Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Sun-Man (Rulers of the Son) joins MOTU !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RichardT1977 View Post
    I could totally see Pig Head having a connection to Plundor, for visually obvious reasons.
    But wasn't pig head human and became pighead as a result of a curse? I thought plundor was an alien bunneh.

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    so wait, Space Sumo the telekinetic Ninja is a Chinese man.... even though Sumo and Ninjitsu are two different forms of Japanese fighting styles?

Did someone not do proper research there?
    Chinese?!... He might look asian to us, but does ROS' canon has anything to do with Earth's history? I'm just asking because I haven't read the associated mini-comics yet...

Anyhow, I was suppose to receive my Target exclusive today, but Fedex had a different plan in mind and delayed it without a good explanation! Sigh...
    Creativity is addictive.

Got the Target three-pack today. Love the colors. Had NO clue Sun-Man and Space Sumo shared the same head sculpt in this! I wish Space Sumo had another weapon, but all in all I like this set a lot. The cards they come with are fun, too.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by binkibonsai View Post
    But wasn't pig head human and became pighead as a result of a curse? I thought plundor was an alien bunneh.
    Was that the curse that stripped him of his melanin?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thewyldman View Post
    There wre a couple of more in the original mini-comic, but let's just say they are pretty bad. One's named Cube Face because he has a cube for a .

Yes this is an offical mini-comic:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/FubJ1Sh
    The Sun-Man toy line is only one retelling of the Sun Man story. In the classic Sun Man and Sun People story, itís Cube Face and the Cube Faced people who are the main antagonists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Now Snizzler looks like a interesting design that could make a great figure(if the design is fleshed out a little more
    Snizzler looks like a caricature of a historically marginalized religious group.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Chinese?!... He might look asian to us, but does ROS' canon has anything to do with Earth's history? I'm just asking because I haven't read the associated mini-comics yet...

Anyhow, I was suppose to receive my Target exclusive today, but Fedex had a different plan in mind and delayed it without a good explanation! Sigh...
    iirc, Space Sumo is literally from Earth. Bolt Man too. Sun Man himself is from Trefixa, but a lot of his friends are Earthlings

Quote Originally Posted by Dylamug View Post
    iirc, Space Sumo is literally from Earth. Bolt Man too. Sun Man himself is from Trefixa, but a lot of his friends are Earthlings
    Latest Minicomic implied that Digitino is now from Trefixa which suggest that all of them are. But I'm sure that Space Sumo mini will clear things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylamug View Post
    Interesting!
    Why Earthlings have to exist in this mythical universe!? Sigh...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Latest Minicomic implied that Digitino is now from Trefixa which suggest that all of them are. But I'm sure that Space Sumo mini will clear things up.
    Interesting again!

BTW, I just got my ROTS Target exclusive an hour ago!
    Creativity is addictive.

Heroic Warrior Ultimate Sorceress's Avatar
    I think Pig Face from the ROS 3 Pack looks so much better with metallic paint detail.

The head sculpt for Sun Man is great. It would've been so awesome if they also gave him metallic paint detail, similar to the exclusive.

Space Sumo is a decent figure and I take back any initial negative critique.

Just found the 3 pack. They had 6 in stock
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Heroic Warrior
    Got my 3-pack today too 👍🏽

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Sorceress View Post
    I think Pig Face from the ROS 3 Pack looks so much better with metallic paint detail.

The head sculpt for Sun Man is great. It would've been so awesome if they also gave him metallic paint detail, similar to the exclusive.

Space Sumo is a decent figure and I take back any initial negative critique.
    Agreed on the metallics on Pig Head. Definitely will be my default in my display. Space Sumo is great in-hand. The only thing I'm worried about is if the exclusive single-carded version (they did say that was coming, right?) might have an exclusive mini-comic and make me buy him again.

