Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe NEW SERIES Trailer!

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    There are now more dislikes than likes on the trailer.
    Mattel is reaping what they have sown for allowing Netflix to use their franchise as a weapon. Now the other parts of the brand will suffer as a result (not unlike 'Solo' bombing after TLJ).
    Last edited by Hamato Yoshi; August 19, 2021 at 05:13pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
    Mattel is reaping what they have sown by allowing Netflix to use their franchise as a weapon. Now the other parts of the brand will suffer as a result (not unlike 'Solo' bombing after TLJ).
    Netflix just distributes this stuff. Granted, they funded it, but if ire is thrown at anyone, it oughta be Kevin Smith.

Also, weapon? I find it bizarre that the service willing to commission schlock like High Rise Invasion and straight testosterone like Record of Ragnarok insisted that Smith write things a certain way. You can only buy what’s being sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    There are now more dislikes than likes on the trailer.
    Luckily its' a content for Youtubekids,therefore no comment section available .
    So grown men cannot comment ,just dislikes .

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Luckily its' a content for Youtubekids,therefore no comment section available .
    There are other uploads of the trailer with comments, pretty much what you expect.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Dynaman View Post
    Netflix just distributes this stuff. Granted, they funded it, but if ire is thrown at anyone, it oughta be Kevin Smith.

Also, weapon? I find it bizarre that the service willing to commission schlock like High Rise Invasion and straight testosterone like Record of Ragnarok insisted that Smith write things a certain way. You can only buy what’s being sold.
    Yeah, it's just my opinion. Netflix is as ____ as they come. But please do continue thinking we don't notice.

The trailer just started trending at #20 on YouTube! Currently #25 on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    There are other uploads of the trailer with comments, pretty much what you expect.
    Really ? It's content for kids .It can't be ,youtube!
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; August 19, 2021 at 06:37pm.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    I think at the very least they will be pretty nasty to anyone who prefers this to the original.
    I assume you mean Flimation, I don't think mini comics fans really care.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    I think you're mistaken here. I've seen the comments and "grown men" is a real stretch.

A lot of different MOTU Facebook sites are full of the same stuff. Adults with insightful opinions like: "this is stupid" and "sux".
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Big He-Man 6, but everyone can transform.

Definitely not my cup of tea, but this was made for kids.

I think I'll watch for some laughs.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    I assume you mean Flimation, I don't think mini comics fans really care.
    Yeah pretty much.

I thinks the fans being hostile or elitist can do more to turn people off a brand than any poor installment of a franchise.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Yeah pretty much.

I thinks the fans being hostile or elitist can do more to turn people off a brand than any poor installment of a franchise.
    That's cause gatekeeping is fine as long as they are the ones doing the gatekeeping.
    Happens in D&D, forgetting how they were looked down upon not only by their fellow students but by the whole 'satanic panic' parents, why should it be shocking that it's happening with MotU?

They learned well from the Grampa Simpsons i.e. grown ups of our days.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Hinted at in the 80's mini-comics, but never finished. The MYP cartoon in the 2000's was the first time they were ever shown to be Keldor/Skeletor and Adam's Uncle.
    Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think Keldor being Randor’s brother came up in the MYP show.
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

This looks like a ton of fun and they're really expanding the world of Eternia from the looks of it- some epic battle stuff shown in this trailer! I wasn't expecting this to drop so soon and can't believe it's only a month away until the show premieres! Bring on the toys.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Well, the people not liking Kevin Smith's He-Man will definitely come around for this one

Quote Originally Posted by tnktrk View Post
    That's cause gatekeeping is fine as long as they are the ones doing the gatekeeping.
    Happens in D&D, forgetting how they were looked down upon not only by their fellow students but by the whole 'satanic panic' parents, why should it be shocking that it's happening with MotU?

They learned well from the Grampa Simpsons i.e. grown ups of our days.
    Apologies for going off topic, but my own personal anecdote. But I never have and probably never will see Rise Skywalker and while I didn't like Last Jedi I probably would have given Rise a chance if it wasn't for the fanbase so negative at the time. I was so sick of the negativity at that point that I just didn't want to engage with the franchise and I had already disliked Star Wars fans prior to the Disney era and the situation made me dislike them more to the point were that started to turn into a dislike of the franchise as a whole.

I didn't start to have interest again until i watched the Mandalorian. I like Star Wars again (and I'm really looking forward to Visions), but I have never and never will be a massive fan and that is largely because of the fan base.

Sorry I know that was off topic.

This looks dated, like something I would expect to see in the early 2010's. And what do you know! It's created by Robert David who was also a writer of Mattel's Max Steel CG cartoon in the mid 2010's (The movies specifically) and this looks very similar to that.

