Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Origins vintage head He-Man and Skeletor

Origins vintage head He-Man and Skeletor

I know these have been trickling into stores, but besides the confirmation on Pixel Dan's video from back in May, are most retailers (BBTS/ EE) waiting for them to be officially announced before putting up pre-orders? I know Gamestop in Canada had them on their website for a bit.

Is there any word on when these guys are going up for sale at the bigger retailers? I'd prefer getting them for the vintage heads and full swords to replace my current He-Man and Skeletor (just so I don't have to keep swapping the vintage heads from my incoming BA He-Man and Skeletor every time I want to fiddle with one or the other).

I do really like the current Origins heads, but He-Man really does look like generic blonde Frazetta/ Alcala barbarian to me.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.
    - Groucho Marx

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    I'm in Canada and preordered them through EB Games (Canadian Gamestop). My Skeletor has come in, but not He-Man.

So far as I understand, only Deep Discount has had these in the US - and they go in and out of stock rapidly. I have been successful nabbing Skeletor via their link for sale on Amazon but not He-Man yet (When they list, they've been around $18 plus $4 shipping). I would be wary of any other sellers and buyer reviews indicate many are apparently receiving the "normal" figs.

He-Man: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08X97KP7J

Skeletor: https://www.amazon.com/Masters-Unive...8X91NWKC&psc=1

As of this post, Skeletor is available and I can attest DD delivered exactly what I ordered and it's the correct fig in US packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Gog View Post
    So far as I understand, only Deep Discount has had these in the US - and they go in and out of stock rapidly. I have been successful nabbing Skeletor via their link for sale on Amazon but not He-Man yet (When they list, they've been around $18 plus $4 shipping). I would be wary of any other sellers and buyer reviews indicate many are apparently receiving the "normal" figs.

He-Man: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08X97KP7J

Skeletor: https://www.amazon.com/Masters-Unive...8X91NWKC&psc=1

As of this post, Skeletor is available and I can attest DD delivered exactly what I ordered and it's the correct fig in US packaging.
    I'll second that. I ordered from Deep Discount through Amazon and the new head arrived.

I got both through Deep Discount directly for like $14.47 each and they were shipped and in my hand within a week.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    I ordered Skeletor directly from Amazon, and it shipped this morning so it should be here tomorrow or Wednesday. I will let you know which I receive. The ASINs are different, so I expect ordering directly from Amazon will get the vintage head (and will be returning it if I don't, because I want that full power sword). I ordered He-Man as well, but he's not supposed to ship for a few more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    I ordered Skeletor directly from Amazon, and it shipped this morning so it should be here tomorrow or Wednesday. I will let you know which I receive. The ASINs are different, so I expect ordering directly from Amazon will get the vintage head (and will be returning it if I don't, because I want that full power sword). I ordered He-Man as well, but he's not supposed to ship for a few more weeks.
    Do let us know! I wish I could just order them off Amazon, but they don't ship where I currently am, so just waiting for BBTS since they ship here. That or I guess I could just wait till I'm back in the US, haha.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.
    - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I got both through Deep Discount directly for like $14.47 each and they were shipped and in my hand within a week.
    Same, I can confirm this!

DD has Vintage Head He-Man in stock right now for $15.41: https://www.deepdiscount.com/mattel-...u/194735049110

Widget
    Toys R Us Canada very briefly had the vintage head He-Man listed on their website as in stock and ready to ship. I snagged one, but the order has been in a "processing" state now for almost a week. The figure isn't listed at all now either.

DD has Vintage Head He-Man in stock right now for $15.41: https://www.deepdiscount.com/mattel-...u/194735049110
    Thanks for the heads-up!

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nocode View Post
    Toys R Us Canada very briefly had the vintage head He-Man listed on their website as in stock and ready to ship. I snagged one, but the order has been in a "processing" state now for almost a week. The figure isn't listed at all now either.
    Their website sucks so bad. Thanks for the head up though, that's a promising sign that he's on the way.

My vintage head He-Man shipped from DD today. Thanks Gog!!!!
    Instagram: dadhausen

Quote Originally Posted by DadStrong View Post
    My vintage head He-Man shipped from DD today. Thanks Gog!!!!
    Rad! Mine, too - looking forward to having in hand. It still continues to strike me as weird that these haven't landed at BBTS, Entertainment Earth and others.

Rad! Mine, too - looking forward to having in hand. It still continues to strike me as weird that these haven't landed at BBTS, Entertainment Earth and others.
    So Iíve ordered and received three of the new He-Man and one of the new Skeletor from DD, and while they were indeed the vintage head versions, all of them also had bubbles that were separating heavily from the cardback. One of the blisters just straight up fell off the card when I took it out of the shipping box. Iíve seen the same issue reported elsewhere, too. I have a theory that DD bought a large quantity of what Mattel considered to be defective units in a significantly discounted bulk order. But itís just a theory. The figures themselves seem just fine, though (although one of the He-Man figures had the half-sword instead of the whole one).

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Their website sucks so bad. Thanks for the head up though, that's a promising sign that he's on the way.
    My Skeletor arrived as well from Gamestop (rebranded!)

I wouldn't expect He-Man until around September 9.

And the Battle Cat/Battle Armor He-Man will be restocked at most Wal-Marts around August 25. I had an employee look it up and that's what she said. 4 per store again .. all the stores in Toronto sold out right away.
    Last edited by ramaman; August 12, 2021 at 07:00pm.
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Man View Post
    So I’ve ordered and received three of the new He-Man and one of the new Skeletor from DD, and while they were indeed the vintage head versions, all of them also had bubbles that were separating heavily from the cardback. One of the blisters just straight up fell off the card when I took it out of the shipping box. I’ve seen the same issue reported elsewhere, too. I have a theory that DD bought a large quantity of what Mattel considered to be defective units in a significantly discounted bulk order. But it’s just a theory. The figures themselves seem just fine, though (although one of the He-Man figures had the half-sword instead of the whole one).
    Yep. My He-Man bubble was unglued from the card. Hmmm. Very interesting.

Welp add me to the list as well.. As a carded collector this is not ideal

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    Skeletor finally arrived today. It is the vintage head version.

Mine are still sealed but they most def could have used a bit more glue on the blister

Widget
    Looks like Amazon has more of vintage He-Mans (He-Men?) for $17. I believe it's sold by Amazon too, and not a 3rd party seller, despite having to see other buying options to get this price:
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...ref_=pd_gw_unk

Hopefully this is truly the vintage headed one.

Heroic Warrior
    I might have an explanation for the bubbles' separation. I work at "Deep Discount" and it's been 95 to 100+ degrees every day in that warehouse (in addition to the Kentucky humidity) for months now, that may be the real culprit. Most of the toys are binned on the third floor, as well, so that doesn't help with the heat problem, either.

I haven't seen the new pack-out of Skeletor but I was surprised to see that they'd actually changed the "instruction" art on the back to show the vintage head. I didn't realize that the swords had been changed, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    I might have an explanation for the bubbles' separation. I work at "Deep Discount" and it's been 95 to 100+ degrees every day in that warehouse (in addition to the Kentucky humidity) for months now, that may be the real culprit. Most of the toys are binned on the third floor, as well, so that doesn't help with the heat problem, either.

I haven't seen the new pack-out of Skeletor but I was surprised to see that they'd actually changed the "instruction" art on the back to show the vintage head. I didn't realize that the swords had been changed, too.
    I didnít know your warehouse was in KentuckyÖ I live in Louisville, I was wondering why it got to me in 1 day haha

When I thought about it that was my first guess. The Ohio Valley humidity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DadStrong View Post
    I didn’t know your warehouse was in Kentucky… I live in Louisville, I was wondering why it got to me in 1 day haha

When I thought about it that was my first guess. The Ohio Valley humidity

You got it in a day?!?!?... When I order something from the eBay page it ships the same day but goes up to the Cinci area and sits for about a week before coming back to Bardstown. Still usually faster than ordering from the in-building, will-call service...

But, yeah... The warehouse is in Shepherdsville off of I-65's new exit, #114. The home office is in Florida and no one I have access to talk to can tell me if "Deep Discount", "BlowItOutaHere" and "Import_CD" are owned by the company of if we just warehouse and ship for them. Our main business is music and DVD distribution and I think we're the number 2 distributor for POP!s after Funko (maybe #3 since Diamond is part of the equation, now). The toy/novelty part of the business really grew after TRU shut down (I think we ended up with a lot of product that vendors had made for them that first holiday season).

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    You got it in a day?!?!?... When I order something from the eBay page it ships the same day but goes up to the Cinci area and sits for about a week before coming back to Bardstown. Still usually faster than ordering from the in-building, will-call service...

But, yeah... The warehouse is in Shepherdsville off of I-65's new exit, #114. The home office is in Florida and no one I have access to talk to can tell me if "Deep Discount", "BlowItOutaHere" and "Import_CD" are owned by the company of if we just warehouse and ship for them. Our main business is music and DVD distribution and I think we're the number 2 distributor for POP!s after Funko (maybe #3 since Diamond is part of the equation, now). The toy/novelty part of the business really grew after TRU shut down (I think we ended up with a lot of product that vendors had made for them that first holiday season).
    Shipped on the 11th and arrived today. Iím very familiar with that area also so I know where it is. Never knew DD was shipping out of there. Learn something new every day!