Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe NEW SERIES Trailer!

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe NEW SERIES Trailer!

Updated September 16th, 2021

Champions of GraySkull Find Their Power | He-Man and the Masters of the Universe | Netflix Futures

"With their backs against the wall, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe find their power and transform into the champions of GraySkull. He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is now streaming on Netflix!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    --------------------

Updated September 4th, 2021

Evil-Lyn + Theme Song | He-Man And The Masters of the Universe | Netflix Futures

"A lost prince discovers the powers of Grayskull and transforms into He-Man, Master of the Universe. With his best friends at his side, Prince Adam must battle against the evil Skeletor to save the world."

Quote Originally Posted by ZootyCutie View Post
    --------------------

Updated September 2nd, 2021

He-Man’s Transformation | He-Man and The Masters of the Universe | Netflix Futures

"A lost prince discovers the powers of Grayskull and transforms into He-Man, Master of the Universe. With his best friends at his side, Prince Adam must battle against the evil Skeletor to save the world."

Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    --------------------

Coming to Netflix on September 16th!

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe NEW SERIES Trailer | Netflix Futures

"He-Man and his powerful friends learn what it means to be a hero while battling the evil forces of Skeletor and his minions."

VOICE CAST LIST

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootRULES View Post
    Yuri Lowenthal (He-Man/Adam/Tuvar),

David Kaye (Cringer/Battle Cat),

Grey Griffin (Evelyn/Evil-Lyn),

Antony Del Rio (Duncan/Man-at-Arms),

Kimberly Brooks (Teela/Eldress/Sorceress),

Trevor Devall (R’Qazz/Beast Man),

Judy Alice Lee (Krass/Ram Ma’am),

Roger Craig Smith (Kronis/Trap-Jaw/General Dolos),

Fred Tatasciore (King Randor/Baddrah),

Ben Diskin (Skeletor/Prince Keldor),

Tom Kenny (Ork-0/RK Units),
    --------------------

Image from the Netflix He-Man and the Masters of the Universe page.

hmatmotunetflixpage.jpg

Mod Note:

Additional He-Man.Org Rules and Guidelines for This Thread - Please Read!

There has been a lot of discussion on where specific topics to be discussed land within this thread. This forum is intended to be all-ages and more light-hearted in spirit and is not to be dragged down into the typical debates about sex, politics, race and religion we see online often leading to anger and hurt feelings. Those topics can still be discussed, however they will be discussed in the Tar Swamp where there is a more open, adult platform for those topics.
    To help keep the forums fun and friendly, the admins and moderators have conversed and decided guidelines on what can and can’t be discussed in this thread and what will be referred to the Tar Swamp.

What can be discussed:
    • The specific reasons why we enjoy the show
    • Constructive reasons why we dislike the show
    • Reasons why we like/enjoy specific characters
    • Constructive reasons why we dislike characters
    • Relationships between characters (all inclusive and diversity - heterosexual, homosexual, pan, etc.) that are clearly defined in the cartoon

Topics for the Tar Swamp:
    • Debates about sex, politics and religion
    • Debates about race (discussion on race swapping of characters is allowed, but must not be political in nature)
    • Debates about morality and any sexually related topic, or any politics associated with sexuality
    • Speculation about a character’s sexuality
    Last edited by Tallstar; September 16, 2021 at 05:38pm.

That looks ridiculous. I love it.

It looks like they are going with the Keldor storyline. Skeletor reminds me of Shredder in his 1st shot. Teela looks like an alien species (red heads are usually the 1st to be changed). Orko looks like a robot. I guess that is MAA aged down. It looks like they are going with the Avengers super hero team approach.

Heroic Warrior
    MAA judging by the toy released yesterday.

And this is us a radically different take. Will kids like it? Thatís the million dollar question.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I guess that is MAA aged down
    Not sure who you're talking about but we did have Man at arms toy image leak so try to compare him to that.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Not a fan of the rap hip hop or what ever song that was, but the rest looked interesting enough to get me to watch.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 10/17/2021

Heroic Warrior
    Very different, but intriguing. I like it! Can't believe it's coming in less than a month! Netflix really likes to keeps its shows under wraps until close to the premiere.

Heroic Warrior
    Wise move of Netflix to launch this series as soon as possible in order to capitalise on the Revelation momentum, and probably to turn conversation away from it's controversies.

Looks very busy, glad they kept in the Keldor origin, it's like a blend of Frozen/Clone Wars/Rebels with the appeal of Power Rangers. Adam and He-Man also front and centre and doing things.

I had much lower expectations for this! I'm actually surprised and somewhat excited for it. This could end up being pretty good!
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Court Magician
    I'm sure all the people who thought Revelation was murdering their childhoods will be delighted by this, lol.

As a Transformer fan, I'll just have to hope that like the Michael Bay films, it makes a lot of money so the OG franchise can get more toys. Because this is obviously not for me.

Assuming that the other male on the team is Man-At-Arms, who are the two women? Teela and the Sorceress?
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Assuming that the other male on the team is Man-At-Arms, who are the two women? Teela and the Sorceress?
    I assumed the same, this should be clarified soon.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

It certainly is a radically different take on MOTU, but the trailer makes it seem like an interesting series. As long as you can get it out of your head about wanting this series to emulate what we've seen in the past, I think it looks like it will be a fun show.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    That was kinda badass. Idk how I feel about Keldor being white (I mean, a big part of his character at least for MOTUC and the DC comics is that he wasn't allowed to take the throne due to being a Gar, I'd even be okay with him being a real world minority ngl), but besides that and the fact that Duncan shares a voice actor with Kyle, I'm pretty hyped.

