Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New MoTU Mega Contrux Sets (Slime Pit, Hordak Strikes, Land Shark)

Heroic Warrior
    I hope these pre-orders are up for a good while after they are revealed. I'll likely need more. I definitely need 3 Slime Pit He-man figures, and no less than two of each figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Heck, I'd settle for a list of what each set comes with, just so that I can know what else I might need to buy before the pre-orders are sold out. If these pre-orders were set up early, then they really should give us some info. We can wait to see the images at PC, just let us know what's in it. Which figures, and what variant each figure is, and what builds are we getting. That's all I'd want to know.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Aran View Post
    Please do, I would love to know!
    I've emailed De Toyboys.
    No answer yet, but they have good customer service.
    From a past question: it really depends on what's offered to them.

Blacksbricks in Germany can be a good option.
    I had pre-ordered the first three Skeletor skulls there, but there was a logistic problem.
    They are quick to reply to emails.

I found four sets on Bol.com yesterday, but they're a little expensive.
    You should find: the Battle Ram, Point Dread, Roton and Castle Grayskull.

I've seen sets on Archonia, but I didn't check again since the initial prices were higher than on other websites.

So I'm waiting for De Toyboys reply, but I think I'll end up giving Deep Discount a try.

Edit:
    Got the reply from De Toyboys: the sets have not been offered to them yet, but they suspect this could change soon.
    They can't say anything at this point, keep an eye on the website to see what will be offered.
    Last edited by cisko_kid21; August 23, 2021 at 02:29pm. Reason: received new information

Quote Originally Posted by cisko_kid21 View Post
    I've emailed De Toyboys.
    No answer yet, but they have good customer service.
    From a past question: it really depends on what's offered to them.

Blacksbricks in Germany can be a good option.
    I had pre-ordered the first three Skeletor skulls there, but there was a logistic problem.
    They are quick to reply to emails.

I found four sets on Bol.com yesterday, but they're a little expensive.
    You should find: the Battle Ram, Point Dread, Roton and Castle Grayskull.

I've seen sets on Archonia, but I didn't check again since the initial prices were higher than on other websites.

So I'm waiting for De Toyboys reply, but I think I'll end up giving Deep Discount a try.
    Thanks man! I did not know about De Toyboys or Blackbricks. Archonia I know from ordering the comics. I will keep an eye on the others.

And I already have Battle Ram, Roton and Castle Grayskull! They are great! Would love a Snake Mountain!!!

Well, I bit the bullet and threw in on these too. I'm hoping I don't get burned, but I feel so paranoid after missing Wave 3, I don't want that to happen again. It'll be a little annoying if the future is only vehicles/playsets with figs and no figs on their own. I've been buying doubles of the individual figures - one to open, one to hoard - but not the vehicles. I just can't justify the price (landlord just jacked everyone's rent up $200 because he could).

Agreed the Slime Pit thing will probably be in the same vein as the Alien eggs. Wonder what that'll actually look like since I imagine it'll have about the same footprint. Regardless, I'm stoked to play with some slime!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Aran View Post
    Thanks man! I did not know about De Toyboys or Blackbricks. Archonia I know from ordering the comics. I will keep an eye on the others.

And I already have Battle Ram, Roton and Castle Grayskull! They are great! Would love a Snake Mountain!!!
    No problem.

I also got a reply from De Toyboys and have updated my earlier post.

I got most of the figures and a set from eBay, but even when there was little to no price increase the added costs were higher than all the other places.
    Last edited by cisko_kid21; August 24, 2021 at 02:08am. Reason: reads better

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    What if the slime pit set is actually a set like the skeletor heads and this isn’t one set but multiple slime pit shells w did figures like the skeletor head sets?
    Looks like it turned out I was right lol.
    cogito ergo doleo

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Looks like it turned out I was right lol.
    Partially right.

I mean it's not 'a set like the skeletor heads', it is another Skeletor head.

They didn't replace the old Skeletor shell with a Slime Pit shell.

Still a good guess.

Bonus points?

Partially right.

I mean it's not 'a set like the skeletor heads', it is another Skeletor head.

They didn't replace the old Skeletor shell with a Slime Pit shell.

Still a good guess.

Bonus points?
    Wait, so the Slime Pit comes in a Skeletor Head? It doesn’t seem as if the piece count would be high enough for a playset.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Wait, so the Slime Pit comes in a Skeletor Head? It doesn’t seem as if the piece count would be high enough for a playset.
    Vladik841 shared a leaked image in the ' MotU Mega Construx master list' thread.

Vladik841 shared a leaked image in the ' MotU Mega Construx master list' thread.
    Interesting to note it's officially called "Zombie He-Man Horde Pit." Hopefully, this leaves room to make an actual Slime Pit actually called "Slime Pit" in the future....

