View Poll Results: Skeletor's feet - what type?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Booted Human feet like Filmation

3 18.75%
  • Bare Human feet like 200x

3 18.75%
  • Booted Monster feet like the original figure

5 31.25%
  • Bare Monster feet like Revelations

5 31.25%

Thread: Skeletor's Feet - what do you prefer?

Skeletor's Feet - what do you prefer?

Here's a odd question that was weird to type - what feet do you prefer on Skeletor? We've had multiple ways they have been portrayed between media and figures.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

I'm not much of a foot person, but this is possibly one of the handful of times I have an opinion.

He's cooler with monster feet. Gotta have toe talons that match his fingers. Good for stability in a fight and if he's downed, it's another dangerous option to slash an opponent with a kick.

Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

I prefer bare feet generally for Skeletor. I like both the five toed and three toed versions.

Not just the best Skeletor feet, but the best Skeletor design overall (IMO)...

...although, I am partial to the booted look in Filmation too.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    I guess it's a good thing the original designers didn't make Skeletor a female character.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    For whatever reason, I prefer the original half-boot look.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Not just the best Skeletor feet, but the best Skeletor design overall (IMO)...
    Since I'm more of a mini comics guy over the Filmation cartoon, you posting these explains why I prefer Skeletor's feet this way. These were visuals that seeped into my subconscious for decades now.
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Booted monster feet here.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Heroic Warrior
    I voted like the toy. Because that's what it's all about. Well, that and the hokey pokey.

Gotta admit I'm more partial to the Filmation look. Partly because I'm not a huge fan of feet in general.

But also I tend to overthink things, and given how uneven the terrain on Eternia is (and how filthy the floor of Snake Mountain must be) whenever I see someone walking around in bare feet I'm like "That doesn't seem right." Like it seems like a very odd choice for someone like him to make. Most of his minions and cohorts wear boots, aside from Beast Man whose name pretty much explains why he doesn't, but Skeletor (who could easily conjure up some footwear) is like "Nah, I'm good. I'll just traipse around in the woods and the desert and such, stepping on rocks and branches and whatever else." Like, why? Just wear boots! Not to mention that the soles of his feet must be absolutely disgusting, walking around like that all the time.

So, I prefer Filmation partly for reasons of practicality, and partly for "Ugh, that's gross" reasons. Although I'd say the Alcala mini-comics style would be my second choice. They do sort of fit in giving him a more "monstrous" look to go with his personality.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    I wouldn't be concern about the uneveness. I'd be concerned about the extreme terrain. And going from said extreme terrain to the next extreme terrain.

I guess you could do a quick write-off he's used to it. His magic protects him. And things along that line. Or he could just do a slight hover wherever he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Gotta admit I'm more partial to the Filmation look. Partly because I'm not a huge fan of feet in general.

But also I tend to overthink things, and given how uneven the terrain on Eternia is (and how filthy the floor of Snake Mountain must be) whenever I see someone walking around in bare feet I'm like "That doesn't seem right." Like it seems like a very odd choice for someone like him to make. Most of his minions and cohorts wear boots, aside from Beast Man whose name pretty much explains why he doesn't, but Skeletor (who could easily conjure up some footwear) is like "Nah, I'm good. I'll just traipse around in the woods and the desert and such, stepping on rocks and branches and whatever else." Like, why? Just wear boots! Not to mention that the soles of his feet must be absolutely disgusting, walking around like that all the time.

So, I prefer Filmation partly for reasons of practicality, and partly for "Ugh, that's gross" reasons. Although I'd say the Alcala mini-comics style would be my second choice. They do sort of fit in giving him a more "monstrous" look to go with his personality.

You could, but you shouldn't. He clearly is not hovering or encased in any sort of force-field in those mini-comics pics posted earlier in the thread, he's very obviously just standing on the ground.

I mean obviously anyone can choose to believe or pretend anything they choose; I just prefer to keep any mental gymnastics to a minimum if possible.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

All Alcala, all the time! I always figured he's an otherworldly demon, so he has leathery skin that is super tough, and even more so on those fugly feet! He could walk around on barbed wire with no issues. Plus, He-Man was seen walking around barefoot in the first minicomic. If he can stand it, so can Skeletor!

I hate seeing bare feet in real life, but as far as Skeletor is concerned, it's bare monster feet all the way! It's part of his transformation from Keldor to Skeletor.
    All I want now is the Attak Trak in MOTUC

Oh and the Twiggets would be nice too!