Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power-Con Game Show: Iíll be Hosting!

Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar

Power-Con Game Show: Iíll be Hosting!

Well the news has been posted on the Programming section of the Power-Con website, so the proverbial cat is out of the bag! Yours truly will be hosting a game show called ďPower-Conís ThinkFast! InteractiveĒ! Itís trivia, itís challenges, itís buzz-in rounds, itís AWESOME. Super fast paced and a great place to prove your knowledge of all things He-Man and She-Ra! Tons of fun and prizes will abound, so if youíre going to Power-Con, be sure to get to ThinkFast! and show us your skills!!

Canít wait to see you all there!

-Johnny C

Hey, that's awesome!

Is there any way for those of us who can attend to see it?
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Hey, that's awesome!

Is there any way for those of us who can attend to see it?
    Thatís a really good question, actually. Iím not sure if it will be live streamed or not, but that would be really cool! Val will have to answer that question, but thanks for bringing it up! Iíll plant the seed and see what happens. Would love for as many people as possible to see it!

-Johnny C

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Thatís a really good question, actually. Iím not sure if it will be live streamed or not, but that would be really cool! Val will have to answer that question, but thanks for bringing it up! Iíll plant the seed and see what happens. Would love for as many people as possible to see it!

-Johnny C
    Even if it was just something recorded and put on Youtube I'd be interested.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Congrats Johnny C!
    Tweeterhead Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Well the news has been posted on the Programming section of the Power-Con website, so the proverbial cat is out of the bag! Yours truly will be hosting a game show called ďPower-Conís ThinkFast! InteractiveĒ! Itís trivia, itís challenges, itís buzz-in rounds, itís AWESOME. Super fast paced and a great place to prove your knowledge of all things He-Man and She-Ra! Tons of fun and prizes will abound, so if youíre going to Power-Con, be sure to get to ThinkFast! and show us your skills!!

-Johnny C
    Pretty cool! Best of luck with this new endeavor. I'm sure it'll be a fun time for all.

Looking forward to it!

I will def be joining this at the con!
    cogito ergo doleo

Very cool. Good luck with everything.

Looking forward to this!
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing." - Skeletor
    My thought on collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    can't wait! I will def want to play!
    Looking forward to seeing you there! Be sure to introduce yourself at some point!

-Johnny C

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUGoat View Post
    Looking forward to this!
    Everyone be sure to introduce yourselves at some point! Would really love to put faces to forum names!

-Johnny C

Everyone be sure to introduce yourselves at some point! Would really love to put faces to forum names!

-Johnny C
    Especially with the way things are going you are not going to see full faces these days.

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar

-Johnny C
    Can you tell us more about the format, and what sort of questions we can expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Can you tell us more about the format, and what sort of questions we can expect?
    It’s a very inclusive game where (for most of the game) everyone attending can participate. Lots of MOTU and POP trivia as well as some surprise challenges people can participate in throughout the game to try and advance themselves to the final championship round. It’s really not similar to anything else you’ve seen, but has some familiar elements that you’ve seen on game shows before.

I know that’s a little vague but we don’t want to give too much away up front. I can promise you that it going to be fast paced and very fun!

Please introduce yourself when we’re out there, Adam!!!!

-Johnny C

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Itís a very inclusive game where (for most of the game) everyone attending can participate. Lots of MOTU and POP trivia as well as some surprise challenges people can participate in throughout the game to try and advance themselves to the final championship round. Itís really not similar to anything else youíve seen, but has some familiar elements that youíve seen on game shows before.

I know thatís a little vague but we donít want to give too much away up front. I can promise you that it going to be fast paced and very fun!

Please introduce yourself when weíre out there, Adam!!!!

-Johnny C
    I am just curious about its accessibility. For example, what areas do the questions cover, and what is their level of difficulty? Is it tailored to people with broad general knowledge of the property, or narrow specific knowledge about a particular area? Someone who can list writers, titles, and air dates may not do well if the questions are about designers, trademarks, and production dates, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    I am just curious about its accessibility. For example, what areas do the questions cover, and what is their level of difficulty? Is it tailored to people with broad general knowledge of the property, or narrow specific knowledge about a particular area? Someone who can list writers, titles, and air dates may not do well if the questions are about designers, trademarks, and production dates, for example.
    Oh there are questions for EVERYONE. Very broad and some are, of course, more difficult than others, but it is absolutely not so difficult that the average fan couldn't come in and play. No worries there. The game is designed for fans of all knowledge levels.

Can't wait for you all to come and play!

-Johnny C

This is awesome news! I've always wanted to attend a LIVE IN-PERSON event with MOTU trivia! My biggest concern is the end of night time slot, as I'm sure I'll have quite a few drinks in me by then which could affect my recall of vintage packaging art amongst other areas

Sent from my Power Sword using the Force

To all of you that came to the game show and played, THANK YOU! It was such a fun night and it was fantastic to finally meet some of you! For those that were either not able to make it to the show or unable to attend the con, I do believe the show will be streamed online for everyone, so stay tuned.

This was my first Power-Con so thank you all for making it amazing and absolutely memorable!

-Johnny C

That was so much fun! You are a great host! Thank you!

To all of you that came to the game show and played, THANK YOU! It was such a fun night and it was fantastic to finally meet some of you! For those that were either not able to make it to the show or unable to attend the con, I do believe the show will be streamed online for everyone, so stay tuned.

This was my first Power-Con so thank you all for making it amazing and absolutely memorable!

-Johnny C
    I was only able to play for a bit but it was fun. Thanks for coming.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    That was so much fun! You are a great host! Thank you!
    Thanks so much, I definitely enjoy what I do! I also enjoyed meeting you, thank you for saying hi! I look forward to interacting more with you here as well as in person at future cons! Thanks again for attending!

-Johnny C

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I was only able to play for a bit but it was fun. Thanks for coming.
    Aw, darn! Wish ya could have stayed! Thanks for coming, nonetheless!

Excellent job with the panel Johnny!! At first I was worried about attendance due to the time slot, but it really turned out fantastic! Easy to follow with the controllers, great variety in questions, entertaining rounds in-between questions & prizes for some contestants.
    Over-all, just a FUN experience that I really hope Val keeps on the menu for next year!

The only thing that could have made it better, was not missing the question about Castle Grayskull NOT appearing on screen near the end there which dropped me down too far to make it on stage.

Sent from my Power Sword using the Force

I thought it was a bunch of fun but also I have a small criticism.

I love doing trivia and love to play and pride myself that I won based on my knowledge of things.

However, with rounds that had random 1000s of points or 1000 points/no points, etc I would go from first to 39th place in a single question which really ends up demoralizing the work I did to build up my score etc.

I ended up stopping playing about halfway though since I realized it wasn't a full on 'trivia game' based purely on just knowledge but that is fine. I still had a fun time.

Maybe smaller quicker games of just trivia and then other games of scrambles etc.
    cogito ergo doleo

The trivia game was fun! I originally wasn't going to attend it but changed my mind, and was glad I did. Was happy to be in first place at one point. I was a bit sore over getting a question "wrong" even though I answered it right (there was a picture of Castle Brightmoon but the correct answer was incorrectly given to Crystal Castle), but happy to have ended in 8th place over all before the final round, even though that gave me nothing but my own satisfaction . I also hope this is continued for future Power-Cons, and Johnny you were indeed a great host!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor