Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If this isn't evidence of a new Origins Snake Mountain ...

If this isn't evidence of a new Origins Snake Mountain ...

... I dunno what is

snake mountain.jpg

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    It looks like the vintage one to me. I could be wrong about that, but they may have just used a vintage one for the picture.

I love how even Mattel doesnt have a vintage SM with the shackles intact.

It does look like a vintage Snake Mountain but the chin seems brighter that on mine but that could be from the different conditions they've been in over the last 3 decades.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 9/30/2021

I noticed that too. I wondered if it might be a hint. That definitely looks like the vintage one to me. It looks like there is a spotlight shining on the chin.

It's not evidence but maybe just a teaser of things to come soon
    well I have the MOTUC SM and it is modern art, no question about it, but it would be great to have a small sized SM with better retail price especially for people who missed the collector edition few years ago from S7.

How nice would be dream not only SM but also a Fright Zone and Eternia, for sure
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Snake Mountain would be cool -- but I'm hoping we get Point Dread w/Talon Fighter and the Slime Pit next year. Two smaller playsets would be cool -- especially one that could feature some of the Castle Grayskull items from Power-Con that not everyone could get as well as other CG add-ons.

I'm seeing the vintage SM in that pic as well. Would be nice if Mattel produced one as a companion to their CG, but if they don't at least we still have the awesome figures.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

So if we get Snake Mountain who, if anyone, should be packed with it? Maybe King Hiss. I can't think of a different look he could use...

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 9/30/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    So if we get Snake Mountain who, if anyone, should be packed with it? Maybe King Hiss. I can't think of a different look he could use...

I heard someone suggest a Skelcon. But they are army builders so not the best choice for me. Maybe Demo Man? Some version of Skeletor since it's basically his place, and they put the Sorceress in Grayskull, although I could also see them doing a Demo Man/Vikor 2 pack someday.

Disco Skeletor? Have a place for a disco ball to hang inside?

Tough question. They may just cut the price and not include a figure at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I heard someone suggest a Skelcon. But they are army builders so not the best choice for me. Maybe Demo Man? Some version of Skeletor since it's basically his place, and they put the Sorceress in Grayskull, although I could also see them doing a Demo Man/Vikor 2 pack someday.

Disco Skeletor? Have a place for a disco ball to hang inside?

Tough question. They may just cut the price and not include a figure at all.
    Disco Skeletor would be cool to get, but if he does get make I'd like to get two, so I'm not going to support him coming with Snake Mountain. The 200X line did give us a few other looks for the overload of destruction there's also Leo Skeletor with his dark blue skin and black garb.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 9/30/2021

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Disco Skeletor would be cool to get, but if he does get make I'd like to get two, so I'm not going to support him coming with Snake Mountain. The 200X line did give us a few other looks for the overload of destruction there's also Leo Skeletor with his dark blue skin and black garb.

If they release "Disco" Skeletor, I also would want him released only as a single carded figure, and not as a pack-in with a playset or vehicle, or in a multi-pack (like the Keldor/ Kronis pack) with any other desirable figure.

But in my case, it is because I want to actively avoid purchasing Disco Skeletor. I get that this ridiculous 200X repaint has gained something of a cult following over the years, and for a lot of fans they've embraced the joke almost from a "so bad, it's good" standpoint. But I just flat out hate it and do not want to buy it.

My feelings on this are so strong that while I was completest with MOTUC during it's run and I have pretty much everything released in the line through Mattel and Super7 (including a lot of characters that I potentially could have done without if I wasn't a completest with it), Disco Skeletor would have been the exception (thankfully he never came out on that line). I either would have skipped buying him, or if he had been included in the sub or something like that, I would have sold him off or even given him away to just not have that retched, god-awful variant.

Yeah, maybe Leo Skeletor since they've already done Leo Faker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    If they release "Disco" Skeletor, I also would want him released only as a single carded figure, and not as a pack-in with a playset or vehicle, or in a multi-pack (like the Keldor/ Kronis pack) with any other desirable figure.

But in my case, it is because I want to actively avoid purchasing Disco Skeletor. I get that this ridiculous 200X repaint has gained something of a cult following over the years, and for a lot of fans they've embraced the joke almost from a "so bad, it's good" standpoint. But I just flat out hate it and do not want to buy it.

