Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe NEW SERIES Trailer!

Initial thoughts are , my kid would love it , and it looks Bright and colourful and the animations good , but the superfan in me wonders how much can change before it stops being Motu . Rob David says it's a brand new he man for kids of today to call Thier own , so why isn't this a " son of he man " show or a Motu: new generation show , starring ram man's daughter , orphan dare , etc etc . And if kids take to this , will they have to scrap it all and forget what they loved a few years from now because there's an even newer , even more different thing with a Motu logo on the box ? Not hating , but definitely not going to go out of my way to watch this unless I start hearing some REALLY positive things from other orgers .

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Wow...so they really have given Teela's role of Adam's best friend to Ram-Mam. Add in the fact he doesn't have to hold any secrets, and that makes the 'shipping all the easier
    She also seems to have Teela's personality too judging by the description. I guess they wanted to make Teela more sorceress like, but still wanted the usual type of Teels so they just gave a "new" character all her traits.

Wasn't that how DC originally made Miss Martian?

When we first meet Adam, heís just a 16-year-old kid with a lot of heart but zero experience as a leader; his best friend Krass is a hot-headed smart aleck masking her search for belonging; young Duncan is a brilliant inventor struggling to come into his own; Cringer is clawless tiger yearning to prove his mettle; and Teela is a fledgling mystic with more questions (and spirit) than answers.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Wasn't that how DC originally made Miss Martian?
    The standard version, or the one from the Young Justice cartoon?

It looks really cute! I like Robo-Orko quite a bit. The character designs arenít really my bag but the character interactions seem like a lot of fun. The Masters are like the BK Kids Club or something, but itís cute!
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    When we first meet Adam, he’s just a 16-year-old kid with a lot of heart but zero experience as a leader; his best friend Krass is a hot-headed smart aleck masking her search for belonging; young Duncan is a brilliant inventor struggling to come into his own; Cringer is clawless tiger yearning to prove his mettle; and Teela is a fledgling mystic with more questions (and spirit) than answers.
    So is this Teela? z-Netflix-MOTU-Unnamed-Figure-001.jpg

And Krass is the Ram Ma'am character? Or is it the other way around? I would prefer that to be Krass, the new character.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post

And Krass is the Ram Ma'am character? Or is it the other way around?
    I thought Krass was Beastman?
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Is this the first time outside of Classics that Keldor is both Skeletor AND Adamís uncle?
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    The standard version, or the one from the Young Justice cartoon?
    The comic version. I'm pretty sure she was made to have the traits of animated Starfire since the comic version of Starfire was pretty different.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, considering I didn't mind Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures despite it being an utter trainwreck, I think this show might grow on me.

The only thing they could really do to ruin this show is force in a bunch of toilet humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    I thought Krass was Beastman?
    his best friend Krass is a hot-headed smart aleck masking her search for belonging

So it's not Beast Man, according to Rob David.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    Yeah, considering I didn't mind Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures despite it being an utter trainwreck, I think this show might grow on me.

The only thing they could really do to ruin this show is force in a bunch of toilet humor.
    Just keep Stinkoir out and we will be safe.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    Initial thoughts are , my kid would love it , and it looks Bright and colourful and the animations good , but the superfan in me wonders how much can change before it stops being Motu . Rob David says it's a brand new he man for kids of today to call Thier own , so why isn't this a " son of he man " show or a Motu: new generation show , starring ram man's daughter , orphan dare , etc etc . And if kids take to this , will they have to scrap it all and forget what they loved a few years from now because there's an even newer , even more different thing with a Motu logo on the box ? Not hating , but definitely not going to go out of my way to watch this unless I start hearing some REALLY positive things from other orgers .

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I can understand that perspective I think. And sometimes the more something strays from what originally made it special, the more that something strays from being special.

And Krass is the Ram Ma'am character? Or is it the other way around? I would prefer that to be Krass, the new character.
    If someone could point Teela out to me that would be great
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Is this the first time outside of Classics that Keldor is both Skeletor AND Adamís uncle?
    Hinted at in the 80's mini-comics, but never finished. The MYP cartoon in the 2000's was the first time they were ever shown to be Keldor/Skeletor and Adam's Uncle.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar
    This looks like a true refresh for today's generation of kids. I hope they enjoy it. I've felt for a long time that a CGI animated movie would be the best avenue to appeal to kids, so this is the next best thing given the state of theaters nowadays.

Looks terrible. I know it's not geared towards us old timers, so that's fine. Maybe kids will love it. However, that doesn't mean some of us can't think it looks like trash. Just having the name He-Man attached to it gets some of you excited and thinking it's great.

his best friend Krass is a hot-headed smart aleck masking her search for belonging

So it's not Beast Man, according to Rob David.
    "Krass" was the real name they gave Ram-man in the Classics bio.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Heroic Warrior
    Like/Dislike ratio is now even at 2.5 K each

I think this look amazing and fun and something that will really appeal to kids and adults.
    This is what Masters of the Universe needs to be relevant again.
    I am honestly a lot more excited and interest in this cartoon than the Revelations cartoon.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    This is what Masters of the Universe needs to be relevant again.
    It's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Looks terrible. I know it's not geared towards us old timers, so that's fine. Maybe kids will love it. However, that doesn't mean some of us can't think it looks like trash. Just having the name He-Man attached to it gets some of you excited and thinking it's great.
    I'll admit, some of it is meh. But the most important thing is He-Man, and I think they got him right. He looks cool and competent. Like Jar Jar before him, He-Man is the key to all of this. Skeletor looks pretty great as well.

I didn't hate it. My interest is piqued.

From the moment these were both announced I had a feeling this would be the better series since Kevin Smith has always sucked.

------

I'm continually surprised as some people's cognitive inability to possess and comprehend nuance.

I'm a purist. I hate race swaps (I have always hated black Nick Fury long before Sam Jackson was cast for example) and I hate gender swaps.

Sometimes I'm okay with it.

I hate rap and hip hop. I do like some rap and hip hop songs.

Two things can be true at once.

------

The reason this is getting a "pass" for now as opposed to Revelations is that the latter was marketed as a sequel to Filmation and directly aimed at 40 year olds who grew up in the 80s with MOTU.

What we got was The Last Jedi. We got a cynical show that treated He-Man as disposable and Teela who was a dude.

-----

This is a new re-imagining aimed at kids. If MOTU is going to survive it needs to capture the imagination of kids.

There's enough MOTU in there it could work. It's got He-Man, Skeletor, Trap Jaw, and Beastman.

It's not made for me so we'll see.

Heroic Warrior
    There are now more dislikes than likes on the trailer.

Really loved the look of that preview trailer. Clearly it's a very different take on the brand but one that I think has a ton of potential. The tone was really fun, it might be a good one to get my kits interested in MotU. Really happy to see Mattel is not afraid to re-invent the brand these days. Part of way the heavy hitters like Transformers, Power Rangers or even Ninja Turtles have been able to stay so relevant is the constant re-invention for new audiences and MotU needs to take this to heart. Us old timers will always have our "G1" but it's healthy for everyone this happens. It just makes older generations appear even less relevant when we're seen raging against stuff for kids.