I'm also seeing a lot of hate for Filmation in some comment sections of some blogs. I also saw this Tweet
    https://twitter.com/ErikThurman/stat...42917228646409

Ummm.... Source please lol

I feel like Mattel kinda did this to themselves with having a low budget 80's cartoon, a live action movie, a widely unknown 90s sequel series and finally a cancelled 2002 show and then silence for about almost 20 years. unless you collected toys or read comics.

A shame they can't see what I see, oh well. This looks fun!

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or not. But it's interesting that even as a kid in the 80s, I did not like the Filmation show at all, yet I still watched it all since I was a big MotU fan and that was the only thing on at the time. I have tried to go back and watch the Filmation show as an adult, and I just can't get through it. I am not going to bash it since I know it has a lot of fans, and I am thankful for its existence to increase the popularity of MotU, but I just don't like it.
    I wasn’t being sarcastic. My favorite version of He-Man is the one from the 80’s cartoon and mini-comics. It’s all subjective, and I respect those with different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I think you're mistaken here. I've seen the comments and "grown men" is a real stretch.

manbabies is better ,isn't it?

Btw Guess what ,Clownfish tv uploaded a video right away
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; August 19, 2021 at 06:38pm.

Lots of thoughts on this. First off, I really dig it and I'm super excited to watch this. After watching this trailer about 6 times and seeing a bit more info, I do have questions and concerns...

"Ram Ma’am?" - I'm seriously in disbelief that they're legit using this within the show. Just stick to "Krass."

"Teela/Eldress/Sorceress" - I figured she was just Teela who is just able to tap into her natural magic abilities sooner. But she's the Sorceress as well? I thought the Sorceress was the voice speaking to her at the start of the trailer telling her to deliver the sword?

"Keldor" - Why isn't Keldor blue in humanoid form and what's up with that one hand as Skeletor?

The Gar People - It seems that all Gar people seem to be omitted, not just Keldor. That sucks as the Gar plight is one of the best additions to the MOTU mythos. That said, one of Adam's friends might be a light blue Gar... I couldn't really tell with the quick cuts and lighting.

Humans/Good vs. Monsters/Bad - Another bigger problem is one I had with New Adventures... it seems all of the heroes are humanoid/humanish while the villains are creatures/monsters. I personally don't like that at all. One of the best things about MOTU is how beings of different types and physical appearances can be good or bad... you have to look past the surface to the heart of the being. This show really needs some Buzz Off, Moss Man, and Man-E-Faces types for the heroes along with some Count Marzo, Jitsu, Blade types for the villains.
    Tweeterhead Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Quote Originally Posted by AlexApprobation View Post
    Lots of thoughts on this. First off, I really dig it and I'm super excited to watch this. After watching this trailer about 6 times and seeing a bit more info, I do have questions and concerns...

"Ram Ma’am?" - I'm seriously in disbelief that they're legit using this within the show. Just stick to "Krass."

"Teela/Eldress/Sorceress" - I figured she was just Teela who is just able to tap into her natural magic abilities sooner. But she's the Sorceress as well? I thought the Sorceress was the voice speaking to her at the start of the trailer telling her to deliver the sword?

"Keldor" - Why isn't Keldor blue in humanoid form and what's up with that one hand as Skeletor?

The Gar People - It seems that all Gar people seem to be omitted, not just Keldor. That sucks as the Gar plight is one of the best additions to the MOTU mythos. That said, one of Adam's friends might be a light blue Gar... I couldn't really tell with the quick cuts and lighting.

Humans/Good vs. Monsters/Bad - Another bigger problem is one I had with New Adventures... it seems all of the heroes are humanoid/humanish while the villains are creatures/monsters. I personally don't like that at all. One of the best things about MOTU is how beings of different types and physical appearances can be good or bad... you have to look past the surface to the heart of the being. This show really needs some Buzz Off, Moss Man, and Man-E-Faces types for the heroes along with some Count Marzo, Jitsu, Blade types for the villains.
    Well Krass at the very least dosn't seem to be human, even if she's more on the cute side than the other none human characters.

I for one LOVE Battle Cat’s new look.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    I wasn’t being sarcastic. My favorite version of He-Man is the one from the 80’s cartoon and mini-comics. It’s all subjective, and I respect those with different opinions.
    I love the mini comics, especially the earlier ones.
    Those first 4 where more short stories in the spirit of early sword & sorcery tales in old pulp magazines like Weird Tales or Oriental Stories, or the later late 70 anthology books like Flashing Swords or Swords Against Darkness.
    From the prose to the artwork they were great.

And the actual min-comics are a love letter to early 70/80s S&S comics like Thongor, Sword of Sorcery, Cerebus, etc.
    I love my phat hardcover minicomic collection.

The newstrip collection is a must have as well.

Elfquest is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Well, the people not liking Kevin Smith's He-Man will definitely come around for this one
    I’m digging it so far.

Please be more respectful towards each other. Please talk about the show and not each other. Also, no politics. Thanks.