Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New MoTU Mega Contrux Sets (Slime Pit, Hordak Strikes, Land Shark)

Heroic Warrior

Interesting! Hopefully we'll get a look at these at Power Con, and they'll actually be released and widely available! It'll be nice to finally have the Horde in some capacity.

Heroic Warrior
    Quite sus imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    Interesting! Hopefully we'll get a look at these at Power Con, and they'll actually be released and widely available! It'll be nice to finally have the Horde in some capacity.
    When is PC btw?

I'll need to see who comes in the sets before I decide if I want them.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 1/18/2022

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Nice to see these are (probably) coming! I'll wait and get them closer to MSRP. I used to use DeepDiscount a lot when they had more coupon codes.

Land Shark is not surprising after Wind Raider and Battle Ram.

That Slime Pit set must be small. Most likely a $9.99 MSRP (like the Skeletor heads).

I know Kevin_MCX is a big fan of Hordak, so nice to see him finally joining the line!

Heroic Warrior
    At this point with the last wave getting all boned up, I just insta ordered from deep discount. Didn't want to deal with scalpers or whatever else.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Def will order these and hope to see them in person at Powercon. I am fine if they don't do individual figures and just do sets from now on.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Quite sus imo.

- - - Updated - - -

When is PC btw?
    September 11-12th. Not much longer!

Quote Originally Posted by Crash109 View Post
    At this point with the last wave getting all boned up, I just insta ordered from deep discount. Didn't want to deal with scalpers or whatever else.

Yep same, with the difficulty getting these lately, if I don't like the set, I'm sure I'll be able to sell it on eBay or use it for a trade.

Heroic Warrior
    Is this a reputable site though?

- - - Updated - - -

I went ahead and bit the bullet. I sure hope this site is legit. Can anyone please verify that fact, and put my poor mind at ease? Also, after clicking the last button to complete my order, it's just sitting their saying "submitting..." for like 5 minutes, and when I click the refresh page it gives me a warning that it may be counted as a duplicate order. Any advice?

After A LOT of trouble, I finally got the order to go through. It kept telling me my address wasn't verifiable. Very frustrating, because all the info was correct. Somehow I finally got it to go through though. I would really like to hear someone say they've dealt with this site before, and that they are reputable. I'm a little uneasy about this, but the trouble this line has become all of a sudden made me jump on this. I hope this is legit.
    Last edited by nicholighkun; August 21, 2021 at 12:51pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I personally haven't dealt with this site but plenty of others have.

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Iíve preordered MOTU stuff from them before and had no issues. Ordered these as well.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiEternia He-Man View Post
    Iíve preordered MOTU stuff from them before and had no issues. Ordered these as well.
    Thank you.

Heroic Warrior
    Wrong thread. Edited this post.

Widget
    For those wondering: they offer international shipping.
    With the added sales tax it does become expensive for me.
    I'll inform with local stores (the Netherlands) what their plans are.

Quote Originally Posted by cisko_kid21 View Post
    For those wondering: they offer international shipping.
    With the added sales tax it does become expensive for me.
    I'll inform with local stores (the Netherlands) what their plans are.
    Please do, I would love to know!

Is this a reputable site though?

- - - Updated - - -

I went ahead and bit the bullet. I sure hope this site is legit. Can anyone please verify that fact, and put my poor mind at ease? Also, after clicking the last button to complete my order, it's just sitting their saying "submitting..." for like 5 minutes, and when I click the refresh page it gives me a warning that it may be counted as a duplicate order. Any advice?

After A LOT of trouble, I finally got the order to go through. It kept telling me my address wasn't verifiable. Very frustrating, because all the info was correct. Somehow I finally got it to go through though. I would really like to hear someone say they've dealt with this site before, and that they are reputable. I'm a little uneasy about this, but the trouble this line has become all of a sudden made me jump on this. I hope this is legit.
    I have been buying from them for nearly 20 years so yes they are very reputable.
    cogito ergo doleo

Heroic Warrior
    Since the Hordak Strikes set is $26 I'd say it's a five pack of figures, or else 3-4 figures and a small build. Maybe Artilleray, since Hordak is depicted on the vintage box?

A little worried about the Slime Pit, since it's only $10. I built my own that's a pretty perfect scale to the vintage. While it's small for a playset, it would definitely cost more than $10, especially if it came with at least one figure. But who knows, maybe it's just the SP and it's just that cheap. Or perhaps the info got mismatched for the pre-orders. I ordered two of the Hordak Strikes because I collect at least two of each figure when I can, and I'm assuming it's a five pack. I'll be pretty frustrated to know that I will need to order more, once the sets are revealed.

I really hope they don't make it a habit to drop stuff like this on us, sight unseen. Based on the way the line was handled by Amazon, I bought them immediately because I didn't want to miss them. But I would rather have waited to see what the sets come with, so that I can know what to order based on my preferences (since I buy two of the mini's).

Since the Hordak Strikes set is $26 I'd say it's a five pack of figures, or else 3-4 figures and a small build. Maybe Artilleray, since Hordak is depicted on the vintage box?
    They're showing the list price as $29.99, so this may be a bit larger than we're used to (outside of Grayskull and Point Dread), so I think maybe we'll see Mantisaur and some Troopers with Hordak, and a good guy for them to attack. The Mantisaur build alone would be pretty great!

Of couse, this assumes these are in the same scale that we're used to, and not like the Battle Cat/Havoc Staff and off in other scales.

Can't wait for Power Con to find out!
    Last edited by anytimepally; August 21, 2021 at 02:44pm.

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered all 3.

I've been buying from these guys since maybe 2001 I think. They used to have great sales on DVD'S back then. I still use them for foreign blu-ray and 4k movies as the shipping is much better. They often have 10% codes and free shipping over $25. Also, they had masterverse for preorder before anyone else and at least 1 youtuber got battle cat from them maybe a month earlier than they showed up at target. It was at least 2 weeks early.

I had a quick look on the sites T&C and it says you arenít charged until they ship (unless you pay with PayPal and then itís charged immediately) and you can cancel preorders.

So it looks like the smart move is probably to preorder them to lock them in and then cancel if you donít like what they look like when they are announced at PowerCon.

Shipping to Australia was only $11.99 so not too bad.

A little worried about the Slime Pit, since it's only $10. I built my own that's a pretty perfect scale to the vintage. While it's small for a playset, it would definitely cost more than $10, especially if it came with at least one figure. But who knows, maybe it's just the SP and it's just that cheap. Or perhaps the info got mismatched for the pre-orders. I ordered two of the Hordak Strikes because I collect at least two of each figure when I can, and I'm assuming it's a five pack. I'll be pretty frustrated to know that I will need to order more, once the sets are revealed.

I really hope they don't make it a habit to drop stuff like this on us, sight unseen. Based on the way the line was handled by Amazon, I bought them immediately because I didn't want to miss them. But I would rather have waited to see what the sets come with, so that I can know what to order based on my preferences (since I buy two of the mini's).

What if the slime pit set is actually a set like the skeletor heads and this isnít one set but multiple slime pit shells w did figures like the skeletor head sets?
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    What if the slime pit set is actually a set like the skeletor heads and this isnít one set but multiple slime pit shells w did figures like the skeletor head sets?
    Hmmmm that could be. Mattel had originally planned to pack the 3rd wave of eternia minis in slime pit cases, and they've been experimenting with different types of products, so you might be on to something. I'd rather a full on slime pit set, but I'd be happy to get the product you describe here too.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    This makes some sense, even if it's only one set to start. The approximately $10 price is in line with Mega's Breakout Beasts series, which are slime-filled eggs with a small buildable beast inside. It could be this first one is just a slime covered He-Man/Battle Cat. The listing does say "He-Man Slime Pit," rather than "Slime Pit," whereas the other two are just "Land Shark" and "Hordak Strikes."

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    This makes some sense, even if it's only one set to start. The approximately $10 price is in line with Mega's Breakout Beasts series, which are slime-filled eggs with a small buildable beast inside. It could be this first one is just a slime covered He-Man/Battle Cat. The listing does say "He-Man Slime Pit," rather than "Slime Pit," whereas the other two are just "Land Shark" and "Hordak Strikes."
    Yeah that is what i was thinking. They also did Alien eggs from the Alien series that has slime covered figures inside.
    cogito ergo doleo