Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Origins vintage head He-Man and Skeletor

Ordered both from Amazon for around $14, Skeletor should be here tomorrow, & He-Man next week!

It's funny as I initially did not like that head for Skeletor when it came with the Battle Armor version, (swapped it out for the Keldor extra Skeletor bejeweled head - which I still think is the best MOTUO Skeletor head), but when my brother got these vintage head reissues in & showed them to me, I thought it looked great on the original body.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    I thought it looked great on the original body.
    It sure does. I love this version of Skeletor.

Here is mine after I removed some of the outer yellow paint on the skull. I still have to clean it up a bit, but I think it looks better with more green showing.

Heroic Warrior
    How did you remove the yellow paint? Did you use an exacto knife to scrape it?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zeiss View Post
    How did you remove the yellow paint? Did you use an exacto knife to scrape it?
    A combination of things. Mostly I used pointed Q-tips and acetone-free nail polish remover. It's tough to get a clean edge that way, so I also used a tiny flathead screwdriver and wooden toothpicks to scrape some paint away (also with nail polish remover). It took forever and it isn't perfect, but I'm pretty happy with the way it came out (and I only paid $12.42 for it, so not a huge deal if isn't perfect). I'm not sure why they decided to paint the whole face yellow on this one. All the vintage Skeletors (and Origins wave 1) had the green bits.

The green in the skull is part of vintage Skeletor's iconic look. The He-Man vintage head is almost a 1:1 recreation but they really deviated from the original (perfect) Skeletor head.
    Last edited by They-Them; September 7, 2021 at 04:40pm.

How is the one on the left "vintage"?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyCulture View Post
    The hood appears to be the same. Like, they can recreate the hood perfectly but they go and change everything else? I don't get it.

I still love the figure, but the actual vintage head is still the best.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyCulture View Post

https://i.ibb.co/CsNwTt3/Unbenannt-1.jpg
    I’m not seeing it either.

The one on the left looks like some guy wearing a rubber skull mask. The one one the right looks more like a legit discolored and decaying skull.
    Last edited by whakojacko; September 7, 2021 at 06:10pm.

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    TRU had a few He-Mans today. I picked one up as my EB Games preorder never came in. Now I have both He-man and Skeletor. Man, they look so proper.

Are they available already in Europe?

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    I bought one on Amazon Warehouse for cheap... usually just damaged packaging.

But some ********* had cut open the bottom, pulled out the weapons, took the full sword he comes with, and stuck in the half sword that comes with first release Skelly and then taped it back up and I guess, returned it to amazon.... REALLY??? Like wow...

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    I bought one on Amazon Warehouse for cheap... usually just damaged packaging.

But some ********* had cut open the bottom, pulled out the weapons, took the full sword he comes with, and stuck in the half sword that comes with first release Skelly and then taped it back up and I guess, returned it to amazon.... REALLY??? Like wow...
    That happened to me too! Got the vintage head and there was a half sword in there.

I ordered a Teela from Amazon moons ago and it came without the mini comic and the staff was replaced with a beat up vintage one lol

Had to preorder another from BBTS when they relisted her a few weeks ago hopefully it doesn't get canceled
    Instagram: dadhausen

He-Man and Skeletor have started to show up at my Walmarts this week. Glad they are finally making it to b&m