Heroic Warrior Ultimate Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Agreed on the metallics on Pig Head. Definitely will be my default in my display. Space Sumo is great in-hand. The only thing I'm worried about is if the exclusive single-carded version (they did say that was coming, right?) might have an exclusive mini-comic and make me buy him again.
    I think I might skip on Space Sumo as a MC Exclusive. I'd need a big incentive to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    He does have. It was seen on con.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    Was that the curse that stripped him of his melanin?
    I... Think he lost quite a bit more than just his colour.

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

I'm really curious what will be differnce between 2 Sumos. Shiny paint? Maybe extra weapon like Ninjor's nunchuck.

Sun-Man (Rulers of the Son) joins MOTU !!!!

The 3-pack is on sale for $34.99 at Target.com and that price ends Saturday. Iím sure you could contact customer service for a price adjustment if you already bought one.

https://www.target.com/p/masters-of-...e/-/A-85210216

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Sorceress View Post
    I think I might skip on Space Sumo as a MC Exclusive. I'd need a big incentive to get him.
    Yeah, that one's a head scratcher if it's just the exact same figure to be found in the Target 3-Pack but with a comic and fancy packaging. Hoping he ends up having metallic paint apps, and extra weapon... or... something, anything really.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Interesting!
    Why Earthlings have to exist in this mythical universe!? Sigh...
    It's an easy way to explain why they look exactly like us. Humans have been part of MOTU from the very beginning. Queen Marlena is from Earth, and one of the early origins stories for Tri-Klops, Beast Man and Evil-Lyn was for them to be Marlena's astronaut crewmates.

Personally I really like the connection, since as a kid it made me feel that I could actually go to Eternia. It made it seem more like a real place, and not some far away fantasy land that didn't really exist.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Yeah, that one's a head scratcher if it's just the exact same figure to be found in the Target 3-Pack but with a comic and fancy packaging. Hoping he ends up having metallic paint apps, and extra weapon... or... something, anything really.
    They never made literally the same figure twice, there has to be some difference.

Wh n is he coming out anyway? This month, next?

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    They never made literally the same figure twice, there has to be some difference.

Wh n is he coming out anyway? This month, next?
    I can't recall if they mentioned when the release date would be for this one. I would imagine probably mid-November? I can't see them putting Eternia up for pre-order AND asking anyone to buy... Space Sumo in the same time period.
    I would guess Space Sumo in November, Kamo Khan in January after the holidays and closer to when the Snakemen start hitting retail.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    The 3-pack is on sale for $34.99 at Target.com and that price ends Saturday. I’m sure you could contact customer service for a price adjustment if you already bought one.

https://www.target.com/p/masters-of-...e/-/A-85210216
    i called for an adjustment and they wont adjust preorder items. when i said ill just return the item i ordered for full refund and place a new order to get the discount they said fine, we will offer a one time service adjustment but its against policy. talk about some terrible customer service. in the end i got it but my item literally just arrived yesterday and they are questioning when i ordered. not my fault you couldnt fulfill the order sooner. so be prepared to argue with them if you call. but hey $15 is a another new figure so worth the hassle. also takes 5-7 days to receive the refund.

Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    i called for an adjustment and they wont adjust preorder items.
    That's a bummer, but I'm sure they have the policies for a reason. I just bought Masterverse She-Ra and Hordak earlier this week and since it was in stock they honored the price adjustment.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    i called for an adjustment and they wont adjust preorder items. when i said ill just return the item i ordered for full refund and place a new order to get the discount they said fine, we will offer a one time service adjustment but its against policy. talk about some terrible customer service. in the end i got it but my item literally just arrived yesterday and they are questioning when i ordered. not my fault you couldnt fulfill the order sooner. so be prepared to argue with them if you call. but hey $15 is a another new figure so worth the hassle. also takes 5-7 days to receive the refund.
    If the online agents wonít budge, I wonder if itís possible to just buy the set in store and then return it maybe next day using the online receipt?

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdufus View Post
    If the online agents won’t budge, I wonder if it’s possible to just buy the set in store and then return it maybe next day using the online receipt?
    You don't have to wait for the next day. You could do this same day.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    You don't have to wait for the next day. You could do this same day.
    Ok I guess Iíll give it a try.