Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Spongebob Ultimates by Super7

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior Reviews2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Fright zone
    Posts
    622

    Spongebob Ultimates by Super7

    Here's yet another Ultimates from Super7
    https://preorder.super7store.com/col...timates-wave-1
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

  2. #2
    Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    3,854
    I'm glad I'm not a SpongeBob fan. I don't know if my wallet can take anymore Ultimates I want, lol.

    This does look like a fun little line for SpongeBob fans, and Super7 is building up a nice set of cartoon lines with Disney, Ren & Stimpy, and the Simpsons.

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,519
    Hopefully their next pre-order will be for MOTU Classics. Rumours are swirling...

  4. #4
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,317
    Darn you, Super 7!!!

    I will most definitely be getting these!

    But, it's okay because after these two, I will only need Patrick and Mr. Crabs... and Squidward...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  5. #5
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    Here's yet another Ultimates from Super7
    https://preorder.super7store.com/col...timates-wave-1
    I got this e-mail today and was like:

    "I wonder if anyone else is nervous that Super 7 is practically putting out every popular franchise for pre-order and then planning to run off with the money"
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior Reviews2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Fright zone
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I got this e-mail today and was like:

    "I wonder if anyone else is nervous that Super 7 is practically putting out every popular franchise for pre-order and then planning to run off with the money"
    How do they even get so many? I appreciate when they do series like this that don't have many figures and there are defiantly a few I would want to see.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,117
    I wish they could do some Scooby-Doo Ultimates.

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    6,185
    Good job S7. Finally some licenses I have zero interest in.

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior Reviews2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Fright zone
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Good job S7. Finally some licenses I have zero interest in.
    Honestly it's the opposite for me but these prices aren't very appealing(btw I'm not saying these are necessarily overpriced, it's just that my budget is very limited.)
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior Thrawn29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,895
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I'm glad I'm not a SpongeBob fan. I don't know if my wallet can take anymore Ultimates I want, lol.

    This does look like a fun little line for SpongeBob fans, and Super7 is building up a nice set of cartoon lines with Disney, Ren & Stimpy, and the Simpsons.
    My thoughts exactly. I have never seen an episode of Sponge Bob. Complete pass for me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I wish they could do some Scooby-Doo Ultimates.
    Don't even. I couldn't resist a Gator Ghoul.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I got this e-mail today and was like:

    "I wonder if anyone else is nervous that Super 7 is practically putting out every popular franchise for pre-order and then planning to run off with the money"
    I would not imagine every customer is buying every product they make. I only buy Ultimates from Super 7.

    One can always buy from Big Bad Toy Store so you don't pay for the product until it actually ships.

    It's a voluntary transaction.

    I have a notable amount of outstanding preorders with Super 7, but they have always delivered on all their products so far, and I voluntarily preordered based on a full understanding of their preorder model.

    Not singling you out Dice, but I don't understand why people keep bringing this criticism up when Big Bad Toy Store exists.

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    6,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I wish they could do some Scooby-Doo Ultimates.
    Yeah I'd be down with that...how about the Flintstones too.

  12. #12
    In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    13,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Hopefully their next pre-order will be for MOTU Classics. Rumours are swirling...
    Is this a joke or is there any truth to this?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Well now that there seems to be no limit on the types of licenses they are going for, I want to see Perfect Strangers Ultimates. And Balki better come with Dimitri!
    ____________________________________________

  13. #13
    The Man Shecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Is this a joke or is there any truth to this?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Well now that there seems to be no limit on the types of licenses they are going for, I want to see Perfect Strangers Ultimates. And Balki better come with Dimitri!

    Just rumors at this point due to Super7 recently being announced as guests at this year's Power Con, coupled with the Classics Bio Mondays returning.

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Just rumors at this point due to Super7 recently being announced as guests at this year's Power Con, coupled with the Classics Bio Mondays returning.
    Didn't they say a while back they were announcing another line at Power-Con.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Yeah I'd be down with that...how about the Flintstones too.
    Flintstones would be cool, but if we start the whole Hanna Barbera line then the obvious choice would be "Yogi's Treasure Hunt" and "Smurfs."

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Don't even. I couldn't resist a Gator Ghoul.
    Vincent Van Ghoul.

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Just rumors at this point due to Super7 recently being announced as guests at this year's Power Con, coupled with the Classics Bio Mondays returning.
    And it is an exciting rumor. I will keep an eye and ear for it. I hope there's some truth in it.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    281
    It seems extremely unlikely that Mattel will let them bring back Classics, especially since the Masterverse line was advertised as some kind of updated "replacement". More likely, S7 will show more 80s nostalgia stuff, maybe finally show off some Thundercats production figures or a new line like Bravestarr (which would make sense at Powercon, imho). But MOTU, I really really doubt it.

    But on topic...Spongewhat? Honestly, that whole thing passed me by as a young adult, luckily zero interest in these. I am however concerned by the rate they are announcing new product vs their portfolio of actually released Ultimates figures...
    Last edited by Lasastard; September 2, 2021 at 07:09am.

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    It seems extremely unlikely that Mattel will let them bring back Classics, especially since the Masterverse line was advertised as some kind of updated "replacement". More likely, S7 will show more 80s nostalgia stuff, maybe finally show off some Thundercats production figures or a new line like Bravestarr (which would make sense at Powercon, imho). But MOTU, I really really doubt it.

    But on topic...Spongewhat? Honestly, that whole thing passed me by as a young adult, luckily zero interest in these. I am however concerned by the rate they are announcing new product vs their portfolio of actually released Ultimates figures...
    As much as I would love some new Bravestarr figures I would prefer it if they were not being made by Super 7.

    As much as I love various cartoons I can't say I was ever that bothered about Spongebob.

  18. #18
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Not singling you out Dice, but I don't understand why people keep bringing this criticism up when Big Bad Toy Store exists.
    Well FIRST of all!

    I did put a laughing face at the end of my statement, cause I was joking

    I don't have any experience with Super 7 other than I have now paid for the Silverhawks Ultimate 1st batch directly through them.


    But I will criticize them in one aspect. They have now released for pre-order multiple items that someone like myself would be very interested in purchasing. But, even if I ordered through BBTS, there's no way of knowing when each will be released. It's a lot of money for a casual collector. I'm just going to have to miss out of a lot of it.

    So I wish they'd spread some of these things a little further apart to give people like me some financial recovery time. I'm going to miss out on a lot of good stuff. And if there's a lot of people in my same boat, Super 7 could potentially be missing out on some customers that would have happily purchased their products.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    Honestly it's the opposite for me but these prices aren't very appealing(btw I'm not saying these are necessarily overpriced, it's just that my budget is very limited.)
    I'm in the exact same boat.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I have never seen an episode of Sponge Bob. Complete pass for me.
    Sponge Bob was one of those shows that your kids are watching that you casual notice as you pass by or do other things. Next thing you know you're sitting there watching entire episodes. It's a really entertaining show with a lot of humor for all ages.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

  19. #19
    Friend of fox Rhanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eternian Pampas
    Posts
    2,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Flintstones would be cool, but if we start the whole Hanna Barbera line then the obvious choice would be "Yogi's Treasure Hunt" and "Smurfs." ...
    I'd love some Hanna Barbera adventure figures Ultimates such as Space Ghost, Birdman. Blue Falcon & Dynamutt, Mighty Mightor and Thundarr. Some of those have been released by Toynami (I think), but they are almost impossible to get.

    On the topic, they look nice, but never been a big fan of Spongebob.

    I do wish BraveStarr and TigerSharks in Ultimates form, to complete the best adventure 80's cartoons in the same scale, although I don't think there would be any news regarding those lines and not many people interested in
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

    My feedback thread

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    6,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post

    Sponge Bob was one of those shows that your kids are watching that you casual notice as you pass by or do other things. Next thing you know you're sitting there watching entire episodes. It's a really entertaining show with a lot of humor for all ages.
    So it's like South Park?

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    4,141
    I...um...no. Why?!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Watch!

    Barney would be a pack in with Fred. Similar to Orko/Adam.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Yeah I'd be down with that...how about the Flintstones too.

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior Reviews2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Fright zone
    Posts
    622
    Man a imagine 110$ two pack...
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •