Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: PowerCon Reveals

Mine’s on its way too!

Guys keep checking BBTS for canceled orders, I just caught the Evil Horde Pack at 8:30.
    Instagram: dadhausen

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    My best guesses for any of the Powercon exclusives down the road at retail would be... (btw I have no inside information)
    Regular Horde Trooper, Regular Grizzlor of course.
    Maybe the Faker & Dupli-Cat set in pink armor (like the Target exclusive Battle Field Warriors set, but definitely not the Leo Faker)
    Maybe the Grayskull Android repainted as a single card release.
    I don't think you will see any of the others - but Sun-Man (of course) on a regular card (as was mentioned).
    Yes, the CG Robot/armor on a single card will probably come with the CG blaster in that blue-ish color as well.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

See I’m now more into the idea of trying to pick-up that comic Adam set. I know it’s price is out of sight, but tri-klops needs some friends. I have the kind of 200x section separate as well. As much as I don’t really love origins, I love the “history” figures. That “lords of power” set was, in my opinion the best thing origins ever did. That is a true origin.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by DadStrong View Post
    Guys keep checking BBTS for canceled orders, I just caught the Evil Horde Pack at 8:30.
    Yeah I think that's a good idea. Geek Dad Life brought up the point in their latest video that PC attendees either have to cancel their orders or pay for very expensive shipping because PC can't get a discounted rate. So some of those people probably tried to get them from Mattel Creations, where shipping is much cheaper. I'm not sure when/how/if Val is going to put up refunded sets but it's worth looking into.

Also, BBTS charged more, so there are liekly to be cancellations there too.

So Ironically, the cheapest option to get these figures was to get them from Mattel Creations on Monday. Had I thought this through, I would have tried to get the Horde pack on Monday rather than paying BBTS's markup. But I'm not complaining - at least I'm getting them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    See I’m now more into the idea of trying to pick-up that comic Adam set. I know it’s price is out of sight, but tri-klops needs some friends. I have the kind of 200x section separate as well. As much as I don’t really love origins, I love the “history” figures. That “lords of power” set was, in my opinion the best thing origins ever did. That is a true origin.
    I know... me getting all these exclusives has put me in the completionist mindset again... and I don't have any exclusives prior to 2021 so that would be an expensive endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    So Ironically, the cheapest option to get these figures was to get them from Mattel Creations on Monday. Had I thought this through, I would have tried to get the Horde pack on Monday rather than paying BBTS's markup. But I'm not complaining - at least I'm getting them.
    I’ll pay the little extra from BBTS than pay what they are going for on the secondary any day (even though they’re dropping in price, which is a good sign)

Yeah I think that's a good idea. Geek Dad Life brought up the point in their latest video that PC attendees either have to cancel their orders or pay for very expensive shipping because PC can't get a discounted rate. So some of those people probably tried to get them from Mattel Creations, where shipping is much cheaper. I'm not sure when/how/if Val is going to put up refunded sets but it's worth looking into.

Also, BBTS charged more, so there are liekly to be cancellations there too.

- - - Updated - - -

I know... me getting all these exclusives has put me in the completionist mindset again... and I don't have any exclusives prior to 2021 so that would be an expensive endeavor.
    Oh…damn….I’m scared to even look up some of these sets. Motuc alone is insane. I think there are less sellers on eBay and with that $600 threshold going into effect next year, the few sellers left will be charging insane prices. I feel like every day I wake up, my dollar is worth less and less.

Heroic Warrior
    i cancelled my BBTS order after getting them from matty. saved me $120 dollars so why wouldnt i. i guess i could have kept both orders and sold but i just never consider it worth the effort to deal with that. let someone else have a shot.

Oh…damn….I’m scared to even look up some of these sets. Motuc alone is insane. I think there are less sellers on eBay and with that $600 threshold going into effect next year, the few sellers left will be charging insane prices. I feel like every day I wake up, my dollar is worth less and less.
    What is the $600 threshold? Something to do with federal withholding tax and 1099's?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    i cancelled my BBTS order after getting them from matty. saved me $120 dollars so why wouldnt i. i guess i could have kept both orders and sold but i just never consider it worth the effort to deal with that. let someone else have a shot.
    Good for you for saving the money and leaving them for someone else. I wish I had thought that out...

What is the $600 threshold? Something to do with federal withholding tax and 1099's?

- - - Updated - - -

Good for you for saving the money and leaving them for someone else. I wish I had thought that out...
    Yes anyone that makes more than $600 will have to report to the irs. Like you don’t pay enough fees as it is. I will never again sell on eBay.
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Yes anyone that makes more than $600 will have to report to the irs. Like you don’t pay enough fees as it is. I will never again sell on eBay.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but even if you sell things through something like the Marketplace here, won't the $600 still apply if using Paypal for the transactions?

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but even if you sell things through something like the Marketplace here, won't the $600 still apply if using Paypal for the transactions?
    Probably not, unless there is a description of the transaction attached or goods being purchased, they have no way of knowing why that money was sent. I send paypal to friends for various things league fees, jersey purchases for our teams, etc.

The Tax-man cometh…….Tax-or….got be Tax-or….he would need to be a villain.

