Thread: Princess Bride McFarlane Toys

Princess Bride McFarlane Toys

McFarlane have finally showssome photos of the Princess Bride figures.
    The Princess Bride movie is awesome and it is excellent to finally get some figures of the main cast.
    https://news.toyark.com/2021/09/07/m...xt-week-442550
    Overall I think they look excelllent.

Heroic Warrior
    If Mcfarlane Toys get around to making Miracle Max then maybe ill spend a few bucks on some of those Princess Bride figures

I have wanted Princess Bride figures for years, but for some reason I find myself on the fence about these. They look good overall, but I'm not wowed for some reason. I think I might be more excited had the first wave included a couple of secondary characters. Instead, with the wave including just the four main characters, it makes me think McFarlane doesn't plan to do more than just these four. Hopefully I am wrong.

The line NEEDS Max, Valerie, Vizzini, Count Rugen, and Humperdink to be "complete." Some might argue the Albino and an R.O.U.S. are necessary too.

We'll see. Maybe once I see them in person I'll be more enthused.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

I'm jazzed for these, and honestly, I'll be okay if this is all we get.

I showed my daughter yesterday, and the first thing she said (after an initial "Wow! Cool!") was "They didn't make the little guy!" meaning Wallace Shawn's Vizzini.

If I were to only get four more figures out of McF for this line, it'd be him, an ROUS, Rugen, and Miracle Max. There simply aren't enough Billy Crystal figures in the world.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

The line definitely needs a second series for the full main cast.
    i hope Wesley gets an unmasked head.

I'll probably grab all of these, assuming the pre-orders aren't instant sell-outs. Kinda weird that McFarlane is doing these, it seems more like something we'd see from NECA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    The line definitely needs a second series for the full main cast.
    i hope Wesley gets an unmasked head.
    If this was Neca producing the figures, a second head would be almost guaranteed... with McFarlane? Not so much.

But, if I were a betting man, I'd say that his unmasked appearance is a must, so more than likely, we'll see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    I'll probably grab all of these, assuming the pre-orders aren't instant sell-outs. Kinda weird that McFarlane is doing these, it seems more like something we'd see from NECA.
    For some weird reason, the PB license has always scared companies away... maybe because it is a somewhat niche property?

Sideshow has a pretty decent 1:6 Westley... but, what I wouldn't give for Hot Toys to make some of the main cast!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    If this was Neca producing the figures, a second head would be almost guaranteed... with McFarlane? Not so much.

But, if I were a betting man, I'd say that his unmasked appearance is a must, so more than likely, we'll see it.
    It would be great if he came with the two heads like NECA do with a lot of figures. But based on McFarlane's DC figures it will probably be an unmasked variant release like the unmasked Batma and Wonder Woman with the Dr Fate helmet.

I recently watched the Andre The Giant documentry and it was quite interesting when the Princess Bride cast talked about Andre and filming different scenes fo the movie.