Thread: What do kids think of He-Man and Masters of the Universe (2021)

What do kids think of He-Man and Masters of the Universe (2021)

The trailer dropped for the show recently anyone show their kids and what do they think?
    Link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXApnj-ztIE

Also if you find this find after the show has come out post what kids you have seen think about the show.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

I can't wait to show my daughter. Her response to lots of what we've seen so far has been mixed, largely because she was raised alongside my collection of Classics and she has the Origins, so she knows what has come before. She quite liked the look of Battle Cat and Skeletor when we saw them ages ago, but has been a bit dubious about some of the other glimpses.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Heroic Warrior
    My lads 12 now and he enjoyed the revelation show but preferred the 200X series. He is probably too old now to enjoy this version of MOTU. but from the sort of animation that is popular with kids my niece and nephews ages will probably appeal to them.
    I couldn’t get through the new version of the PoP cartoon but out of curiosity I will give it a watch. Just hope it not too different that new fans struggle to perhaps get onboard with the previous incarnations

Both my kids are indifferent on the trailer.

From my oldest kid:
    Adam: ugly
    He-Man: ok
    Teela: ok, best looking of human heroes, although she should be the Sorceress and not Teela
    MAA: ok
    Ram Ma'am: ugly
    Battle Cat: looks the best of the characters
    Skeletor: ok
    Evil Lyn: ok
    Orko: should not be robot

Youngest thinks He-Man is a barbarian, so should have less clothes. His favorite was Battle Cat and least favorite was Evil Lyn. He also doesn't like Orko being a robot.

My kid loves Filmation, has the good taste to hate 2002, has never been exposed to New Adventures, and is too young to read the unfiltered comics.

For reference: he liked Revelation a lot, and thinks that the new one looks "very cool."

My 10 year old said, "Is this a joke? They're not even done with Revelation yet." So, I think his view is because of overlapping shows. I think he'll come around.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Heroic Warrior
    Nephew is way too young to be watching anything like this, but I'll try to get a vibe from the kids I work with regularly

Heroic Warrior
    The youngest pair of niece/nephew like it.
    The oldest pair said it looked pretty cool.

Heroic Warrior
    Did'nt have much luck with the kids today, none of them had seen it and were more a buzz about Strazynski possibly taking over Doctor Who. Chatted to my neighbour's kid this afternoon though, she thought Krass was Teela until I corrected her, she thinks Adam is cute and Skeletor was 'well built'

I showed Hermione last night, and she was pretty pumped! She was calling out names as characters appeared, and was particularly keen on the inclusion of Keldor, the look of Adam, Beast Man, and Battle Cat, and the overall look and feel of the show.

I have to say, I'm pretty pumped for this fresh take on MOTU too!
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

I showed it to my little niece yesterday, and she liked it well enough. She got excited when He-Man first appeared, and then kept asking when they would show Skeletor until he appeared. Then she wanted to know where Ram Man and Fisto were, and I told her that Fisto wasn't shown and may not be in the show, and rewound through the trailer and showed her the Krass/Ram Ma'am character and explained that they made a female version of Ram Man for this show. She thought that was hilarious. Then she asked me why Skeletot (an Imaginext grim reaper that we use as Skeletor's son) isn't in this show, either. I had to remind her that he's just somebody we made up, and that he sadly won't be in any of the shows. Even at four, she's pretty familiar with the multiverse concept, so she had no problem accepting that this show is a different version of the shows and stories she's already familiar with. She seems pretty excited for it, though not as much as she was for Revelation.

Does it count if it made me feel like a kid?

I absolutely love what I'm seeing! It's like they made an animated version of the MOTU-Mini figures
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I absolutely love what I'm seeing!
    Same.

I've previously mentioned Voltron: Legendary Defender, She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, and Carmen Sandiego as series I think we can look at as being comparable to this new MotU, but the more I think about things, the series that might actually be more comparable is the 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and if this ends up being even half as good as that series, it'll more than be a success in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
    Same.

I've previously mentioned Voltron: Legendary Defender, She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, and Carmen Sandiego as series I think we can look at as being comparable to this new MotU, but the more I think about things, the series that might actually be more comparable is the 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and if this ends up being even half as good as that series, it'll more than be a success in my opinion.
    Agreed.

Nickelodeon injected some magic into the TMNT back in 2012. The entire franchise was rebooted for a whole new audience, and had enough homage to the past to be fun for old fans as well.

But, what truly made TMNT2012 shine was the writing. Even if people didn't care for the visual aesthetic (I'll admit that it took me a little bit to get used to the CGI Turtles), the dialogue, character development, and set-pieces were incredible.

This new MOTU has a great team behind it... I sincerely hope that it lives a long life and creates a whole new base of fans who will be telling us, "No, that's not MotU... THIS is MotU!" when we mention the classics.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<