Thread: I ordered my very first He-man & MOTU DVD set

I ordered my very first He-man & MOTU DVD set

I ordered it online. The complete original series.
    I cannot tell you how excited I am. Not only was He-man a big part of my childhood, but as an adult, it means more to me than I could possibly say.

7840580-l.jpg

I almost want to cry, and yes, I am a 43 year old male.

You're going to love it!

Thank you

Congrats. You will enjoy. I have the BCI DVD sets, the 30th Anniversary DVD set, and also bought streaming via VUDU. It is tempting to get this particular set as sort of a completest, but I think I have enough copies.

Heroic Warrior
    Enjoy it but you dont need to watch every single episode.

Season 2 has the better episodes with Buzz Off, Moss Man and others. Plus back then when WGN and TBS were airing the last half of "Season 2" of the show I still remember one episode involving Teela falling off a cliff. Same time when Marshal Bravestarr was gettting stale so they had to do a weird drug abuse crossover episode with some Sherlock Holme in the far future

Thank you fellow fans.
    Beyond excited to start watching, once I receive it.

Heroic Warrior
    Season 1 pretty much consists of that one dragon along with episodes dealing with Orko and his relatives. Even Beast Man and Evil Lyn are in Season 1 more than Triclops

You'll cry... when you see the botched picture quality and additional commercial blocks inserted. :\
    Brings doom to MOTUC with cel accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    You'll cry... when you see the botched picture quality and additional commercial blocks inserted. :\
    You have this same set ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    What do you mean by "additional commercial blocks"? Where it sort of fades for a split second where it doesn't seem like an original commercial break spot? The voice gets soft for a second and then it cuts directly to the next scene. I noticed that on the VUDU streaming episodes. I don't recall those on the Mill Creek and BCI DVD sets. Still, I think most non-diehards would not catch that and think that was just a part of the original show.

Yes, exactly that. That bugs me to pieces with those YouTube uploads, so I try to stick to watching episodes through the BCI DVDs. Honestly, I'd be surprised if someone thought that was normal. Those additional fade-outs/fade-ins are so poorly slapped on.

At the very least, the digital copies could have placed the additional ad breaks after the intro and before the moral sequence as it was done for the original television broadcasts.
    Last edited by medium_pyro; September 28, 2021 at 12:04am.

Quote Originally Posted by theAncients View Post
    I ordered it online. The complete original series.
    I cannot tell you how excited I am. Not only was He-man a big part of my childhood, but as an adult, it means more to me than I could possibly say.

7840580-l.jpg

I almost want to cry, and yes, I am a 43 year old male.

Almost ? I bawled like a baby when my little brother bought me origins Toys for my Birthday . The nice thing about rewatching your old cartoons is an adults brain can grasp certain concepts that your kid brain totally skimmed over .
    I did as you did 20 years back . When dvd,s and ordering from amazon was a were a new thing . I bought I think ? Brittish bootlegs of half the season 1 of MOTU with interesting art . Then the official DvDs came out and i completed it except for secret of the swords because well the 1st of the five She Ra episodes were unedited secret of the Sword .

https://www.duflix.com/products/mv10409

https://www.desertcart.com.om/produc...e-volume-3-dvd

I received it today !!!

I am so happy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I bought I think ? Brittish bootlegs of half the season 1 of MOTU with interesting art . Then the official DvDs came out and i completed it ...
    https://www.duflix.com/products/mv10409

https://www.desertcart.com.om/produc...e-volume-3-dvd
    The UK DVDs actually ARE OFFICIAL.

And they were FIRST (Contender released them starting in 2003).
    All and all, they got up to 9 Volumes, completing first season with 65 episodes. There's a boxset that has them all.

The americans came much later (BCI started releasing DVDs in 2005).
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!