning Filmation Teela then jumping to Triklops without clarifying. You are right the Filmation Triklops was total oaf. I forget that not everyone is a Mini comic guy. I should have been clearer. My little brother had Triklops when he first came out in 83. In that mini comic he was sort of an equivalent of an evil Conan with his fancy head gear. I always felt that the mini comic Triklops was the only Evil Warrior who could give He-Man a challenge in a one on one duel. The tech wizard guy was a complete 180 from the Trik that I have in my head. A silent, skilled, strong, stoic warrior who lacked the moral compass to be a hero.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
    The sad thing is had the 200x MYP continued for season 3 it was going to be about the Horde. From my understanding the Horde was to take over Castle Grayskull while He-man and the Masters were on the run. It’s a real shame it never received the green light.
    Agreed. That teaser of the Horde in that one episode left me wanting so much more. Such a shame they cut the series short.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    MJolnir may be like myself, wanting a mini-comic Tri-Klops the demon hunter! The one that defeated Beast-man, Battle-Cat, Ram-man, and Teela in the same day.
    YES! My Man! I am an old school mini comic guy.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Right there with you. I would love a miniseries about her. Linda Gary portrayed so much just in the quality of her voice. SMG, man, I don't know what that was. That wasn't even a performance most of the time.
    Agreed. Linda Gary and the writing staff did a great job with the character. I don't blame SMG for the current incarnation short comings completely. I felt that all of the dialogue was pretty terrible, as was most of the writing in Revelations. Everything felt borrowed or that that I recognized everything from somewhere else. I couldn't give you specifics but the writing felt, unoriginal and hackneyed. The dialogue most of all. I don't think SMG had much to work with.

  24. #99
    Heroic Warrior davelove81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    a champagne supernova in the sky
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    Sorry, bad segue on my part mentioning Filmation Teela then jumping to Triklops without clarifying. You are right the Filmation Triklops was total oaf. I forget that not everyone is a Mini comic guy. I should have been clearer. My little brother had Triklops when he first came out in 83. In that mini comic he was sort of an equivalent of an evil Conan with his fancy head gear. I always felt that the mini comic Triklops was the only Evil Warrior who could give He-Man a challenge in a one on one duel. The tech wizard guy was a complete 180 from the Trik that I have in my head. A silent, skilled, strong, stoic warrior who lacked the moral compass to be a hero.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Agreed. That teaser of the Horde in that one episode left me wanting so much more. Such a shame they cut the series short.
    I loved the mini comics version of triklops ( although I still prefer the 200x tech guy )

    Did you ever read trikes " icons of evil " one shot origin from MVC comic's? It's actually not my favourite comic , but it DOES somewhat take the character back to his swordsman roots . In it , he protects a tech master type character from a group of bandits , and is blinded by a magic spell ( although the characters Already blindfolded before this ) anyway , he becomes the tech master's bodyguard and eventually faces off against an invading keldor . It's a good issue to bridge the mini comic version to the 200x version ,it has all the swordsman skills in it as well as the origin of his visor and an explanation of how he becomes skeletors tech guy

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

  25. #100
    Heroic Warrior MJOLNIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,587
    Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    I loved the mini comics version of triklops ( although I still prefer the 200x tech guy )

    Did you ever read trikes " icons of evil " one shot origin from MVC comic's? It's actually not my favourite comic , but it DOES somewhat take the character back to his swordsman roots . In it , he protects a tech master type character from a group of bandits , and is blinded by a magic spell ( although the characters Already blindfolded before this ) anyway , he becomes the tech master's bodyguard and eventually faces off against an invading keldor . It's a good issue to bridge the mini comic version to the 200x version ,it has all the swordsman skills in it as well as the origin of his visor and an explanation of how he becomes skeletors tech guy

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    Oh cool. Sounds like I may have to pick that up. Appreciate the tip.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •