Thread: Netflix MOTU Show Multiverse / Crossover

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar

Netflix MOTU Show Multiverse / Crossover

Thought this was interesting to note:

In a recent issue of SFX magazine, Executive Producer and Vice President Content Creative at Mattel Television Rob David was being interviewed about the new CGMOTU show coming out and was asked this:

• Will there be any crossover from Revelation and other MOTU/series projects?
    • Rob David: "Absolutely! I see MOTU as a multiverse! Both shows, both worlds and storylines, co exist in parallel dimensions."

Ron also went on to say that goes for every incarnation of MOTU in the past and the future. (Future? Live action anyone?)

It might be much ado about nothing. We'll see. But what I found interesting is when Rob was directly asked "will there be any crossover" he definitively answered "absolutely".

He said "both" I guess he forgot about She-Ra.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 10/17/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    He said "both" I guess he forgot about She-Ra.

I don't think they're considering She-Ra in-universe right now.

And, to be honest? I'm okay with that.

* runs and ducks for cover *

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    I don't think they're considering She-Ra in-universe right now.

And, to be honest? I'm okay with that.

* runs and ducks for cover *
    No need to run and duck depending what you mean by that, honestly I don't care much for the sibling concept much.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    No need to run and duck depending what you mean by that, honestly I don't care much for the sibling concept much.
    Duck and cover from any She-Ra fans wanting to throw spoiled vegetables at me

But yes, I've never been a fan of the Hordak stealing twin sister tacked on scenario either. I really tried to get into it, I really did, but I found it all very poorly conceived and a generic retread unfortunately.

I think She-Ra would take too much of the spotlight from Teela, who is being treated as a bigger deal now. How many episodes did Teela appear in Filmation She-Ra outside of the Secret of the Sword episodes despite still having voice actress Linda Gary around for both shows? I'm fine with the Horde showing up similar to 200X.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    How many episodes did Teela appear in Filmation She-Ra outside of the Secret of the Sword episodes despite still having voice actress Linda Gary around for both shows?
    At least (and perhaps only?) 1, when Hordak kidnapped Adam.

Unless they are making CGI into a quasi-sequel, they need to let it establish itself for a while before they do any kind of crossover. Revelation should be well finished by then.

New She-Ra doesn’t have to be sibling, if it’s a multiverse approach- in fact, they …wouldn’t be?
    It’s a different universe each, different reality- I think it could be fun to have them meet.
    Both Classic and New She Ra! Imagine the banter

Just don’t do a story where all the different versions of Masters get heart-breakingly killed by a cosmic menace

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    New She-Ra doesn’t have to be sibling, if it’s a multiverse approach- in fact, they …wouldn’t be?
    It’s a different universe each, different reality- I think it could be fun to have them meet.

Just don’t do a story where all the different versions of Masters get heart-breakingly killed by a cosmic menace
    I never thought of it before but now I want nothing more than a cosmic menace to kill off every version of She ra in the multiverse.

I really think the tone, style, and look of the new CGI Netflix MOTU series is building up to a possible crossover with the recent Netflix SPOP series. Here's hoping the show does well enough in views and toy sales to reach that point!
    Tweeterhead Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Classic She-Ra: "Come along lad"

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Classic She-Ra: "Come along lad"
    Actually, while rewatching lately (after looong time), her quips are kind of funny

I hope She-Ra will be involved and I also hope she is introduced in Revelation.
    Xena & She-Ra Rule

I love this idea. My daughter and my nephew both embrace the idea of a multiverse in their MOTU play. They have the “regular” universe, the Lords of Power universe, Anti-Eternia, and a bunch of others.

I hope Origin’s continues to explore this stuff too.

I’d love to see this play out on screen; the comic crossover was all sorts of fun.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    He said "both" I guess he forgot about She-Ra
    New She-Ra was conceived and produced by DreamWorks, with minimal Mattel involvement. Revelation and the CGI series, on the other hand, are Mattel productions. And, OMG, does this difference show... (*)

(*) And I'm not referring to Mattel having all but ignored New She-Ra (beyond their half-hearted attempt at a sorry excuse for a doll line), but about what it reveals about the degree of Mattelʼs involvement turning out to be a key component in wrecking the resulting product one way or another. It's no coincidence that the two best things to have happened to MotU during the past two decades (i.e., the Classics toyline and the laureated new She-Ra series) both happened and succeeded not precisely because of or thanks to Mattel, but on the contrary, they did so in spite of Mattelʼs egregious disdain towards them (which, as it turns out, was actually a blessing).
    Last edited by uaxuctum; September 6, 2021 at 02:59am.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    Put me in the no She-Ra boat. She waters down the concept. I get purists being purists but she doesn't add to the story of He-man and relies entirely on He-man to tell her story. She is finally, actually, special on her own. Give it to her.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    New She-Ra was conceived and produced by DreamWorks, with minimal Mattel involvement. Revelation and the CGI series, on the other hand, are Mattel productions. And, OMG, does this difference show... (*)

(*) And I'm not referring to Mattel having all but ignored New She-Ra (beyond their half-hearted attempt at a sorry excuse for a doll line), but about what it reveals about the degree of Mattelʼs involvement turning out to be a key component in wrecking the resulting product one way or another. It's no coincidence that the two best things to have happened to MotU during the past two decades (i.e., the Classics toyline and the laureated new She-Ra series) both happened and succeeded not precisely because of or thanks to Mattel, but on the contrary, they did so in spite of Mattelʼs egregious disdain towards them (which, as it turns out, was actually a blessing).
    Oh please Classics was a border line **** show. If you weren't there when it started it was near impossible to get into. By all accounts Mattycollector was a nightmare and you had to subscribe to get a year's worth of toy just to get one or two you might want.

As for Netflix She-Ra I really like the show and the direction it was going in the last season until the ****ing kiss at the end. They went the whole season building up She-Ra as a self-empowered, I can do this as long as I believe in my self, then at the last minute it true love's kiss that saves the day. ****ing bull ****.

MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 10/17/2021