Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sun-Man (Rulers of the Son) joins MOTU !!!!

I personally love the fact that Sun Man (and hopefully others from this line and more) join the MOTU Origins line. Its great to get the figures I had as a kid...and even more great to get more figures I never had as a kid! I was sad to see MOTU go when I was young. Now it's like it picked up where it was and is continuing like never before. I am personally loving it. Bring on as many characters as you can I say!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    It's ironic that the greatest ethnic diversity is among Skeletor's gallery of minions. I suppose in the spirit of what Sun man and Pig man were meant to represent, Pig man can simply slot right into Skeletor's band.

Although I can't imagine two major baddies staying tight for long! In my mind I picture a schism occurring where Pig man takes a handful of Skeletor's baddies with him because their bad guy philosophy better aligns. Then two groups battle each other for dominance of the Eternia 'underworld'. Then Pig man brings in baddies from other nearby planets, which would be a great time to bring in guys like Major Header and other fan created figures from the Classics line! Guys, this could be awesomely epic if Mattel were willing to put the marketing and tooling muscle behind it. Heck the bad guy fights alone could carry the franchise! OK, I'm off to dream up even more adventures.
    I would be all for a whole slew of new animorphic villains and still have them be called his evil Piglets or Pigions or something punny. Maybe they cold do Cowlico or Boxeroo...patents pending.....

Not my pic but how cool would an Evil cow man like this be in Motu.....Screenshot_20210924-092313_Google.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I would be all for a whole slew of new animorphic villains and still have them be called his evil Piglets or Pigions or something punny. Maybe they cold do Cowlico or Boxeroo...patents pending.....

Not my pic but how cool would an Evil cow man like this be in Motu.....Screenshot_20210924-092313_Google.jpg
    Make it an evil cow woman and she could be called Bovinia.

Sun Man and Pig Head interest me, but the other characters not so much. I would have preferred Blackstar or Bravestarr getting integrated first. I think Galoob (Blackstar) is owned by Hasbro now, though.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Sun Man and Pig Head interest me, but the other characters not so much. I would have preferred Blackstar or Bravestarr getting integrated first. I think Galoob (Blackstar) is owned by Hasbro now, though.
    Galoob made the Blackstar toys but that was after the cartoon had finished production. Rights would have been fully Filmation's so it should be with Dreamworks now.
    My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

Just came across this reveal on YouTube. I'm not collecting this line as I have no connection to it, but he looks pretty cool.

Screenshot_20211012-141622~2.jpg

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Just came across this reveal on YouTube. I'm not collecting this line as I have no connection to it, but he looks pretty cool.

I will be surprised if this is a legit reveal. The packaging is exactly like the Rulers of the Sun 80s packaging (reference here: https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfi...figure=pighead) and has the Fan Club burst on the upper right. Even his weapon is in the same spot in the package it was in the 80s, rather than behind it in a plastic bag like other Origins figures.

You sure that isnt just a picture of the original?
    cogito ergo doleo

Ya think? I have no experience with this line. Mr. Alan and his world of toys just premiered it as new MOTU Origins Pig-Man figure and single carded Sun-Man.

Screenshot_20211012-144650~2.jpg

Ya think? I have no experience with this line. Mr. Alan and his world of toys just premiered it as new MOTU Origins Pig-Man figure and single carded Sun-Man.

Screenshot_20211012-144650~2.jpg
    Those are all the vintage figures.

Well I don't know if my sleuthing is any good... but the Pig Man cards says for ages 5 and over (on the top of the card back). And I believe Origins are for ages 6 and up. So I think those are vintage figures - at least Pig Man. Mattel doesn't play around with legal issues. Their lawyers are sticklers. I think the Origins versions of Pig Man and Sun Man will be ages 6 and up like the rest of the line.

Also, there is no Mattel logo and it has the Olmec logo on The bottom. Originals in acrylic cases.

Sorry for the false alarm guys. The video is titled "New MOTU Origins Pig-Head figure revealed!!"

Sorry for the false alarm guys. The video is titled "New MOTU Origins Pig-Head figure revealed!!"
    No worries I might have done the same. I say better to post it and not miss out on something than not post something and we all miss it.

Heroic Warrior
    I have no investment in Sun-Man whatsoever, but I need this guy to get made for the sake of subbing him in as goblins for Skeletor to hire. Please find some way to make it happen Mattel!
    Last edited by Forcehunter; October 13, 2021 at 11:22am. Reason: Did not need quote

Yea how hard are these going to be to find.....