My feelings on this are so strong that while I was completest with MOTUC during it's run and I have pretty much everything released in the line through Mattel and Super7 (including a lot of characters that I potentially could have done without if I wasn't a completest with it), Disco Skeletor would have been the exception (thankfully he never came out on that line). I either would have skipped buying him, or if he had been included in the sub or something like that, I would have sold him off or even given him away to just not have that retched, god-awful variant.
    Seems a bit extreme but that's your opinion. Let me just say now if you do somehow end up with a Disco Skeletor you don't want let me know. I really love the idea so crazy color repaints just for the fun of it. Like Transformers Generation 2

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 9/30/2021

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Point Dread Talon Fighter should be coming next, without a doubt ! Fair enough, let them come, the faster the better !! So a few folks as myself can be spoiled again with a few items even more needed to complete our Motuc collection: Fright Zone, Slime Pit, Eternia ...
    WATCH THE OUTSTANDING NEW MUSIC VIDEO "Almighty's Hand" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg9ld7ynu6w
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I heard someone suggest a Skelcon. But they are army builders so not the best choice for me.
    Oooh I’d love a Skelcon, that would fit perfectly with Snake Mountain!
    We already have so many Skeletors…
    They could make it a slightly different Skelcon, and release a regular one separately on card, for army building.

I will never say no to another Snake Mountain in my collection, but that said- I kinda actually want to see The Slime Pit or The Fright Zone come next (Slime Pit with a Slime Pit He-Man exclusive figure, of course!). The Horde is upon us- and yet so far we've only seen Hordak, Buzz-Saw Hordak, Mosquitor and the Power-Con exclusive set. I'd love them to go full throttle on Evil Horde stuff in 2022 and would be psyched to see either of those playsets beat Snake Mountain out of the gate. Part of that is simply because we haven't had these (re)released since their '80s incarnations and it just feels overdue.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I will never say no to another Snake Mountain in my collection, but that said- I kinda actually want to see The Slime Pit or The Fright Zone come next (Slime Pit with a Slime Pit He-Man exclusive figure, of course!). The Horde is upon us- and yet so far we've only seen Hordak, Buzz-Saw Hordak, Mosquitor and the Power-Con exclusive set. I'd love them to go full throttle on Evil Horde stuff in 2022 and would be psyched to see either of those playsets beat Snake Mountain out of the gate. Part of that is simply because we haven't had these (re)released since their '80s incarnations and it just feels overdue.
    The Slime Pit should come with slime zombie body parts and some kind of helmet thing and slimy goopy armor. That way you can make anyone a slime zombie.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 9/30/2021

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Part of that is simply because we haven't had these (re)released since their '80s incarnations and it just feels overdue.
    There was a slime pit released in the 200X line.

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    There was a slime pit released in the 200X line.
    Yeah but it kinda stank
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Yeah but it kinda stank
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

I would prefer that they not include a figure, and use that part of the budget to make the playset itself that much cooler. Flesh out the interior and make it a bit more interesting, like what was attempted with the Classics version. If they must include a figure, and I imagine they will, it needs to be a desirable but inessential (for many) variant like the Sorceress that was packaged with Grayskull. Something like a slightly modified version of an army builder, as some have suggested, would be nice.

Or they could include Goat Man, in which case Snake Mountain would rapidly become the best-selling playset of all time!

I was dreaming last night I got the Talon Fighter and Point Dread and they came with the Power Con items. I think they could be packed in or split between the Slime Pit and PD/TF sets however, IRL.

I’m sticking with Disco Skeletor for Snake Mountain, seems the obvious choice. I’d like Snake Mountain mostly unchanged, just improved a bit like CG but I’d like to see a big revamp of the interior for sure.

Yeah but it kinda stank
    Incorrect, rules

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandabidozi View Post
    I was dreaming last night I got the Talon Fighter and Point Dread and they came with the Power Con items. I think they could be packed in or split between the Slime Pit and PD/TF sets however, IRL.

Im sticking with Disco Skeletor for Snake Mountain, seems the obvious choice. Id like Snake Mountain mostly unchanged, just improved a bit like CG but Id like to see a big revamp of the interior for sure.
    Imo Snake Mountain probably needs a huge overhaul. It needs the throne (and maybe the table, but that isn't as necessary imo) at the very least. I also think the microphone gimmick should be updated for the 21st century. Like, call the microphone a periscope or something that lets Skeletor see everything in Eternia, then have an app that has some animated footage of things going on in Eternia and like a soundboard. Have a little phone holder thing like as part of the wall and that would be a neat play feature for the kids.