The Tax-man cometh…….Tax-or….got be Tax-or….he would need to be a villain.
    "Tax-or"

Lol
    tr55.jpg can be something like this

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Keep in mind that the $600 threshold coming next year is only for ebay's (and other similar places) reporting requirements. Whether or not you have to report that as income will vary depending on the circumstances. Some individual states already have thresholds lower than $600.

Yes, the IRS will know that you sold $600 (or however much) worth of stuff online. That doesn't necessarily mean the money has to be reported by you as income under IRS rules. There are all sorts of rules about what is and is not reportable. However, generally, if you are just selling stuff from around your house to make extra money or to get rid of junk (sort of like having a garage sale in the offline world), that income will still be treated the way it is now and would not have to be reported.
    Last edited by anytimepally; September 15, 2021 at 01:07pm.

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    Keep in mind that the $600 threshold coming next year is only for ebay's (and other similar places) reporting requirements. Whether or not you have to report that as income will vary depending on the circumstances. Some individual states already have thresholds lower than $600.

Yes, the IRS will know that you sold $600 (or however much) worth of stuff online. That doesn't necessarily mean the money has to be reported by you as income under IRS rules. There are all sorts of rules about what is and is not reportable. However, generally, if you are just selling stuff from around your house to make extra money or to get rid of junk (sort of like having a garage sale in the offline world), that income will still be treated the way it is now and would not have to be reported.
    I honestly don’t think it will be as bad as people think, but it will scare enough people away that prices will surely go up on the stuff that is listed.

Widget
    Does anyone remember how long Sun Man lasted on Monday before the exclusive figure was sold out? I bought 2 sun man within the first two minutes at 12:02pm est. I didn’t pay attention and am just curious.

I guess after the first minute: the Horde Pack was sold out, followed by Dupli-cat/Faker Pack. I remember I refreshed the page after a couple of minutes, and Sun-Man and Spirit of Grayskul/Dungeon were still available, but short after those went sold out too. Tri-klops lasted longer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I wouldn’t think so because most of the time we send money as a “gift “
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Ok thanks. That's been the law forever I guess Ebay is just starting to report it now. I'm surprised this didn't happen earlier.

When I used to do 1099 reporting for the company I worked for, we didn't send 1099's to retailers. We mostly sent them to people who provided services to my company.

Anyways, taxes are boring.

I heard the threshold is going to be something like $1000 (it used to be $20,000). In any case, I'm going to stop selling most things. It's not worth taking such a big loss from ebay fees, paypal fees, shipping, and now income tax too? Probably makes more sense to do trades instead of selling your stuff.

On the positive side I guess this will put a damper on scalping.
    Last edited by Lich Leech; September 15, 2021 at 02:24pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I heard the threshold is going to be something like $1000 (it used to be $20,000). In any case, I'm going to stop selling most things. It's not worth taking such a big loss from ebay fees, paypal fees, shipping, and now income tax too? Probably makes more sense to do trades instead of selling your stuff.

On the positive side I guess this will put a damper on scalping.
    I read today that it's definitely $600 and no minimum on transactions so if you sold even one item for $600 you get the tax form. I doubt it will affect scalpers though as they seem to have tons of disposable income. I think it will mostly affect the average person trying to clear out a collection or whatnot and now on top of all the fees and hassles in general...will have to pay income tax.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by merman78 View Post
    I read today that it's definitely $600 and no minimum on transactions so if you sold even one item for $600 you get the tax form. I doubt it will affect scalpers though as they seem to have tons of disposable income. I think it will mostly affect the average person trying to clear out a collection or whatnot and now on top of all the fees and hassles in general...will have to pay income tax.
    In the instance you describe ("trying to clear out a collection or whatnot"), as I noted above, you will still not to have to report that as income under the new rule. Just like a garage sale.

The reportable income rules are not changing, just the threshold at which ebay has to inform the IRS and send you a 1099. That, in and of itself, does not change the nature of the income. If it's reportable now, you should be reporting it anyway, regardless of the amount. If it's not reportable, you will still not have to report it. The difference is that the IRS will know about it now and, if you get flagged, you will have to explain it. But you still won't be required to report it as income if you are "trying to clear out a collection or whatnot."

Also, I guess this is without taking into account the COGS. I mean, $600 or more were not made out of the thin air to be fully taxable (if it was reportable). Anything sold had a cost (unless you got those items for free). But yes, for those Scalpers where the COST was $ 30.00 for Sun-Man and taking $ 600 for it (if they rip someone off in ebay), yeah they should explain that to IRS, I hope, Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    In the instance you describe ("trying to clear out a collection or whatnot"), as I noted above, you will still not to have to report that as income under the new rule. Just like a garage sale.

The reportable income rules are not changing, just the threshold at which ebay has to inform the IRS and send you a 1099. That, in and of itself, does not change the nature of the income. If it's reportable now, you should be reporting it anyway, regardless of the amount. If it's not reportable, you will still not have to report it. The difference is that the IRS will know about it now and, if you get flagged, you will have to explain it. But you still won't be required to report it as income if you are "trying to clear out a collection or whatnot."
    Can you recommend a good source of information about rules for this?