Thread: Tweeterhead Power-Con Exclusive (Details Coming Soon)

Tweeterhead Power-Con Exclusive (Details Coming Soon)

Tweeterhead just announced that they will be at Power-Con with new reveals and an exclusive for the show!

kpHT5xu.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Tweeterhead just announced that they will be at Power-Con with new reveals and an exclusive for the show!

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...9&d=1628266307

kpHT5xu.jpg
    I'm curious what the reveals will be. Have they done exclusives before? I am new to statues - I haven't bought any but I'm thinking about buying the Tweeterhead Teela. Do they do an add-on to a statue they are already releasing, or is it something completely new?

Although I'm super curious what they will reveal at the show, I think we're going to pass on going this year.
    Tweeterhead Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Heroic Warrior
    Really great to hear that Tweeterhead will be at Power-con this year.
    Excited to see what the exclusive will be and the reveals.
    They have done an amazing job with this line so far.
    This news made me decide to purchase the Minion today

Quote Originally Posted by AlexApprobation View Post
    Although I'm super curious what they will reveal at the show, I think we're going to pass on going this year.
    Yeah if it is giant statue people need to know so they can plan on how to get it home lol
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Yeah if it is giant statue people need to know so they can plan on how to get it home lol

I was so focused on the future reveal that I neglected the Power Con exclusive part. I doubt it would be a full statue as it would not only be troublesome for a customer to lug the huge box through the show and to their vehicle, but it would also be tough on them dragging multiple large/heavy boxes to their booth. Maybe it will be something small like a Minion color variant?
    Tweeterhead Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

I was so focused on the future reveal that I neglected the Power Con exclusive part. I doubt it would be a full statue as it would not only be troublesome for a customer to lug the huge box through the show and to their vehicle, but it would also be tough on them dragging multiple large/heavy boxes to their booth. Maybe it will be something small like a Minion color variant?
    I don't know how these things work (with statue exclusives), but maybe you can preorder it there only. Ships out later.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I don't know how these things work (with statue exclusives), but maybe you can preorder it there only. Ships out later.
    Yeah, all of the convention exclusive statues I've seen were all smaller scale. But if a larger piece, perhaps they will go an order route of some sort.

Heroic Warrior
    Iím guessing the statue will be Imp, hopefully weíll know soon.
    It sounded like they would reveal before the show.

Problem is Tweeterhead no longer sells outside the U.S. (unsure about Canada) so we have to by our statues via Sideshow. Yet another hurdle us foreigners have to put up withÖ..

Any details revealed yet for an exclusive at Power-Con?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Any details revealed yet for an exclusive at Power-Con?
    Looks like it will be a variant of the Hordak statue - with robot head and cannon arm and switch out arm - not sure how this will be different from the exclusive version. Not happy that they are using what was the exclusive on the first statue in another edition, takes away some of the specialness of the first exclusive.

Here's the promo pic for the Hordak variant...

unnamed.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Here's the promo pic for the Hordak variant...
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...0&d=1630695994

unnamed.jpg
    Really disappointing if this is the statue, I'm not happy as an owner of the exclusive because this feels like they made the original exclusive pointless.
    This really rubs me the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    Really disappointing if this is the statue, I'm not happy as an owner of the exclusive because this feels like they made the original exclusive pointless.
    This really rubs me the wrong way.
    I'm also an owner of the previous exclusive and I don't see a problem with this. The one we have is a more complete version with everything. This one won't have the organic portrait/head or the hand with the staff (I think there's another piece this won't have, but I forgot what that was). This slightly stripped down version is a good option for those who are more POP fans and prefer this look more.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm also an owner of the previous exclusive and I don't see a problem with this. The one we have is a more complete version with everything. This one won't have the organic portrait/head or the hand with the staff (I think there's another piece this won't have, but I forgot what that was). This slightly stripped down version is a good option for those who are more POP fans and prefer this look more.
    My issue is they arenít changing this enough to make it itís own statue. Different portrait, different arm like the spin blade, this would keep the original statueís exclusive integrity and give people that bought the exclusive more reason to buy this new version. When evil lyn was repainted sideshow shortened the staff and didnít include skreech which was the exclusive to the original statue. In this case they are using all the exclusive pieces and maybe from what I can tell painting the armor blue (the original looked blue in the original promo pics so not sure on this one) and giving him an all red cape. Collecting statues for the last 20 years and really had high expectations from tweeterhead- this is just a big let down to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    My issue is they arenít changing this enough to make it itís own statue. Different portrait, different arm like the spin blade, this would keep the original statueís exclusive integrity and give people that bought the exclusive more reason to buy this new version. When evil lyn was repainted sideshow shortened the staff and didnít include skreech which was the exclusive to the original statue. In this case they are using all the exclusive pieces and maybe from what I can tell painting the armor blue (the original looked blue in the original promo pics so not sure on this one) and giving him an all red cape. Collecting statues for the last 20 years and really had high expectations from tweeterhead- this is just a big let down to me.
    I saw this as very similar to the Evil Lyn original and variant, but I kinda see what you are saying. That said, I still don't mind this and it doesn't invalidate the previous release at all.

MOTU fans are a very small group. Statue collectors are a small group. MOTU statue collectors are a SUPER small group. I'm personally open to anything that will help bring more people to any of these three groups. This variant could be the thing that brings someone back to the fandom and/or introduce them to collecting statues. Maybe this is the only statue someone buys that will represent fond childhood memories or be the centerpiece to their display.

What else is offered or what someone else buys to display in their house won't invalidate my collectible and what that piece means to me. Even if it did somehow to some degree, the overall potential positives outweighs it.

I absolutely LOVE my Hordak EX. I'm super happy to have him in my MOTU statue collection. If this variant piece brings even a fraction of that joy to another person, I'm excited to see this!

Heroic Warrior
    Itís up available to order now

Court Magician
    Tweeterhead has some amazing plans.
    David Igo is really awesome dude. Looking forward to all their stuff.