Court Magician
    Considering you have to pay up front, and they pushed back the wave 3 heroes to January without telling customers while scrubbing the wave from their site, I will give them one more chance with the slime pit, but if they screw this one up I'll be done with them.
    Last edited by Fenrys; September 7, 2021 at 03:38pm.

New MoTU Mega Contrux Sets (Slime Pit, Hordak Strikes, Land Shark)

Anyone see theirs come in yet? DD says 11/15 still and BBTS says November.

I actually just wanted to see if there was a chance I could l float the Land Shark in the gravy boat this week.
    Last edited by Okro; November 22, 2021 at 02:17pm.
    I like all the figs, except the ones I don't.

My WANT/TRADE LIST

Heroic Warrior
    I ordered from DD and haven't heard anything.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I noticed BBTS's listing for Hordak Strikes has been pushed back to December for estimated arrival, though the Land Shark is still saying November. I seem to recall the announcement at Power-Con said these would be available in the spring, so as far as I'm concerned it'll be a bonus if they show up before then!
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Okro View Post
    Anyone see theirs come in yet? DD says 11/15 still and BBTS says November.

I actually just wanted to see if there was a chance I could l float the Land Shark in the gravy boat this week.
    Deep Discount says these toys were released 11-15 but there's no shipping information for my preorder (placed 8-28).

My DD order was on 8/21 and the only movement I’ve seen has been the available date being shifted to 11/15 from 11/01 (and of course the pic changes…She-ra needs to wax her upper lip, Prince Adam needs to change his boxers, and Hordak’s been using Pro-Active -but I was told not to talk about that.)

My WANT/TRADE LIST

Heroic Warrior
    This product apparently has been de-listed from deep discount. I'm assuming that we won't be getting them anytime soon.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I called Mattel. They said early 2022. >

My WANT/TRADE LIST

Quote Originally Posted by Okro View Post
    I called Mattel. They said early 2022. >
    Oww, disappointing on the one hand (I'm impatient) but glad they haven't been cancelled entirely. I do worry about this line sometimes.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Mattel said 2022 for these all along. DD's preorder date, and the fact that we've gotten other 2022 items (like the new Origins Wave) threw us off.

Like last year's Battle Ram, however, I do think some of these will slip out before the end of the year.

New MoTU Mega Contrux Sets (Slime Pit, Hordak Strikes, Land Shark)

But what does 2022 really mean?

Is it 20+22 which is 42 and referencing the 42nd week of the year? Or, 42nd day of the year?

Is it 20-22 which is -2, which is how many days ago I expected them?

Or, could it be the 20th letter of the alphabet, “T” and the 22nd, “V”. And, when put together is “TV”. Is there going to be a televised answer or commercial?

Heck, it’s more than likely what I expected all along, 20/22 = 0.909090. And can only mean they’re referencing a new release of an animated cartoon just like The New Adventures of He-man premiered in 1990.

But, DD and BBTS did say 11/21 which does total 5. Which is how many months left until next spring. Damnit!
    Last edited by Okro; November 23, 2021 at 03:53pm.

My WANT/TRADE LIST

construction toy boffin Old Bolty-Neck's Avatar
    Instructions for all three of these sets are posted at Megaconstrux's site:

Land Shark (set number HDK07)

She-Ra vs Hordak & Monstroid (set number HFF27)

Horde Pit slimeless zombie He-Man (set number HDK06)
    My Mega Construx gallery <-- wanna see He-Man things made out of bricks? I got 'em here!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    Instructions for all three of these sets are posted at Megaconstrux's site:

Land Shark (set number HDK07)

She-Ra vs Hordak & Monstroid (set number HFF27)

Horde Pit slimeless zombie He-Man (set number HDK06)

Thanks for the links! I have been collecting the PDF instructions and some are easier to find than others.

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    Thanks for the links! I have been collecting the PDF instructions and some are easier to find than others.
    Yeah, they are not very consistent in posting these for whatever reason. A good place to keep an eye on is here:
    https://unboxed.megaconstrux.com/en-...f-the-universe

They used to post them in their generic instruction sheet area here, but aren't doing that lately (Horde Pit is in there, but no instructions are linked):
    https://service.mattel.com/us/instru...ts_results.asp

Quote Originally Posted by rexerm View Post
    Yeah, they are not very consistent in posting these for whatever reason. A good place to keep an eye on is here:
    https://unboxed.megaconstrux.com/en-...f-the-universe

They used to post them in their generic instruction sheet area here, but aren't doing that lately (Horde Pit is in there, but no instructions are linked):
    https://service.mattel.com/us/instru...ts_results.asp
    Thanks! I usually get them from the service.mattel.com site by searching for the individual products, but it takes them ages to update.

The ones I'm still missing are the last 2 Waves of Heroes, the He-Man vs Beast Man set, Battle Bones, and the Havoc Staff. I assume the Havoc Staff will be available eventually, but I do not expect we'll see PDF instructions for the others.