Thread: Sun-Man (Rulers of the Son) joins MOTU !!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Heroic Warrior

Sun-Man (Rulers of the Son) joins MOTU !!!!

Has anyone been on Facebook and see the post and artwork and announcement from from Axel Giménez? Looks like we're getting Sun-Man figures from Mattel and part of MOTU Origins

- - - Updated - - -

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1366713075

- - - Updated - - -

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1366713075

Cool! I can save some money since I have no emotional connection to this property. Happy for those who do. It’s an interesting concept.

Quote Originally Posted by They-Them View Post
    Cool! I can save some money since I have no emotional connection to this property. Happy for those who do. It’s an interesting concept.
    Same here. I know nothing of the franchise which is money saved.

I am happy for those who want to buy these.
    Looking For Super 7's Club Grayskull Wave 1 Figures (Hordak, Teela, Man-At-Arms & Tri-Klops) !

Heroic Warrior
    Will probably end up getting Sun Man and the main villain, if he gets released, for the collaboration novalty and to help support the line, but as a MOTU only collector, that will be as far as it goes.

I think it’s great we’re getting Sun-Man. I got him at a small store near me in NJ, because I liked the colors and overall look of the figure. They fit with MOTU figures perfectly too. Never found Pig Head though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Ro View Post
    I think it’s great we’re getting Sun-Man. I got him at a small store near me in NJ, because I liked the colors and overall look of the figure. They fit with MOTU figures perfectly too. Never found Pig Head though.
    Fair point on MOTU not have anything other that white dudes and the odd colored fantasy creature from time to time. Most toy lines that bothered with minorities managed to get them out in the second wave.

Also looking at the bigger picture MOTU was no stranger to diversity in the story telling. It would seem that only the toy makers did not thing in include other ethnicities.

MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 12/4/2021

As a kid, I looked for Cyborg for an entire YEAR in every store that I went in to. I never found him. When we went out of town, I looked, when We went to the mall, grocery stores, etc. He was NOT plentiful.

I have no idea about the character & the line even existed in the 80's. In today's world with cost of living going higher & higher, and with shipping + import cost going up, sticking to the core characters is the wise thing to do. At least for me. Like I said, I am neither excited or frustrated about it's inclusion in the MOTU world.

And the reasoning behind the birth of this line was just icing on the cake.
    Looking For Super 7's Club Grayskull Wave 1 Figures (Hordak, Teela, Man-At-Arms & Tri-Klops) !

I hope these aren't included in the Origins waves. Making them available online for those who want it is cool, but the second this property starts interfering with the release of the main line it becomes an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    I hope these aren't included in the Origins waves. Making them available online for those who want it is cool, but the second this property starts interfering with the release of the main line it becomes an issue.
    Yep, as I have no interest in this character line since I have no connection to them.

EAXCTLY ! This can come like Masters Of The WWE Universe line. WIN-WIN situation for everyone.

Why? What would it hurt to have them in waves? Just don’t buy the figures you don’t want?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    This sounds pretty cool. I'll be buying these. I wish they get the rights to some of the other MOTU-like lines from the 80's like the Remco stuff.
    I’d love that.
    cogito ergo doleo

This sounds pretty cool. I'll be buying these. I wish they get the rights to some of the other MOTU-like lines from the 80's like the Remco stuff.

Court Magician
    I've always wondered how much He-Man and Blackstar storyboard artist Michael Swanigan had to do with the sprinkling of human ethnic variation in the cartoon series. Having someone around with a different perspective provides different outcomes.

michaelsnew_full.jpg
    Last edited by Customizer; September 12, 2021 at 06:53am.
    Rise of the Beasts - Series 2 action figures !!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...easts-series-2

I never heard of "Sun Man" until recently. Seems a very US specific issue. However, I appreciate Mattel introducing authentic characters into the line rather than bending existing ones like they did with King Grayskull.

Oh wait, Anti-Eternia He-Man looks pretty black to me too...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I´m hoping for Fuerza-T

There were very many Head variants for Sun-Man. I think that is why I don't really like the Origins versions we have seen so far. They are so plain and devoid of detail, they almost seem to be an animated style. Hopefully as with He-Man there will eventually be a release with a more detailed serious looking head. They could choose from many of these. All of these pictures are from https://onlinetoyshow.com/

I mostly prefer the Arnold and Willis heads as they seem to have the most depth and seriousness. All of the heads are interesting and I prefer them all to the Origins versions.

The Flat top and Willis heads are smaller and look proportionally the best to me.

The Origins head has incredibly soft features. He looks like a child.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    There were very many Head variants for Sun-Man. I think that is why I don't really like the Origins versions we have seen so far. They are so plain and devoid of detail, they almost seem to be an animated style. Hopefully as with He-Man there will eventually be a release with a more detailed serious looking head. They could choose from many of these. All of these pictures are from https://onlinetoyshow.com/

https://onlinetoyshow.com/images/fig...ded3edited.jpg
    https://onlinetoyshow.com/images/fig...manarnold1.jpg
    https://onlinetoyshow.com/images/fig...lat7edited.jpg
    https://onlinetoyshow.com/images/fig...edcarded21.jpg
    https://onlinetoyshow.com/images/fig...mitedhead2.jpg
    https://onlinetoyshow.com/images/fig...lis2edited.jpg

I mostly prefer the Arnold and Willis heads as they seem to have the most depth and seriousness. All of the heads are interesting and I prefer them all to the Origins versions.

The Flat top and Willis heads are smaller and look proportionally the best to me.
    Interesting… I had no idea there was a J-hook head. It slightly reminds me a bit of 80s Mike Tyson although the hair on the sides would need to be faded out more. That being said it is my least favorite head of the series. I also think that the flattop head would be even cooler if he had a mustache going on ala 80/90s Booker T.

The Arnold and/or Willis heads are the Sun Man I know so I’m glad that’s what we’re getting

Heroic Warrior
    Has anyone else had Mattel Creations select next day shipping for you? Because I selected standard shipping, but once I paid, it said they're charging for next day.

What should I do?

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Has anyone else had Mattel Creations select next day shipping for you? Because I selected standard shipping, but once I paid, it said they're charging for next day.

What should I do?
    This did not happen to me. I would try to contact them. Sun Man isn't supposed to ship until January, so you may be able to get it changed.

The First Avenger
    Sold out surprise surprise...