Thread: Star Wars Visions.

Star Wars Visions.

I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan but it does like an interesting take on the concept. I do like the idea that it's apparently none canon, so the anime studios could do what they wanted without having to worry about continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan but it does like an interesting take on the concept. I do like the idea that it's apparently none canon, so the anime studios could do what they wanted without having to worry about continuity.
    This actually looks like it could turn out really good. The older I get the more anime I watch
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Iím looking forward to this. I preordered the Visions: Ronin book Which is inspired by the animated SW Visions: The Duel episode. It all sounds like it could be very interesting

I think it is amusing that some of the studios are instantly recognisable in their style. Like how The Twins is instantly recognisable as Studio Trigger.

- - - Updated - - -

Proper trailer

Although I'm kind of disappointed that Lop ends up with a lightsaber. The fact that her story didn't seem Jedi themed help set it a part from a lot of the others.
    Last edited by A Dalek; August 27, 2021 at 09:24am.

Some of these look very interesting.

Some info on the main characters of some of the episodes.

https://www.starwars.com/news/inside...eet-the-heroes

So Kara is pretty much the Anankin/Luke/Ben/Rey mold of kid with super duper force potential?

Watched some of it so far.

I really liked Ninth Jedi, The Twins and The Village Bride.

Lop and Ocho was good but rushed.

I found The Elder kind of disappointing though.

I think Village Bride was the best one, but I think Ninth Jedi really needs to get expanded into it's own series.

I've watched the 4 shorter ones first, Tatooine Rhapsody, T0-B1, Akakin & The Duel.
    Tatooine... & T0-B1 were nice with a kiddie anime style, was odd to see some well known characters in such style. T0-B1 is clearly an Astroboy homage.

Akakin is a sort of retelling Anakin's story told as a Kurosawa's film but it lacks a lot of the SW lore and it was pretty dull.

The Duel on the other hand, is clearly a Kurosawa's homage but is everything a SW reinterpretaction should be. It really got me by its style and story development. Very Mandalorianesque. I wish there would be some further entries, but I think that as a stand alone one shot story is just glorious. I don't know why, but it got under my skin so much in a moment that almost moved to tears
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

I don't like it. But then again, I really haven't liked any anime made since the early 2000's on up.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I've seen some people ask how Kara could fight off those Sith, who were so much more experienced than her.

But it makes sense to me. Kara already knows how to handle a lightsaber and is implied to have had actual hands on practice with the thing and she was fighting a bunch of people who had never even held a lightsaber before. And even taking that into acount, she never actualy defeats any of them herself, Juro took everyone of them out.

I quite enjoyed this series.
    My favourite episode was episode 6 "TO-B1" as it was very much inspired by Osamu Tezuka's art and Astro Boy.