Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe NEW SERIES Trailer!

So judging by the synopsis Masters seems to be more of a literal thing here than a symbolic title. Which is why Skeletor calls his minions dark masters.

"Both sides come armed with enchanted Power Weapons – transforming them into Masters of the Primal Powers of the Universe"

So presumably that's why Keldor can switch between his Skeletor and human forms.

I like it, very Kamen Rideresqe.

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    I wasn't sure about this... before the trailer. I didn't know what to expect exactly, except that it would probably be targeted at kids. After watching the trailer the first time, I was still unsure. I knew I'd watch it regardless. Didn't know if I liked the redesigns. After watching the trailer again, it is already growing on me. May be exactly what is needed to keep MOTU going. What I really hope is that they get the toys out there at the right time and in the right quantities for the kids (and some of us adults). Distribution in retail like I've seen with Origins and Revelation and even MCX will not cut it. If they really want it to take off, get the toys out there. Get a video game out there. If they can't make this work, then I think MOTU is doomed to be nothing but fond memories for an aging fanbase with occasional collector figures released at too high of a price and in too limited of a quantity.

Have we heard how many episodes there are going to be for this new toon?

Quote Originally Posted by cjblanch View Post
    I wasn't sure about this... before the trailer. I didn't know what to expect exactly, except that it would probably be targeted at kids. After watching the trailer the first time, I was still unsure. I knew I'd watch it regardless. Didn't know if I liked the redesigns. After watching the trailer again, it is already growing on me. May be exactly what is needed to keep MOTU going. What I really hope is that they get the toys out there at the right time and in the right quantities for the kids (and some of us adults). Distribution in retail like I've seen with Origins and Revelation and even MCX will not cut it. If they really want it to take off, get the toys out there. Get a video game out there. If they can't make this work, then I think MOTU is doomed to be nothing but fond memories for an aging fanbase with occasional collector figures released at too high of a price and in too limited of a quantity.

According to imdb there will be at least 10
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by cjblanch View Post
    According to one licensing article way back, the CGI series will have 26 episodes.

The two MOTU series don't have same episode count.
    But I think iMDB might say 10. Though on that note, they claimed MOTU:R was 6 episodes and listed ALL known characters with voice actor to "appear 6 times"
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Oooh, and I thought the 2002 Sword Of Power was ugly....

Still there may be something here.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    Cool. Hopefully 26 is accurate. Gotta have some variety to keep kids interested.

I've watched the trailer a 3rd time now and I think it looks even better. I can't understand anyone not wanting to at least check it out. Outright refusing to watch it seem silly. It really might surprise us--for good or bad I suppose.

It's not what I would come up with or probably prefer for a new take on the property, but it's certainly worth giving a watch. Knowing my daughter and nephew's preferences as far as cartoons go, I think they'll both like this, though they're the rare exceptions who know what has come before, so they might balk a bit (especially Hermione, whose response to what we've seen of this until now has been mixed - very excited as well as dubious).

Still, I think kids in general will dig this.

I'm excited, especially since we don't have long to wait!
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Widget
    Seems really heavy on the technology-side of things, including making Orko a robot? Looks interesting though.

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    The last we must proceed with caution clip made me laugh, but otherwise, based solely on this trailer alone (obviously), it looks like it is what it is, average children's fare that feels like everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post

How dare you dismiss the mini-comics!?!? How dare you!?
    Ok, you got me. I should have said that I consider Filmation He-Man as the only correct animated version. I could never leave out the original mini-comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    The last we must proceed with caution clip made me laugh, but otherwise, based solely on this trailer alone (obviously), it looks like it is what it is, average children's fare that looks like everything else.
    Honesty I feels like something that would have come out when I was younger, I'm sure I would have been all over.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I find it very interesting people lost their minds with Revolution because there wasn’t enough HeMan/skeltor but people are perfectly fine with characters being radically changed or merged. I don’t get it.
    Maybe because this one distances itself from the Filmation series as far away as it can - to the point it's its own thing - while Revelation baited people like me and presented itself as the continuation of the Filmation series, while it's just a doppleganger wearing the 80s series' carcass as a skin.

He-Man historian
    Here is Mattel's blog post by showrunner Rob David on the new He-Man
    and the Masters of the Universe series.

Click this link to read it!
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaidas View Post
    It's just a doppleganger wearing the 80s series' carcass as a skin.
    You don't say?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Here is Mattel's blog post by showrunner Rob David on the new He-Man
    and the Masters of the Universe series.

Click this link to read it!
    Wow...so they really have given Teela's role of Adam's best friend to Ram-Mam. Add in the fact he doesn't have to hold any secrets, and that makes the 'shipping all the easier

Heroic Warrior
    My lads 12 now and he enjoyed the revelation show but preferred the 200X series. He is probably too old now to enjoy this version of MOTU. but from the sort of animation that is popular with kids my niece and nephews ages will probably appeal to them.
    I couldn’t get through the new version of the PoP cartoon but out of curiosity I will give it a watch. Just hope it not too different that new fans struggle to perhaps get onboard with the previous incarnations.

I was pleasantly surprised by that trailer.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Heroic Warrior
    This transformation is the best since the original.

The rest just looks like League of Legends characters.

It’s certainly different, way more sci-fi than I was expecting.

I hope the kids like it. I wonder what age they are actually aiming for?

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Looks great to me. Not made for me but I’ll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    Ok, you got me. I should have said that I consider Filmation He-Man as the only correct animated version. I could never leave out the original mini-comics.
    I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or not. But it's interesting that even as a kid in the 80s, I did not like the Filmation show at all, yet I still watched it all since I was a big MotU fan and that was the only thing on at the time. I have tried to go back and watch the Filmation show as an adult, and I just can't get through it. I am not going to bash it since I know it has a lot of fans, and I am thankful for its existence to increase the popularity of MotU, but I just don't like it.

The New Adventures show came out when I turned 16 and stopped collecting toys for a few years so I was not into it. But I do feel that it is totally OK for someone to create their own version of a franchise. You don't have to like it, and have your own preferred version, but it's not cool to say there is only one "correct" version. I don't like the Michael Bay Transformers movies, yet I still love Transformers. I can't stand the prequels, but I still love Star Wars.

I think there is room for multiple versions of a story. As a MotU fan, I am going in with an open mind on this new show. I don't like the gorilla-like proportions of He-Man, but this show looks like fun. It might not be my favorite version (yes, original mini-comics FTW), but I love MotU so I am giving it a chance.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    It might not be my favorite version (yes, original mini-comics FTW), but I love MotU so I am giving it a chance.
    Hmm that’s got me thinking, how much can it change and still be MotU?

I’m sinking into a Ship of Theseus paradox now….

I dig it. My girls hate this style of animation and don’t like He-Man’s design but said everything else looks good.

The cynic in me remembers when we all thought kids would love 200X because it was inspired by "anime" or whatever. "Kids love that stuff!"

We'll have to wait and see. The animation looks quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaidas View Post
    Maybe because this one distances itself from the Filmation series as far away as it can - to the point it's its own thing - while Revelation baited people like me and presented itself as the continuation of the Filmation series, while it's just a doppleganger wearing the 80s series' carcass as a skin.
    Revelation isn’t over yet.

But yeah this new cartoon is its own thing for sure.
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.