Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haslab Victory Saber

Haslab Victory Saber

The Victory Haslab project has been reveled, learn more here: https://hasbropulse.com/products/tra...-victory-saber
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Great. So they are having all Star Saber's forms and Victory Leo as a part of it.

That looks amazing. It looks better designed than the Master Piece version.

So happy it's not something G1 so I can pass on this. With Galactus and the Rancor due up in weeks, Haslab has enough of my money already tied up.

It looks neat just not my up of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    So happy it's not something G1 so I can pass on this. With Galactus and the Rancor due up in weeks, Haslab has enough of my money already tied up.

It looks neat just not my up of tea.
    But Victory is G1 (JK I get what you mean)

I am actually surprised, compared to other haslab projects, how more affordable it seems to be.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I am actually surprised, compared to other haslab projects, how more affordable it seems to be.
    Probably because it's a fair bit smaller than the others.

I was also quite surprised at how affordable it is...considering the price of Kingdom Rodimus Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I was also quite surprised at how affordable it is...considering the price of Kingdom Rodimus Prime.
    If it's the size your talking about Victory Leo is about 7.5 inches and I doubt Star Saber will be much bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    If it's the size your talking about Victory Leo is about 7.5 inches and I doubt Star Saber will be much bigger.
    For the price of Victory Saber in the UK it's around 200 while Rodimus Prime 80.

Well we can see Star Saber next to WFC Hound here and he seems to a bit more than twice Hound's (5.5 inch) height.

It's small. He's shorter than commander class Jetfire.

Still it is quite a fair price for a crowdfunding project, especially if you consider that every new Takara Masterpiece is over $150.
    Not really a big fan of Star Saber, I think it is the worst of the Japanese sequels... well, I did not like Headmasters either
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

It's small. He's shorter than commander class Jetfire.
    yeah, I knew the size. I meant they have an offering that isn't 300+ as a starting price point so it seems almost like a steal when compared to their other offerings lol
    cogito ergo doleo

yeah, I knew the size. I meant they have an offering that isn't 300+ as a starting price point so it seems almost like a steal when compared to their other offerings lol
    For the money they are asking compared to their previous Haslab offerings, it doesn't seem like a deal to me. It's half the size of the Sentinel and costs over twice as much as it. Plus the Sentinel has electronics and this doesn't. Not to mention that it comes with 2 standard size ML figures which retail for $20+ a piece. I won't even go into Galactus which is even bigger and includes 3 figures ...or the Barge which was MASSIVE. The only thing Saber has over the other offerings is that it transforms.

This is comparable to a commander class retail release that they are asking $180 for. When you break it down, it's one Deluxe figure and 2 Voyager figures. That's $80 retail. It should be $150 to 130 max just due to the limited nature of it. It's cheaper than the other Haslab items but that doesn't mean it isn't overpriced or is a steal. Hasbro is just aiming low.

For the money they are asking compared to their previous Haslab offerings, it doesn't seem like a deal to me. It's half the size of the Sentinel and costs over twice as much as it. Plus the Sentinel has electronics and this doesn't. Not to mention that it comes with 2 standard size ML figures which retail for $20+ a piece. I won't even go into Galactus which is even bigger and includes 3 figures ...or the Barge which was MASSIVE. The only thing Saber has over the other offerings is that it transforms.

This is comparable to a commander class retail release that they are asking $180 for. When you break it down, it's one Deluxe figure and 2 Voyager figures. That's $80 retail. It should be $150 to 130 max just due to the limited nature of it. It's cheaper than the other Haslab items but that doesn't mean it isn't overpriced or is a steal. Hasbro is just aiming low.
    ha, I think you are over analyzing what I meant more as a joke about the overall price point being less than the last few releases and not what the actual 'worth' of the piece is compared to the cost.

I truly don't think it is really worth it but then again I bought Unicron and thought it was an overpriced titan scaled figure. But I guess people can buy it now for retail or wait and spend 3 times the amount later if they want it.
    cogito ergo doleo

Turns out Rodimus in the UK is actually 92.

Better images: https://www.seibertron.com/transform...ber-set/46265/

- - - Updated - - -

BTW half way there

that seems like something they should already be including like they do with some masterpiece figures.
    cogito ergo doleo

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I haven't commented on this yet as I was kind of holding out to see how things looked as more info and pics came out. I've gotta say, even as a Star Saber fan, I can't help but feel underwhelmed. This set of figures seems okay, but certainly not impressive. The price tag doesn't help; it seems like it should be about $50 cheaper than what it is. $30 dollars at the very least. I can't believe they made the underside of the cannons hollow; it looks sooo bad. I know the Victory Saber boots have always been kind of cheesy anyway, but they look particularly off on this figure for some reason. I think the problem is that the Victory Saber boots should seem like extensions of his leg and have rockers at ankle. This figure just looks like Star Saber standing on two black boxes. If you look at it as being extensions of his lower legs (as intended) he looks like a bowlegged doofus. And it may just be me, but the wings look a little small.

And despite all those complaints about Victory Saber, I think that's where this figure is actually at its best; none of the other modes seem all that great to me. Victory Leo as a figure by itself seems downright mundane. He seems like he should be a $50 (at most) figure to me. ALL of the alt modes (Star Saber's and Victory Leo's) look off and/or cheap to me.

That said, it is really hard to say no to a quasi-mainline, U.S. release Victory Saber....

This project has been funded now lets hope the tier goals will be reached.

- - - Updated - - -

Tier 3 lock was revealed a couple days ago, a shield and a couple micro masters. They are Holi and fire.

Japanese G1 is my favorite Transformers cartoon era. Unfortunately, it's the era for which I have the least representation in my collection due to the astronomical prices of the vintage figures. So I am all in on Generations Japanese G1 figures.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Japanese G1 is my favorite Transformers cartoon era. Unfortunately, it's the era for which I have the least representation in my collection due to the astronomical prices of the vintage figures. So I am all in on Generations Japanese G1 figures.
    I don't know Japanese G1 always felt less like Transformers and more like a standard super robot show that just happened to have Transformers in it. Don't get me wrong Masterforce and Victory are decent, but I think the the Brave franchise ended up doing the formula better.