Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Origins vintage head He-Man and Skeletor

Origins vintage head He-Man and Skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by dchimpy View Post
    Looks like Amazon has more of vintage He-Mans (He-Men?) for $17. I believe it's sold by Amazon too, and not a 3rd party seller, despite having to see other buying options to get this price:
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...ref_=pd_gw_unk

Hopefully this is truly the vintage headed one.
    Thanks, I just ordered two (and cancelled my $33 third-party order).

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Yep. My He-Man bubble was unglued from the card. Hmmm. Very interesting.
    ...and somehow mine are just fine Or relatively so - you can see some less-than-stellar sealing at the corners but nothing that bothers me. Luck of the draw (or lack thereof, I guess). Glad to have these in hand for the normal retail price. I keep one sealed and open the other... here's hoping no half-swords...

Quote Originally Posted by dchimpy View Post
    Hopefully this is truly the vintage headed one.
    I'm not getting mine until probably mid-September, so I assume they're the vintage-head version. From the item description: 5.5-inch-tall He-Man action figure features a vintage-style head and power sword!

Heroic Warrior
    Both are up on Amazon now at their 17ish price point.
    Just ordered mine with a September scheduled delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by volksnuts View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/1FDNX61.jpg

Mine are still sealed but they most def could have used a bit more glue on the blister
    These look so good. They must have upgraded the vintage head post-Battle Armor. This looks more like the head they used for Faker, which is pretty spot on.

These look so much better. Hope to find them.

I got my vintage head He-Man yesterday at Smyths after a 72 mile round trip.
    The vintage head and the full power sword are drastic improvements and make the figure so much better.
    While I definitely prefer the vintage head the full power sword really makes the overall figure so much better than that awful half sword.

Picked up Skeletor from Gamestop(Canada) last week! Although the website is sold out of He-Man preorders, I was still able to preorder He-Man in-store at least. Still waiting for him.

I don't mind the new head, I actually like it. BUT with because of the swords and to match Faker, I prefer the classic head. Plus, I have the new head on Adam so get the best of both worlds. Looks great on Adam!

I got the vintage head Skeletor along with LOP Merman.
    The bintage head Skeletor is a lot better in my opinion but i liked the open mouth head sculpt. Like He-Man the full sword is great.
    LOP Merman is also a far more interesting lookign vigure than the previous figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I got the vintage head Skeletor along with LOP Merman.
    The bintage head Skeletor is a lot better in my opinion but i liked the open mouth head sculpt. Like He-Man the full sword is great.
    LOP Merman is also a far more interesting lookign vigure than the previous figure.
    I got my 2nd LOP Mer-Man this week and opened him last night. Very, very cool figure. I immediately relegated my "other" Mer-Man to the overflow storage bin. Sorry not sorry.

Iíve not bought Sky Sled yet. Does the skin colour on Adam and the new He-Man head match?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
    I got my 2nd LOP Mer-Man this week and opened him last night. Very, very cool figure. I immediately relegated my "other" Mer-Man to the overflow storage bin. Sorry not sorry.
    The other Mer-Man is nice enough but out of the two the LOP version definitely is more interesting looking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fandabidozi View Post
    Iíve not bought Sky Sled yet. Does the skin colour on Adam and the new He-Man head match?
    I think they are pretty close.

If anyone needs 1 or 3, vintage head Skeletor is on sale at Amazon for $12.42, sold/shipped by Amazon and arriving Sept 14-15.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08X91NWKC...Q1VR4A637M79BJ

Widget
    I think LOP Mer-Man is my favourite figure so far, followed closely by the black and purple Evil-Lyn.
    I picked up a vintage head He-Man a while back (from Smyths, here in the UK). He is great, particularly with the full sword.

I wish that maybe his boots had been all red, though, rather than with the yellow highlight, just so it'd be closer to the vintage and to make another change from the previous one, since a lot of us will buy both and the parts are swappable anyway.

LOP Mer Man is really cool...like the best parts of classics (TRU version colors and alt head) plussed up with more details from the minicomic armor. Is he retail? I saw the powercon exclusives review, and figured they were limited editions.

Nevermind ..just saw Pixel Dan's review. Sucks about the lesser paint apps, but he is still sweet. Wish he would have stayed blue though.
    Last edited by DarkSean76; August 26, 2021 at 12:41am.

Loving my LOP Mer-Man. MM went from being my lamest villain to being in the top tier with the likes of Scare Glow, Faker and Triklops. Es muy agradable.

Well I got charged for my Amazon Skeletor and He-Man, weíll see what happens.

Mine came from Amazon yesterday. It was originally scheduled to arrive Sept. 16. The figure is glorious.

Court Magician
    My two He-Man figures arrived earlier than expected. Opened them up before we headed out to get away from Ida. I used one head on Prince Adam and another on BA He-Man. Ordered one more for my desk. Love this figure even more with the vintage head and full sword.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Val-Or View Post
    My two He-Man figures arrived earlier than expected. Opened them up before we headed out to get away from Ida. I used one head on Prince Adam and another on BA He-Man. Ordered one more for my desk. Love this figure even more with the vintage head and full sword.

Isnít it the same head that already comes with BA He-Man?

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfPower View Post
    Isnít it the same head that already comes with BA He-Man?
    It is, but the BA vintage head went on my standard He-Man.

My BA vintage head came with the teeth painted on the chin and the hair sitting way too low on the forehead. I thought maybe they were different but after finally seeing BA figs in-store for the first time this weekend, I think I just got a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by Val-Or View Post
    It is, but the BA vintage head went on my standard He-Man.

Ah gotcha, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Skeletor arrived today and was thankfully packed well!

These are both up on Walmart, He-man is from a 3rd party seller though
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Pro tip: the vintage Skeletor head is molded in green plastic and spray painted yellow. I didn't like that there was very little green around the edges so i carefully started removing yellow paint around the edges to give it more of that vintage look. Will post a photo later.