Female Ram Man is also adorable, but I have a feeling that might not go over well with some people. Also, I love the new Orko design, he's so cute.

I really like Cringer's voice ngl. Same with Skeletor.

Oh, my goodness!! I am loving this!!

A coming of age, team adventure show... set in a technological version of Eternia? SWEET!

Serious Arcadia vibes in this trailer... it seems that if you enjoyed shows like Troll Hunters, then you'll like this.

I want moar!!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Is alien girl Ram Man and magic girl a Sorceress/Teela combo?

I'm in!

If it's got a good mix of character and heart and humour...with a decent story...I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I think it will be fun and it might even surprise.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Is alien girl Ram Man and magic girl a Sorceress/Teela combo?
    Blasphemous notion, but from their interactions in the trailer, I kind of 'ship Adam with Ram Gal

I ... honestly expected something a lot worse. A WHOLE lot worse. This actually looks ... nice. Pretty nice, in fact.

It clearly doesn't pay homage to the original and clearly looks like it's doing its own thing, which I have no problem with, it seems to be upfront about it.

Skeletor is Keldor and actually calls himself Adam's uncle, which is a phrase I always wanted to hear the two characters acknowledge, lol.

There are clearly a lot of changes in terms of design, race and gender (I was mostly surprised with Orko being a robot). Not crazy about the designs, but I need to rewatch and form a better opinion.

Battle sequences put Revelation to shame, which is something I never expected.

Soundtrack seems pretty good.

All in all, it looked more like an animated movie rather than an animated show, which is to the show's credit.

Consider me interested - I'll be definitely watching this when it airs.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    I'm guessing hologram lady is the Sorceress...

Very different, but worth a view. Teela should have had red hair with a snake armor motif, not bird armor... And again seems very un-Teela like, personality-wise. But this is obviously its own thing.

Hope it gets some young folks into MOTU!!!

FINALLY!!! Yes now THIS is a hard reboot. Liked the humor level shown " guys be careful, it's dangerous we can't tell what...sand Adam walked through the portal...."

Did they turn one of my faves into a girl!? ARgH!! Ram Ma'am? That's hilarious we will have to see..

Gonna miss the father figure level of MAA. I think he's slightly older than the rest of them here so...

Keldor.... Yes it's the best story angle I wonder if he will be transformed early in the series or worst case scenario CAN transform into Skeletor at will somehow like Mumm ra ( actually that might be kinda cool ) also his voice is already superior to joker- or.

Teela? Not sure,really dislike the floating head things right now. More please...

BEAST MAN!!!!! God please don't let him suck.........

TRAP JAW!!! God please don't let him suck....

Evillyn somebody get that girl a helmet.

ORKO!!! your alive... Or are you?

I gotta say I'm pretty pumped for this one even if grayskull is fugly....

It's weird when MYP came out I started reimagining characters ,like giving Webstor spider legs then.. BAM he had spider legs.

If Clamp champs clamps work like grappling hooks or "Mecha- neck" is a visual teleporter charged by extending his neck I might drive down to the studio....

Its cute. I will watch it. I hope kids can find it . There is so much out there for kids to watch. The parents will have to turn it on for them. I see no reason why I child today would not watch this so far. Thumbs up Mattel and Netflics.
    Last edited by Baba1983; August 19, 2021 at 11:25am.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Either a Teela/Sorceress combo or maybe it's Andra.

Man-At-Arms looked like Samus to me, from Metroid.

I'm interested in seeing more. I posted in the other thread it feels like the Newer Adventures of He-Man to me. I'm ok with that. I think it looks pretty good. My complaint though would be that they should have left Teela and the Sorceress alone. I'd rather they just have new characters than change existing ones. Hopefully that's Andra and not some form of Teela/Sorceress.

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Man-At-Arms looks like Samus.

I'm trying to find it again, but a German MOTU page just posted a lot of new still images and cast info. It confirms the two female characters are Ram Ma'am and the other is a Teela/Sorceress combo. Beast Man before he transforms is Rquil Rqazz or however it's spelled (his MOTUC bio name).

EDIT: Found it! But I can't post a pic ARGH!

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE - Erste offizielle Produktionsfotos von Netflix

YURI LOWENTHAL as ADAM/HE-MAN
    DAVID KAYE as CRINGER/BATTLE CAT
    FRED TATASCIORE as KING RANDOR
    ANTONY DEL RIO as DUNCAN/MAN-AT-ARMS,
    TOM KENNY as ORK-O
    JUDY ALICE LEE as KRASS/RAM MA'AM
    KIMBERLY BROOKS as TEELA/SORCERESS
    BEN DISKIN as PRINCE KELDOR/SKELETOR
    GREY GRIFFIN as EVELYN/EVIL-LYN
    TREVOR DEVALL as R'QAZZ/BEAST MAN
    ROGER CRAIG SMITH as KRONIS/TRAP JAW

Info from Die Welt der Meister - Magazin
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 19, 2021 at 11:46am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah